Chapter 43

One Stop Closer to Paris

 "They said the worst thing that could ever happen to a relationship is

meeting the right one at the wrong time,

and that's exactly what happened to us."


"Chaerin, you're shaking."

"I'm not," I say as I tried to stop the trembling of my hands.

It was a beautiful autumn day outside the airport. With the fiery orange leaves delicately falling off the trees, even the temperature was perfect. What a contrast to my emotions.

You can't exactly expect me to leap around in happiness when the one that matters to me the most is leaving. 

"Don't mean to be a mood spoiler but, do you two mind walking a bit faster? Ji Yong is going to miss his plane if we don't hurry." Seungri spoke from behind, walking together with Alice and Flynn.

"Won't it be great if he did," I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that, ma cherie." Ji Yong's eyes crinkled up as he smiled, leaning forward to press a kiss on my forehead. 

My breathing almost halted as I saw the bright neon blue numbers right in front of us. 

Gate S17

As if on cue, a loud voice boomed from the speakers, announcing that the boarding gate will be closing in approximately five minutes. 

Five minutes, three hundred seconds. That's all I have left with him.

"Have fun in France, my blood brother." Seungri kidded, giving Ji Yong a fist bump and a hug.

"If you hook up with random french ladies I will personally fly over to kick your , got it?" Alice glared before giving Ji Yong a painful pat on the back, elicting an 'ow' from the latter.

"I don't really know you but, have a safe flight I guess." Flynn droned, causing all of us to laugh. 

"Thank you so much. I mean, you saved me life after all." Ji Yong grinned. 

And then he turned to me.

For a short while, the both of us just stared at each other in silence. His beautifully brown pupils directed a soft gaze into my chocolate pair as we both started smiling. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Seungri leaving with the others, tactfully leaving it to us.

This is it...he's really going to leave soon.

"I'm gonna miss you." I mumbled quietly as I looked down, tears threatening to fall. 

Don't cry.

A pair of warm arms enveloped me, his chest moving as he inhaled and exhaled deeply. "I'm going to miss you too, so much."

I rested my head in the crook of his neck, enjoying the scent of his cologne and the bumpiness of his collarbone I've always about. 

"Piglet,"

"Yes?" I chuckle at the nickname he made up for me.

"If you feel like you can't wait for me, I don't want you to force yourself...do you understand me?" He spoke softly. 

I wanted to argue, I wanted to protest. I wanted to tell him that what he is saying is all utter nonsense and the sky would fall and hell would break through when the day comes that I won't wait for him. 

But time is running short. I have no choice.

"I understand. You don't know how good am I at waiting though." I replied.

"I do know, and in fact, you are not good at waiting. Remember the time when we took the bus downtown and you nearly pulled your hair out because the bus was slow?"

I smacked him on the chest. "That was one time."

However, our laughter was interrupted by the announcement that the boarding gate will be closing in one minutes time. 

Sixty seconds left.

Panic washed over my stomach in waves at the thought that the man I'm holding in my arms will be gone after a minute. 

He grabbed my face suddenly, pressing in urgently for one last kiss. 

"Take care, call Seungri or Alice if anything happens. Winter is coming so you should also take note to keep yourself warm, the last time you told me you hated wearing parkas in winter almost made me flip the table. And-" He babbled as he pulled away, but was soon cut off when I met his lips with mine. 

"I can take care of myself, mother." I snickered for one time last before hugging him tight. "You take care too, okay? Your an awesome cook so I know you'll be able to feed yourself. But I'm definitely gonna miss your cooking..."

Just then, an airport staff member standing at the boarding gate started to call out for any last passengers. 

"I gotta go," Ji Yong said quickly as he waved hurriedly to the airport staff member. "Take care, I'll see you soon."

"Okay," I replied as he removed his arms wrapped around mine and started fumbling for his passport. 

"And Chaerin?" His eyes met mine in frantic.

"Yeah?" I say breathlessly.

"I love you."

And just like that, he disappeared beyond the gates of S17.

 


 

{ Lee Chaerin's Diary }

[Entry: 15.10.16]

He left, he actually did. I can't believe I was holding him just 8 hours ago. 

