Chapter 3

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hey guys ^^ please vote for my story will ya? Oh and thanks for the one vote, whoever gave me:D. So actually I didn't plan what Daniel is gonna do, but I did come up with something!^-^ E.N.J.O.Y~

 

 

"So you're in this class as well?!" I squeaked. Yep, as soon as I step foot into my Korean class, I see Ji Yong, madly waving at me.

"Looks like I am." He chirped. 

"Look, if you need any help in this subject, I'll always be here." I promised.

"Ha ha, you really think I do you?"

I felt my face heat up. "No, just offering help."

A silence soon barges it's way in.

"Chaerin." I heard Daniel call. 

"Yes?" I turned away from Ji yong, trying my best to sound 'cool'. 

"Can I change place with Gan Seo? I want to sit next to you."

I felt my stomach fire up. I struggled to keep myself from flying. 

"Sure. If Gan Seo is okay with it." I smiled.

A few minutes later, Gan Seo walks up to me. "Hey Chaerin."

"Hey, sorry for, you know, making you change place with Daniel."

"Oh that's alright, I get to sit with Melodie." She waves a hand. "Hey Chaerin, I need to ask you something."

"Yeah?"

"Does Daniel likes you?" She whispered.

But before I could answer, a voice interrupted. "Yes I do." 

My eyes went completely big and round. "Daniel...what?"

Daniel grins down at me.  "I do like you." He stands beside me and puts his arm around me. 

I nearly exploded. My face is even redder than tomatoes by this time that I had to shake my head to make my hair fall so that it will cover my face.

Gan Seo squealed and skipped off to tell the rest of the class. 

"You...like...ME?" I was near spazzing by this time.

"Yeah, why not? You're cute." 

I blushed. Gosh Chaerin, since when are you blushing?" 

"I'm not." I muttered. 

"Yes you are and no one can changed that. Now will you stop hiding away?"
 
Before I knew it, a hand was brushing my hair apart. I stared into Daniel's huge gray eyes and felt my mind spinning. The teacher arrived so we had to get back to our seats. But that's okay since we now seat next to each other.
 
During the whole lesson, Daniel would occasionally look at me as if he was observing some kind of weird animal. And when I caught his eye, he would smirk and turn back.
 
"Do you wanna hang out tomorrow?" Daniel suddenly whispered.
 
I think I was dazed for about four seconds before I realized what he had just suggested. A date! A real date with Daniel!
 
"Don't we have school?" I asked.
 
"No, tomorrow is Saturday. Are your brains okay?" Daniel laughed.
 
No, my brains aren't okay. They are like marshmallows right now. Squishing and floating around in my head.
 
"But wait...I need to return home tonight." I suddenly remembered.
 
"Chaerin, it's examination week, we are allowed to stay in our dorms for this weekend, remember?"
 
"Oh. Right." I said, feeling completely dumb. "Where are we going?" 
 
"I was thinking about you going to my race with me?" He smirks.
 
"Race?" I said. Feeling dumber than just now.
 
"Yeah. I race at the racing centre every weekend. Don't you know this?"
 
"No..." I said slowly. "You never spoke to me before. How was I supposed to know?" 
 
"Oh...well..." I could sense that he was lost of words. Does he thinks that I'm one of the crazily obsessed girls who stalk him and just know every single thing about him? 
 
"Anyway, I think after my race there's a practice session for beginners. You can try to race with me too."
 
I brightened up. "Really?"
 
"Yeah, have you tried anything like this before?" 
 
I shook my head. "Nope. Not really interested." 
 
Daniel laughed, which somehow makes him even more attractive than he already is. "Then Saturday will be a day of fun for you."
 
"It will." I never felt so happy in my life. Daniel asked me out!
 
"So I'll wait at the school gate for you, is eleven o'clock okay?"
 
"Yeah! Sure!" Anything was okay with me at that point of time.
 
Suddenly, I could feel all eyes trained on me. Mr Kang, our teacher is also staring at me.
 
"Miss Lee?" He says.
 
