Scarf

The student and the rapper

On Tuesday the girls woke up and got ready to go to the university to check their exam results. There were a lot of students anxiously waiting to find out what they did despite the early hour and the frosty cold. Jane and Junghee were there early as well because Jane had training at YG afterwards and Junghee was going home in Busan for the holidays. As it was really cold the girls were heavily clothed wanting to keep away the coldness of the December winter. Jane took a look at Junghee’s feet and smiled. She was wearing the pair of boots Jane gave her last night.  She smiled again at the memory of Junghee seeing them.

Her Korean friend told her the night before that she was going home for the holidays the next day, so Jane decided to give her the Christmas gift early. She had bought her a pair of boots Junghee had been eyeing for a few weeks.

“Whaaaaat? You bought me the boots? You are more than amazing. I’ll always love you” Junghee beamed and hugged her after unwrapping the gift.

“It’s good to know that now that I bought you a gift that you like, you love me” Jane laughed.

“Hey, you know that’s not true. I love you because you pay attention to me” Junghee said sticking out her tongue.

The girls entered the hallway of the building and parted ways.

“I’ll see you later. I’ll give you a call and drop by to give you your Christmas gift” Junghee told Jane.

“Okay. Just make sure to call me before” Jane said waving.

Jane continued her way towards the room where her results were posted. She checked her name and jumped in joy. She scored 90% in Korean Language, 92% in Korean History, and 89% in Korean Culture, 95% in Literature and 91% in Geography. She was really happy that she did well. She didn’t waste any more time and headed to YG.

As she reached the YG building she headed straight to her vocal training lessons. She spent extra time there as she wanted to work more. She knew that the more she worked the bigger the chances that she’ll debut. After finishing with vocal training she headed towards the room where she had her Korean lessons. She knocked the door and greeted her teacher. The teacher however told her that YG wanted to see her and that they wouldn’t have any lessons that day. Wondering why sajangnim wanted to see her she went to his office straight away. When she reached the hallway, his secretary greeted her.

“Hello Jane. Mr. YG is waiting for you, please go inside” the woman told her.

Jane did as told and nervously entered the office. She didn’t know why she was summoned and was a little scared. Had she done anything wrong?

“Hello sajangnim” Jane bowed as soon as she entered the office.

“Ah, Jane. Come, take a seat” the man told her pointing to the chair in front of his desk. “Now, you must be wondering why I called you here. I know you had exams the past week. Was everything okay?”

“Yes sir. They weren’t too hard” Jane said smiling.

“Good. Now, your Korean Language teacher told me that you’re doing very well. So, you won’t be taking any more lessons from her” YG told her bluntly. “You can have a conversation easily in Korean and you’re still a student, so you’ll still practice.”

“I understand sir” Jane nodded.

“Since we cleared your schedule a little, how about you start learning to play an instrument?” the man proposed.

“Well, if possible I would like to learn how to play the piano sir” Jane said feeling excited. She had always wanted to learn how to play the piano.

“Deal. I’ll talk to a teacher and you will start tomorrow. You can leave now” YG said.

“Alright. Thank you sir” Jane said bowing again.

“Oh, Jane! Merry Christmas. Have fun with your sunbaes” YG said smiling.

“Thank you sajangnim. Merry Christmas” Jane replied.

Jane exited the CEO’s office and headed to the cafeteria for some lunch. She was hungry and she still had some time before her dance practice began. Besides, she needed to mentally prepare herself for the three girls’ stares and scowls. She ordered tteokguk, a soup she had grown fond of. She chose a table in a corner and started eating. Just as she started eating her phone rang. It was Junghee.

“Hello”

“Jane, are you very busy?”

“No, I’m eating.”

“Oh, sorry to disturb you. I’m actually in front of the YG building. Can you come out for a minute?”

“Sure, just wait.”

She ran outside and saw Junghee waiting across the street. She had a package in her left arm and was supporting a suitcase with her right.

“Junghee! How are your results?” Jane asked as soon as she reached her.

“My average is 92%. Yours?” Junghee asked as well.

“91.4%. Good job”

“You too. I’m really proud. I’m leaving for Busan now. I just wanted to give you the gift and wish you happy holidays” Junghee said handing her the gift.

“Thank you. Happy holidays for you too! Take care of yourself and make sure to relax” Jane told her friend.

“You too. Don’t overwork yourself. And have fun at G-Dragon’s pension” the Korean said hugging her.

Just then they heard a voice.

“Jane? Why are you dressed like that in this cold weather?”

Jane looked at her and saw that she was only wearing her hoodie on top of a t-shirt. She had left her winter jacket in the cafeteria.

“Seunghyun oppa! I left my jacket in the cafeteria. I just rushed outside to meet my friend here. Junghee, this is Seunghyun oppa. Seunghyun, please meet Junghee” Jane said in a rush.

“Nice to meet you Junghee-ssi” the man said as he took off his scarf and handed it to Jane.

“Nice to meet you too Seunghyun-ssi. Anyway, I won’t hold you any longer. I have to go catch my train. Happy holidays again Jane. Call me” Junghee said hugging the British girl again.

“Happy holidays Junghee. I’ll call you for sure” Jane said.

Junghee left, in a taxi that was parked nearby. Jane and Seunghyun entered the YG building as the man started scolding her.

“No matter how much of a rush you are in, you should never go outside like that. It’s freezing cold.”

“I won’t do it again” Jane said bowing her head.

“I would love to stay and chat more, but I have to go train for the MBC Gayo Daejun tomorrow.” Seunghyun explained. “Make sure to watch us, okay?”

“Of course” Jane said smiling.

“I’ll call you to give you details about our departure on Sunday” T.O.P said as he was leaving.

“Alright. I’ll wait for your call oppa” the girl nodded. “Oh, your scarf oppa” she said and he turned around.

“You keep it. Take care!” he said and smiled at her.

Jane’s smile was from one ear, to another. She inhaled deeply and a strong manly scent hit her. She would make sure to take care of that scarf. And with that she headed back to the cafeteria.

 

AN: Hello guys! I'm back with another chapter. I'm sorry for not updating earlier but I had some technical dificulties (both my wireless router and my sister's laptop decided to die on Friday) and then my aunt came over. And yesterday I had to attend a wedding. But I'm back now. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment :D