Chapter 17

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hey there ^^ AND MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL :DDD 

As a tiny Christmas present, this chapter will hold something that would make you guys happy :D

Hehehehe, and did you notice that I updated a day earlier?

This chapter is dedicated to Asianfanfics.com! Thanks for having such a wonderful website *throws kisses at the owner of the website*

Ho ho ho~ Look outside your window! Your bound to see santa and his wild reindeer flying over the sky ;)

Enough rattling, let's get on with the story now.

 

 

After my elephant alarm woke me up, I jumped out of bed and scurried to the bathroom.

I had to go back to school today.

Thanks to my stupid cast, it took twice the amount of time to take a shower and brush my teeth. I seriously can't wait for this week to be over.

"Chaerin ah, hurry up otherwise your breakfast will be cold!" I heard mum yelling up at me.

"Yes mum!" I shouted back as I tried to wiggle into my jeans without using my right hand. Which is pretty tough.

Breakfast was a rush. Since I couldn't use chopsticks with my left hand, I struggled to scope up cereal sodden with milk with a spoon with my right hand, while the rest of family ate kimbap.

"Goodbye mum, I'll see you this Friday!" I hastily said a goodbye as she planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Alright, be careful on the way there!" Mum smiled as she wrapped me into a hug, careful not to squish my right arm.

"Bye unnie!" Harin waved.

"Chaerin is leaving already?!" I heard my dad shout from above. 

"Yes dad! See you on Friday!" I shouted back.

As I boarded the bus, I gave the driver a small smile as I paid my fee. It will be a long hour ride to school.

This is the downside of a boarding school.

_____________________________

 

Argh...This is frustrating.

Ever since first class started everyone I knew started coming up to me and asking about the cast. I know it is good that they care about me but I'm sick and tired of repeating the same thing.

"Nothing I just fell off my horse." This simple reply doesn't seem to satisfy them.

Finally, it was time for Home Econs.

I bit my lip as I stood outside the door. I haven't seen Ji Yong for the whole morning.

I really hope he doesn't make a fuss of my cast, especially when-

"BOO!" 

"WUAHHH!" I recoiled to the right as something jumped out at me. "JI YONG?!"

"Yes its me." Ji Yong replied smugly as he straightened his shirt. "Did I succeeded in waking you up?"

"W-waking me up?! You nearly scared the living daylights out of me!"

"Wow so you really got your arm into a cast?" He mused as he leaned closer to examine it.

"Yeah..." I replied flatly. "Shall we go into class now?"

Since my right hand is not exactly in good condition, I'm only obliged to use my left hand to make French garlic bread with Ji Yong.

"Right, I've measured everything out for you, so now all you've got to do is to mix everything together while I prepare the garlic." Ji Yong instructed excitedly. He should be, since we are cooking something from his country.

"Got it." I sighed as I picked them up one by one and dumped them into the bowl. But when it came to whisking, it was trouble with capital T.

"Ji Yong-ah, can you please help me to steady the bowl? I only have one hand here."

Ji Yong tsk-tsked and came over. But it completely took me by suprise when he stood behind me and wrapped both his arm around me to help.

"Y-yah...what are you doing?" I stuttered.

"Helping." He said matter-of-factly.

"But you can stand at the side-"

"Don't want to be too near to the fire." He replied simply.

By the end of the lesson, we had finish our garlic bread and was allowed to eat it for lunch, which is five minutes away.

"Ohhh it smells so good~" I moaned as I began to jump up and down.

Ji Yong gave me an amused look. "Just hold on for five minutes."

Lunch was a happy affair as Taeyang joined us this time. The table was lively as we joked around and talked about our class. But one look at Taeyang would tell you that he is wondering where is Dara.

Suddenly, a moment caught my eye as I spotted Dara sitting alone. She is ignoring her plate of food and instead, staring at us across the cafeteria.

Taeyang noticed my lack of attention at what they were talking about and followed my gaze. His face was a mixture of shock and confusion. 

