Chapter 35

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hoot. 

Okay so get this.

I wrote and saved this chapter, but I didn't published it yet because I wasn't done writing. And when I opened my laptop a week after, it's gone.

1000+ WORDS JUST DISAPPEARED. 

I am so fudging pissed right now .\ /.

Okay okay *deep breaths*

I'll chill down before you could say 'YGentertainmentBigbang2NE1EpikhighAkdongmusicianLeehiPsyWinner'

...

HOOT ^-^!

Hey guys~~ So sorry for late update :) But we'll get over it, cause life goes on~ ^_^ #inspiration101

*bows repeatedly* ^^;

And uh sorry if I didn't inform you that I was overseas for the past two weeks.

Chapter dedicated to...no one actually. Because I can.

:D

E.N.J.O.Y~ <3

 

 

I had taken no more than three and a half foot into the lockers corridor when I was tackled, hard.

"CHAERINNIE~ How was your w-Oh my god."

Dara's slim arms that were wrapped tightly around me were suddenly removed. I glanced at her, making her cringe even more.

"Chae...ar-are you okay?" She asked timidly, as if I would lash out and rip out all her hair.

Her question made me confuse. Did I smeared breakfast on my cheek? Did I forgot to zip up my dress properly? Was I really that ugly?

Oh wait. I didn't even have breakfast, and I was wearing jeans. So conclusion, I'm ugly.

"Your eyes," She began, placing her hand on my cheek as she gazed at me with concern. "It's swollen. Like really really really really swollen."

Oh.

"Oh, uh. I...was watching that drama you told me about last night. It was really sad." I gave a weak smile, feeling the sore muscles around my eyes."

As expected, Dara bought my story of sobbing dramatically to a melodrama that got my eyes terribly swollen.

She whiped out a anti-bacteria face wipe. "Here these will help a bit." She said as she smoothered my entire face with it.

I let her smoother the floral-smelling wet wipe all over me face, well, because it makes her happy. And a happy Dara is always much happier to deal with.

"While we wait for Minzy to get here, let's talk about the drama-" Dara began excitedly.

"Sorry," I bgean a little too suddenly. "I, uh...have to go to physics early today, Mr Ahn wants to give me extra tutoring for failing the last test."

It was almost unnoticeable, but from the corner of my eye, I noticed how Dara's shoulder's dropped slightly and how the spark in her eyes went off.

"Oh..okay. See you later!" She waved energetically despite my attitude this morning towards her. Which sort of tripled my guilt.

I walked away from her hurriedly, because if I stayed any longer, I would have blurted out how I was actually crying about Amber, how brutal and persistent Park is, and how hopeless I feel.

Telling my friends about Park would mean that they would want to go and hunt him down wielding pitchforks, knowing my crazy friends. And them hunting him down would mean that Park would pin them as a target, which then means that their life would be as stake as well.

No, I couldn't risk that. Not ever.

Of course, I never failed physics, But lucky for me, Dara is not in my class to know that. I immediately saw the grey stairs leading to the school's roof and I booked it, before anyone I knew could see me.

Unsuprisingly, the metal doors to the roof was locked. Locked by what did you ask? By a freaking useless tiny lock.

Jeez, they taught us at this school to use common sense when solving problems. So big giant metal doors secured by a tiny iron that is almost the size of my palm is obviously 'common sense'. Very nice. Clap Clap. I snickered to myself.

My both hands went to the sides of my heads, and in no time I had two small but stiff bobby pins in my hands. Lock picking does come in handy when you need it. With a few clicks here and there, the tiny lock had been claimed by the merciless arms of the Angel of Lock Picking.

Harin taught me this trick. Yup, that's right. That adorable little knew how to pick a lock.

The doors did creaked quite loudly when I nudged it open, so I did a perimeter check to make sure no one had spotted me as I slipped in quietly.

Once I shut the big metal doors behind me, I whipped out my handphone and dialed Aimee. Due to the recent encounters of Park, Ji Yong and I had searched hard to find a place to let Aimee hide in safety. Only the three of us know its exact address and we had shushed the landlord up with a bit more money, in case Park decides to go looking.

