Chapter 4

One Stop Closer to Paris

Ok. I decided I'm not gonna use that bluish colour for my author's notes because it isn't really eye-catching so most people don't read it xD.

By the way, any of you guys have instagram? Haha, my username is: Lyn_mentos. x) follow me if you like random pics of my daily life (which I suppose none of you will be interested in? Hah!)

And I know you guys are frustrated that Minzy is in love with Ji Yong and Chaerin doesn't like Ji Yong...YET! Wait up will you? There's a saying which goes 'Good things come to those who wait'. Romance will be bubbling up soon.

Oh my god why am I even rattling so much. Enjoy this chapter!^-^

 

 

The stupid, cranky doll alarm rang noisily. "TANG-LANG-LANG!!!!"

Seriously, if it wasn't grandma who had given it to me, I'd have thrown it away the moment I laid my eyes on it.

"Chaerin...?What's up? It's examination week, we are not supposed to return home today remember?" Jae Yi rosed from her bed, looking pretty much like the ghost girl from The Ring.

I yawned noisly. "Sorry, I have to go somewhere today."

"Where?" Jae Yi asked, brushing out her bed hair.

"Daniel asked me to go to his race with him." I announced, feeling every pleasure atom in my body as I said this.

Jae Yi paused for a while. "Chaerin," she said, her voiced filled with concern. "Please don't chase Daniel."

I was so taken by surprise by what Jae Yi had just said that I forgot how to speak for two seconds.

"I'm...not chasing him Jae." 

Jae Yi ran her fingers through her hair. "Look, I know how much you like Daniel but really he isn't a good person."

"He is nice." I emphasized on each word as if I am pegging clothes on a washing line. "He always says 'Hi cutie' when he sees me."

"He says that to all the other girls, he even says it to me." Jae Yi said, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"But he said that he liked me in class. Everybody could hear what he said. Does he do that to every girl then?" Uh-oh...I could sense that it is going to turn into an argument."

"He hits on girls regularly. I'm warning you Chaerin, he will break you like a glass doll just like how he did with all his past girlfriends."

"I'm sorry Jae Yi, but I really don't think he will." I apologised. I walked over to my waredrobe. I didn't care if he hit on other girls before me. The biggest problem now, is what the heck am I gonna wear.

Since the best shirt I have with me is a pink-and-yellow dip dye shirt with the words 'California love', I decided to just go with it. I picked out a pair of diamond chocolate pants to match.

Just as I was leaving the door, Jae Yi came towards me.

"Forget what I said Chaerin, I should be happy that your crush asked you out. But just be careful alright? Don't let your heart fly too easily. Have fun today." She smiles.

Seriously, I thinks Minzy is right. Jae Yi is a really sweet person. She takes care of me as if I am her little sister.

"I won't forget what you said Jae Yi," I laugh. "Don't worry, I'm not that into him yet."

"Right," She grin widens. "I'm going out to get a few cartons of ice cream later on. What flavour would you like?"

"Cookies & Cream please!" I squeaked. She knows how much I love ice cream.

"Sure, I have to go now, have fun Chaerin!"

I suddenly remembered about Dara's little disappearing act when I already reached the school gate. I fished out my phone and dialed Minzy. 

"Hello?" She answered after the first ring. 

"Minzy, did Dara tell you where did she go when she came back yesterday?"

"Oh that's pretty strange actually." I leaned my ear closer to the speaker to hear Minzy's muffled voice. "She didn't come back yesterday."

"What? What do you mean that she didn't come back?"

"After I returned to my dorm it was already seven so I ate without her and all night long I waited for her to come back but she didn't, even after many repeated calls. I called her again this morning but she still had not come back. What should we do Chaerin?"

"I don't know." I said truthfully. "Let's just wait and if she still had not returned tonight then we'll report to the school."

"Oh okay sure. Hey aren't you on your date or something?"

"Um I am...waiting for Daniel to get here. He said to meet at the school gate at eleven."

"Well, it's already eleven fifteen. Good luck Chaerin!"

After hanging up the call, I waited for another ten minutes before Daniel showed up.

"Hi cutie." He grins lazily.

I looked at him. Does he really says it to all the other girls?

"Sorry, was a bit late because I have to submit a form."

I don't really call this a bit late. But since he apologised...then it's okay I think.

"How are we gonna get there?" I asked.

"By car, c'mon, let's go to the carpark."

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw his car. It's a gleaming white B&W, really really beautiful.

I opened the car door myself, and hopped in. The interior of the car is even better, cool, comfortable and classy. Wow.

"I love your car." I say.

"Me too," He smirks back.

My heartbeat started doing its little dance as we drove off. It's starting, our first date.

Daniel said nothing to me throughout the whole ride, disappointingly. I checked my phone occasionally. Feeling more and more awkward.

"Holy popcorns." I said as soon as the huge racing centre comes to my view. Then I mentally slapped myself for saying that. Stupid thing to say Chaerin! Just stupid, stupid!

"Pretty majastic isn't it?" Daniel says as he parks the car. 

Glad that he agrees with me, I nods. "It's amazing."

"It's even more amazing inside." He grins.

He seriously wasn't kidding when he said that it's more amazing inside. As soon as we enters, loud screeching of car tires can be heard. 

"That's the track." Daniel pointed to the right, where several cars were racing around.

"Are they always that fast?" I asked, hoping that it doesn't seem like a stupid question.

"That's the competition drivers. I'm a elite driver so we drive a little bit slower than them."

"Wow."

