Chapter 1

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hey readers!:D Look, this is my second fanfic so if you hate or dislike anything, just vent on the comment section. Please give me your opinion on this one as it means a lot to me<3 I LOVE YOU GUYS. 

Here's chapter one~~

 

 
Do I like soccer that much? Not really. But the person I crazily love is up there playing for our school team.
 
Daniel. 
 
Of course, not that he had taken any notice of me. I was practically invisible whenever Daniel is concerned. 
 
But that doesn't stop me from going to his soccer match every single time. My eyes are practically glued to him. Although the players are wearing stuff that covers their entire face, I still recognize him. Of course, he has a number 21 on his back. 
 
"Next time I swear, I'm not coming with you anymore." Dara, my best friend threatened. 
 
"You don't like coming because Taeyang isn't here." I argued back.
 
"At least Taeyang doesn't waste his time playing in mud all the time." Dara challenged.
 
She was right. Taeyang is a genius. A whizz in computer graphics with cute eye smiles. 
 
"All he do is just study."
 
"No he doesn't. He plays tennis." 
 
I sighed in defeat. But my mood was quickly lifted when Daniel scored a goal. 
 
"Yes!" I gushed excitedly.
 
"She's blind." Minzy, my other best friend said in a bored voice. Soccer wasn't her favourite thing in the world either. "Totally blinded by infatuation." 
 
"I'm not infatuated." I snapped.
 
"Oh look! The match is finally over. Looks like we've won." Dara said, squinting at the score board.
 
Of course we've won. We always win whenever Daniel is playing. I thought to myself smugly.
 
I wanted to go to him and congratulate him for the win. But no, my nerves never dared to do such a thing. But when all the cheerleaders squealed and clawed at him, it makes me want to rip their heads out.
 
"Can we leave now?" Minzy said while hopping from one feet to another impatiently.
 
"But I..." I didn't want to leave so soon. What if Daniel actually talked to me later?
 
All of a sudden, Dara whispered something in Minzy's ears. Minzy's eyes widened crazily before nodding. Uh oh, something isn't right.
 
"One two three..." Dara counted. 
 
And before I could ask them what the heck were they doing, both of them screamed their lungs out. "DANIEL CHOI, CHAERIN LOVES YOU!" 
 
I swear I nearly DIED in embarrassment. I wanted to strangle both of them, who are laughing their heads off. 
 
To my upmost surprise, Daniel actually looked back, and give us a wink before turning back to his throng of supporters.
 
"Oh my...Daniel winked..." I said, dazed. Dara covered her ears. 
 
"Stop it Chaerin. I just don't understand why you like him so much."
 
"He's handsome." I muttered, eyes still locked to Daniel.
 
"He's handsome alright," Dara admitted. "But he didn't even talked to you, you're not friends or even acquaintances. What's wrong with you Chaerin?"
 
To be honest, I didn't know. I didn't know why my inner self is behaving in such a sickening way.
 
I didn't want to like Daniel, I truly didn't. He's rude, ignorant. He isn't a really good person, believe you me. 
 
But oh why, oh why do I like him so much? Is it his looks? Is it his popularity? I didn't know. 
 
The only classes we share together, is art and Korean. Watching him concentrate and draw stuff just makes me crazier.
 
"I seriously wonder what are you going to do on his birthday two weeks later." Minzy complained. 
 
"You just reminded her." Dara groaned.
 
"Nah she doesn't need to be reminded, he's always on her mind." 
 
I was boiling. They are making me look like some kind of obsessed freak.
 
"Hey, just stop it already. I'm not going to do anything I swear." I promised. 
 
"Oh...alright. By the way have you completed the science assignment?" Dara asked.
 
Glad for a change of topic, I continued to chat. The evening sun is turning a pale pink as we reached our dorms. 
 
Yeah that's right. We live in dorms. I live with Kang Jae Yi, a girl who is in the same homeroom class as Daniel. Class 2-A. 
 
My homeroom is 2-C. Two classes away from Daniel. I didn't really care, since we see each other in Art and Korean.
 
What is it like? I wonder when I was lying in bed. I turned sideways and buried my entire face in my squishy. What is it like to be popular and to have all the other guys chasing after you?
 
I am definitely not popular. Neither is Minzy. We are both down right bespectacled nerds. Minzy is pretty. But her spectacles just distract people from her cute little face too much.
 
