Chapter 16

One Stop Closer to Paris

Imaginary pissed off readers/fans: 

"Yah author-nim!!!We have seven comments already HURRY UP UPDATE!"

"Why are you so SLOW author-nim?!"

"I want Ji Yong appearance author-nim!!!!!!"

"YAH!"

"Author-nim!"

"AUTHOR-NIMMMM!"

 

Author: STOPPP! *holds up hand* Stop stop stop! *Clears throat* Dear readears, I'm really really sorry for updating late T-T so so so sorry.

 

ANYWAY! As promised here is the llloooooooooooooonnnngggg chapter you've been waiting for oohh yes!

Since it is so long, it also took me quite long to write ^^; so excuse the grammar mistakes, if there is any~

On with the story now! ENJOY!:DDDD <3

 

 

 

 

"What? Did you just say...Park Sandara?!" I placed my right hand over my eyes to shield the sunlight as I squint up Minzy.

Minzy eyes were still glued to the audience stand as she replied. "I'm one zillion percent sure it is her."

I rolled my eyes. "Zillion...here hold Amber for me will you? I want to see it for myself."

"Just come up here, Amber won't move an inch."

"Fine," I dragged the 'e' part as I gave Amber one last pat and climbed up the slope.

I'm not kidding when I say that the audience stand is completely filled with people. My eyes scan the gigantic stand. 

"There! There! fourth row from the top on the left." Minzy pointed as I squinted into the sunlight.

"Oh my holy popcorns!!" Sure enough, Dara was there! There was no mistake that it was her, happily chatting animatedly with my parents.

"Who is that guy sitting beside your dad?"

"LEE MIN HO!" I shrieked. I had almost forgotten about him coming to the competition.

"Min Ho?! Are you kidding me?"

Yup, Minzy knows about Min Ho too.

"What are you girls doing? First race starts in twenty minutes and your here standing with Amber unattended!" Miss Kai scolded with a small frown. "Hurry up!"

"Yes Miss Kai." I apologised while Minzy hurriedly bowed. "We were...er...trying to spot our parents."

"Alright now that you have, please hurry up with what you are supposed to do, like grooming Amber for example! And by the way, good luck!"

"Thank you, come on Amber!" I said as I hastily dragged Amber away.

Thank goddess for Amber, she loves grooming time so she stays perfectly still while me and Minzy splash water over her and run a comb through her mane. By the time we are finished with her, Amber looks like she's about to hit the runway.

"Finally~ I think if I do this everyday, I'll have abs by the end of the week." Minzy panted as she wiped the gigantic sheen of sweat on her forehead.

The loud speaker above us crakled. "Testing...good morning everyone and welcome to Daffodils Stable. Today is the day for the Spring Horse Racing Competition! Starting in five minutes will be Class 121 with Bethany, Kim Mi Yeon, Lee Ha Rin and Bae Suzy."

I let out a loud gasp. "Harin is racing!"

"What class are you in?" Minzy asked while feeding Amber some sugar treats.

"127."

"Do they do it in order, or they jump randomly from class to class?"

"Randomly. So there is a chance that my class will be next."

"Do you know who is in your class?"

"Nope. Ahh I'm getting nervous."

"Let's go and watch Harin race!" Minzy suggested.

We were just in time. As soon as we reached the side of the starting line, a loud horn sounded, signalling the start of the race.

Guess who is in front like a shot? Yes! Our very own Lee Harin!

"Go Harin!" Minzy and I cheered.

And of course, after a few minutes, Harin broke through the finishing line like superman.

"Yes!" I gave Harin a fist bump as she rode past me with Maple.

The loud speaker spoke again. "Congratulations to Lee Ha Rin for winning the first race. And now, for the second race, we have class 125 with Lee Hi, Baek Seung Jo, Choi Gu Joon and Gan Yoon Lee."

"Actually I don't whether should I feel relieved or disappointed that my class didn't get called." I admitted to Minzy.

"Don't worry, class 127 is coming soon. I can feel it in my bones."

"Bones." I rolled my eyes again.

Seeing all the other horses racing about, Amber just could not stay still. 

"Stop moving, Amber. C'mon let's save up your energy for later okay?" I tried to get her to stay still by putting a hand on her head, but of course she pushed my hand away in a flash.

"Congratulations to Baek Seung Jo for winning the second race. Next up, we have class 127 with Park Shin Hae, Mong Ji Hyo, Yoo Hyun Jong and Lee Chaerin."

I think Amber really is a genius horse because she leaped up like a rocket after hearing my name.

"See! I told you I can feel it in my bones! Now go Chaerin!" Minzy squealed.

I was in mixed emotions. "Come on Amber, it's our time to shine girl." I tried to sound confident as I led a very excited Amber to the starting point.

"Hi Chaerin!" Mong Ji Hyo greeted me as I walked past her. "Good luck!"

