Christmas Eve

The student and the rapper

The next day it was Christmas Eve. Jane woke up early. Since she couldn’t sleep she got ready and went downstairs. When she was descending the stairs she saw Seunghyun outside smoking. She decided to go and say hi.

“Good morning oppa!” Jane greeted as she exited the villa.

“Oh! Good morning Jane. Why are you up so early?” he asked giving her his million dollar smile.

“I could ask you the same thing. I just couldn’t sleep” she said wrapping her arms around herself. She didn’t take her jacket. Again.

“Me neither. I thought I told you not to go out dress like that in this weather” Seunghyun said. He placed his cigarette in the ashtray on the table nearby and went behind her. He ped his jacket and then, keeping his hands in the pockets, he gave her a back hug trying to warm her up.

Jane freaked out for a moment but started relaxing after a while. The sensation was un-describable. She could feel his strong arms around her waist even through his jacket. And his chest seems hard. She could tell that he had been working out. She felt safe, protected. She had never felt that way before. Sure, she had received back hugs from her ex boyfriends but none felt so right.

Seunghyun was thinking about the way her body seemed to fit his like a puzzle. It was as if they were made for each other. They stood like that watching the sunrise.

“This is amazing” Jane said feeling mesmerized by the beautiful sight in front of her. It had something to do with the man behind her, but she wouldn’t tell him that just yet.

“It really is” Seunghyun said looking at the girl in his arms. He decided to tell her his feelings before they left back to Seoul.

“Why don’t we go cook breakfast and give Mrs. Kwon a break today?” Jane suggested turning around.

“Sure. Let’s go” the man said glad to spend more time with the object of his affection.

They entered the villa and headed to the kitchen.

“Do you mind if we cook a western breakfast?” Jane grinned.

“Nope.”

They started getting out the ingredients. The two were going to make toast, omelets, bacon and sausages as well as waffles with some fruits. As they started cooking, Mrs. Kwon entered the kitchen.

“Oh. Good morning. What are you two doing here?” she asked surprised.

“Good morning omonim” Seunghyun said smiling. “We wanted to give you a break and decided to cook breakfast. I hope you don’t mind” he continued. Jane just nodded smiling.

“That is very nice of you. You shouldn’t have done it” the woman said surprised that they thought about her.

“We wanted to do it. Don’t worry. We’re going to make a western breakfast. I hope you don’t mind” Jane said grinning.

“It’s okay darling. Thank you both for this” Mrs. Kwon said leaving the kitchen.

They got down to business. There was a lot of food to be made since they needed to cook for 13 people. They shared tasks and started cooking. Jane started laughing when she saw that Seunghyun dropped an egg on the floor. She realized that he wouldn’t be able to make edible omelets and told him to fry the bacon and the sausages while she prepared the omelets. Surprisingly, though, 45 minutes later they had almost finished everything. The only had to make the coffee and boil water for the tea. CL came to the kitchen and her jaw almost dropped to the floor when she saw the two.

“Good morning to you too Chaerin-unnie” Jane said laughing.

“Did you two make this?” she asked disbelievingly.

“Yep” Seunghyun said proudly.

“Wow” she gasped again. Just then the rest of guests were coming downstairs one after the other.

“Why are the two of you here?” Jiyong said taken aback. “Did you plan to set my kitchen on fire?”

“Ya! Jiyong! Give us some credit. We woke up early and cooked breakfast for you” Seunghyun said waving a wooden spoon at him.

“Okay, okay” GD said raising his hands in surrender.

“Go to the dining room. Girls, can you help me take everything to the table?” Jane asked.

The girls nodded and each picked up plates and bowls. Soon, they were all seated at the table and enjoying the food. Everyone complimented the pair who had cooked.

“Hyung, I never knew you cooked so well. You never cooked for us before” Daesung said smiling.

“I don’t think hyung deserves too many compliments. I have the feeling that it was actually Jane the one who cooked and hyung just watched her” Youngbae said wiggling his eyebrows.

“That is not true!” Seunghyun said angrily.

“Don’t worry oppa, they’re just teasing you. He actually helped a lot. I wouldn’t have finished everything if he hadn’t helped as much as he did. He will be a great husband” Jane said grinning. She suddenly imagined herself dressed in a pretty white dress and Seunghyun looking absolutely gorgeous in a tux and waiting for her at the altar. She shook her head to come back to reality. She shouldn’t imagine those things. Although that morning she felt that Seunghyun might actually feel the same way about her. The way he hugged her…

“Well, he still has time to exercise. Oppa said he wants to marry late, didn’t you?” Minzy asked.

