Chapter 40

One Stop Closer to Paris

Let's play a game called: How many chapters can I write to make up for the weeks I've not updated. Jk I'll probably lose. 

Schools has been h-e-c-t-i-c as ughhhhh

Anyways, really sorry for the super-late and super-overdue and supe action packed chapter. I hope all of you are still here.

Also, please don't kill me but I've changed my decision. This story will not have a sequel. BUT THERE WILL BE AN EPILOUGUE SO DON'T MURDER ME YET. This story has about 4 or 5 more chapters before I finally draw an end to it!

Chapter dedicated to Alan Rickman, my fav childhood actor :'( may you rest in peace. 

Enjoy !!

 

 

 

Just as Daniel and I snuck closer to the mansion, a defending thunder sounded from the sky above as huge raindrops fell.

The both of us were soaked in no time.

Not wanting the rain to put on extra weight on our bodies, we hurriedly approached the back wall of the mansion. There were two guys on guard, who lucky for us, are not very observant and are focusing their attention on the newly falling raindrops.

Daniel instructed me to stay hidden behind the tree and told me to watch him. He went confidently straight up to one of them and lashed out with a kick to the knee and a fist to the skull. Before the second guy even had a chance to process what was going on, Daniel had pounced on him. In just seconds, those two were out like a light.

I ran over quietly as Daniel injected the tranquilizers into their arms. Removing their guns, he tossed one of them over to me. “Remember, never shoot anyone unless you absolutely have to. These tranquilizers can knock them out for almost an hour, so we’re save here.”

Next, we split up. Daniel went to the right while I went to the left side of the mansion. Using the same method Daniel taught me, I knocked these two men out in no time. We both met at the front door of the mansion and finished putting all of the guards to sleep.

Sneaking the key from one of the guard’s pocket, we unlocked the door and entered the hallway. There were no guards on the first floor.

I’m thankful for the thunderstorm now because the noisier it is, the easier for Daniel and I to hide the sound of our footsteps.

The moment we set foot on the second floor, however, was when chaos erupted. It was a bad moment as one of the doors suddenly opened and tons of tattooed men and women walked out.

It looked as if they were having a meeting of some sort in the room and are walking out to take a break when they…well, stumbled upon us.

Realizing that something was off, about seven of them immediately closed in on Daniel while the other five turned towards me. They were large and menacing and for a moment I almost felt scared until I realized they weren’t armed with weapons.

I can fight them…for Ji Yong, I have to.

In a flash, I bent down low and grabbed a girl’s legs, tugging at it harshly so that she would fall down. I dodged a right hook from a white spiky haired guy and slammed my tough leather boots into his chest, hearing the satisfying sound of his ribs cracking.

Someone tried to grab my neck from the back but I twisted out of his grasp by smashing my elbow to his gut and hitting his skull, knocking him out. The girl who fell initially snarled at me angrily before throwing a left hook, one that was too fast for me to dodge.

 

For a while, I felt as if someone knocked the wind out of me. My nose was throbbing painfully, but I recovered fast enough due to it being a girl punch that was much weaker than a guy’s. I lashed back at her, slamming my knee onto her collar bone and once again knocking her out with the fist-to-the-skull method.

Damn, what an effective method. Why hadn’t I learnt this before?

Something hit my foot and I fell to the ground instantly, scarping my knee in the process. I glared at the guy who tripped me and lunged forward, punching him in the chin. As I watched him grimace, another girl with purple highlights tried to jab her freakishly long nails into my eyes but missed, hitting my cheek instead. I grabbed her hand and twisted it, hearing her squeal in pain.

After knocking the both of them on the skull with my boots to make them lose their consciousness, I jabbed a needle in each of the five who attacked me and injected the tranquilizers. Strangely enough, the other seven who attacked Daniel are all lying on the floor unconscious while Daniel is nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, a pang of fear hit me as Daniel’s absence sunk in. Where in the donuts is he?

I shouldn’t have let my guard down because just then, darkness engulfed my vision as I felt a bag being pulled over my head.

With reflex, I immediately swung my elbow backwards and hit what I think was the guy’s ribs. But someone else pressed a cloth soaked with some kind of chemical to my face and I felt myself feeling weaker and weaker, no matter how my body tried to fight back.

Oh .

 

____________________

 

“BANG!”

I jerked awake, my eyes darting around the room frantically. My vision is so blurry that I couldn’t seem to make out anything in the room except for a few tall shadows.

I tried to brush my damp hair out of my face but when I tried to move my hands; they are restrained, tied in a dead knot to the chair that I’m sitting on.

