Sleepover

The student and the rapper

Monday had been a good day at YG. Except for the ocasional dirty glances thrown by the “mean trainees group” as Aera called them everything was fine. They were still angry at Jane for having dinner with Big Bang and the fact that they had seen her and G-Dragon chatting as if they were best friends did nothing to help.

“If they keep behaving like a bunch of 5 year-olds it’s not going to help” Jane said tiredly on Monday evening as she was getting ready to go home.

“I know that. But they don’t. You shouldn’t worry about them. There’s nothing they can do. You have enough on your head as it is” Aera told her.

“You’re right. Thank you! I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon” Jane said and hugged her.

“Sure. Take care” Aera said hugging her back.

As she was exiting the building she decided to call Junghee and invite her at her place.

“Hello”

“How’s my favourite friend?”

“Just chilling at home. You?”

“I’m going home from training. How about we have a sleepover tonight? Come to my place and we’ll go together at school tomorrow to check the exam results.”

“I’ll go on one condition.”

“Say it.”

“We have to cook tteokbokki. I’ve been craving it for a few hours.”

“Okay, we’ll cook tteokbokki.”

“I’ll see you in an hour. Take care”

“You too.”

On her way home Jane stopped at a supermarket to buy some things. By the time she arrived home it was 8 o’clock. She took a shower and less than five minutes later Junghee rang at the door.

“Coming!” Jane yelled.

“Jaaane! I missed you” Junghee hugged her as soon as she opened the door.

“You saw me yesterday.” Jane laughed.

“Does that mean I can’t miss you? Go away witch” Junghee pouted cutely.

“Come in. It’s cold” Jane invited her.

“Aahhh, I know. I wish the snow would have stayed though. It was so pretty” the Korean sighed as she remembered the snow that morning.

“That makes two of us” Jane sighed as well.

“I brought a drama to cheer us up. And ice-cream and potato chips and… Chocolate” Junghee said cheering up the atmosphere.

“You do know that I have to take care of my weight, right?” the British laughed at her.

“This won’t even have time to become fat considering how active you are. You need your energy to keep up with that hectic schedule of yours” the eldest said motherly.

“You sound just like my mother. Anyway, I’m hungry, let’s go cook” Jane beamed.

“Do you have the ingredients?”

“Yes, I do. I stopped at the supermarket on my way here. Here’s an apron” Jane handed a pink flowery apron to her friend.

“Waahh! It’s so cute!” the eldest beamed.

The girls started cooking and less the 45 minutes later the food was done. It looked absolutely amazing.

“I wonder if it will taste as good as it looks” Jane said while taking a picture of the result.

“Of course it will. How could it not? We only put good things in it. It has to taste good” Junghee said happily.

“Look how good this picture looks. I’m posting it on instagram and twitter. “ Jane showed Junghee the picture.

“You want to make everyone hungry?” Junghee laughed at her. “Tag me if you post it”

The girls started eating soon. It was still hot but it looked very good and they were very hungry. True to Junghee’s words the tteokbokki tasted amazing. It was just as the food from the street ahjummas.  After eating they changed into cute pyjamas and started watching the drama. Junghee’s choice had been “Protect the boss”. When Jane asked why that one she answered:

“It’s really funny. And as a plus Jaejoong plays in it” smiling sheepishly. “You know, I heard T.O.P and Jaejoong are really good friends” she continued.

“Yeah, so?” Jane asked not knowing where Junghee was headed.

“If you get the chance to meet Jaejoong make sure to introduce him to me. Or better yet introduce me to Kim Hyunjoong” Junghee said excited.

“Wow! Calm down tiger. I’m not sure I’ll debut. And even if I do, it might be years before I meet those two. But if I do, I’ll say something good about you” Jane assured her laughing. Even though she was older than Jane, Junghee got excited over the slightest things and often acted like a child. That was one of the reasons why Jane enjoyed spending time with her though. Everything was fun and she never judged. She took things lightheartedly and had a very good sense of humor.

“If you started uploading pictures on instagram you better do the job right. Let’s take one of us in these cute pyjamas” Junghee said already practising her aegyo.

“I will. But no excessive aegyo. Got it?” Jane pointed her finger threateningly.

“Yes sir!”

“I’m one of a kind” Jane sang the second part of the song and they started laughing. The girls started making cute faces at the camera. After fifteen minutes of posing they stopped. Jane selected one of the pictures and uploaded it on instagram. As she did that she saw that the previous photo she posted already had over 1000 likes.

“What the...?” she looked at the picture dumb-founded.

“What happened?” Junghee said peeking over.

“The picture of the tteokbokki already has over 1000 likes. Why would that happen?” she wondered.

Junghee was checking the picture herself. As she was looking at the list of likes she suddenly laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” the other asked.

“Your Jiyong oppa liked the photo. That’s why it has so many likes. And prepare for more. You know how the fans are. If their idol likes something they like it too. Even if it’s a picture of a poop” Junghee said still laughing. Jane understood and closed the application. They went back to the drama. But a few hours later, before going to sleep she checked it again. Both pictures now had more 10,000 likes. She didn’t check the comments but she was sure people were wondering who she is and why did Jiyong like her pictures.

“Aish... Jiyong oppa. Couldn’t you have kept your fingers to yourself?” Jane wondered as she fell asleep.