Chapter 39

One Stop Closer to Paris

Annyeong, my dear amigos.

It's been a long month since I last saw you guys, ahh I've missed you all. T___T <3

Anyways, this November has been killer so far. I literally have no time to even pause and breathe. That was how busy I had been. 

Chaerin and Daniel are finally in Luxembourg! I bet you owls that you are excited tons. 

BTE ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED FOR CL'S COMEBACK LATER ASDFGHJKL I AM ABOUT TO MYSELF IN EXCITEMENT.

Okay, I gotta admit that I was a little disappointed that it wasn't 2NE1 BUT STILL.

Right right, on with the story now. 

ENJOY MY LITTLE INFIKNIGHTS~

 

 

 

It took a total of 11 hours and 15 minutes for us to finally land in Luxemburg’s Findel airport.

The flight was all in all; torturous. Oh hell, if I were to hear Daniel freaking Choi belt All About That Bass in my ears once more, I’m gonna rip his perfect jet black hair off his pretty face.

Even right now, when we are already in our hotel room, he is still humming to the horrifically melodic tunes of Lips Are Moving by the same singer.

“Megan Trainor, its eleven forty-five at night. Can you please do me a favour and shut up?” I snapped tiredly.

“No,” the idiot replied, causing me to let out an extremely loud groan. “It’s your luck that this hotel only has double beds room left.”

It’s true. I nearly pushed my bed all the way to mothereffin Narnia in order to stay as far as possible from this .

“Oh c’mon, I know you love my singing.” He declared cockily before resuming his oh-so-beautiful tunes, not.

“Urgh, whatever. I am going to sleep.”

“Yeah you should, since you didn’t sleep a wink on the plane. Better build up some strength and energy for tomorrow.”

Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the day we launch our rescue mission into action. Daniel had laid out all of his fancy gadgets, including a power laptop with the fastest OS and server, two silver wristbands for the both of us to wear so that we can keep track of the whereabouts of one another, and a digital GPS thingy which clearly mapped out the entire Luxembourg with possible locations of a kidnapper’s hideout highlighted in fluorescent orange.

Oh, and he got us a radio too. To listen out for any ‘suspicious news or information’, according to Daniel.

His friend whom Daniel said he had to meet had dropped by our hotel an hour ago.  At first I was quite intimidated by his purple spiky hairdo and the god-knows-how-many piercings he had, but soon let down my guard when I learned that his name was Fish and he had the humor level of a master comedian.

Fish had brought us the most useful items that we would definitely require when confronting Park and the Bastards. Yeah, that’s what I decided to call them.

“Just go to sleep now, Chaerin. I promise that I won’t be throwing too many socks into your mouth.”

Tch, Jerk.

The next morning came with a chilly 14 degrees Celsius breeze hitting me right in the face. Luckily Korea has been cold enough for me to get use to the chilly weather here in Luxembourg.

Our room service arrived much quicker than we expected. In a flash, warm fruit pies, little sugar doughnuts and thinly sliced Éisleker Ham served with chipped potatoes and salad were all laid out of our table. It was a fresh experience of Luxembourg cuisine together with hints of France and German.

“You better eat a lot, sweet pea. I wasn’t kidding when I said that we have a lot of work to do.”

He really wasn’t kidding. Right after we finished our breakfast, we dived into work immediately. Daniel, whose laptop had finished charging throughout the night, is typing on his keyboard at the speed of light. He was going according to the digital GPS map, hacking into every security camera there is around the targeted area. Once he found nothing interesting, he will then inform me.

My job involved a very huge A1 sized map of Luxembourg. Every time Daniel declared that Park and the Bastards are not in a specific area, I will then cross it out using a big red marker.

I also had to source for past articles and new reports regarding the crimes Park had committed using the other laptop that Fish brought us yesterday. I had to note down and compile the date of the crimes, victims, but most importantly the location of the crimes, especially if it is in Luxembourg.

By noon, the both of us were hungry again and since we didn’t want to pay for the expensive room service again, we opted to get lunch at a noodle place beside the hotel.