Gradually, my vision came back to me as I took in the room I am in. Dark blue wallpaper adorned the walls and there were two mahogany doors, one to my front and one to my right.

But the thing, or rather person, who caught my attention, was sitting right in front of me.

 

Park.

“It’s good that you were all fast to tie her to the chair then,” Park snickered to one of the guys standing behind him. “If we had been a few seconds slower, she would have woken up.”

The muscled guy looked almost too wimpy and nervous for his size. He squeaked out a weak laugh, wiping the cold sweat on his forehead. “Sorry, we’ll make sure to be extra quick next time.”

“Oh but there won’t be a next time, since we are going to end your life right now.” His vision is now directed at me, smirking as if he just won the world cup or something.

My eyes darted around the room discreetly. Still no sign of Daniel.

“Alright gentlemen, I know you all didn’t lure me here to kill me. So, what do you want me to handover? Money? A kidney? Although that won’t be good as my doctor told me I have really bad kidneys.” I blabbed, trying to distract all of them for as long as possible.

Park played with the little pocket knife he had in his hand, the shiny silver glistening in the faint light streaming through the windows.

I’m gonna count to three. One, two, three. Daniel Choi, appear in front of me right now.

Park walked forward, a menacing snarl on his face. Panic rose in my stomach as he pressed the cool silver tip of the knife onto my neck.

“Who gave you the permission to speak?” He whispered, digging the knife into my neck just a little to cause me immense pain.

I bit my lip, refusing to give him to satisfaction of hearing me scream.

“Well,” The knife was removed from my neck and I could feel a trickle of blood running down. “Tell me where is Aimee.”

I feigned confusion. “Aimee? Aimee Mann? Do you mean the singer or your ex-girlfriend who won’t ever like you back?”

I expected the man in front of me to stab the knife into my arm, or to at least lash out and slap me. But no, Park remained silent, a devilish smirk dancing around his lips.

“Seungri has a gun.” He spoke, voice in a deadly whisper. “You better comply with what we want before we shot you, just like how we shot your pathetic girlfriend-stealing boyfriend.”

To say that my heart stopped would be an understatement.

I could feel my blood instantly running cold. My breathing stopped, and my throat felt dry.

They didn’t.

As if reading my mind, Park’s smirk grew even bigger. “Yeah that’s right, we killed him. Kwon Ji Yong. The loud gunshot that woke you up explained it all.”

The air felt too thick to breathe and my fingers started to tremble. My eyes felt sore as tears threatened to fall.

Don’t cry.

With as much self-control I had left over, I forced myself to not shut-down. I swallowed back my tears and tried to not think of Ji Yong’s smile.

“I’ll count to three, princess. If you still don’t give us an answer then, prepare to join your boyfriend.”

That’s my plan.

“Go ahead.” I nearly mumbled. “Aimee doesn’t ing deserve you anyway.”

“One strike Chaerin. Now tell me.” Park breathed, almost sounding like he is trying to hide his anger.

I glared at him. Putting as much hatred and venom I could into his eyes. His eyes, those black, repulsive pupils swimming with the thirst for power and the sufferance of others. The same pair of eyes who saw the last of Amber, and maybe even the last of Ji Yong.

Hopefully after he kills me, the police will somehow track him down.

I don’t want to die for nothing.

I glared at him even harder, silently egging him on to order Seungri to shoot me. Shoot me; shoot me you ers shoot me.

My chest tightens as Ji Yong suddenly popped into my mind. Was he also tied up in a chair like me? Did they also count to three before finally aiming the gun at him temple, ending his life?

“Two strikes baby girl, are you sure you don’t want to give up?” His voice was almost seething with anger, which made me felt a bit better.

“Yeah. I said so the first time that I won’t tell you. Do you not understand English 0r are you just stupid?” I spat, watching his face contort and turn red.

This is it, my three strikes are up.

I sighed happily. I’m joining you soon, Ji Yong.

“HOW DARE YOU?!” Park roared, causing a huge number of his guards to spring to their feet.

This is great; all the more he is going to shoot me now.

I closed my eyes.

I love you, Kwon Ji Yong.

“Three strikes Gan Park Kim, now let the girl go.”

What in the world?

My head snapped up as I stared right at Seungri aiming the gun that Park was originally holding to his head.

Seungri’s eyes met mine.

 

“Seungri is not a bad guy, he never was.” Those were the exact words Ji Yong told me when we first met him.

Park was visibly stunned. “What hell are you doing, tracker?” He hissed.