Mong Ji Hyo just started riding a few months ago and I'm pretty close to her. Since she know that her chances of winning is so slim, she is counting on me to win this race.

"You too! Hey who knows, maybe you could win this race."

She batted a hand. "Nah that would be next to impossible. Still couldn't coordinate with my horse yet."

That is actually quite hard to believe because she is riding Oliver, the most gentle horse in the world.

"Contestants please line up along the starting line." A woman holding a clipboard shouted to the four of us.

I look to my left and spot Harin and Minzy waving to me. It's starting.

To my right stands a man holding a red flag. Suddenly, a loud horn blast and the flag drops. All four of our horses and us immedaitely took off in a shot.

I was suddenly in a panic, because I realized that I'm racing with last year's champion. Park Shin Hae.

"Crap." I cursed when Shin Hae took over me.

But I have to keep one hundred percent of my attention to the race itself, because our first obstacle is coming.

Three orange hurdles stood about two hundred meters away from us. I relax, because this is one of the easiest obstacles in the race. 

"Okay steady Amber." I muttered to my horse. But there's no need to instruct her anything because she is so familiar with the hurdles that she just leaped over them as if they were nothing.

I'm quite close to Shin Hae now, if nothing else goes wrong, I'm pretty sure Amber has the potential to take over him.

Second obstacle is looming ahead, a lake. This is also easy, unless your horse doesn't like water.

We ran through each obstacle one by one and by the time we've reached our sixth obstacle, Shin Hae and I are neck-to-neck.

The sixth obstacle, which is our last obstacle, is the most difficult one of all. Hula hoops. You and your horse have to successfully leap through a giant hoop.

"C'mon Amber we've trained for this long enough." I muttered, and in response, Amber grunted determinedly.

I held my breath as Amber prepared to leap. Thanks to our so many long trainings,we manage to survive this one as well.

"You rock Amber." I grinned as we approached the finish line. I turned to look to my side to see that I'm now faster than Shin Hae by 30 centermeters.

Good.

As the finish line came nearer and nearer, I suddenly felt a hard nudge from my right.

Everything happened so fast.

The nudge came so hard that I fell off Amber completely. My right arm came out instinctively to break my fall but the impact was so hard that I ended up twisting it.

A huge gasp sounded from the audience stand.

The last thing I knew before I out was Amber gently pushing my shoulder with her face.

 

_________________________

 

Everything was a blur.

I could hear people talking and moving me, but my eyes refuse to open no matter how hard I try.

I felt my body being placed on a soft bed. In fact, everything was soft.

I'm starting to hear more stuff. I ran my finger over the soft piece of blanket being placed over me.

My eyes slowly opens. The ceiling is white, or is it even a ceiling?

Am I in heaven?

"Chaerin?" I hear Minzy's voice.

"Min...Minzy where are you?" I croaked.

A hand was suddenly holding mine and Minzy's face finally came to view. "You're awake!"

"Chaerin?! My baby's awake?" Mum's voice sounded. 

I lifted my head to see her running towards to me with Harin. "Mum..."

"Thank goddess you're okay." Mum heaved a huge sign of relief while Harin gave me a sympathic look. "Do you feel any discomfort?"

"My head hurts."

"How's your arm?" 

"It hurts too."

"I'll get the nurse to bring some water over here." Mum glanced worriedly at her watch and then took off.

"Minzy, what the heck happened?" I frowned at her. 

Minzy literally growled. "That idiot, Park Shin Hae pushed you off Amber when you were just about to reach the finish line. Don't worry, we already lodged a complain."

Oh yeah, I was at the riding competition.

"What about Amber?"

"Amber is fine, although she got into a panic when you out."

I chuckled. "That's my Amber."

Minzy observed me for a while. "You seem better already."

"I feel better. Can I sit up now?"

After a while, the nurse brings a tray of food for me. After checking my condition, she confirmed that I could be discharged later this evening.

"Your arm will have to be in a cast though." The nurse said as she handed my mum a package of bandages and creams. 

"But it's my right hand!" I gasped. "How am I supposed to write?"

Minzy patted my shoulder. "I'll help you."

I silently say a thank you for having the best friend ever in the world.

That evening, I was discharged. Minzy went back to her own house, mum went to get some of my favourite fried chicken to cheer me up and Harin accompanied me home.

"Sorry, I never got to meet your Min Ho." I apologised.

Harin bit her lip. "No it's okay unnie, is your arm okay?"

"It hurts a little." I smiled. "Who got champion today?"

"Treyson Jung. He beat Park Shim Hae in the finals, totally cool~"

"Then what about you? You got into the finals too right? Since you won the race."

"Yeah I got fourth place." Harin shrugged as if it was nothing. 

I was super impressed. "Fourth?! Wow~ You're fantastic Harin ah. Last year I got fourth too."

"Thanks unnie."

