Chapter 28

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hey owls~

And no, aljin0109, I'm not dead yet but nearly though :b

Next chapter might come out even later because life is getting busier and busier I swear I'm so suprised why I haven't dropped dead yet x.x

Chapter is dedicated to KWON JI YONG  (aka the man who doesn't wear tooth fairy costumes *winks)WHO'S BIRTHDAY JUST PASSED WOO! thanks for singing allll those songs which I have been listening to for years and years. Also, hwaiting to our dear bommie, who seems to be going through a hard time :(

Without further annoying talking (or typing) from me, let's go straight into the chapter :D Enjoy, my owls <3

 

 

 

"Why did you call me?"

Ji Yong, or should I say Mr I-just-showered-and-my-hair-is-sticking-all-over-the-place-but-I-know-its-cute is standing right outside my dorm.

Let's start from the beginning of the whole thing. 

Our stupid annoying teacher who claims that she is half French half Korean and who doesn't teach us a single ish aka Mrs Kazzan, has so casually told us that we have a French test tomorrow that accounts for a whooping forty percent of our grade this term today. 

Da heck? 

Which is why throughout the entire day, Minzy and I are literally on the verge on running to the Principal Office and reporting Mrs Kazzan while we furiously flipped through our huge stack of notes.

Talk about our anxiety level meter hitting the big red zone. 

Very unfortuantely for me, Jae Yi doesn't take French, which translates to...

I have no soul to turn to and tonight I am going to call my parents and tell them I love them and bury myself under the covers and die from drowning in self-pity. 

But why die, when there's someone who could provide a last-minute CPR and save my pathetic life?

Which is why exactly, in a moment of panic, I had snatched up the phone and dialed Ji Yong. And let's just say that when I'm panicking, I'm not exactly the most polite person on earth as I screamed "SAVE ME!" right after he picked up.

Whoops.

What I didn't expect was for him to turn up right at my doorstep five minutes later, looking super fresh and relaxed while moi, on the other hand, is panicking like crazy.

"Uh sorry... but I need a little help." I laughed sheepishly as I ran my fingers all over my hair, making a bird's nest out of it.

He shifted his glasses, wait hold the gaddamn up. Can someone give me a freakin' speaker so that I can announce it to the whole wide world that Kwon Ji Yong is actually wearing his spectacles?

Wow.

All the hundred exclamation marks popped and disappeared when I saw him staring like me as if I went mad. "Alright it's about that French test tomorrow." 

I began to bounce up and down as I grabbed his arm and pleaded. "And jesus she just informed us today! Will you please help me to revise please please please pleaseeeee!"

I stopped jumping when I saw a light smirk grace his lips. "Who said I wasn't here to help you?"

I froze in mid-jump. "Really?" 

He cleared his throat and awkwardly removed my hand on his arm. "Sure, but I want a reward." 

Hm pretty boy wants a deal, and that's an okay-ish thing with me.

I crossed my arms. "Fine, if I pass this test, I will grant you three wishes."

"Really? Any three?"

"Of course not anything incredulous like getting you a real-life unicorn or something like that."

He grabbed my arm. "That's seems pretty okay to waste my Wednesday night on, let's go revise piglet!".

What...did he just call me?

I glared at him. "And the condition is for you to get me to pass that test, okay?"

He saluted. "Yes piglet!"

I swear if I doesn't pass that test, he is getting no wishes plus a black eye.

 

Three hours, six cookies and four cups of coffee later~

I was hopping from one foot to the other, chatting a couple of French idioms as Ji Yong typed furiously on my laptop.

My elephant bedside clock told me that the time now is 11pm. Jae Yi is snoring on her bed so loudly that it makes me want to give up and jump on my bed. 

I tightened my grip on the dog-eared, post-it notes abused stack of paper, my vision was getting blurry as I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

I nearly had a heart attack when a stack of freshly printed papers were thrown at me.

Ji Yong stretched his arms, looking so worn out that it distracted me from his perfect looking arms.

Dang, I really have to stop checking him out.

