Chapter 12

One Stop Closer to Paris

Heyyy ^^ 

This chapter is dedicated to Toirubira, Skydragon21 & Infiknight4ever for your sugar sweet comments on the last chapter;) your comments are my drug.

I HOPE that this chapter will be long...kekeke~ not making any promises alright;) 

Some witty author notes:.............

Nope, nothing:( Just stay tuned to the very ennnddd for my useless banter ^O^

Last but not least, ENJOY!

 

I think I've just found the Prince of late-with-excuses. Who else could it be? I thought sadly as I waited for Daniel. Being patient is not one of my brillant traits, I'm sorry.

All of a sudden, sharp clicking of heels could be heard down the corridor. My eyes widened at Samantha, who I've nearly forgotten. 

She is seriously pretty, even if I say so myself. Long, wavy bronze hair, high cheekbones, and a pure innocent face. I still don't get why all of these transforms the moment she lays her eyes on me.

"You are coming?" She snapped.

I nodded wordlessly. Just think of me as a person with little words to say will you? At my answer, she tossed her hair and proceeds to stand a full arm length away from me as if I am a virus.

After yet another five minutes, there was still no sign of Daniel. Feeling brave, I decided to approach Samantha. "Erm, did Daniel mentioned to you that he would be late?"

Samantha didn't even look my way as she stared into her compact mirror. "He always take his time, get use to it."

Finally, he strolled in a while later. And I do mean stroll when I say it, even grandma can run faster than that.

"Hey Daniel!" I beamed. Daniel looked at me for one second and ruffled my hair before turning to Samantha. 

"Where's Paul?" He asked.

"On his way." Samantha replied. 

"Can you drive home later? My car ran out of gas."

"Too bad, Paul is going to drive me home."

"WHAT?! Then how am I supposed to get home?" Daniel shrieked. 

Samantha shrugged. "You can ask mum to pick you up, or you can take the bus or the train. You don't have to ask me for anything."

Thats when Daniel finally turned to me and talked. "Chaerin do you have a car?" 

"Nope sorry." I shook my head.

"What? Why?" He made a disgusted face.

"M-my family just didn't wanted to get me one yet though." I replied. Daniel seemed pissed, and when he is pissed, it scares me. 

Daniel huffed and turned back to talking with Samantha. I was so close to tears. Doesn't he know how much I like him? I stare at him chatting ecstatically with Samantha and my heart felt torn. 

Paul finally decided to make his entrance then. "Sorry, I had to retake a test." He said, fanning himself. I stared at him. At least Paul still makes an effort to apologise. 

Samantha and Daniel turned to stare coldly at him for one second before returning to their conversations. 

"Hey guys, I'm sorry alright?" Paul apologized. I could even hear the sincerity in his voice. However, both of the Choi siblings still ignored him.

"It's okay." I smiled warmly at him. 

"Hey thanks," Paul turns to me. "You're Chaerin right?" 

"Yep," I saw Samantha glare at me from the corner of my eye. 

"Alright," Samantha snapped before Paul could reply. "Let's go."

But as soon as Samantha stepped out into the open, she yelped and hurriedly retreated. "What's wrong?" Paul asked, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"It's raining, you guys are not doing your skateboard flip today." She said coldly and walked away, making Paul run after her.

Daniel and I are now alone, staring at the little rain drops that is becoming bigger and bigger by the passing seconds.

"Why must it rain now," Daniel complained, staring at the bleak blue sky. "I've been wanting to do this all week." Unknowingly, I slipped my hand on his shoulder, causing him to stare at me.

"It's okay, there is still next week." I smiled. Daniel suddenly became intense as he brushed my hair away. We stared into each other's eyes for a a minute before Daniel swooped down and kissed me on my lips. I felt like I've been struck by lightning as he smiled, patted my head and walked away.

That's when it occured to me that that was our second kiss.

Since I don't want to go home in the rain, I made myself comfortable at our school's front porch by sitting down facing the rain and hugging my knees close to me. I felt my face heat up at the thought of that kiss. I guess Daniel really does have feelings for me after all.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice interrupted, nearly causing me to yelp out in suprise.

"J-Ji Yong?! Oh n-nothing I'm just waiting for the rain to stop before go home." I stuttered.

"You don't have an umbrella?" Ji Yong asked in concern, copying my posture as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I never thought that it would rain. What are you doing here?" 

Ji Yong shrugged. "Since we just moved here, my parents wanted to make sure I was okay so they are coming here to go home with me." 

"Oh, I see."

"Chaerin...I want to tell you something." Ji Yong said, his eyes serious.

"Yep?" 

Ji Yong opened his mouth, but before he could get another word in, an angelic female voice called. "Ji Yong!"

Both of us turned to see a gorgeous woman wearing the most beautiful coral dress, holding a milky white umbrella over her head as she waved at Ji Yong.

My mouth fell open. Her hair was strawberry blonde, exact same shade as Ji Yong. and her sharp, angled nose just about blew my socks off.

"Is that your mother?" I turned to Ji Yong to see that he was already waving to the woman.

"What? Yeah of course she is! Maman!" Ji Yong called, which is means 'mother' in French.

