Hope and confidence

The student and the rapper

 

The day after the audition Jane was still feeling excited. It eas as if she had taken a dose of happiness and the effects hadn’t worn off yet. She had called her mother last night. Her mother had been just as happy as she was about the audition.

“So you’re saying that the audition went well? What did you sing?”

“Considering the fact that I’m in Korea and this is a Korean agency the teacher told me I should sing a Korean song. And the original singer is under that label. I don’t know if I did well or not, but I don’t care anymore. I had so much fun” Jane told her mother dreamily.

“I’m really happy for you honey. When will you know if you got in?”

“They said they will contact me. But they didn’t say when. Anyway, the auditions take place this entire week. So I think it will be next week at the soonest.”

“I see. Anyhow, I’m really proud of you. I told you that your singing skills will take you far. I’m just happy that you’re happy. I have to go back to work now. We’ll talk later, okay?”

“Sure thing mum. Miss you. And I love you. Take care!”

“You too pumpkin. I love you too!”

 Her talk with Emma was much more different.

“Whaaaat? They said they will contact you? Why would they do that if you didn’t get in? Will they call all the auditionees? “

“I honestly don’t know. There were a lot of people there for the audition. And it’s only Wednesday. I can only imagine how many people will come till the end of the week.”

“I’m sure it’s going to be more than okay for you. They said they will contact you. You’ll get in.”

“Thanks, but even if I don’t I’m still happy I did it. I saw one of their singers as well. And the CEO was there too.”

“What singer did you see? Do I know him?”

“G-Dragon. I told you about him before. He’s the leader of BIGBANG. The one with all those crazy hairstyles.”

“The skinny dude. The one with the seaweed hair, right?”

“Yep, he’s the one.”

“But didn’t you say he was big? Like, very well known not only in Asia, but across the world as well?”

“Yes, he is.”

“Then how come he was there?”

“He works under the same company. And it’s very well known that he is one of the CEO’s favourites and one of the most talented men in Korea. I think YG really cares about his opinion and that’s why he was there.”

“Oh, I understand now. Too bad you didn’t get to see the one you like. That T.O.P guy.”

“Too bad? Nope, It was really good. I would have been too afraid to sing in front of him. I would have lost it.”

“Well, you’re going to have to get over it. You’re going to be working together most likely. So you won’t have another choice.”

“Who says we’ll be working together? I’ll deal with it when and if I get to that point.”

“Okay, Miss Pessimistic. I’m glad we talked. Keep me updated. Miss you!”

“I’m not pessimistic. I’m just realistic. We’ll talk more! Miss you too!”

Emma’s words gave her something to think about. A glitter of hope maybe? Was there a chance that she will sign with YG? She wouldn’t mind it at all. Aw, who cared? If she didn’t get in she could always audition again. Or go to another company. JYP wouldn’t be bad either...

 

Meanwhile at YG

“I’m here Jiyong. What did you want to show me?”

“Hello noona. I was at the audition yesterday. There was this British girl who sang your song: “Please don’t cry”. Check it out” Jiyong motioned Bom to enter his studio.

“Was she good?” Bom asked seeming interested.

“See for yourself” Jiyong replied.

5 minutes later

“Wow! She’s so good. And so pretty. I’m jealous” Bom said.

“Noona, don’t be. You’re a very good singer and one of the prettiest girls out there” GD said smiling.

“Ya! Kwon Jiyong, are you hitting on me?” Bom laughed.

“Yo, Jiyong, I want to... Oh, hello noona. What are you doing here?” Seunghyun entered the studio with some lyric sheets in hand.

“I was showing her the new YG trainee” Jiyong replied.

“YG already signed her?” Bom asked

“No. But he will. I’m sure” GD said confidently.

“Who is she?” T.O.P asked

“She was at the audition today. And she was the most talented of all. I swear, she’s so good.”

“Let me see” Hyun demanded.

 

After they watched her audition again.


“Didn’t I tell you hyung? She will be big. She too talented not to be” Jiyong said excited.

“She’s a foreigner. But she’s too good to let her slip. But I can’t help but think I saw her before. She looks so familiar” the eldest member of BIGBANG said.

“And they say I’m the player” the leader said bitterly.

“Ya! I didn’t mean like that you punk” Seunghyun scolded.

“Omo! Look at you. Fighting over a girl? You guys are so funny” Bom laughed at them.

“We’re not fighting” both boys said at the same time.

“If you’re going to mock us then leave. We have work to do” Jiyong pointed at the lyric sheets.

“Bye noona” T.O.P waved at her.

“Okay you rascals. I’m leaving. Work hard”

“So, what about those lyrics hyung?”