Ji Yong and I called her everyday. Ji Yong in the evening, and I was supposed to call in the morning. It was a simple routine we made up to update each others on happenings and to make sure Aimee was alright.

She answered on the first ring. "Chaerin?"

"Hey. Anything over at your place?"

"Nope, not a peep in here." I heard her soft giggle. "How did you and Ji Yong even find this isolated place? It's so quiet it's scary."

"Are you scared of living alone?" I asked.

"Nah...I'm used to it already, kinda. It's just lonely at times."

I sighed. "I swear Mee once we get this bastard over and done with, you can move back here with us. And it'll be as soon as possible. I promise."

"Alright. Becareful though, he's vicious when he's provoked."

I grinned. "Don't worry, we got it."

We bade each other a brief goodbye and hung up. I glanced at the piece of Samsung product in my hands, I still had half an hour before class started. 

Feeling bored, I decided to do a rather risky thing. I sat on the edge of roof and dangled my feet over the ledge. My hands reached into my pockets and pulled out a lollipop that Harin had slipped in.

That silly adorable girl. I smiled as I popped the sugary treat into my mouth.

The fresh morning wind its fingers through my silky hair and tickled my cheeks. It was a pretty good feeling, so I let myself close my eyes and my thoughts to drift.

We still hadn't thought of a plan to catch him for good. This isn't good. We had to hunt him down before he finds out where Aimee lives, or worse, harm more people.

I thought of my family. Dad with the silly pizza jokes, Mum with the sweet endearing eyes and my Harin.

I swear if he lays a finger on any of them, I'm-

My phone shrilled, disrupting my little metal slaughtering session. It was Ji Yong.

"Where are you?" Was the first thing he said after I answered. Seriously? He didn't even give me a chance to say 'hello'.

"Hello to you too." I couldn't help the smile that crept to my lips.

"Uh hey Chaery," He sound almost embarrassed. "Where are you? I'll go find you before my class."

Really butterflies, go bother someone else, I don't need you flapping about in my stomach. 

"Rooftop."

"But it's locked." He said it with a 'duh' tone. "Don't think I'm stupid enough to believe you're at the rooftop."

"Yeah? If you don't know lock picking like I do, shut up and come here." I teased.

"......Oh." Ha, that's what you get for assuming. "Alright I'll be there in five."

He then added a big kissy sound at the end, which sounded stupid yet undeniably y at the same time. Thankfully he was not here in person, otherwise he could have told how tomatoes and I are related.

"Boo." His breath tickled my ear.

"Oh no, I got so scared I got a heart attack. Call the ambulance." I rolled my eyes but accepted his kiss.

One weekend, but yet I missed him so much that even his voice felt like tasting a bag of ecstasy, even his hand around my waist burned and how one kiss never seemed to be enough.

"Yeah? I'm the doctor, and I'm here to give you your treatment." He whispered before he closed in.

And I'm not gonna lie, but hell, he kisses really well.

"Treatment not enough." I felt my lips forming a small pout when he pulled away.

His left eyebrow quirked upwards. "Then do you want me to perform surgery on you?" He was so close that we are sharing the same breath. "Right now?"

Well fudge, that's a turn on. Before I could let myself do something I would regret, I smacked his chest, wincing slightly as my palm made contact with his chest that felt like titanium. What did he eat for breakfast? Oatmeal-Of-Steel?

He smirked when he noticed the light tinge of pink on my cheeks. He leaned in once more, pecking me on the forehead. 

"You are too damn cute for your own good." He said huskily. "Class is starting, let's go."

I followed him while sending daggers to his head, damn him for knowing the trick to make me blush.

 

 

*****************

 

I am in calculas, a class I would normally pay attention in but today, our teacher is absent, replaced by a old lady sub who sound almost drunk.

And since midterms are already over, there are nothing left to do except passing notes or daydreaming.

I happened to chose the latter, and was staring out of the green-edged window, thinking of malicious ways to stab Park in the place where it hurts the most.

In fact, when I do see him, that will be the first thing I do.

".....inform yourr classs ooff a carrnivalll." The sub droned on. But wait, was that a 'carnival' my ears had caught?

