Shock

The student and the rapper

“Miss Jane, are you okay? What is it?” the receptionist ran over as soon as Jane started screaming. She picked up the box that Jane had dropped on the floor. When she peeked in she gasped in shock and disgust. She could not believe it. Inside the box there was what looked like a heart stabbed with a knife. It was a horrible sight.

The receptionist guided the trembling Jane to a chair and called the CEO.

“I’m sorry to disturb you sir, but we have a problem. Could you please come to the reception near the main entrance?” she said as soon as he picked up.

“What is it?”

“I think it’s best if you see for yourself” she said terrified.

“Okay. I’ll be there in a minute” the man said and hanged up. Not a minute late he was at the reception.

“What’s happening? Jane, what’s wrong?” he said when he saw the girl trembling in shock.

“A fan dropped this box earlier. She said it was for Miss Jane. When she came I gave it to her. She opened it and we saw this” the girl said and handed him the box.

Yang Hyunsuk took the box and looked at it. He shook his head in disgust and then instructed the receptionist.

“Take Miss Welding to my office. I’ll be joining you shortly. Give her a glass of water or something to calm her down.”

“Yes sir” she said and left with Jane.

YG pulled out his phone and after searching through his contact list he dialed a number. The phone rang a few times and then went to voice mail. He hanged up in annoyance and rang a different number. This time the person answered after the second ring.

“Hello”

“Hello director. I’m really sorry to disturb you”

“It’s okay Mr. Yang. What can I help you with?”

“I have an urgent situation at the company and I cannot reach Seunghyun. You are filming right now, aren’t you?”

“We are but if you say it’s that urgent, I’ll let him leave.”

“Thank you. Can you pass him the phone first?”

“Certainly.”

A few seconds later the phone reached Seunghyun and he answered bewildered.

“Hello”

“Seunghyun, something happened with Jane. I need you at the company now”

“Is she okay? What happened?”

“She’s fine. Just come here. I talked to the director, you are allowed to leave.”

That was all Seunghyun needed to hear. In two minutes he was at the car and his manager started driving. He was scared and he wanted to reach the YG headquarters as soon as possible. He didn’t understand what could have happened in the few hours since he had left to the filming location. Jane was supposed to be in the recording room with Jiyong.

Due to traffic and distance, he reached the headquarters only an hour and a half later. His manager stopped the car in front of the entrance and he jumped out. Another two minutes later he barged inside the CEO’s office. He saw his girlfriend sitting on the sofa, her fellow trainee sitting next to her, rubbing her back, the CEO was walking around and two police officers were sitting in chairs in front of Jane.

“Oh, Seunghyun, you arrived” YG said as Seunghyun rushed to Jane’s side. The rapper didn’t even acknowledge his boss’ words.

“Jagi, are you okay? What happened?” he said now thankful for all the work with Hwangssabu. He has incredible resistance.

“I received this and sajangnim decided it was time to call the police” Jane said pointing to the carton box that was now placed on the coffee table in front. He wanted to take a look but an officer stopped him.

“Mr. Choi, I am going to have to ask you not to touch the box, as we will have to search for prints” the man said and opened the box himself using his gloved hand.

“What the hell is this?” Seunghyun yelled as he looked in.

“A stabbed heart Seunghyun-ah. Isn’t it obvious?” YG said trying to calm him down.

“Is it Hyesu and her band again?” T.O.P asked angry.

“We don’t know. Though I think it is” the CEO continued.

For the next hour or so, the two officers interviewed everyone. They asked questions about the former trainees, about their attitude and about the whole leaking photos scandal. One of them asked the questions and the other was taking notes, only interfering if he needed further clarifications. YG gave them the rest of the envelopes and notes that Jane had previously left in his care. Two hours later, after assuring everyone of the complete discretion of the Seoul Police, the two police officers left the YG building.

“Jane, I don’t think you should sleep alone tonight” YG said after the two men left.

“She will come to my place” Seunghyun announced as soon as the CEO finished talking.

“That wouldn’t be too wise, taking into account the current situation. I think the 2NE1 girls wouldn’t mind her crashing at their place” YG continued thinking. He took the phone and dialed a number.

“Chaerin-ah, I want you girls in my office now” he announced and a couple seconds later he hanged up.

“Sajangnim, if it’s too much trouble she can come to my place tonight” Aera spoke softly.

“It’s okay Aera. I think that the 2NE1 dorm is the best place” Hyunsuk said smiling.

Ten minutes later the four girls entered the office bowing as they came in.

“Girls, thank you for coming. We have a situation with our Jane here and she can’t sleep alone tonight. I assume you have nothing against her crashing at the dorm with you” he said gesturing to the trainee who was now calm after the initial shock.

“Of course not” Chaerin answered instantly.

“But sajangnim, what happened?” Bom asked as she went to sit next to Jane.

“Jane received some notes and threats from our former trainees. They were the ones who leaked the photo of her and Seunghyun” the boss said.

“Really? I can’t believe how some people can be so mean” Minzy said.

“What kind of threats?” Dara asked rather scared.

“At first there were just notes and photos of me crossed or something like that. But today I received a stabbed heart” Jane said suddenly.

“A stabbed heart?” Bom asked.

“An animal stabbed heart” Seunghyun said bitterly.

“Oh. My. God” the four girls said at once.

“Don’t worry. We’ll take good care of our Jane” Dara said.

“I’m glad that she will stay with us, though I wish it wouldn’t be for such reasons” Bom added.

“Thank you” Jane said smiling. “I’m glad to have such great friends.”