Threat

The student and the rapper

Jane spent the rest of her winter holiday at YG practicing hard. It wasn’t only because she wanted to have a chance to debut. She now had another reason to work harder. She wanted to be worthy of Seunghyun. She wanted him to be proud of her, to be able to tell the world: “This successful woman is my other half”. She didn’t want to be someone who dragged him down. She didn’t want to embarrass him. Not to mention the fact that if any of them slacked practice sessions, devolved, their relationship would suffer.  They had a talk with YG the second day after the New Years’ Eve Party. He had told them again that he wouldn’t object to their relationship. They were, however, prohibited to let their feelings affect their work. They also decided to keep their relationship hidden from the public. It was for the best.

Her feelings had grown immensely since the start of their relationship. They didn’t have a lot of free time, but they made sure to cherish every moment they spent together. They each understood what the other was going through, so they knew not to pressure one another.

The only problem Jane had, was with Hyesu and her two followers. They had seen her and T.O.P at the party together. The first day of practice after the party they approached her in the bathroom.

“Jane”

“Girls, what can I do for you?” Jane said trying to be nice even though she wanted to just leave.

“Leave our T.O.P oppa alone” Hyesu spat bitterly.

“Your oppa? Last time I checked it was me who was in a relationship with him” Jane said exasperatedly.

“That is only because you tricked him. And we know that you’re planning to seduce the other Big Bang members and destroy the band. So keep your distance. Otherwise we’ll take care of you” Hyesu said menacingly.

Jane just rolled her eyes. However, when they kept throwing her dirty glances at her whenever they saw her, she started getting worried. She didn’t know what exactly it was that they were capable of.  She wasn’t afraid for herself. Rather, she was afraid that a scandal would ruin Seunghyun’s image. She wanted to share her fears with him, but she didn’t want to worry him. He had a very busy schedule; he didn’t need any more worries.

“Do you ever listen foreigner?” Hyesu told Jane at the end of January.

“Of course I do. It’s just that I listen to people who have something to say and people I respect.” Jane told her smiling.

“You little ! I don’t know who you think you are. You came to YG not even half a year ago and you already think that you are some mighty person. Don’t forget where your place is. It won’t be long before you will be gone anyway” Hyesu said.

“Then why are you worried about?” Jane asked amused.

“You’re taking away my oppa. I don’t know what you did that he is smitten with you, but I will make sure that you break up.”

“ What are you going to do?” Jane asked.

“You’ll see what I can do if you don’t listen to me. You have two weeks to break up with him” Hyesu said and walked away from the practice room.

Jane dropped her body to the floor. She was growing tired of Hyesu’s childish threats and behavior. She had no plan of breaking up with Seunghyun. She decided to be more careful, so that there would be no chance for them to be discovered.

“Jagi, is everything okay? Why are you on the floor?” Seunghyun said as he rushed to her side. He had come to pick her up and take her home.

“No, no. Everything is fine. I’m just tired” Jane said faking a smile.

“Come on then. I’m taking you home” Seunghyun said stretching his hand and helping her get up. “I missed you” he added pecking her lips.

“You saw me a few hours ago when I arrived from school. You’re staying at my place for a while, right?” Jane laughed at his silliness.

“Of course I am. I want to spend as much time as possible with my girlfriend.” He added smiling.

Seunghyun helped Jane pack her things and the grabbed her hand taking her to the elevator.

“Oppa, don’t you think we should be a little more careful?” Jane asked, Hyesu’s words ringing in her ears.

“More careful? What do you mean?” Seunghyun looked strangely at her.

“We shouldn’t let our relationship become public. Even the slightest scandal could cause you a lot of trouble. You could lose the support of your fans” Jane said sighing.

“If they are my true fans they will support me even if they find out that I am in a relationship. It’s nice of you to think about my well being, but don’t worry. Everything will be alright.” Seunghyun said pulling her closer to him.

The ride home was silent. Jane was tired and her other half didn’t want to disturb her. He was falling in love with her more and more each day. She was exactly what he needed. And the fact that she worried about him, about his fans, about his career touched him. He just wanted to make her understand that those things were fading in comparison to her. Seunghyun started to think that maybe she was the one. His better half. The woman he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with.

“Jane, we’re here” he said gently touching her arm.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention. Come on, let’s go” she said cheerfully.

“Are you sure you want me to come? I can just go home and come some other time” he said not wanting to make her even more stressed.

“Of course. Come on, let’s go” Jane said and pulled the car door open.

As they entered her apartment, Seunghyun went to the living room and plopped himself down.

“Oppa, I’m ordering pizza. I’m too lazy to cook. Is that alright?” Jane asked from the kitchen.

“Yes. Just order a pizza with extra cheese” he said.

Jane pulled out her phone to call and order the pizza. When she was typing the number she saw that she had a new mail. She opened it and saw some pictures. It was her and Seunghyun in one of the dance practice rooms at YG. It was obvious that they were more than friends. At the end there was a message.

“I have these photos. You wouldn’t want me releasing them to the media, would you?”

This was bad. It was very bad.