"Alll ooff youu haf to help wif wannnn section ate daa carrrrrniivalll...." I'm really not exaggerating, that's how she really speaks.

A form was passed around the class and when it came to me, most of the interesting booths were already full, leaving me with a boring drinks booth, a pie-throw booth, a kissing-booth, and mini-archery booth.

I wrinkled my nose at the first three but archery sounds pretty okay. I wrote down mini-archery for my first choice and drinks booth for my second. 

Since its now my third choice and I doubt that I would get it anyway, I cringed and wrote down kissing booth.

I mean it's my third choice, it's not like I would be assigned to it or anything.

 

 

************

 

"I got dunk-tank!" Minzy squealed happily. 

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure she wrote that because she wants Daesung to see her in a swimsuit. Laughing at her reaction, I proceeded to scan down the list.

"Aw man I got the stupid boring drinks booth." Dara groaned behind me, spotting her own name.

I was about to say something to her when I saw my slot. 

11~12:30: Kissing Booth.

"KISSING BOOTH?!" I shrieked. Kissing random strangers f0r an hour and thirty minutes seems like the very opposite of fun. I gritted my teeth. Even pie-throw sounds better than this.

Ugh, the joy.

Two days later, the carnival had kick-started at around 8 in the morning. I was actually enjoying the time, going to different booths and playing typical carnival games with Minzy and Dara. 

Suprisingly, Park had not taken the pleasure to disturb me or Ji Yong for the past few days. I was relieved, but also suspicious.

"YES! Ten points, ten points to Minzay!" Min exclaimed estactically as she gave Dara a high five. It was a pretty tough game, you know, that game where they had rows of canned bottled lined up and you had to shot down as many as you can with just 15 rubber bands?

We were standing about 5 meters away, yet Minzy managed to score a 10 out of 15. Huh, not bad. I congratulated her with a giant pat on the back.

"Well done!" Daesung shouted. Yeah, he is the one managing this booth. He gave a shy grin to Minzy and cleared his throat. "High score so far, and with ten points you can get almost all the plush toys displayed here, including the giant alligator and Hello Kitty."

Haha lies, the alligator and Hello Kitty plush toys had a '12 points' sticker on them. Oh well, the perks of having your friend's boyfriend managing a booth right?

The other plush toys had a range of '4 points' to '14 points'. In the middle of the entire display, sat a gigantic lollipop plush(almost as tall as us, I dare say) with the '15 points' sticker.

I wanted her to get the Hello Kitty for Aimee, but before I could tell her, she had pointed at the alligator plush with the biggest smile on her face.

Daesung handed her the alligator, and the suprising thing was that Minzy turned around and gave it to me.

"You can hug pompom if you get sad when watching that drama Dara said you were watching." My two friends gave me a hug.

"Guys I don't-"

"Just take it, c'mon we wanted you to have it." Both of them pleaded.

I really don't deserve friends like them.

"Thanks." I gave them a genuine smile. "And pompom?"

"I named it just when Daesung handed it over to me." 

I snorted. "Wow."

We continued going around the booths while laughing hysterically at the ridiculous names Minzy had came up to name all her plush toys.

We were getting some drinks at my second-choice booth when I caught sight of Daniel and Paul, having a shot at mini archery. Prom night's incident resurfaced and I had just almost gone over to ask him about it when Dara grabbed my hand and pulled me to another booth.

Minzy glanced at her watch. "My shift starts in ten minutes, I guess I better go change."

Both Dara and I smirked at her. "Have fun." We added meaningfully.

We then got a look at Taeyang's booth. He got lucky and was assigned to a cotton candy machine. Dang, I wish I could play around with fluffy sugary things too.

He smiled his Taeyang smile when he noticed the two of us walking over and pulled down his paper mask, to keep him from the smoke or something, I guess.

"What colour do you two ladies want?" He winked at Dara.

It was then I noticed that on the booth was pasted a 'Rainbow cotton candy: Ask for any colour for you cotton candy to be!'

"Pink!" Dara said almost immediately.

"Um black?" I asked.

Taeyang chuckled. "There's no black cotton candy, sorry to disappoint you. There's however, the six colours of the rainbow plus pink and white."

"Rainbows have seven colours." Dara reminded him with a playful hit on his shoulder.