“Did I stutter, Gan? You don’t how long I’ve enduring you and your filthy ways. Treating me like your servant every day; oh tracker do this! Tracker, do that! Each day I can only think of how stupid I was to not run away from you like how Ji Yong did.

“What nonsense are you-”

Seungri jabbed the gun into his temple. “Who gave you the permission to speak?” He whispered, repeating the words Park said to me just a few minutes ago. “You had no ing right to ruin other people’s lives. Yours might be ed up but I don’t care, I’m done. I’m done working for you, and I’m done listening to your pathetic orders.”

Before Park could respond, the door to my right burst open, revealing 8 people that I was so happy to see that I could have cried.

Seungri’s six taekwondo mates stood on both the right and the left. I could see Alice’s eyes searching for me, her face finally splitting into a grin when she found me. Raven was looking fierce and determined with an equally scary looking Flynn right by his side. Mint and Trez both looked as if they were worried and sick and Jackson just about looked downright murderous.

Towards the middle stood Daniel, looking worn like he just ran five miles but the fire is still lit in his eyes.

And right in the middle; the very person I could have died for.

There was a swollen bump on his head and his previously plump lips are bleeding. His knuckles are bruised along with a small gash on the side of his forehead.

Ji Yong looked like he had freaking went through World War II, but he is still standing. His fist were rolled up into a fist, ready to take on anything. His eyes screamed determination and the thirst for Park.

And it’s all for me.

“Well, looks like we are a few minutes late to the party.” Flynn drawled before charging forward and slamming his fist into a nearby guard’s face.

Instantly, the room developed an uncanny resemblance to the Hunger Game’s bloodbath scene.

I was so worried at first that they are heavily outnumbered but now that they are actually fighting, I wondered why did I even bothered worrying in the first place.

Trez who looked like a worried mother hen just a minute ago, is fighting viciously. Using his strength as an advantage to the smaller guards, he is literally throwing them around the room.

Raven and Alice were working together as a pair, distracting guards and then bringing them to the ground with their awesome teamwork.

Mint was making use of her flexibility as an advantage, going down low and twisting her body in all directions to avoid the hits and blows. She’s nimble and quick, making several guards unconscious when they least expected it.

Flynn was in full combat mode. I would actually say that he is the best out of all, putting his taekwondo techniques into use and fighting five guards at the same time. I even recognize some moves I learned long ago as a kid.

And Jackson, oh my god Jackson. The quiet guy I met at their house is now standing in the middle of the room, shooting nerve tranquilizers at every guard he can manage to see. He looks absolutely deadly, shooting left and right and not missing a single one.

Suddenly, I felt someone grabbing my chair and flinging me backwards. The back of my chair along with my spine hit the wall painfully, causing me to grimace in pain. I glanced up and my eyes met a pair of tattooed twins with lip rings and a victorious grin.

One of the guys stepped forward, preparing to hit me. I caught a glimpse of Ji Yong at the back and suddenly knew what I had to do.

I pushed myself against the wall, lunging myself forward to slam my boots into the guy’s abdomen. He tumbled and attempted to turn towards his twin brother, but ended up hitting him instead.

Ji Yong had a stick in his hand, which he attacked the twins with, bringing both of them to the ground immediately.

He came to me immediately, his footsteps quick and frantic. He kept his eyes on mine the whole time he approached me and reached behind me, cutting open my rope with a god-knows-where-he-got-that-from dagger.

The ropes restricting my hands fell and I jumped up immediately, wrapping my arms around him.

He’s real. That was the first thought that came to my mind.

“Chaerin,” His smooth, velvety voice which I thought I’d never get to hear again sounded right at my ears. “Baby are you alright?”

It was my turn to glare at him. “Am I alright? What do you freaking mean am I alright?! What about you, you looked like you’ve been hit by a bus and a truck!”

Ji Yong didn’t have the time to reply before someone punched him in the back. My mouth fell open as he tumbled on me suddenly, almost making me lose my balance. Both of us turned around to look at the brown cropped hair guy who punched him with a murderous glare.

“Looks like I got hit by a fist too.” Ji Yong mumbled before the both of them started to fight each other viciously. I tried to join in but the guy was already on the ground.

Damn, it’s been a while since I saw my boyfriend fight.

Suddenly, some kind of alarm blared throughout the entire mansion, causing confused shouts all over. My brain ticked slowly. Just as I was about to figure out what to do, Raven grabbed my shoulder.

“The third floor of the mansion is on fire! Ji Yong, get her out of here! We’ll take care of the rest!” He roared over the chaos.

With just a simple nod of his head, Ji Yong grabbed my shoulder and started running.