Finishing our delicious meal-Luxembourg dishes are really good-Daniel suggested going to the supermarket to get snacks.

Which I am not mad about at all I mean, c’mon more food is always good.

We were strolling along the aisle, debating about the best flavours of cup noodles and picking out cup noodles at the same time.

Oh and Daniel said we weren’t allowed to speak Korean in public, so as to not attract unnecessary attention.

Daniel wasn’t exactly awesome at French, so I had to speak veerry slooowwy. It’s kind of like I’m speaking to a little kid.

This whole French speaking thing is starting to get on my nerves, despite my passion for French. I could tell that Daniel is getting a bit frustrated as well from the restless way that he was bouncing.

All of a sudden, Daniel grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. His lips were close to my ear as he whispered, language quickly changing to Korean.

“Look at that guy in front.”

I did as I was told and found nothing interesting at first. He looked like a college student from afar with an oversized grey hoodie. I was about to ask Daniel what was so special about this guy when I caught sight of it myself.

It was on the back of his calf, almost hidden by the pants he was wearing. But even if I were to get amnesia, or if I died and reincarnated in the next life, I still won’t forget the look of this symbol.

Coal black; about 3 inches; A clear, distinct ‘PB’ in some kind of weird font.

I was too stunned to even move. Before I could recover, Daniel had taken two large strides up towards the guy and punched him right across the face.

I never thought I’d say this but damn, he is one violent motherfu-uh I mean-violent mother hen you guys.

“What the hell was that for?” The guy cried out in French, with a too heavy Korean accent.

Hah, gotcha.

“Don’t even try to act innocent.” Daniel hissed angrily in Korean.

I stepped forward and snatched off his sunglasses.

“Red hair dude!”

I recognize him. He had been there, on prom night.

“That’s not my name, .” He snarled.

Oh no, he didn’t.

In one swift movement, I delivered a kick to his chest, causing him to groan in pain.

“What did you just call me?” I glared, putting as much venom as I could into my gaze. “Tell me, where is he?”

“Who?” He stared at me defiantly.

I gave him another kick. “You know who.” I snarled.

His expression flickered, as if hesitating to tell me or not.

Daniel punched him, hard. “Tell her you bastard!”

“Ouch! Okay, okay I’ll tell!” The guy cried out, cowering in fear. “He’s in a mansion by a private beach, that’s all I know, I swear!”

Huh, never thought that he would give in so easily but, we did obtain some helpful information. Before either Daniel and I can react, a loud booming voice can be heard practically throughout the entire mall.

“What is going on in here?!”

As we look to our left, two security guards walked towards us. I jumped to my feet and was quick to explain everything that happened in French.

“He is a criminal, please put him in jail.” I spoke solemnly.

The two security guards were a bit confused and reluctant at first but once they saw the tattoo on the back of his calf, they immediately understood and alerted the Luxembourg police force.

Daniel and I, of course, immediately headed back to our hotel room. With the new found information, locating Ji Yong will be a hundred times easier.

Ji Yong. I felt my heart clench at the thought of him. How is he right now? Did they beat him up? Did they bother feeding him?

Is he alive?

No. No no no no. I hurriedly blinked back my tears. I will not allow myself to even think that he might not be breathing.

“You okay?” Daniel asked. He must have heard my pathetic sniffling.

I swallowed. “Yeah.” I croaked.

He threw me a sympathetic look. “It’s okay, I understand that you two lovey dovey birdies are worried about each other.”

I gave him a shove, chuckling a little. “Thank you.” I said gratefully.

“For what? Calling you two lovey dovey? Oh please anyone can tell-”

“No, thanks for helping me, .”

“No problem, Chickrin.”

“Hey!”

Now that Park had done all this damage to my life, killing my horse, kidnapping Ji Yong, I can’t let myself be weak. All I have is this little amount of strength left inside me, and I decided that I am going to be using that strength to fight back. I am going to end this once and for all, no matter how hard it is.

By 2:41am in the morning, Daniel and I have narrowed it down to just three potential mansions beside ‘private’ beaches (well I mean since we were able to find it so it makes the beach less private doesn’t it?) that are around the city that we are staying in.

