Meeting

The student and the rapper

Jane sat up straight. It was all a dream. Just a dream. She was at home, in her bed. Sweat was running down on the sides of her face. Her dream surely was a weird one. She had been a BIG BANG fan for a long time, yet she had never had such a dream. Was it because she was finally in Korea? Was it because it was just a matter of time before she would meet all those artists? She suddenly found herself wishing it was not a dream. After a few minutes of thinking she looked at the clock. It was 5:30 in the morning, but there was no way she was going to be able to sleep again. She still had more than one hour until she had to prepare to go to school. She decided to go for a jog, clear her thoughts. She put on a pair of leggings, a t-shirt and blouse and put on a pair of running shoes. She grabbed her phone and her earbuds and she was off. She decided to run along the Han river. It was a nice view and the sun would rise soon.

Almost an hour later, feeling much better, she headed back home. She went straight into the shower. Afterwards she had a nice big bowl of cereals and went to school. At the entrance she met Junghee.

“Good morning Jane” Junghee said tiredly.

“Good morning sunshine” Junghee said cheerfully.

“What are you so happy about?” Junghee asked

“Nothing. Just had a fresh morning. Why are you so tired?”

“I had a paper that was due today. I stayed up late last night to finish it. Oh, I totally forgot. How was your training yesterday?”

“It was good. I had vocal training and Korean lessons.” Jane replied.

“Korean lessons? But your Korean is good. And you’re attending a Korean University. What more could they want?” Junghee asked a little bewildered.

“They want to make sure my Korean is as good as a native’s. I already look like a foreigner. My Korean should even that up” Jane said matter-of-factly.

“Do you have training today as well?”

“Honey, I’ll have training everyday for God knows how long. This is a tough industry. I can’t debut until we know I’m good. Good enough to scare all the other singers out there.” Jane explained

“Aish… your ambition really is something. If you had just a little more it would leak out of you. Then we could bottle it up and sell it” Junghee laughed.

The day went on just as usual, until, during the break before her final class Jane was called to the dean’s office.

“Hello Miss Welding” He greeted.

“Hello seonsaeng-nim.”

“Please take a sit. The reason why I called you here is because of the recent events” the dean told her.

“Excuse me sir?” Jane asked. Had she done anything?

“You were signed by YG Entertainment. Congratulations”

“Ah, yes. Thank you” Jane bowed.

“Now, the CEO, Yang Hyunsuk called me and asked me if there was any way to tweak your schedule a little. I talked with the board of directors. In order to help you with your training you will only attend the mandatory classes from now on“ the man told her. “Moreover, your assignments will be less and a little more important.”

“I understand. Will I still benefit of the scholarship sir?”

“Yes. As long as your grades don’t suffer too much, you will.”

“I see. Thank you very much. I will work hard to not disappoint you and make the school proud.” Jane bowed as she got up to leave.

“You do that. The class will be over soon. You can just go home now”

“Yes, thank you again. Good bye” Jane said she exited the dean’s office.

She headed home, cooked herself something to eat and then went to training. She had dance practice and Korean lessons that day. In the Korean lessons she was working on improving her vocabulary and her coherence.

After the Korean lesson she headed to the dance practice room. She was a little early, but she thought she could start her warm-up. She entered the room and she saw someone rehearsing. He turned to see who entered the room and frightened Jane a little.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know someone was in. I’ll leave now.” Jane excused herself. She didn’t want to disturb anyone. She was a new trainee. He had the priority to the practice room.

“No, don’t leave. I was finishing anyway. I’m Choi Seunghyun. You’re the new trainee, aren’t you?” the rapper introduce himself.

Jane stared in awe a little. He was truly handsome, just like in her dream last night. And just like in her dream it was just the two of them in the room. “No, no. Snap out if it Jane. You’re here to train. Not to have fantasies” she thought to herself.

“Yes. I’m Jane Welding. It’s really nice to meet you” Jane bowed her head in respect.

“Nice to meet you too. Jiyong was really impressed by your voice. He said you could give Bom noona a run for her money.” He winked.

“Ah, I don’t know about that. I’m still a trainee. I have many things to learn. I’m still rough.”

“We all have things to learn even if it’s been years since we debuted. For example, I still as a dancer.” Seunghyun said blushing.

Jane laughed. His words were pretty true. He was known across the world for being the worst dancer in BIG BANG.

“Fans love you for your inability to dance. You don’t have to worry too much” Jane laughed.

“That doesn’t make me feel too good, you know. I’m being compared to the others every day.”

“The others can’t act as you can. So cheer up”.

Just then a woman, most likely the dance instructor, came in.

“Oh, you must be Jane. You’re here early. And I see you’ve met Seunghyun. I’m Lee Eunhae. I’ll  be your dance instructor from now on. Seunghyun, will you be joining us?” the woman asked.

“No. I have to go to the recording studio. Jiyong is waiting for me. It was nice meeting you Jane. Good bye noona”

“Good bye Seunghyun.” As soon as he exited the room she turned smiling to Jane. “Shall we get down to business?”

 

AN: Double update today. Well, not really since it's past 12 o'clock. But anyhow, I finished the chapter and decided to post it. 

I want to thank all my subscribers, commenters and silent readers. But most of all I want to thank my amazing friend Cass. He is the best friend anyone could ask for. Also, he is an amazing author. If you are into stories read his stories here.

P.s. Happy Birthday to the amazing leader, Kwon Jiyong!