“But wait!” I cried as I looked back, watching the ceiling above the room I was previously in collapsing. “What about the rest of them?”

“They’ll come for us, I promise! But we have to get out of here first, okay?” Ji Yong sounded almost desperate.

I looked at him and knew that there was no way I’m gonna risk his death again.

“Okay, let’s get the hell out of here.”

He grabbed my hand and the both of us ran down the stairs along with a few other of Park’s guard who saved themselves before their leader.

Just as we were about to get out of the front door, someone knocked us sideways, landing us beside a pile of wood drenched in gasoline.

The culprit who started the fire was one of Park’s men no doubt. He stared at us, shocked that he knocked into us before quickly lighting a match and flinging it into the enormous pile of wood.

Instantly, the wild flame was all over the first floor. The fire was a like a monster, the walls and even the stairs.

We could have been trapped in the fire if Ji Yong had not pulled me out just seconds before.

Both of us fell on the grass dampened by the rain earlier, along with some disloyal guards who ran away and disappeared into the woods behind the mansion.

Seungri and his taekwondo friends appeared seconds later, supporting a heavily injured Flynn who managed to throw me a weak grin.

“Are you both okay?” Seungri questioned us anxiously.

Ji Yong grabbed him by the shoulder and hugged him tight, muttering words of thanks so fast that I couldn’t even comprehend.

Alice and Mint were quick to envelope me in one of their bear hugs, ruffling my hair and saying that everything is going to be fine.

I sighed in relief. Everyone is safe.

 

No.

Wait.

“Where’s Daniel?” I asked both of them, Alice and Mint looking blankly at each other in answer.

WHERE’S DANIEL??” I almost screamed, tearing myself away from their grasps and running towards the mansion.

“Whoa whoa wait Chaerin where are you going?” A pair of strong arms held me back. I turn around and see Ji Yong staring at me as if I was going mad.

“Daniel…where…Daniel is...” I stuttered, my eyes darting into the mansion frantically.

“I think Daniel is trapped upstairs! I tried to save him earlier but he just told me to go.” Trez yelled, jogging over to me.

I was dazed for a moment before I jumped back in action. “I’ll go save him!”

“But it’s dangerous!”

“Chaery NO!”

“Don’t go in there!”

Too bad, I was already inside.

It felt like eighty degrees with the hungry flames eating up the walls. The smoke stung my eyes, making it water instantly.

“Daniel!” I tried to scream but ended up in a coughing mess.

I ran in further and just as I was about to reach the stairs, I saw him. He was at the top half of the fiery staircase, stuck underneath a fallen plank of wood.

“DANIEL!” I yelled, running towards him. He was already unconscious when I approached him, a piece of his sleeve had caught fire.

Blinking my eyes to clear my vision, I knelt down and tore the flaming part of his shirt away. Using both my arms, I tried to lift the plank but it was far too heavy.

I looked around me frantically. I have about thirty seconds to save Daniel before this whole mansion collapses.

The smoke was far by suffocating and I already found it too hard to breathe. My arms felt weak as my knees threatened to buckle.

The last thing I heard was Ji Yong calling my name as darkness wrapped me in their embrace. 

 

 

 

Behind The Scenes~

If BIGBANG & 2NE1 are school teachers

 

Taeyang: Your typical hot but cute at the same time dance teacher that make all the girls swoon.

CL: The nice, friendly math teacher who teaches well and makes lessons interesting but is super strict about homework like if you forgot to do it she'll probably take out a whip and destroy you or smth.

Seungri: The weirdo biology teacher who is erted af and always try to make chances to stare at girls. 

Dara: The bubbly & tiny chemistry teacher who always look like she's drowning in her lab coat.

T.O.P: That art teacher who always shows you weird pictures with no particular meaning but says sentences about life and thinks that he is really deep and philosophical but in reality he is just plain strange. 

Bom: The dramatic Korean teacher who always brings food to class and shares it with her students.

Daesung: The hilarious PE teacher who comes to class with different types of whistles and pulls his shorts really high and makes you count out loud while doing some aerobic cardio squats or some .

Minzy: the young and sweet history teacher who is super passionate about teaching and can talk for 3 hours about the cold war.

GD: The hot science fashionista teacher who attracts girls, guys, teachers and even the janitor. 

 

Again apologsing for the lack of gifs! I'm currently uploading this chapter in a rush so there won't be any gifs this time but I promise that I will include it in the next few chapters!

Sorry keep yall waiting for so long owls. 

LOTS OF LOVE AND MANGO RICE

 

Love,

KK.