After packing our supplies for tomorrow, we lay down on our separate beds and within seconds, I was out as a light.

 Next morning came with ominous grey, thick clouds that hung over the sky like a blanket. No doubt will there be rain later; I made a mental note to grab umbrellas.

The two of us had a quick breakfast of ramen and instant egg before throwing on a thick jacket each, sunglasses and a black cotton mask that covered half of our faces. We don’t have to worry about looking out of place since its windy today and almost everyone is wearing either masks or mufflers to protect themselves from the harsh wind.

Main point is, we have to disguise ourselves to the point of looking utterly unrecognizable at first glance.

We are now heading to the first mansion, the one closest to us. Fish offered to lend us his car, as long as Daniel doesn’t crash it.

The ride in the car was silent, with only the GPS as the main source of sound.

“We’re near, I’m gonna park a road away so it gives us extra sneak-in distance if they happened to be here.”

He stopped the car and we both climbed out silently, like cats.

“Got everything?” He mouthed silently, gesturing to the inside of the special jacket Fish brought us.

I opened my jacket, confirming that I’ve got everything. The insides of the jacket had multiple pockets that held twenty tranquilizer shots, a gun and scissors.

You might think that it’s heavy but it’s not, thanks to it being a special jacket used by spy agents.

Four pockets of my belt held extra bullets and my biker boots, also brought by Fish, can knock anyone out with just a kick.

Daniel was suited up like me, except that he didn’t have a gun. Fish only managed to get us one gun so he made sure I had it, claiming that he is more powerful with just his fists.

“Are you sure you don’t need the gun?” I ask one final time.

“Trust me sweet pea, you need it more than I do.”

“But I can’t shot-”

Daniel sighed, cutting me off. “You really haven’t seen me punching someone, have you? Trust me, I’d be fine.”

Actually, I have seen him punching someone just yesterday. But okay.

We snuck close to the back of the mansion and shimmied along the sides of the walls until we were at the front. To our disappointment, the whole mansion was empty.

“Guess it’s not this one then,” Daniel replied disappointedly.

We drove off to the second mansion then, and this time, even from a road away, we can clearly see that there were guards standing around the mansion.

And they were armed.

Daniel quickly flipped our his phone and snapped a picture, zooming in the tattoos on their bodies only confirmed our suspicions.

We found it.

Hang on Ji Yong… I prayed silently.

I’m coming. 

 

 

That's it for this chapter!

Ok I really really really really really hope to update the next one before mid-december because my schedule is just cray cray at the moment. 

BTW, I found out that some authors with ongoing stories like to write blog posts constantly to keep their reader's updated. Would you guys like for me to do that? Let me know in the comments alright ya sugar pumpkins. 

 

Behind the scenes~

Ji Yong: I'm coming? Seriously? Couldn't you have said something more romantic?

Chaerin: Oh yeah? Like what huh? Since you're the expert here why don't you demonstrate?

*stare-down between Ji Yong and Chaerin*

Author: *looks worriedly between the two of them*

Daniel: Allow me. Oh madamemoiselle, you are as sweet as the doublemint chewing gum candy I have in my pocket. *Grabs Chaerin's hand*

Ji Yong: *face starts to turn really red as he growled*

Chaerin: *swoons*

Author: Er 911 emergency? We might have a problem here...

Daniel: Your eyes, are as beautiful as the new toilet plug I just bought, and oh your lips-

Ji Yong: ENOUGH. *slams down on table*

*table crashes through the floor, entire building collapse* 

Author: Dear friends, never ever mess with the almighty Kwon Ji Yong.

 

Can we all just take a moment to appreicate Kwon Ji Yong as a jealous boyfriend.

fml this guy is cuter than I'll ever be

WHO THE ACTUAL HELL DID THIS?!

<3 QUEEN <3

Imagine her as an spy agent KFIRHEHBINOMWEIUW

 

#SKYDRAGON MUTHEREFFERS

This gif goes out to all of you ^-^ Saranghae <3 (good god J-hope is driving me crazy)

 

Till the next time, owl puffs.

LOTS OF LOVE AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS