Practice and... what?

The student and the rapper

“You girls need to pick a song for this month’s evaluation” the vocal trainer told the NeRa girls.

“What should we pick?” Jane asked thinking. She wished she had a few minutes alone to think. But she had none of that. If she thought she was being monitored, it was nothing compared to what happened after she received the postcard. She wasn’t even allowed to go to the bathroom alone.

“It needs to be something that shows us off. We need to impress sajangnim.  It’s high time we debut” Aera said sighing.

“A song that we can rap and sing to. Hmm… coach, do we have a theme for this evaluation?” Jane wondered.

“Nope. This time you have a free hand. And no, Aera, I won’t help you. You need to figure it out by yourself. I’ll leave you two to think. Aera, make sure you’re with Jane all the time” he said as he left.

“I wish everyone gave me a break. I’m not a child” Jane said exasperatedly.

“It’s not like that Jane. Everyone is just worried about you. We want you to be safe” the Korean girl said patting her shoulder.

“I know. I’m just tired of everything. I want it to be over already. I want my freedom back”

“You know freedom will be something un-existent once we debut, don’t you?” Aera said laughing.

“If we’ll be famous” Jane laughed and teased.

“If? Have you seen any YG artist failing?” Aera asked and Jane started thinking. It was true. No artist that YG debuted failed. They were all famous in their time.

“That’s what I thought. Now come, let’s find a song and blow everyone’s mind” Aera said grinning.

For more than an hour and a half they searched for a song. They tried different songs and nothing was good enough. None of them fit a rapper and a singer at the same time. Or it didn’t suit them. They were still brain storming when they heard a knock at the door. Both of them turned to see the eldest of Big Bang walking in.

“Oppa, what are you doing here? Don’t you have filming?” Jane asked surprised as he kissed her cheek.

“The director had an event to attend and he let us leave early. And look what I brought” he exclaimed happily taking food out of the bags he was carrying.

“Take out?” Aera asked.

“Better. My mum cooked this” he said grinning.

“Again? I owe your mother so much. Tell her that she shouldn’t tire herself out” Jane said feeling over-whelmed.

“You don’t owe her anything. She loves doing this” Seunghyun reassured. “Now come, girls, eat up.”

They spent almost an hour eating the food Seunghyun’s mother prepared. She cooked so much food and it tasted so good that they couldn’t get enough.

“So, what were you doing when I came in?” Seunghyun asked as they were packing up the leftovers.

“We were searching for a song for this month’s evaluation. We just couldn’t find the right one” Jane said still thinking.

“Jane, how about we sing «Haru Haru»?” Aera suddenly said.

“That’s not a bad idea” Jane said smiling. “Are you staying oppa?”

“Do you want me to? Won’t I disturb you?”

“Please stay Seunghyun sunbae. You can help me with the rap part” Aera grinned.

“Okay, I’ll stay.”

The girls started practicing and practicing. Seunghyun pointed out their mistakes and the things that they should do better. Despite the fact that Seunghyun was there and that they tried their best, the song wasn’t coming out the way they wanted it.

“ This is not working. My rap is too slow and Jane’s voice is too strong for this song. We need a better song” Aera said plopping down on the floor.

“It’s like our talent is gone… it’s not around any longer” Jane sighed as well.

“Omo!”

“That’s it” both Jane and Aera said at once.

“Why didn’t we think of it earlier? I’m so stupid. Stupid Jane” the girl herself said slapping her forehead.

“There’s a song like that, isn’t it?” Seunghyun asked.”If I’m not mistaken two girls sing it.”

“Yes, it’s Sistar’s sub-group, Sistar19” Aera said.

“And it’s Hyorin’s singing and Bora’s rapping. It’s brilliant” Jane said now seeming happy. “Let’s listen to it.”

After a few hours they decided it definitely was the best song for them. They modified it a bit, adding their own flare and colors to it. They even added another rap part for Aera as they thought that there wasn’t enough in the original. After practicing it for a few hours, they were satisfied. They still had to practice, but overall it was better. It was a song that suited both of them and that both liked.

After they finished rehearsing the song, they started practicing their dance. They both weren’t happy with their dancing so they didn’t want to leave without working on it. Seunghyun left to the recording studios saying that he will be back when they will have finished to take Jane home.

For their dance, the girls picked SS501’s “Love ya”. It was a song they both enjoyed and had wanted to dance to for a while. They were supposed to choreograph it at least partly, so they got no help from the choreographer that day.

By the time they finished it was almost 10 p.m. Aera left earlier saying that her father was waiting and the couple stayed behind as Jane hadn’t finished packing her things.

“Oh, I left my beanie. Go ahead; I’m going to take it from the practice room.” Jane said as they exited the elevator.

“Jane… I should probably go with you” Seunghyun said worryingly.

“Oppa… nothing can happen to me in 2 minutes. Just go. Take the car out of the parking lot” Jane said and left.

Having no choice, Seunghyun obeyed. He parked the car on the other side of the road, right in front of the YG building. He then got out, leaving the engine started, and pulled out his phone, to call Jane.

“Jagi, I parked the car on the other side of the road”

“Okay. I’m exiting the building now.”

Jane was leaving the building and started crossing the street. She suddenly heard tires screeching and Seunghyun’s voice yelling.

“Jane! Look out.”

The last thing she saw were the cars lights before she hit the ground.

 

AN: there you go guys. It's my birthday in 15 minutes and this is my gift to you. A cliffhanger. :D
What do you think? :D