Thinking

The student and the rapper

As Jane entered she was greeted by her fellow trainees. They didn’t know what their fate would be, but they were training together. There were Hyemi, Aera, Hana and Hyesu. Out of all, Jane got along best with Aera. She was kind and hard-working and didn’t judge based on her race. She was a new trainee, just like Jane. The rest of the girls were nice as well, but they considered themselves superior because they were Korean and because they had been in YG for a year already. Sometimes, they reminded Jane of the little evil group of girls from the dramas. And it looked like Hyesu was their leader. The three girls looked at Jane enviously as they started warming up.

“I saw you with the Big Bang oppas today” Hyesu said suddenly.

“Ah, yes. They said they wanted to meet me” Jane responded.

“Well, I think you shouldn’t forget where your place is. You’re still new here. It’s not appropriate for you to have dinner with people who shouldn’t even spare a second glance on you” Hyesu spat quickly as the other two nodded furiously. Jealousy could be seen all over her face. Even though she had been in YGE longer the sunbaes never asked her to join them in the cafeteria. It probably had something to do with the fact that she was always followed by the other two and kept ordering them around, but she had an aura of a spoiled brat.

“Don’t mind them Jane. They’re just jealous. I think it was very nice of them to welcome you. I know how hard it must be for you considering that you are a foreigner. Are they as nice as the rumours say they are?” Aera patted her shoulders.

“Yes, they were very nice” Jane nodded smiling.

Just then the choreographer walked in and they stopped talking.

 

Meanwhile in the cafeteria

“Wow, she’s hot” Jiyong said as he watched Jane leaving the cafeteria.

“Jiyong, not you too. I was afraid maknae would hit on her. And now you too?” Seunghyun complained.

“ Jiyong, close your eyes. I know she’s hot and all but it looks like she’s off limits. Hyung clearly made his claim already” Taeyang told the leader.

“What claim? I didn’t claim anyone” the rapper defended himself.

“Hyung, it’s obvious you like her. You may not like her like that yet but you’re very protective of her” Daesung added.

“I don’t know. I’ve never felt like this. Something just pulls me towards her. I don’t even know her that well yet. I just feel comfortable around her” the eldest boy said.

“Then make sure to treat her well. Get to know her. And then you will be able to sort out your feelings” Jiyong advised him.

“Awww! We reached the day when we give each other relationship related advice. Isn’t it nice?” Taeyang said cutely.

“Too bad it’s not you the one who seeks advice, hyung” Seungri added.

“Too bad you never listen. At least I never had a scandal” Taeyang gave him a reply.

“Hyuuung! Don’t tease me about it anymore. You guys embarrassed me in front of Jane. Who knows what she thinks about me now” the maknae complained.

“If she liked you before I don’t think we changed her opinion. So relax. Anyway, I’m going back to the studio. I’ll talk to you later” G-Dragon said.

“I’m leaving as well. I’m going home. I’m pretty tired and I have a meeting with the “Alumnus” director tomorrow morning. Good night” Seunghyun said.

As he was driving home, he couldn’t stop thinking about Jane. He knew what those feelings were, he just didn’t think it was right. It was too soon. But maybe, like the boys said, he should get to know her better. He arrived home and greeted his mother. He went straight to the shower and afterwards to bed. As he was lying in bed he wondered if Jane had finished practice. He decided to text her.

 

Back at YG

“I’m leaving Aera. I’ll see you tomorrow” Jane said as they finished the dance practice.

“Okay. Take care and good night” Aera responded.

“Good night” Jane said again.

As she exited the building the cold air of the December night hit her. It was very cold, but there was no snow yet. She hoped that it would at least snow until Christmas. She felt a little depressed again.  She suddenly remembered she hadn’t talked to Junghee in a long time so she called her.

“Hello”

“Junghee! How are you?”

“I’m tired. I have two more exams and then it’s over. How about you?”

“I finished mine today. I had two on Monday and Tuesday and one today. And now I’m on my way home from training”

“Oh, how’s training lately?”

“It’s getting better. I’m getting used to everything. By the way, I’m going to tell you something, but I need you not to scream”

“Okay…”

“I met the Big Bang members today. Seunghyun oppa told me to go to the cafeteria with him to meet them. And then I stayed with them for dinner”

“Aaaaaaaaaaarrgggghhhh! Jane! I’m so jealous. W-wait, wait! Seunghyun oppa? You’re calling him oppa?”

“Yes. He told me to call him oppa today.”

“Wow! He must like you then.”

“Well, the boys were teasing him about that, but I don’t know. Unless he says so, or does something to prove it, I don’t believe it. Besides, he’s a famous artist. I’m sure he sees beautiful women on a daily basis. Why would he like someone like me?”

“Give it a little time and you’ll see. Listen, I have to go back to learning. Why don’t we meet on Sunday afternoon? Ask your boss for and afternoon off.”

“I’ll see what I can do. Good luck on your exams.”

“Thank you. Make sure to dress warm. It’s really cold lately.”

“I will. You too.”

By the time she finished the conversation she was almost at home. The bus was surprisingly empty that night. Just then she received a text.

From: Seunghyun oppa

Have you finished practice?

To: Seunghyun oppa

Yes. I’m on my way home right now. What are you doing?

From: Seunghyun oppa

I’m at home. I just thought I would check to see if you finished. You are on the bus, right? Are you dressed warm enough?

To: Seunghyun oppa

Actually, I’m just entering the apartment building. Yes, I am dressed warmly.

From: Seunghyun oppa

Good. It’s really cold outside. How were your exams? Did you finish them?

She didn’t reply the last text. She had just entered the apartment and went to take a shower. By the time she came out of the shower, 30 minutes later, she had three more texts and a missed call, all from him.

From: Seunghyun oppa

Are you okay?

Why aren’t you answering your phone?

What are you doing? Did something happen to you?

To: Seunghyun oppa

I’m okay. I was taking a shower, that’s why I haven’t been answering. I’m sorry.

From: Seunghyun oppa

Ah, good. I thought something happened to you. How were your exams?

To: Seunghyun oppa

I finished today. They weren’t as hard as I expected. Or I learnt hard.

From: Seunghyun oppa

The second is more likely. Go to sleep now. Good night! Sweet dreams! ^.^

To: Seunghyun oppa

You too oppa! ^^

And both of them fell asleep thinking about the other.