Dara is smart, but not nerds like us. Her easy-going personality just immediately makes her one of the popular gang. Well, she would be popular if she wanted to be. But strangely, she stayed friends with us.
 
I let out a deep sigh. I have good grades, friends and a great family which I visit during weekends. Why can't I just have one more thing too? A lover wouldn't hurt that much right?
 
The next morning I got a great shock at school.
 
I got there early, since I l always wake up early for some reason, and was just going through my locker, waiting for Dara and Minzy. When suddenly, I caught sight of Daniel at the corner of my eye. 
 
I immediately tried to hide myself by shaking my hair loosely and letting it fall over my face. Please don't remember what happened yesterday. I prayed fervently as I continued to fumble through my locker with shaking hands.
 
"Hey," A voice said. 
 
Nope, not just a voice, Daniel's voice. 
 
My head was doing a roller coaster loop when I faced him. "Y-yes?" I stuttered. Not believing that he actually spoke to me.
 
Then he did the most shocking thing ever. He reached up his right hand and brushed my messy hair away. 
 
I swear I nearly melted.
 
"Chaerin isn't it?" He said. I was utterly shocked. What is Daniel Choi doing? Speaking with such politeness and courtesy that I nearly fell over. I nodded numbly.
 
"You're kinda cute." He smiled. And I nearly fainted. 
 
Sure sure, he does this to probably every single girl in school. But why would he smile at me? ME? After crushing on him for a year, he finally noticed it?
 
Or, is it because Dara and Minzy announced it to the whole wide world during his soccer match yesterday? My mind is going crazy.
 
I was still staring at him like an idiot. He chuckled, turned and waved. "Later in art." He said.
 
About five minutes after he was gone I suddenly noticed something weird. Everyone, and I mean everyone including the cleaner who was dipping his mop into the bucket of detergent, was staring their eyes out at me. Not one soul was distracted.
 
Not knowing what do to, I uncomfortably turned and faced my locker. But before I could even do anything, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 
 
"Hey hey!" A squeaky voice said.
 
I turned and was faced with a girl. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement as she looked at me from head to toe. 
 
"What's your name?" She asked happily.
 
"Chaerin." I replied politely.
 
"Oh, would you like to have lunch later together? I usually sit at table 3 but I'm okay with any table you and Daniel would like to sit at." She said cheerfully.
 
Wait what? Daniel and I?
 
"Uh, excuse me?" 
 
"Don't get me wrong or anything." She gave a high pitched giggle. "I just want to know more about Daniel." 
 
And when I gave her a confused look, she hastily added, "and you."
 
"But I don't sit with Daniel during lunch." They should know that seriously, since they are practically spying on him 24/7.
 
"Oh don't be stupid, of course he'll sit with you! I mean seriously, he even brushed out you hair, how lucky!" She shrilled.
 
"Exactly." Another girl behind her said.
 
Five seconds later, my locker area was crowded by girls. Begging on their knees to let them sit with Daniel and I during lunch. 
 
I was HELPLESS. I literally just stood there trying to get it into their heads that I don't sit with Daniel Choi when Dara and Minzy stomped through.
 
"Hey! Will you just leave my friend alone!" Dara shouted. Causing the group of girls to give her a dirty look before going away. Dara is actually pretty scary if she is pissed off. Minzy stood a little to the side, poor thing.
 
"Chaerin, what happened? Are you on a date with Daniel or what?" She rolled her eyes in sacarsm. 
 
"Chaerin are you okay? You're pale." Minzy asked, concerned.
 
I nodded again. "Daniel said that I was cute." I mumbled, merely audible.
 
"Daniel said that you were MUTE?" Dara shrieked. 
 
"Cute, not mute. Oh for goodness sake." I breathed. 
 
"Cute?" Dara eyes widened to the size of saucers when she heard what I said. "Why would he do that?" 
 
"Yeah? Why would he?" Minzy piped.
 
"I don't know." I said truthfully. "I was just standing there and he came over and said hi." I left out that part where he brushed out my messy hair because...well, I'm embarrassed.
 
Dara's eyes narrowed into silts. "He could be just playing around with you." 
 
Oh well, honestly deep down in my heart, I agree with Dara. 
 
But that doesn't stop my stomach from having butterflies as we started our way to homeroom.