Advice and flashback

The student and the rapper

“Hyung, snap out of it. You’ve been like this for a few days. And that mistake at KBS last night. You haven’t forgotten dance moves in quite some time. This is the last performance and then we’ll get to relax. Just focus for another hour” Jiyong told Seunghyun before their performance on SBS.

Seunghyun hadn’t been able to concentrate on rehearsals and performances ever since he found out that Jane would be joining them and the girls for Christmas and New Year’s vacation. The previous night, while they were performing at KBS Gayo Daejun, he had forgotten the choreography and made a mistake. He almost tripped Seungri as well, so he had been scolding himself for that. It was just that he couldn’t seem to shake Jane of his mind. Her face, her smile, her smooth velvety voice, her deep brown eyes were the only thing he could think about.

“I don’t think hyung’s been making mistakes just because he’s tired. Though that certainly does not help. We all know that he’s been thinking about a certain blonde foreigner” the maknae said teasingly.

“Ya! Seungri, shut up! You’re only making it worse” the eldest member said raising his voice a little.

“We don’t have time to talk now, we’re almost up; but we’re all going to eat afterwards and we’ll talk about it, okay?” the leader comforted his friend.

Seunghyun thought about Jane again. He had to make her like him. And if he kept making mistakes that wouldn’t happen. So he focused on his lyrics and dance moves and decided to give his best. It turns out it was for the best. He had managed to make and incredible performance along with the boys and everyone cheered on them. Youngbae winked and smiled at him as soon as the performance was done.

The rapper felt extremely happy and thankful to have such great colleagues and friends. No, scratch that. They were more than friends. They were his second family. He knew he could always go to them whenever he needed help. As he reached the dressing room he checked his phone and saw that he had a text. His face immediately brightened when he saw who the sender was.

From: Jane

Oppa, you were jjang!

He started changing his clothes. He was still smiling when he exited the dressing room. The boys were waiting for him and as soon as they saw him they started smiling as well.

“Why are you so happy hyung?” Daesung asked.

“Oh, nothing” he said dreamily.

“Give me your phone” Jiyong said stretching his arm.

“Why should I?” Seunghyun said.

“Because I’m the leader. Now give it to me or you’re doing extra hours with Hwangssabu” the leader repeated.

“Aish… threatening me like that. He doesn’t even respect the elders, that punk” he muttered as he handed him his phone.

“Aham! I knew it. He has a text from a certain trainee” Jiyong said smirking. “Oppa, you are jjang” he continued mimicking Jane.

“Ya! Kwon Jiyong you give me back my phone” the main rapper said snatching his phone back.

The rest of the guys were laughing. As they reached the restaurant they were led to the VIP room. They ordered the usual and as soon as the waiter left they started talking.

“So, hyung, do you like Jane?” Seungri asked excitedly.

“I think so. It’s just that… I’m afraid. Isn’t it too soon?” Seunghyun said quietly.

“Too soon? It’s been years since your last girlfriend” the maknae said quickly.

“Not that you punk. He means that he doesn’t know her well enough yet” Jiyong said shaking his head towards the maknae. “If that’s what scares you, then you’ll get to know her better while we’re at the pension. I know, I know I’m really cool. You don’t have to thank me when you get together” he continued proudly.

“Jiyong, I seriously think you have the prince syndrome sometime” the eldest said laughing.

“Me? Never!”

“He’s right you know” Youngbae added laughing as well.

“Youngbae! You’re supposed to be my best friend and agree with me, not with our bingu T.O.P” GD said pouting.

“Let’s stop making fun of Jiyong hyung. Seunghyun hyung, Jane seems like a really nice girl. I think you should give it a try. Make her like you, if she doesn’t already, and be together” Daesung said wisely.

“Thank you for the advice guys. I- I think I’m going to make sure that I know her better and then I’ll tell her that I like her” the eldest said timidly. “Now, I’m going to head to the restroom before the food gets here”.

“Okay. Hurry up. And make sure to put your hood” Jiyong said nodding.

Seunghyun was headed towards the restroom when he was hit by a flashback: a pretty, foreign girl falling over after bumping into her while he was headed; his phone flying a few meters as a consequence of the same bump. And then it hit him. It was Jane. The girl who bumped into him at the same restaurant while he was exiting the restroom was Jane. He couldn’t believe it.

“Ya! Jiyong! Remember that I told you that Jane looked familiar when you showed me her audition tape?” Seunghyun asked as he took a seat at the table when he came back.

“Yes, why?” Jiyong said looking up from the food that had arrived a few minutes before.

“Well, the girl who bumped me in the hallway the last time when we were here…” Seunghyun answered.

“It was her, wasn’t it?” Taeyang said laughing.

“Yes. How did you know?”

“I had a feeling when you started saying it” Taeyang said still amused.

“Wow! You guys must be really meant for each other. Fate keeps bringing you together” Daesung added in amazement.

“By the way, have you texted her back?” Jiyong said as he was eating.

“No. I forgot” the rapper said his face falling.

“Hyung! That’s not how you make her like you” the maknae laughed.

“Just text her back. And remind her that we’re picking her up tomorrow at 10. And then eat. It’s getting cold” the leader said effectively ending the conversation.

To: Jane

Thank you Jane! ^^ I’m glad you watched us!

He received a reply just a minute later.

From: Jane

I’ll always watch you! >.<

“Ohhh! It looks like she likes you as well hyung. Nice one” Seungri said winking.

Seunghyun blushed and texted her again.

To: Jane

Sleep early. Don’t forget we’re picking you up tomorrow at 10.

From: Jane

Of course. Do you know the address?

To: Jane

Yes, I remember it. Now go to sleep. Good night and sweet dreams! ^_^

From: Jane

Good night oppa! See you tomorrow morning! ^.^

It is probably useless to say that neither of them fell asleep easily that night. They were both too anxious and could hardly wait for the next day.