Recording

The student and the rapper

 “Honestly, Jane, I don’t think we can go to the police based just on that. If this continues, then yes, we are going to report her. But I don’t think we should go just yet. It would attract a lot of attention and we don’t want that. Just tell me if you receive another note like this” YG said.

“I kept telling Seunghyun the same thing, but he insisted that we should go straight to the police. Aish… I didn’t even go to school. Seunghyun oppa, you can’t be like that, understand?” Jane scolded her boyfriend.

“I told you, I’m worried about you” Seunghyun said strongly.

“No, you were right to come to me. Seunghyun, make sure she tells me as soon as there is another one” the boss instructed.

“If there is another one” Jane corrected.

“Seeing how determined she is, I think it’s just a matter of time before she acts. I just hope we’ll be able to avoid any bad things” YG said worriedly. “Well, anyway, you two can go. Jane, good luck on your recording today. Make sure to give your best.”

“Yes, I will. We’re leaving. Thank you sajangnim” Jane bowed and pulled Seunghyun with her.

“You’re not going to school now, are you?” Seunghyun asked as they were on their way to GD’s recording studio.

“No, there’s no point. The day is almost over. I’m just going to record with Jiyong oppa” she said.

“My jagiya is so talented! How can I be so lucky?” T.O.P asked softly.

“I think I am the lucky one” Jane smiled. They were on the hallway in front of G-Dragon’s studio by now.

“I beg to differ” the man said and pressed her lips to hers.

He cupped her face with his hands and gently nibbled on her lower lip. Jane put her hands around his waist and pulled him closer to her. Seunghyun groaned and pushed her into the wall behind. He then bit her lip and as Jane gasped he took the opportunity to slip his tongue inside . Their actions were quite unusual as they weren’t usually showing PDA. But all the recent events and the stress were taking a toll on them.

They were quite absorbed into their actions and didn’t see a man approaching. He cleared his throat and the two immediately separated.

“I didn’t know you were so adventurous” Tablo said laughing.

“Tablo hyung! We’re not… it’s just that…” Seunghyun trailed off. Both he and Jane were as red as tomatoes now.

“Seunghyun-ah, it’s okay, you don’t have to explain anything. I know, I know” Tablo said still amused. “Now that I ruined the mood, I think we should enter” he continued.

“Are you working with Jiyong oppa as well?” Jane asked trying to break the awkwardness.

“Not today. You’re recording?”  Tablo asked surprised.

“Yes. I asked her to feature in one of the songs” Jiyong answered as they entered the studio. “Jane, you’re early. Did you finish school already?”

“No. Because of this bingu Tabi I didn’t even get to go to school” she said slapping her boyfriend’s arm.

“Did he keep you in bed this morning?” Tablo asked wiggling his eyebrows. “He seems to be very affectionate lately” he added.

“Hyung! That’s not it” Seunghyun whined.

“Did I miss anything?” GD asked tilting his head.

“Nothing” Seunghyun snapped. “We had to go see Hyunsuk hyung this morning” he said continuing. “Jane received another note from that damn trio.”

“Wait, what? The trainees that leaked the photo of you?” Tablo asked serious this time.

“Are they sick?” Jiyong asked.

“It looks like it. But it’s too early to go to the police. There’s no concrete proof that they will do anything. Seunghyun just over reacted” Jane said sick of the matter.

“I’m not. I want you to be safe. Who knows what does three are capable of doing” T.O.P said matter-of-factly.

“Okay, okay. Oppa, can we start?” the girl said.

“Yes. I’ll play the song as it is now and I want you to listen to it, to familiarize yourself with it” GD said and a song started playing.

“Jagi, I have to go now. I’ll see you later” Seunghyun said pecking her cheek. “See you later boys” and with that he left.

“Are you sure you can work like that?” GD asked genuinely worried.

“Don’t worry oppa. I’m fine. I’ve been waiting for this day” Jane said excited.

“Jiyong-ah, I came to talk to you about the lyrics. Should I write my own rap for the song?”

“We’ll work on that together. Dok2 said he’ll be joining and so did Teddy hyung. Do you have time tomorrow?”

“Yes. Okay, I’ll leave then. Good luck with your recording Jane” he said as Jane smiled and exited.

“This is a very nice song oppa. But it’s sad” Jane said looking at the lyrics.

“It is, isn’t it?” Jiyong chuckled bitterly.

Jane didn’t press the matter further. She didn’t want to intrude.

“So, what parts do you want me to sing?” she then said as the song finished and started again.

“I want you to sing the second pre-chorus and maybe the last part of the bridge” Jiyong answered. “I’ll decide as I hear you sing.”

“Gyeolguk…” Jane started humming along to the song.

For the next half an hour Jane and Jiyong worked on the lyrics. He explained exactly what and how it should be pronounced and where an accent would be needed.

“Do you think you’re ready?” he then asked.

“I’ll never know until I do it. Can I go inside the recording booth?” she wondered.

“Please do” Jiyong said grinning.

Jane entered and started singing on cue. She sang but suddenly the music stopped.

“Make the second gyeolguk a little longer” Jiyong said.

In half an hour they finished the pre-chorus and an hour later they had finished recording the bridge as well. G-Dragon had her sing different parts of it. He wasn’t yet decided what and how he would use, but he wanted to have a few alternatives.

“Thank you so much for everything” Jiyong said as they finished and Jane was packing.

“No oppa. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you. I hope I didn’t disappoint you” she said bowing her head.

“It was great. You are great. See you around” he waved as Jane left.

Jane decided to go home and study a little to make up for her missed school day. As she reached the entrance of the building a receptionist stopped her.

“Miss Welding? There’s a package for you. A fan dropped it a while ago” she said and handed her a brown package.

“A fan? Really?” Jane looked curious. She opened the box expectantly. Did she already have fans? How?. When she saw the content she screamed.