New Year's Eve

The student and the rapper

The members of the YG Family had spent the next week playing around and resting. Everyone was enjoying a much deserved vacation. The newly formed couple enjoyed their stay more than the others. They carefully used their time to get to know each other better. Their happiness was visible from afar. The others were happy to see them together. Seunghyun hadn’t had a girlfriend since Big Bang had debuted. They grew to like Jane. She was a nice, down-to-earth girl who appreciated the boy for what he truly was. She looked beyond his appearance. Jane fit him like a glove; everyone hoped that they would have a long, healthy relationship.

 They originally planned on spending New Year’s Eve at the pension, but YG had called them the day after Christmas to tell them that they would be having an YG Family party and that they were all expected. As they didn’t want to look like they were your usual stuck-up idols they confirmed their presence. Besides, it was one of the few occasions when the family would be whole. On the 30th everyone left the pension to return to Seoul. The 2NE1 girls said they needed outfits for the party so they wanted to go shopping on the same day.

Jane had been coerced into going shopping with them even though she objected at first. Seunghyun had insisted that she would go, not before warning that should the girls corrupt her into doing something bad, he would steal their favourite shoes. She would spend the night with the girls, at their dorm and the next day they would get ready together for the party.

After they arrived in Seoul, the girls went to the dorm to drop their luggage and after they headed to the stores where 2NE1 usually shopped. Even though Jane objected, they even insisted on paying for her outfit since they knew that trainees didn’t have a lot of money. They finished buying everything rather quickly. They bought dresses, shoes and jewelry for the five of them. When they finished they went back to the dorm. The four singers said they wanted to be closer to Jane. They watched dramas and drank soju the whole evening. Seunghyun almost went to the girls’ dorm. He had called Jane and she had answered drunkenly. Dara, who was the most sober amongst them, had managed to calm him down and explain the whole situation.

The next day, on New Years’ Eve, the girls woke up rather late and with hangovers. Jane complained about giving in and about unnies who didn’t really take care of their dongsaengs. CL, as a true leader, cooked a hangover soup and handed pain-killers to everyone. At noon they went to a beauty salon to get themselves ready. Everyone had a manicure and a pedicure and afterwards they had their hair and make-up done. Jane was a little reluctant saying that there was too much money spent on her.

“I don’t need to have my hair and make-up done at an expensive salon. I could’ve done it myself” Jane muttered.

“Jane, darling. We’re doing this because we want to.  We enjoy spending time with you. Besides, it will definitely be worth it when Seunghyun sees you” Bom said reassuringly.

“That is true. Just look at her. That smoky make-up makes her eyes bigger. You are surely idol material” Dara said.

“You’re making me blush unnies. By the way, are all the trainees coming at the party?” Jane asked.

“They were invited. But I think some of them have gone home during the holidays” CL answered.

It was past 6 in the evening when everyone was ready. The gals went back to the dorm to get dressed and then they were headed to the club where the party was to be held. Seunghyun had insisted on picking them up with the limo.

“Oppa, you don’t have to come. I can just go with the girls” Jane said when he called.

“But I want to. I miss you. And I want us to go together. So I’m coming”

“Okay. Just pick us up at 8.30. I’ll see you soon.”

True to his words, at 8.30 Seunghyun was in the limo in front the building where the dorm was located. He called Jane and told her that he was going up to the dorm. Five minutes later, the girls were still running around looking for one thing or another. When the doorbell rang Jane went to open the door, since she was the only one ready. She opened it to find her dashing boyfriend looking around rather impatient. When he saw her his jaw dropped. She was dressed in a short colorful, sleeveless dress that accentuated her legs. The dress didn’t reveal her cleavage though since it would have made her look ty. Her hair was slightly curled at the ends and she had a smoky make-up on. Seunghyun kept staring at his better half for a few minutes.

“Oppa! Are you okay?” Jane asked a little worried.

“Uhm, yes. Are you ready?” Seunghyun cleared his voice and asked her.

“Almost. Come in” Jane said opening the door more and stepping out of the way. She turned her back to go pick up her coat and purse. T.O.P looked at her from beyond. He knew his girlfriend was hot, but this was too much. He needed to control himself. And protect her. He knew that all the guys at the party would be starring at her. So he decided not to stay by her side the entire evening.

“Oppa, if you want you can stay behind a little bit. We’ll just go first” Chaerin said seeing the man checking Jane out.

“Chaerin-ah, just mind your own business. If you’re ready, we should go” Seunghyun said glaring at the leader.

The ride to the club was fun. Everyone was already in the mood for the party. Jane couldn’t wait to have some serious fun. Besides, she would get to meet the rest of the family. It was something she had wanted ever since she signed the contract.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at a club called Russe. It was closed down for the evening at YG’s request. Two bodyguards were at the entrance, having specific instructions and a list of the people who were allowed to enter. No fans or media were allowed. It was a night only for the YG members. When they entered, the party was already in full mode. Teddy was DJ-ing and Tukutz was next to him. The Big Bang members were scattered around talking with various people. Seunghyun led Jane to the table where Big Bang was staying and helped her remove her coat. He protectively placed and arm around her waist and led her to meet various people. They greeted Se7en, Gummy, Lee Hi and  Epik High, as well as dancers and trainees. Everyone seemed to be having the time of their lives.

5 minutes before midnight everyone went to the roof to watch the fireworks. Seunghyun never left Jane’s side. More than that, he smacked Taeyang’s and Seungri’s heads when the wolf whistled seeing Jane.

“Jane, I’m really happy that we get to share these special moments. I couldn’t ask for anyone better” Seunghyun said before the countdown began.

“I’m really happy that I’m here with you oppa. I’ll make sure to treasure every moment we spend together this year” Jane responded.

“Not just this year. I’m not letting you go. We’ll be spending together this year, and the next, and the next…” the man trailed of closing the distance between their lips. As the others cheered and clapped for the New Year, Seunghyun firmly pressed his lips against Jane’s. Jane quickly responded to the kiss and moved her lips in synchronization with his. His tongue gracefully her bottom lip, but Jane broke the kiss. She grabbed the back of his head and rested her forehead against his.

“We can’t do that here oppa” she said while laughing.

“We can always leave” Seunghyun said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Happy New Year oppa” Jane said pecking his lips while laughing.

“Happy New Year Jagiya!” 

 

AN: Hello my lovely readers. 

First of all, I'm sorry that I didn't update these past couple of days. One of my best friends got married, so she had my entire attention. It was a wonderful wedding and I really hope that she will have a happy life next to the man of her dreams. (I know that you don't really care, but I want to boast about her).

Anyway, enjoys this chapter. It may be the last fluffy, cutesy one before the drama comes.

This is my coup d'état, by the way! (I'm just in love with the leader's new album! Can't wait for the second part!)