It's okay. He promised that he will come back for me, didn't he?

 

 

[Entry: 24.12.16]

It's Christmas Eve. He promised that he'll send a letter, or anything just to let us know that he is safe. I checked the mailbox three times, but there was nothing from him. 

Is he alright? What is something happened to him?

Park couldn't have found him...could he?

Ahhh stop it, your scaring yourself. He is smart. He can take care of himself without being discovered, why are you even worried?

I wonder if it's cold in France though, hope he is wearing enough to keep him warm. 

 

 

 

[Entry: 26.02.17]

I'd wish for more than anything for him to be here on my birthday, but just like the exact opposite I hoped for, he isn't 

It's been four months since he left, and I miss him more than anything. 

I was cleaning up my dorm just a while and he left his sweater behind (what a ). I made the mistake of bringing it to my nose and taking a whiff because goddamn, it smells exactly like him. 

Gods, I miss him. 

 

[Entry: 30.02.17]

A miracle happened today; Daniel Choi woke up from his coma.

I was almost afraid that he would not recognise me, but when he saw me, he threw his arms around me in a huge hug.

I'm so glad that he made it, especially after the doctor said that the chances of him surviving is not high.

Everyone was super happy of course, especially Samantha. I think Samantha and I are good now, she's really not so bad after getting to know her. 

It was a miracle, but a miracle I wasn't able to share with him.

 

 

[Entry: 19.07.17]

I was looking down from my sixth-floor dorm window when my heart stopped. 

I thought I saw him, I actually thought I saw him walking in the night.

Me being me ran down in my fluffy bunny slippers, only to discover that it wasn't him.

I've been seeing bits of pieces of him everywhere. Everything reminds me of him, I hate this.

Just when will I be able to see him again?

 

[Entry: 18.08.17]

Happy Birthday dumb Kwon.

If you can read my mind telephatically just know I miss you very much.

How is he spending his birthday? It must be lonely to celebrate one's birthday alone, though...

 
 

[Entry: 28.09.17]

I did it, I graduated.

Saw some couples literally making out on campus in their graduation attire and I had to look away immediately, curse you Kwon Ji Yong. 

If he was here, he'd be graduating too. I bet my that he might even become the valedictorian, because of what a intelligent he is.

I wonder what is he actually doing, at this moment where I'm writing this. 

He can't be together with someone already, can he?

 

[Entry: 13.01.18]

2018 and he is still not back.

You can't actually go crazy from missing someone too much, right?

I'm not giving up on him, not ever.

 

[Entry: 17.03.18]

I just the result of my interview...and I got accepted into the job firm I applied to.

This is real right, I'm not dreaming?

I wanted to share the news so badly with him but guess what, I think I'll never get the chance to.

I'm losing hope, what if he really isn't coming back?

One down-side of working in that job firm is that it is a France-Korean job firm that required you to be both fluent in Korean and French, and speaking french just made me think of the person I wanted to forget.

 

 

[Entry: 04.10.18]

It's been about two years since he left and I've more or less accepted the fact that he is not coming back. 

It hurts, but I'm getting used to the hurt. 

Work has been extremely busy, but even that doesn't keep my mind distracted from missing him. 

This jerk. 

 


 

The year 2018. October 17th.

 

The clock ticked by wearily as the words swirled in my vision. I blinked. Once, twice. 

This won't do. 

Closing my laptop, I took off my spectacles and rubbed my eyes gently, trying to give my tired pupils a massage. 

Just then, my phone vibrated, the caller ID flashing 'Kal'.

"Hey Kal, what's up?"

"You sound like you've just spent about four hours sitting down on the chair, and staring at the computer. Also, you've probably downed two cups of coffee while working on the presentation tomorrow for your partnership thingy. I'm right, aren't I?"

"Yup," I droned, moving my cursor to edit a section of the presentation. "I'm going to be done soon though, probably in about an hour."

"Tut tut. Girl, you need a break. That's it, I'm coming over with burritos and beer, open the door for me in twenty minutes. See ya!"