For dinner, we just ate kimbap with the fried chicken that mum bought. 

"Unnie, do you need help?" Harin asked concernly as she watch me use my left hand to hold my chopsticks as I try to pick up a piece of chicken.

"Nope." I said as I try to sound calm. But inside, I was as frustrated as anything.

Without a word, Harin picked up a piece of chicken and held it in front of my face. "Eat it."

But I turned my mouth away. "I want to pick it up by myself ah Harin."

Harin chuckled. "Unnie will always be unnie, so determined and refusing anyone's help."

I grinned.

Finally, after fifteen minutes, I managed to clumsily pick up a piece of chicken and swoop it into my mouth. "Yes!" I cheered.

Harin sighed and shook her head. "This unnie..."

 

________________________________

 

The next day~

 

Ouch.

Sleeping last night, was the worse nightmare ever. Since my right arm is in a cast, I am forced to lie down flat without turning sideways. And when I fell asleep, I would automatically turn sideways which cause myself to yelp and wake up.

Argghhh.

What's more, today is homework day for me. And how the hell do you expect me to do homework?

I sat on my bed, half-crossing my arms and refusing to move.

A knock suddenly sounds at my door.

"Come in." I grumbled.

Harin enters swiftly with a cup of peppermint tea. "Unnie, you need help with your homework right?" She grins.

I grab Harin in a tight hug. "AHHHHH! Thank you so much ah Harin!"

"But you have to go get breakfast first." Harin giggle as she wriggle out of the hug.

Since mum have to go off to work although it is a Sunday(she's a lawyer), sweet sweet sweet Harin prepared breakfast for me.

Eggs, toast and bacon. My my Harin is a true genius.

When I was just about to eat, my phone rang.

Harin took off to my room in double quick speed. "I'll get it for you unnie!"

I couldn't help but smile.

"Unnie who is Ji Yong oppa?"

I froze for three seconds.

"Uhhh, he is a friend." I gabbled as I grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I said breathlessly as I felt my heartrate increase. What the hell is wrong with you Lee Chaerin? It's just Ji Yong.

"Chaerin ah are you okay?" His smooth voice rang out.

"Uh yes why are you asking?"

"Minzy told me about the little accident."

"I wouldn't call it little though, my right arm has to be in a cast for a week."

"Ahh...but then how are you gonna write?"

"Exactly. But Minzy said that she will help me with it."

"Ah that's good. Minzy help you write, and I'll help you to change your clothes."

"Shut up you ." I grinned

"Keke, what are you doing?"

"Eating breakfast."

"Breakfast?! It's already noon."

"Mind your own business." I said as I stuffed a piece of egg in my mouth. "I wath veray tired yesthasthay."

"Then I shall not disturb you then, bye Chaerin see ya tomorrow!"

"Bye bye~"

As soon as I hung up Harin was by my side. 

"Unnie, who is he?"

"I told you, a friend." I felt my cheeks heat up again.

"And why is he making your cheeks red?"

"Ahh stop it Harin."

Harin gave one last giggle. "Fine."

 

 

Okay. I know this isn't really long TT sorry.

AIII EMMM A PHAILERRR!! T-T 

 

Behind the scenes:

Ji Yong: Really authornim? REALLY?!

Author: What? You did appear okay?

Ji Yong: But...but..

Author: *puts a finger on his lips* Shush, you will appear legit and alive in the next chapter, don't worry.

Ji Yong: *sulks*

Chaerin: Authornim!

Author: *jumps* What?

Chaerin: WHY AM I ALWAYS GETTING INJURED? In ice cream sundae I got myself into an accident AND  fell off a balcony. Now this?! 

Author: Sorry Chaerin *sheepish smile*

Chaerin: *goes off crying into Ji Yong's arms* Wahhh! Oppa I think authornim secretly wants me dead!

Author: Omg what Chaerin please don't think that way! *Tries to snatch Chaerin back from Ji Yong*

Ji Yong: Don't touch my Chaerin! *pushes author onto the ground and stomps on author*

Author: Wahh! Everyone hates me TT

 

I tried my best ;-; I really did! Like for the competitors I couldn't think of good names so I used celebrity names ==; sorry

 

And I'm very disappointed that almost none of you followed my skydragon instagram account T-T please go follow okay? :3 Please please pleaseeeeeeee

Instagram: skydragon_kokkie

Twitter: lyn_mentos

 

Note: I will start other fanfics on my instagram account maybe next year and I won't post it here so...yeah please follow:3

As for twitter, you guys can follow to know what is going on hehe x)

 

LOTS OF LURVE AND SKYDRAGON! And potatoes and water and mud and air and bananas and corns and mushrooms and purple and lion and dogs and sun and santa claus and basket and candy and kimbap and trees and toilets :3

 

Oh...This chapter is dedicated to my soft toy penguin named pudding. Pudding says hi.