Good news

The student and the rapper

It took Seunghyun two months to recover completely. He could barely do anything during those months. Even his filming schedule was modified. During the last month he had filmed scenes that had no actions. It was lucky that most of the filming was already done, so there wasn’t as big of an inconvenience.

During the two months of Seunghyun’s convalescence, Jane juggled school, training and visiting her boyfriend. It was hard and extremely tiring, but she wouldn’t take it any other way. She still considered herself guilty so she struggled. Thankfully, the rumors of her being T.O.P’s girlfriend died out eventually. She became much more conspicuous and took more precautions when she went to visit him.

“Aera, Jane, sajangnim wants to see you in his office” their choreographer told them one Sunday as they finished practice.

“Okay, thank you for telling us. We’ll go now” Aera said bowing, Jane following her.

“I wonder what this is about” Jane said nervous.

“Me too. You didn’t do anything, didn’t you?” Aera asked joking.

“No! You know I’m a good girl” Jane said acting innocent.

“Are you sure? You’re not pregnant, aren’t you?” Aera pressed.

“Baek Aera! What’s up with these questions?”

“Just wanting to make sure that our debut chances aren’t ruined” Aera grinned.

“Are you sure you didn’t do anything?” Jane asked curios.

“Very” Aera said laughing.

“Maybe we’ll get scolded in advance, like Seungri sunbae” Jane said remembering the Big Bang maknae.

“We’re not that bad. Are we?” the Korean girl said unsure.

“No, we’re not” Jane answered and grinned. “We’re about to find out” she said and then they entered.

“Annyeong haseyo sajangnim” the two girls said as they entered the office.

“Hello girls. Please, take a sit” YG instructed them. “I’m sure you’re curious as to why I called you in my office.”

The girls nodded eagerly. They were only called to the office if important news were given or if they were scolded for their actions.

“We decided your debut” the CEO sternly announced.

“Really?” -“Seriously?” the two girls said at once and the man nodded.

“When is it?”

“September the 1st. That’s the date of the YG Family Concert. You will perform for the first time on that stage.”

“Woah” Jane gasped.

“Great!” Aera exclaimed.

“Now, it the third week of May already. There isn’t a lot of time. But we decided to give you a week off. You still have two weeks of school left before the summer holidays. That means that you have the first week of June off, to recharge your batteries, and when you return, it’s going to be much more than before. Are you up for this?” YG concluded.

“Hell yes” Jane said in English.

“Of course” Aera nodded.

“Good. You will continue your training these two weeks. Spend your holiday well. It will be some time before you get another one” YG said. “You need to record a few songs after you come. We’ll decide together on your debut song afterwards. You’ll most likely work with Jiyong and Teddy on recording. And you can also help with the lyrics. Put your own personality in them.”

“We’ll work hard.” Aera said.

“Good. You can leave now” the CEO said dismissively.

“Yes, thank you sajangnim” the girls said bowing.

As soon as they exited the office the two started cheering and jumping around. It was amazing. It was everything they wanted and had trained for. Aera had been training for two years and Jane for almost a year. It was a wish come true. Something they truly wanted, but that they weren’t sure they would achieve. So, now that they knew it was actually real, it felt amazing. Till then, they were prone to be kicked out if they failed to impress. Now, it would be harder for them to be kicked out from the company. Not to mention that they would actually get to show the world what they could do.

“We’re debuting” Jane screamed.

“I know” Aera yelled as well.

“And we get a week off. I can finally go home” Jane said ecstatic.

“And I’m going to the beach. We should enjoy this holiday to the max. Next time we get a holiday everyone will know us. We won’t be as calm and able to walk around freely” Aera said wisely.

“If that’s what it takes to be a singer, I’m willing to take it” Jane said thinking.

“Me too. Now, I’m going home. I have to learn for my exams next week” Aera said sighing.

“So do I. But I don’t think I can study today” Jane said laughing. “I’m too hyped up.”

“Do it. You’ll regret if you do bad on your exams” Aera said waving and she left. Not two minutes later, as Jane was leaving the YG building, her phone rang.

“Hello”

“Hello jagi. What are you doing?”

“Oppa! I’m just leaving YG. I’m going home now. How are you? Aren’t you filming?”

“We have a five minute break.”

“Oh! Guess what I found out today!”

“Tell me.”

“NeRa will debut this year.”

“Really?”

“Yes. We’re going to perform for the first time during the YG Family Concert. How cool is that?”

“Very cool. I’m really happy for you. You deserve it. You worked really hard.”

“How much filming do you have left?”

“I think we’ll be done in a few days. There isn’t much filming left.”

“Oh… well, I want you to come with me somewhere two weeks from now. That is if you have time.”

“Where?”

“Sajangnim gave us a week off. And I want to go home. How about you come with me?”

“Seriously? You want me to go with you to London?”

“Of course. There are so many things I want to show you. Not to mention that my parents are dying to meet you.”

“Oh…”

“And it will probably be the first and last trip we get to have together until we will go public. And God knows when that will be.”

“I would love to go with you. I just have to talk with the director and with sajangnim first.”

“Of course oppa.”

“I have to go now. We’ll talk later or maybe only tomorrow. Congrats again babe. Take care.”

“You too. Goodbye oppa.”

The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to go with Seunghyun home. She couldn’t describe the feeling, but she was somewhat giddy. She wanted to show him her hometown, the places where she grew, the places that had a special meaning to her.

After she arrived home, she talked with her mother for almost an hour. Her mother was just as happy, if not happier that Jane was going to debut. And when she heard that she had a week to spend home before debuting, she practically screamed in the phone.

“Jane honey, aren’t you going to bring that boyfriend of yours with you?” her mother than asked.

“I hope so mum. He still needs to check his schedule before he can do anything. But I really hope he will be able to join me.”

Her mother was extremely enthusiastic about Jane’s like in South Korea. Starting from her university, to her training and even her boyfriend. Seunghyun had grown immensely in her parents’ eyes when he jumped in front of the car to save her. And they grew to accept that her life was now in the little Asian country and that there was no changing it.

Before she went to sleep she received a text message:

 

From: Seunghyun oppa

Sajangnim already bought our tickets.

 

AN: My dear readers! I don't know when I'be able to update next. I need to spend some time thinking how exactly to end it. I don't want it to be rushed. It has to be perfect. And I only have two days left to spend at home. And I have to pack. I'm moving to a different city since I'm starting university on Monday. And I'm a little sad. I don't want to leave my home! T.T But I'll visit soon!
Anyways, my point is that I'll be really busy. I'll try to update as soon as possible.
Love you all my beautiful readers and subscribers and commenters!