Anyway, he led us to a counter where he signed in and the woman told him what heat he is racing in.

"Heat 2. Gan Park Kim will be racing in there too, are you worried?" The woman asked.

"Oh no, not at all." Daniel said, his face calm. "There's nothing to be worried about."

"Who is Gan Park Kim?" I asked while we walked away from the counter.

"He is the son of the owner of this racing centre. Been racing since he was three and he just beats everyone when he races."

"Then aren't you scared?"

"Like I said, there is nothing to be afraid of. I've been trying to beat him for a long time anyways but I can't seem to do it." 

I kept quiet, not knowing how to respond.

"It's okay. If I get second prize, I'll get a coupon for that western restaurant over there. I'll treat you to it if I win second, alright?"

"Alright, thank you." I blushed. 

The loud speaker above us sounded. "Excuse me ladies and gentleman, Heat one of the race will be starting in five minutes time. Please be seated at the spectators area if you are interested to watch. Thank you for your cooperation."

"Look, I'm in heat 2 so I need to go and get ready now. You can go there and sit down first."

"No it's alright, I want to come with you." I said, hoping I don't sound too cling-ish.

Daniel went into a room where there are lockers everywhere. Most of the people inside looks like racers.

"Daniel Choi." Daniel said to a man standing next to a rack of racing suits. The man handed him a green suit and a key." 

"You'll be driving in cart number six."

As Daniel and I walked away, a stocky, brown haired guy suddenly came up to us.

"Yo Choi, racing in heat 2 too?"

"Yeah, see you there." Daniel said, quickly trying to pull me away.

"Oh of course you'll see me. Because I'll be right in front of you. HAHA." I'm definitely not lovin' what is this guy saying. Who the hell does he think he is anyway?

"And...look who we have here aye? A new girlfriend huh?" 

I turned bright red. I could even feel my cheeks burning. 

"She is not my girlfriend." Daniel said coolly, making my heart drop to its pit. "What's your problem?"

"What's my problem? Just saying that you have pretty good taste. This chick is pretty hot."

I clenched my fists. Do not punch him. I repeated in my mind as I tried to put as much venom as I could in my glare.

"Woah woah, down you little girl warrior. Why are you looking at me like that for? Geez Daniel, she's a keeper."

"Park Kim, can you come here for a minute please?" The man who is in charge of the suits and carts called him over.

OH. So he is the 'lengendary' Gan Park Kim! 

"Why are you scowling?" 

"Gan Park Kim huh?" I scoffed.

Daniel scowls too. "Yeah. He just can't stop showing off."

"Excuse me, heat 2 racers please get ready on the track." The loud speaker sounded again.

I went with him to the track where he got into his cart. Before he puts on his helmet, he grins over at me and give me a double thumbs-up.

"Good luck!" I called.

"Ready! Set...GO!" The racers Marshall's flag dropped as all the racers races past him in a flash.

And guess who is right in front? Gan Park Stupid Kim.

Daniel is really awesome. He chased Gan Park Kim all the way, but he wasn't fast enough to overtake him so he only got second.

"If Park Kim wasn't there you could've gotten champion." I complained as we studied the menu of the restaurant Daniel has gotten coupons from.

"But second prize is good too. I mean look at all these good food. I'm getting a seafood spaghetti with onion rings, what about you?"

"I'll have a beef lasagne with fries, thanks."

"Let's order a pizza too. My treat." He winks at me as he got up to order.

While he was at the counter ordering, I sat there, blissfully enjoying our first date so far. Jae Yi's words popped into my mind again but I quickly brushed it away. 

Daniel came back with a few number cards and two sodas. 

"They'll call our number once our food is ready. I got you a coke."

"Thanks. Oh, I remember you saying something about a beginners session which I can race in too?"

"Yeah, it isn't until 3. We still have two hours left."

"I see."

A waiter called our number and Daniel went to get the food. 

"Oh." I smacked my lips. "It's delish." 

"Glad you like it." He smiles.

"So...I hope I'm not interrupting a sweet date but I just want to apologize to my dear friend." A voice interrupted from behind.

I turned, and saw Park Kim grinning and strollin towards our table. That little .

"Sorry Choi, I guess you just can't beat me after all." He leaned over and stole a fry from my plate.

I took a deep breath. Looks like its time to stand up for Daniel.

"Do you even have any manners?" I spat. Daniel casted me a surprised look.

"I'm sorry sweetie what did you just say?"

"Don't call me that you little rude ."

"Little rude ? Daniel your girlfriend is really interesting."

"WHATEVER! But someday....someday Daniel will beat you! Yeah, I believe he will. So just step back, enjoy all the glory you have because soon you won't have anymore to enjoy. Goodbye!" I snapped.

Park Kim took one last look at me, smirked and then left.

"Wow you really showed him Chaerin." Daniel said admiringly.

I turned pink. "Nah...I just can't stand people like this."

"Thanks for standing up to me although you're not my girlfriend." He smiles and oh gosh the disappointment. "There's one last piece of pizza left, do you want it?"

"Yes I do, so hands off." I grinned, Daniel laughed and reached over and petted my head.

I nearly died on the spot. Daniel saw the sparkle in my eyes and his grinned widened.

I don't really care that I'm not his girlfriend yet. I don't really care about anything as long as we can spend time together.

 

 

Okay I really hated writing that alright? Seriously I prefer writing Skydragon than to write this. And I know that I said that I'll write after my exams but I just can't resist another update xD kekeke. 

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND ENJOY! <3