Dara saw us looking, and quickly turned away.

"What's wrong with Dara?" Taeyang asked me.

I sighed. "I was just about ask you the exact same question."

"Chaerin, Taeyang, you guys okay?" Ji Yong asked both of us.

I waved a hand. "Yeah, yeah."

"So Ji, are you and Minzy still lovey dovey?" Taeyang teased.

"Actually..." Minzy looked at Ji Yong. "We broke up." They said together.

I think my voice had burst every eardrum within five meter radius with the thundering "WHAT?!" That escaped my mouth.

"We re-thought our feelings and decided that maybe, we weren't meant for each other." Minzy said with an apologetic smile, giving me a look that said 'I'm sorry that I didn't tell you'.

I was still shaken. "W-wow, I didn't realised that it will be so fast." 

"Yeah, you guys were only together for a week." Taeyang chimed.

But seeing the smile on both Minzy's and Ji Yong's faces were enough to tell you that it was truly over between them. But however, they stayed friends.

After lunch, it was time for art.

Daniel gave me a warm smile when I took my seat beside him, which made my heart flutter to no end.

"Hey." He greeted. 

"Hey."

"So, I'm wondering if you wanted to come with us to watch us do the skateboard flip today?" He grinned.

"Sure." I smiled back.

Our teacher same in shortly and told us that we would be painting today, causing a small group of guys to erupt into cheers.

Daniel was acting all sweet, helping me to bring out the paints and paintbrushes, helping me tie the apron around me.

The teacher said that we could paint whatever we want as long as we can finish it within the lesson.

"So, what are you painting?" Daniel asked.

"A husky." I replied, carefully pouring a little bit of paint on my palette. 

"Why?"

"Because I like Huskies." I gave him a teasing smile. "What are you drawing?"

"A racing kart." He replied as he gave me a knowing smile. 

"Ahh yes, karting." I giggled. "That day was so much fun."

We started on our drawings then. But after a while, my carelessness resulted me in spilling a puddle of red paint all over my apron and hands.

"Ah damnit, I'll just go to the bathroom to wash this off." I informed him as I made my way to the bathroom with a my hands in front of me.

The paint quality was obviously so good because no matter how hard I rub my hands, the paint still won't come off. After fifteen minutes, I had finally removed majority of it but with some still lingering on my hands.

I stepped out of the bathroom and was just about to enter my classroom when a sobbing sound attracted my attention.

I followed the sound and it led me to the empty lockers area just outside the gym.

I carefully peeked and nearly fell over due to the shock.

The sorrowfully sobbing person was none other than...

Park Sandara.

 

 

*Hands out presents*

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY DEAR SUBS >//<

Ji Yong and Minzy broke up :o what would happen next?

Even though this chapter is not long, I hope you guys appreciated the early update!

I sincerely hope every single one of your wishes come true for Christmas! Merry Christmas & a happy 2014 next year!

 

Behind the scenes:

*Christmas music playing*

Ji Yong: *twirls in dressed in a tutu with a basket of fresh roses* 

Chaerin: *marches in with a nutcracker suit with a sword*

Minzy: *in the same costume as Chaerin*

*rest of the supporting cast at the back with green, red and white scarfs around their necks*

All: We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Ji Yong: *throws the roses one by one*

Ji Yong: Oh my gosh! I forgot that there are readers here! *tries to cover tutu skirt* ahh this is so embarrassing!

Author: *appears wearing a santa hat with a sack*

Author: Candy canes! *reaches into the sack and pulls out a candy came* giving out free candy canes!

Ji Yong: *shrieks* AWW FREE CANDY!! ME WANT ME WANT! *rushes up to author*

Author: *stares at Ji Yong up and down*

Author: Who is this crazy ballerina?

 

Hehehe:D so I hope you have enjoyed this chappie as much as I did! *munch on chaerin's candy canes*

 

Merry

Christmas!