"Well, blue and indigo is the same one in this case." He casually pinched Dara's cheek.

"I'll take purple." I grinned.

"Awesome."

Ji Yong's shift is right after mine and King Kwon(Hahaha sounds like King Kong) has been assigned to a booth no one would have imagined.

Fund-raising performance.

Yup, he was supposed to sit there with a guitar and play a song. He will only play another song if he received a donation of five dollars after each song.

After finishing my cotton candy, it was five minutes to 11. I bade a farewell to Dara(who's shift was at the very end of the carnival, poor thing) and walked as slowly as I could to the kissing booth section.

The guy in charge of the booth looked pretty relieved to see me. He was pretty good looking and had a huge line of girls lining just to kiss him, when they saw that it was a girl replacing him, all of them trudged away.

I sat down on the chair behind the booth. On the table, there was a jar with a few words written on it. 'Get a kiss for a dollar!'

So people would pay me for a kiss? Gee I feel like a e.

I sat there for five minutes with no one approaching me. My confidence was slowly declining when a small little kid approached me.

He stared up at me, clutching a dollar note in his hand. "Can I get a kiss?"

Inner girly-Chae immediately went awwwwwhh as I nodded. "Sure."

I took the dollar from him and placed it into a jar. Lifting the kid up, I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, pretty noona." He giggled and then ran away.

For the next hour or so, I mainly kissed jerks or nerds. I placed them all on the cheek, except for a few bold ones who asked me to peck them on the lips. It was pure hell, basically.

It was now a little after noon, with almost everyone heading for lunch, my booth is relatively empty. I was almost falling asleep when I heard someone placing a note on the table.

I looked up to see a smiling Ji Yong. "Hey." I greeted.

"Hey. What would twenty dollars get me?" He asked with a mischievious glint in his eyes.

It was then I noticed the note he placed down was a twenty-dollar note. "Twenty kisses." I answered truthfully.

"Sounds like a pretty good deal. Let's start with this." Without warning he pulled me forward to meet his lips.

He pulled away after a quick peck. "One."

Our lips met again and he pulled away a bit slower than the first time. "Two."

He was about to lean in again when Mrs Yoon, the teacher who assigned Ji Yong to perform to raise funds called out to us.

"Ji Yong, shouldn't you be practising for your shift later?" 

"Oops. Gotta run." He said before pecking me one more time and sprinting off. Leaving behind a very red Chaerin.

I went back to sit on the chair. My shift ends in five minutes and I was pretty sure no one would visit my booth by now so I placed my head on the table and shut my eyes.

It had been less than two minutes when a familiar voice interrupted.

"A kiss for me?" 

My head snapped up and it was exactly who I expected.

Gan Park Kim.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you guys heard Hi Suhyun's I'm different and GdxTaeyang's GOODBOY? *_________* Oh boy.

And without further ado I bring you, the behind the scenes~

 

Behind the scenes~

BIGBANG&2NE1 With youtube channels:

Taeyang: 'Ringa Linga Dance Practice With No Shirt On' By Bo$$xTaeTae

Gdragon: 'Rainbow hairdye review + How to be weird as ' By GDbubblegumhair069

Daesung: 'How to be awesome at Dance Dance revolution (I'm better than taeyang)' By DancingmaniaD-lite

TOP: 'The Grass Song (Composed by Mudankledoorknob)'

Seungri: 'Vlog: The day I pranked Mr Yang lmao' By xSeungriPandaSeungrix

Minzy: 'Fashion haul: Dancing kicks from Brazil WOOHOO' By GanstaMin123

Dara: 'Festive New Year Looks + CutieCosmetics Giveaway' By KawaiiGirlDaraxox

CL: 'Vlog: Telling Mr Yang about Seungri's Prank + [BONUS] Mr Yang telling Seungri off xD' By RilakkumaChaelin

Bom: 'Cornalogy EXPLAINED' By Foodismabae21

 

I laughed while writing TOP's.

Anyways, forgive me for not supplying you with gifs this time but please help me by filling in this poll below for your opinion ^^

 

 

LOTS OF LOVE AND GREEN POISONIOUS POTATOES!