BIG BANG

The student and the rapper

It was exam week for Jane. For the past weeks she had been studying like crazy. She couldn’t stand the fact that she could be unprepared for any of her classes or exams. It was especially hard giving the fact that she had training at YG everyday, including on weekend. On Saturdays and Sundays she had training all day. But even though it was hard, Jane didn’t complain too much. She liked what she did. Except for the work outs with Hwangssabu but she needed it. He was a tirain at times but the results were visible. Her physical resistence had improved a lot. She didn’t get as tired after practicing choreography. Her body was slowly getting used to the effort. On vocal training she had improved as well. She was still working on improving her range but it was giving results. And the fact that she had taken lessons before had certainly helped.

School was okay. She was confident that she would do well on her exams. Even though they were supposed to last the whole week she had scheduled them on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so that she could have the rest of the days free to go to YG. On Monday she had exams for Korean Language as well as Korean History. She wasn’t nervous about the Korean Language exam. Her lessons with the YG teacher had helped her a lot. She just hoped that the Korean History exam wouldn’t be too difficult. She had had slight problems remembering certain dates but it wasn’t very bad. She wouldn’t go to YG on Monday and Tuesday as exams were supposed to last the whole day. On Wednesday she only had one exam, so her afternoon was free.

The language exam was easy. Jane made a mental note to thank her teacher at YG for helping her. The history one wasn’t as easy but it wasn’t hard either. On Tuesday she had the litterature and the culture exams. Both were fairly easy, but Jane had found herself actually enjoying the litterature exam. Litterature had always been one of her favourite subjects, even back home, in the UK.

On Wednesday after her geography exam she headed to the YG building. She had acting classes and dance practice that day. She dreaded the acting class. She couldn’t express emotions as she should have and as she wanted. Nevertheless she knew that a great performer needed to touch the hearts of the audience. And if her face and body didn’t show the right emotions she could screw up the entire performance.

After the acting class she was tired more mentally than physically. She was headed towards the dance practice room to go over a choreography when she heard a voice.

“Hey. British trainee” a man yelled.

Jane recognized that voice. She would recognize it anywhere. She turned around smiling from one ear to another

“Annyeong sunbae-nim!” she bowed slightly.

“Aish... don’t call me sunbae. It’s too formal. Why don’t you call me oppa?” Seunghyun added grinning.

“Seunghyun... oppa!” Jane said timidly.

“That’s very good. Now, where are you going?” he asked.

“I’m going to the dance practice room. I want to practice before the choreographer arrives” she explained.

“Have you eaten yet?” the rapper asked her.

“No. I’ll eat later.”

“That won’t do. You won’t have any energy to practice. Come on, let’s go eat” he directed her towards the elevator.

“Wh-what? Wh-where? Wh-why?” Jane stuttered.

“What are you doing? Revising questions in Korean?” he laughed at her.

Jane blushed and bowed her head.

“We’re just going to the cafeteria downstairs. The boys are there as well. You know, they wanted to meet you” Seunghyun explained.

“The boys? As in BIG BANG sunbae-nims?” Jane said shocked.

“Yes. Now come on. It’s rude to keep them waiting” Seunghyun said walking faster.

“B-but I look really bad.” She looked in the mirror from the elevator and tried to fix her hair.

“It’s okay. I’m sure they will like you. Heck, Seungri will surely hit on you” Seunghyun said through his teeth.

“Why would he do that?” Jane suddenly asked.

“You’re hot. Simple as that” the rapper said matter-of-factly. Jane looked at him as if he were an alien. She then blushed and bowed her head.

They walked into the cafeteria and the man asked her.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Hmm... I want a hamburger” Jane said happily. She always enjoyed her food. Her friends back home used to laugh about it. They said that if food was a man she would marry him. And they were right. Nothing could come between Jane and her food.

“Ahjumma, give me a hamburger, a chicken salad, two apples and two bottles of water” Seunghyun said.

The lady handed him what the order.

“Thank you, ahjumma.”

“Enjoy your meal you two” the woman said.

“The boys are here. Let’s go” Seunghyun said pointing at a table.

At a table in the corner of the table four boys were sitting and eating. They looked as if they were posing for a magazine. They were enjoying the time they spent together.

“Hyung!” The maknae said. “You are late. We could barely keep Jiyong hyung here. He keeps saying that he has to go back to the studio.”

“The new song isn’t going to compose himself. The lyrics won’t get written by themselves either.”

“Stop bickering. Look who came with me” Seunghyun said as Jane came from behind his back.

“Oh! Jane” Jiyong said surprised.

“You’re the new trainee, aren’t you?” Taeyang asked her.

“Yes. My name is Jane Welding. It’s really nice to meet you all” Jane said bowing her head. “Seunghyun oppa, I should go. I don’t want to disturb you”

“Nonsense. Sit with us Jane” Daesung told her.

“Oppa? You call hyung oppa?” Seungri asked her.

“Yes, she does. Do you have a problem with that Seungri?” the eldest looked at him threateningly while he and Jane were taking a sit.

“How old are you?” Seungri inquired ignoring him.

“I’m 21.” Jane said a bit flustered.

“Then you have to call me oppa as well. You can’t differentiate” Seungri announced.

“Yes she can. Leave her alone maknae” Seunghyun said glaring.

“Wow. Already possessive hyung. Be careful, one might think you like Jane” Taeyang laughed.

Seunghyun kicked him under the table.

“Ya! You know how the maknae is. He likes to hit on everything that has a curvy chest” Seunghyun said.

“Yes. And afterwards he doesn’t even help them clean up” Jiyong added.

Everyone started laughing except for Seungri. He blushed and bowed his head.

“Jiyong sunbae, aren’t you being a little mean?” Jane asked timidly.

“Nope. He deserves it” the leader said showing no sign of remorse. “So, do you like YG Jane? How is the training going?”

“It’s very nice here. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be a trainee at YG Entertainment. The training is okay. It’s a little overwhelming with school and all. But it’s not unmanageable. Hwangssabu is very strict though. I think I’m lucky I don’t really gain weight. If I did I would probably have to work out twice as much” Jane said while eating.

“You’re right. He’s a monster of a trainer. Don’t tell him I said that though” Seunghyun said laughing.

“Thank you for spending time with me. I would like to stay more but I have dance practice now and I don’t want to be late. It was nice meeting you all. Thank you for bringing me here oppa” Jane said bowing as she got up from the table.

“It was nice meeting you too Jane” Taeyang said.

“Take care” Daesung added.

“Good luck with your practice” Jiyong said waving.

“Good bye” Seungri mumbled. He was probably still ashamed of the boys’ mocking.

“I’ll see you around Jane” the eldest said winking.

And with that Jane left the cafeteria.

 

AN: Another chapter. Wow. I had fun writing it. Especially the last part. In honor of Seungri's new album I decided to mock him a little. I'm such a nice girl, aren't I? 

Anyway, I've been hustlin' the whole day. Do you like the maknae's new album?