"I came up with some possible questions that might come out for the test, read that before you go to sleep. I have to get going soon, anymore questions?"

Looking at the state that he is in, a wave of guilt washed over me.

"Actually no, you've helped me by a lot really. Sorry for making you so tired." I added under my breath.

"Maybe it's because I really want my three wishes?"  He gave a tired grin as he patted my head, making butterflies swarm all over. "Good luck, Chaerin." 

Conclusion of the day: Butterflies in your stomach never sleeps.

Maybe it's because of the fact that his glasses made him look good, or because I was so tired that I wasn't thinking straight, I daringly tip-toed and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks Ji, sweet dreams." I said casually, even though it feels like the butterflies in my stomach are now playing a fierce game of ping pong.

I don't know how to describe it, but Ji Yong looked so downright shocked when I kissed his cheek. But the strange thing is, he looked, well, kinda pleasently surprised. 

Or maybe I'm just that tired that I'm imagining things.

"C'mon, I'll tuck you to bed." He suggested suddenly.

I cocked an eyebrow up at his request. "Are you serious?"

"I just miss doing that for Ji Eun." He said hastily, scratching the back of his neck.

I rolled my eyes, but let him cover me with my blankets as I climbed bashfully onto my bed. 

This feels weird, like he was my...boyfriend or something.

"Do you want me to sing you to sleep?" He snickered.

"No, tell me a story." I smiled up at him as I snuggled comfortably. 

"Are you serious?" He asked the same question I asked a while a ago.

I continued to blink at him innocently, until he sighed in defeat. 

"Fine," He muttered. "Once a upon a time-"

I couldn't hold back my laughter, which is probably why he stopped when a squawk came out of me.

"Sorry mister story-teller, I'll quietly listen from now on." I mocked. 

"I am soooo looking forward to when I can have my three wishes." He glared at me and pinched my nose as a punishment.

"Once upon a time, there was a snuggly teddy bear called Ducky-"

"What?"

"Shut up and listen."

He began telling me a story about a teddy bear named Ducky, who found a pink star, Gagoo, who had fallen and couldn't get back up. Halfway through Ducky juggling eggs to make Gagoo happy again, I fell asleep and bought a one way ticket to dreamland.

"Good story..." Was the last words I mumbled before I went out like a light.

____________________________

Ji Yong's POV (sort of)

 

"Good story..." Chaerin mumbled as Ji Yong watched her fell dead asleep.

He chuckled at her, thinking of how she resembled Ji Eun when he told her bedtime stories. 

For a moment, Ji Yong stared at her, wondering if she knew how he felt all along. He thought at back at their first meeting and unconsiously smiled at the memory.

On his first day at this high schoool, he was walking frantically, afraid that he will be late for his first class when he felt something hit against his foot.

Looking down, his eyes widened in surprise when he saw a beautiful pen, with printings of the famous landmark of his home.

A special pen, was what that brought them together.

Ji Yong didn't remember when, maybe it was when she put on his spectacles on her face, or maybe it was during Korean class when he saw Daniel pulling her away, but somewhere along that time, he fell in love with her.

Sure, he thought that it was nothing at first, just a stupid infatuation. But when they accidentally kissed, he was certain that he saw stars.

Just like when someone threw a punch at his face three years ago.

Wham! Bam! Just like that, he's in love.

He bit his lip, staring at Chaerin's sleeping face. 

He needs to tell her, how he feels about her and also...

Who he really was.

What kind of danger would he put her in. 

He stood up, planted a gentle kiss on her forehead, and turned away.

_________________________

Chaerin's POV

 

"Chaerin, I need to tell you something."

"Chaerin, I need to tell you something."

I stared at the two text messages I just received from Dara and Minzy. Both sent exactly at 6:55am and both texts saying the exact same thing.

I wasn't joking when I said that they share the same brain fuction and same DNA.

After making a quick breakfast for Jae Yi (who is still freaking sleeping), I rushed out of my dorm and zoomed in lightning speed to the lockers.