"Er yes?" I answer. Feeling a bit awkward.
 
"What do you think of this question?" 
 
I stayed silent. I had no idea what he is talking. Uh ho...I was never like that. I usually payed hundred percent attention to the teachers. Now, I'm in deep trouble.
 
Ji Yong's hand raised up suddenly, "May I help Chaerin to answer?" He says.
 
Mr Kang nodded. "Go ahead Ji Yong. I'm surprised at you Chaerin." 
 
I felt totally useless. But I silently say a 'thank you' to Ji Yong from saving me.
 
When our last period ended that day, me and Minzy leaned against our lockers, waiting for Dara. Strangely, there was no sign of her after ten minutes.
 
"She was never this late." Minzy sighed.
 
"Who knows?" I shrugged. "Maybe she got held back by a teacher or some sort."
 
"You know that guy, Ji Yong?" Minzy suddenly asked.
 
"Yeah why?"
 
"Nothing. I just want to know...a bit more of him. He is really nice."
 
"Of course he is." I agreed. "And he is in my Korean and Art class." 
 
Minzy's eyes grew bigger. "You are so lucky!"
 
Now it's my turn to be surprised. "Why? I don't like him." 
 
"Actually, I do. I like him."
 
What.
 
"Er...oh that's...Erm great! I hope he likes you back." Those words felt like paint out of my mouth. They weren't sincere, but why?
 
Minzy giggled. "I really love his hair."
 
Okay so now Minzy is using the L-word?
 
"It's...blonde. Really nice." 
 
Oh my god. Why am I feeling so weird? Minzy is my best friend forever. But why? Normally if she likes anyone I would say 'go for it' but why isn't Ji Yong the same? 
 
For the next ten minutes, Minzy asked me about Ji Yong. A lot. Is he good at Art. Is he okay with Korean. How does he draw. What colour does he likes. Really Minzy what's happening to you?
 
"And Chaerin," Minzy said after the 'n'th question, "Please don't tell Ji Yong about my feelings. I don't want him to know yet."
 
"Of course of course." I hastily promised. Too preoccupied by the word 'yet'. 
 
"I wonder what's Dara doing really." Minzy said, bringing us to reality.
 
After waiting for another half an hour, we gave up and returned to our dorms.
 
"Can I come to your dorm first? I feel lonely without Dara. Would Jae Yi mind?"
 
"She's not even in. But even if she is, she wouldn't mind."
 
"Oh, okay then."
 
You see, this is not fair. Minzy get to live in the same dorm as Dara just because they registered for it together. Why can't our school have a three-people dorm, instead of just two people?
 
"Which one is your bed? I still can't remember. Left one or the right one? It's the right one right?" Minzy said as soon as we entered my dorm.
 
"No, I sleep on the left one, just remember that it is closer to the window."
 
Minzy did a cute little leap onto my bed. "You are lucky to be able to share a dorm with Jae Yi. Do you know that Dara snores? I can't even sleep a wink."
 
I laughed. "Actually, I won't be able to sleep a wink tonight as well."
 
"Why?" Minzy asked, rolling herself in my blanket.
 
I bit my lip. "Because Daniel asked me out."
 
"WHAT?" Minzy nearly jumped a mile into air.
 
"Woah woah, down tiger," I giggled. "It's nothing really."
 
"It's not nothing when the hottest guy in our year asked you out! How did this happen?" Minzy prompted eargerly. 
 
"Well during our Korean class I was talking to Ji Yong and he called me over to ask if he could change seats with Gan Seo because he wanted to seat next to me." 
 
Minzy did a little gasp.
 
"Then during the lesson he suddenly asked me if I wanted to go see him race tomorrow?"
 
"Woah, so he races? That's so cool."
 
I started giggling again. I know.
 
And I also know, without a shadow of doubt, that I'm gonna like Daniel even more.
 
 
Hi Guys:) just wanna tell you that I'm on a semi-haitus mode right now because my Year end examinations are coming:D I promise that I'll update as soon as it ends. Love ya <3