His mum wasted no time hurrying over. She embraced Ji Yong into a tight hug as she laid her head on her son's broad, strong shoulder. 

"Tu me manques." She mumurmed, which means 'I miss you.'.

Then she let go of Ji Yong and finally noticed me standing a few feets away, mouth open, catching flies. "Oh, hello!" She waved. "Are you Ji Yong friends?" She said in a special accent.

I bowed. "Yes Mrs Kwon." 

After seeing me bow, she quickly did the same. "Oh! I...forgot that in here...we need bow." She smiled sheepishly.

I smiled back. "That's alright."

Mrs Kwon turned and faced the black shiny car. "Ji Eun! Come out now!" I squinted, I don't see anyone in the car. But suddenly, a face appeared at the window of the car and the door opened, revealing a cute little girl. 

"Why maman?" Suprisingly, the girl has chocolate brown hair unlike her brother and mother. Her big, bright eyes stared at me curiosly.

"Ji Eun, your brother here!" Her mother scolded lightly as she place a hand behind her daughter's head and pointed at Ji Yong with another hand.

"Oppa!" The little girl shouted with so much cuteness that I thought my heart was going to burst. she ran to Ji Yong and wrapped her arms around his leg, burying her face in his thigh. "Oppa is this your school?"

Ji Yong bent down and carrassed her face. "Yes, and oppa has made many good friends here, like this unnie." He pointed to me and smiled.

Ji Eun turned to me. Suddenly, her face broke into the cutest smile I've ever seen. Breaking away from Ji Yong, she ran to me and hugged me.

"Ji Eun ah, why are you hugging Chaerin unnie?"Ji Yong stood up and walked towards us.

Ji Eun didn't release her arms around me as she replied. "I like this unnie, she looks like the fairy princess in my colouring book."

"Of course," Her mother suddenly said. I almost forgot her for a while. "This unnie very pretty." She winked at Ji Yong.

"Maman..." Ji Yong protested.

"I am kidding son! What is you name pretty girl?" She turned to me, beaming. 

"It's Lee Chaerin ma'm."

"Would you like to come our house to dinner?" she asked, putting a hand on Ji Yong. "I'm sure Ji Yong want you come."

"Yay! Fairy princess unnie please come!" Ji Eun squealed. 

Ji Yong's expression also turned eager as he awaits my answer. 

"Sorry, I have to go home." I apologised. "My mum is cooking too."

"Ohhh, that is okay! Some other time yes?" Her mother smiled, brushing her beautiful waves behind her ear.

"Sure. Sorry I think I have to go now." I bowed and waved. "It's nice meeting you Mrs Kwon and Ji Eun."

Ji Eun moaned. "Awww...unnie you are going home?"

Why.Is.Ji.Yong's.Sister.So.Freaking.Cute?!

I bent down and put my hand on her cheek. "I'll come next time, princess."

Ji Eun squealed and turned to her mother. "Maman unnie called me princess!"

Ji Yong winked at me. "Chaerin unnie really needs to go home, let's go home too shall we princess?"

Ji Eun giggled and wrap her arms around her brother. "Bye unnie!"

"Bye!" I waved back and watched as the family got into their and drove away. Still with a smile plastered on my face, I grabbed my luggage and made my way to the bus stop.

---------------------------------------

 

"Have a nice day!" I shouted at the driver as I hopped down the bus. Grinning as I recognized the familiar street of my town, I walked towards house number 99.

When I finally succeeded in dragging my luggage up the small steps, I am now face to face with our front door. Eagerly, I reached up my index finger and pressed on the doorbell.

I heard our television playing in the background, and when the doorbell echoed throughout the whole house, I heard mum gasp "She's here!"

In a flash, the door swung open and there stood mum, welcoming me with opened arms. Behind here stood dad, smiling at me with one arm around Harin.

"Mummy, daddy and Harin!" I couldn't help but squeal as I eagerly hugged each of them.

"Unnie, why aren't you home last week?!" Harin pretended to look angry as she wrapped her arms around my waist. "I had my dance recital and I wanted you to watch!" 

I squeezed her face. "Sorry, unnie had exams last week."

"It's been a rough two weeks is it Chae?" Mum suddenly appeared behind me with a tray of fruits.

"Yeah," I said with a smile. "It's good to be home."

 

 

I.AM.SOOOO.SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE GUYS >< Anyways what's your impression of Chaerin's family? I really liked writing that for some reason.

Ji Yong being a sweet Oppa...*dies*

OH and for those of you who don't know....(wait for it) CL KISSED GD ON THE CHEEK AT SOME MUSIC THING!!!!!!!!! IT WAS CAUGHT ON FANCAM!!! 

I just....can't even explain how HAPPY I am right now :')

 

Behind the scenes~

*Chaerin peeks out from curtain*

*Author no where to be found*

Chaerin: oh hi readers *shy wave* Where is your author nim?

Readers: *silence*

Author: BOOM! HERE I AMMM!

Chaerin: WAH! You scared me! Where have you been?

Author: was celebrating your kiss on GD's cheek obviously~

Chaerin: oh no I knew I should have held back even though his cheek is so irresistible.

Author: *stares*

Everyone: *stares*

Chaerin: oops.

 

LOTZ OF LURVE & SKYDRAGONNN!!