Both of them shrieked when they saw me and grabbed both my arms, nearly pullling them out of their sockets. 

Not cool. What they are about to tell me better compensate for my poor arms.

"Chaerin! Guess whaaatttt~" Minzy sang.

I folded my arms and stared at the both of them. "I just rushed here without eating anything so could you just tell it straight to me and stop asking me to guess because you know I can't.

"Oh...sorry for making you come here without anything. Here, have my blueberry muffin." Dara said as she hastily stuffed a warm muffin into my mouth. "Anyways...er...Minzy and I got asked to prom."

And of course, me, the idiot who doesn't know whether to chew or speak, ended up choking until tears were in my eyes. 

"Re...REALLY?!" I spluttered as Minzy banged my back.

No prize for guessing who asked Dara, obviously. Hah.

"And I can't believe Dae Sung actually asked me like oh my gosh..." Minzy said breathlessly.

It's 10 more days to prom, and no one has asked me yet.

Not to mention -cough- I do actually have someone in mind that I want to ask me.

But all my inner girly giggles stopped when I caught sight of Ji Yong after Study Hall.

He looked, like a physical version of hell. 

Even though it is not as obvious, I could make out the light purple bruise on his left forearm, forehead and right cheek. His walk was weird, as though as he sprained something.

"Hey," My eyes as big as saucers as he faced me. "Are you...okay?"

Seriously did I just ask that? Because he is obviously not okay.

"I fell." He bit his slightly swollen lips.

I knew straight out he was lying, I mean who gets so many different injuries just from a fall?

He must have noticed me staring because he immediately looked the other way. "Really I swear, I tripped over a branch, then slammed into a tree and fell into a cave."

I slowly analyzed his injuries. I knew the tree one was another lie as well because firstly, our school does not have a single cave.

Guess who did not think of a fake story to tell about their injuries?

"You were involved in a fight." I said slowly as realisation came to me. "I've seen this injuries before."

He just stared at me with his mouth open, as no words of protest came out of his mouth.

Oh please no.

 

 

 

 

Can anyone of you guess what Ji's secret is? -wriggles eyebrows-

And please please please tell me that I'm not the only one who listened to Winner's album and fell hopelessly in love with it.

NAM TAEHYUN. ARGHHHHHH.

Oh by the way, I posted my one shot a week ago ;) Thanks for all the comments, votes and those 'wow' comments I got <3 you guys are amazing.

 

Behind da scenes (Bigbang's day off)

GD: Today was awesome~

Seungri: where did you go hyung? 

Seungri: And when are any of you guys coming back? I'm the only back at the dorm.

GD: went to the amusement park by myself #imsocool

Taeyang: That just means you're forever alone

Taeyang: Halfway home, picking up food for you guys.

GD: I DEMAND PORK BELLY AND ONION RINGS

TOP: guys 

TOP: I want to pee.

Taeyang: Then go LOL

TOP: I can't 

GD: why?

TOP: was on the building roof admiring stars when someone locked the doors to the roof

TOP: I really need to ing pee

Daesung: HAY GUYS!

Daesung: What hyung are you serious?

TOP: i'm dead serious like it's gonna come out now

Daesung: Just came through the building, I'll go get the keys and save you.

TOP: HURRY UP

Seungri: Hyung hang in there!!!

TOP: ...nevermind Dae no hurry now..

GD: PUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

TOP: shut up

 

-Just peed in my pants but no one cares cos I'm hotter than McSpicy with extra chili sauce-

Me: DAAYYYUM *faints*

-When Dae asked Min to prom night-

-When Min accepted Dae's request-

O-O.... uh...okay I think I left the tap running so...imma gonna go now..

 

THAT'S IT FOR THIS CHAP!

Comment 'Hoot hoot' for more bigbang (or winner) gifs oops. (can't deny those guys are damn *-*)

And please do go check out my newest one-shot Paper Skies(4444) I'm sure many of you guys would love it:3

I LOVE YOU GUYS. FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.

#owlsftw

LOTS OF LOVE AND SD <3