“I said that. But who knows… if I find the one I might get married earlier.” Seunghyun said looking at Jane.

Everyone shared knowing glances. It was obvious that the two had feelings for each other. It was just a matter of time until they figured it out themselves and settled things. Though, they hoped it would be sooner rather than later. The tension was becoming unbearable.

After they finished eating Jiyong’s mother and sister cleaned everything up. They refused to let Jane help saying that she had done more than enough. Jiyong, Youngbae and Minzy went to the market to buy a Christmas tree. Jiyong left saying that he wanted to buy the biggest one so that all the gifts would have space underneath. Mrs. Kwon was probably already in the kitchen preparing lunch, while Dami along with CL and Bom went to a local restaurant to order and then pick up the food for the Christmas dinner. They decided it was better like that since it probably would have taken them more than a day to cook the amount of food they wanted.

The rest of the guys, along with Dara and Jane started decorating the villa. They made a web of lights and surrounded the whole building. In the front there was a sleigh with Santa and his reindeers pulling it, all made of lights. After they finished the outside, they went inside. Everything looked amazing. The Christmas feeling and smell was everywhere. A few minutes later the boys and Minzy arrived with the Christmas tree. But since it was almost lunch, they decided to eat before adorning it.

Everyone, except for the three girls who hadn’t returned yet, participated. They were having an amazing time. Jane was happy that she had taken up the invitation and didn’t stay in Seoul. She didn’t regret any moment spent there. The girls arrived minutes after they finished the tree so the boys went outside to help them take everything to the kitchen. While Jiyong’s mother arranged everything on plates the rest were getting ready for the Christmas dinner. It was a formal attire especially since they were going to church for the Christmas for the religious service.

After a two hour long dinner, at 9 they all embarked in the cars and went to the church. It was amazing. Everyone was singing carols; there was a children choir which made everything more angelic and pure. It was Jane’s first Christmas in Korea but it somehow reminded her of the ones back home. Seunghyun sat next to her holding her hand the entire time. She was a little frightened since everyone was looking at them. She sat next to the biggest names of YG Entertainment. She was sure she even heard a few camera shutters. She ignored it. She knew that should she debut, she would have to endure much more. After a beautiful service they headed back to the villa. Everyone went to bed since it had been a long day and they were all tired. Besides, everyone was looking forward to the next morning when they would open their gifts.

Jane took a shower, changed into her pajamas and waited a few minutes. She opened her door and peeked outside. When she saw that it was clear, she picked all the gifts and tip-toed downstairs to the living room where the tree was. She started arranging the gifts underneath. When she finished, she got up and felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist. She turned around scared, prepared to yell, but relaxed when she saw that it was only Seunghyun.

“Oppa, you scared me” Jane said putting her hand at her heart. It was beating like crazy.

“Sorry” Seunghyun said smiling sheepishly.

“What are you doing here?” Jane asked.

“The same as you” he said and lifted up a bag full of gifts.

“Do you want to come outside on a walk with me?” Seunghyun asked after they finished placing his gifts as well.

“Yes” Jane said quietly.

“Wait here. I’ll go to my room and grab us some jackets” Seunghyun said and as Jane nodded he ran up the stairs. Two minutes later he came back and helped Jane put a jacket on. She took her hand and led her outside.

The two started walking around the lake. The sky was full of stars. It was beautiful. They both missed the stars. One cannot see them in Seoul because of the bright city lights.

“Come on Seunghyun. You can do it. She likes you as well. She’s been giving you signs” Seunghyun thought mustering up the courage.

“Jane, I have something to tell you” Seunghyun said stopping.

“Yes oppa?” Jane looked at him curious.

“I-… I didn’t expect things to turn up the way they did. I tried to stop my feelings from developing but I didn’t succeed. My heart wouldn’t listen. Your personality, your  perseverance… everything about you charmed me. So… what I’m saying is: I like you. Would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” Seunghyun said visibly nervous and holding her hands. Her hands were his grip on reality.

Jane just looked at him. She couldn’t believe what was happening. She felt happy. The man she liked and admired just confessed to her. Realizing that she hadn’t given him an answer yet she nodded and smiled at him.

“Yes. Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend” Jane said her smile threatening to rip her face in two.

Seunghyun couldn’t contain his happiness and picked her up and spun her around laughing. He placed her on her feet, put his hands on either side of her face, he looked straight into her eyes asking for permission and when she nodded he pressed his lips on hers.

 

AN: I know, I know. I'm showering you with fluffiness and cuteness. This chapter was looong! I just hope you enjoyed it. Thank you all for reading! Bye bye ^.^