She hung up, leaving me with a smile creeping up my face. Yup, that is Kal for you. She's pretty, intelligent and extremely level-headed in the best way possible. Just don't pronounce her name as 'kale' and you'll be all good. 

I returned to my laptop with a much more relaxed mind. Thank god for Kal. 

The main reason why am I stressing my out over this presentation, is because it was my first presentation as a representative of my company. That's right, I was handled the task of securing a partnership with our potential investment company. 

In short. I can't screw this up. 

I was finalising my script just as the doorbell rang. I sprang up, accidentally hitting my precious right toe on the foot of the table in the process.  Jeez. 

"You're fast." I greeted breathlessly as I finally made it to the door.

"I took thirty minutes, Chaerin." Kal stared at me with her classic 'I'm-so-goddamn-done-with-you' expression. "What happened to opening the door for me early?"

"Sorry lady boss, I got carried away." I apologised airily as I flopped down the squishy couch. 

Kal mirrored my action, letting out a huge sigh as she shut her eyes. "I love your couch. It's so soft."

I snuggled into it myself, enjoying the smell of cotton fabric it was made of. "Right?"

"Here's your order, I got you your usual." She handed me a warm burrito wrapped in foil.

I took a bite, the robust taste of every ingredient in the burrito teasing my tastebuds. "This is just what I needed, thank you my little delivery woman."

"You're buying food for me next time," Kal opened a can of Blue Moon. "I know we just spoke two days ago but, how are you? How things at work, and with your family?"

"Work is busy," I replied without thinking. "But you just reminded that I have not called my family since last Saturday. I should probably call them later on."

"Mmm, good idea. By the way, I tried searching for that guy you told me about."

I stopped chewing my burrito. "I thought you gave up months ago..."

"Well, it seemed like you really wanted to find him, so I decided to give it another shot."

"Well then, did you?" I leaned forward with genuine interest.

"Nope, sorry."

I flopped back down onto the couch lifelessly. "Nah, not your fault."

"You know I heard this saying that, if you two are really destined for each other, then no matter what happens, the both of you will always find you way back to one another. So don't worry, you'll see him someday." Kal encouraged, patting my on the shoulder.

I toyed with the frayed ends of my shirt. "Or maybe I guess we're just not destined for each other..."

Oh, how wrong I was. 


 

[A/N] 

I'm sorry. I really, truly, genuinely am. 

There was just too much going on in my life that I almost forgot about this fic at one point TT.

However, the storm is not over yet D: 

I've come to a realisation that the only way I will not miss my updates is that I set a deadline for it, which I did of course. 

So...here are the dates I will be uploading the remaining chapters:

Chapter 44 ----- October 7

Chapter 45 ----- October 14

Epilogue -------- October 21

 

Thank you to everyone reading this for supporting this fanfic <3 Owl always love you ;)

 

BEHIND THE SCENES

Daniel: I can't believe it. I actually cannot believe it.

Rest of the characters: (・・ ) ?

Daniel: I did not appear for this entire chapter, not to mention that I did not appear in the last chapter. What favouritism is this?!

Rest of the characters: ┐( ̄∀ ̄)┌

Chaerin: You actually did, though, Ji Yong and I went to visit you in the hospital.

Daniel: But I wasn't AWAKE! I was just lying there like some idiot in the hospital bed, whereas in this chapter I have woken up and deserve to speak!!!! -angry Daniel throws a fit- ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

Author: (( which is why I'm giving you a chance to speak now, Daniel )) ( ̄o ̄) zzZZ

Ji Yong: Hey, you.

Author -jumps- Y-yes? 

Ji Yong: Did you forget about us...AGAIN?! ٩(ఠ益ఠ)۶

Author: -backs away slowly...no I was just busy-

Ji Yong: DO YOU WANT US TO PUSH YOU INTO THE PIT OF DOOM AGAIN?

Author: ..・ヾ(。><)シ

 

And now it's time for some pictures that move in a repeated loop!

(( chaerin: you mean gifs right? ))

I mean, it's time for some gifs!! :DD

 

#Neverforget

 

( shameless adding some BTS gifs for those ARMYS who are just as crazy about them as I am lol )