It's not over

The student and the rapper

For the next few weeks, Jane and Aera trained together. They were known to the YG Family as “NeRa” girls. YG had even said that instead of searching for someone to fit them, he should just debut them as a duo. Secretly the girls liked that thought. They enjoyed spending time with each other and after the whole fiasco with Hyesu, Hyemi and Hana, they were reluctant to trust anyone. They were improving and it looked like their voices matched.

The media had calmed down. The rumor about T.O.P being in a relationship was long dead. It was partly because Jane and Seunghyun didn’t go out too much. Whenever they wanted to spend time together they were either at her place or at his. They enjoyed keeping to themselves and didn’t want to be in the public eye yet. Not to mention that this kind of publicity would be bad for Jane, as she was still unknown in the industry. She was just a trainee at YG; a very good one, that’s true, but just a trainee.

She was in the dance practice room with Aera, one day. They were learning a new choreography. Ever since the other girls’ contracts were nullified, they worked extra hard. They were trying to figure out a particularly nasty dance move, when G-Dragon walked in.

“Hello girls” he said grinning.

“Hello sunbae-nim” the girls answered immediately.

“What brings you here?” Jane asked soon after.

“I want to talk to you about something, Jane. But if you’re busy I can come back later” he answered after realizing that they were busy.

“No, it’s okay. I have time now” Jane said wiping her face of the sweat.

“Can you then come with me?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes. I’ll be right back Aera” she said waving at the girl.

“Don’t worry. Take your time” Aera answered.

“Come, I’ll get you something from the cafeteria” Jiyong told Jane grinning.

“Aish, oppa. The food is free at the cafeteria” Jane retorted slapping his arm.

“Just pretend that I’m paying for it” the man then laughed.

“And you wonder why people think that you have the prince syndrome” the trainee muttered.

“Do I?” he asked surprised.

“Yes, you have the prince syndrome. You’re the worst oppa” Jane said sticking out her tongue.

When they arrived at the cafeteria he picked ice-cream for the both of them.

“Oh, it’s been so long since I last ate ice-cream” Jane said excitedly.

“Don’t you eat ice-cream with hyung? He’s addicted to it” Jiyong tilted his head.

“That’s just it. He likes it so much, that he won’t share it with anyone. Not even me” Jane pouted.

“Aish… that man. I’ll scold him for you” Jiyong laughed hardly.

“How can you scold him oppa? He’s older than you. Do you think he’s going to allow it?”

“You’re right. He won’t.”

“So, what is it that you want to talk to me about?” Jane asked.

“You know that I’ll be releasing a solo mini album this summer, right?”

“Yes, Seunghyun oppa told me.”

“Well, I want you to feature in one of the songs” GD  grinned.

“Really? Why me? There are a lot of singers that are better than me” Jane said surprised.

“I just think that you would suit this song best” he explained. “So, what do you think?”

“You didn’t even have to ask. It would be an honor for me to do a featuring in your song. Thank you for this amazing opportunity sunbae-nim” Jane then got up and did a 90 degrees bow.

“This girl. Stop being so formal. You’re embarrassing me” Jiyong laughed and pulled her down to sit. “If you agree, then I want you to come to my studio tomorrow”.

“Okay. I’ll come as soon as I finish classes. By the way, does sajangnim know about this?” Jane asked.

“Yes. I already told him and he agreed. Now, I have to go back to the studio and you should go back to practice” G-Dragon said as he got up.

“Okay. Thank you again oppa” Jane bowed.

She was jumping all the way back to the practice room. She almost tripped when she exited the cafeteria, but that didn’t stop her. When she entered she saw Aera still rehearsing.

“Aeeeraaa! You won’t believe it” Jane said hugging her.

“What is it?” Aera asked surprised.

“Jiyong oppa asked me to do a featuring in one of his songs” Jane exclaimed still jumping around.

“Really? I’m so happy for you” Aera said and hugged her. Jane was the better singer out of the two, and lately Aera had started rapping. She had practiced with Teddy and Tablo and soon realized that she was more comfortable rapping than singing.

“Come on then miss featuring. There’s still a lot of time left until tomorrow. Let’s finish learning this choreography” Aera then said pulling Jane’s hand.

A few hours later, they were still practicing when Seunghyun entered. He gestured for them to finish while he took a place on a bench near the wall and started playing on his phone.

As the song ended and another one began Jane went straight to her boyfriend and hugged him. After that she took his phone, exited the application and pulled him up to dance with her.

“What’s wrong with you?” Seunghyun said laughing at his girlfriend’s silliness.

“She’s been like that all afternoon, ever since G-Dragon sunbae-nim asked her to feature in his song. And she’s tired, so that doesn’t help either” Aera explained.

“Oh, so that’s why she’s so energetic. I hope she’ll be like that tomorrow as well” the man said laughing. “Come on Jane. Let’s take you home. You need to rest in order to be able to sing well tomorrow”

“Yes, oppa. Let’s go. Good night Aera” Jane said still jumping around.

As they were headed to the car, Seunghyun scolded her.

“So, you were not happy to see me, you are happy because of Jiyong. It’s good to see what kind of a girlfriend you are.”

“Oppa, you know it’s not like that. It’s just that I’m going to do a featuring. And there will be my voice on Jiyong oppa’s album. Everyone will be able to hear me sing and…” she trailed off. “… and… What if it doesn’t come out well?” and then halted, just as they reached the car.

“Stop this nonsense. You always say that, but it’s always very good. If I didn’t know you, I’d say you’re just trying to get attention” Seunghyun said and pushed her inside the car.

“You would? But… I’m not trying to. I’m just happy that he asked me to sing for him, but I’m also scared” Jane sighed.

“I know what you feel. I felt like that before I recorded for the first time. It will be alright. Don’t worry” he assured her.

Before long, they arrived at Jane’s apartment building.

“Can I come in for a while? I have food!” Seunghyun said and pointed to a plastic bag in the backseat of the car.

“You can always come in. But where did you get that?” Jane asked surprised.

“My mother made it. I went home before I picked you” he grinned.

“She cooked again?” Jane asked incredulous. “I need to go visit her sometime” she muttered. Lately, Seunghyun’s mother had a habit of cooking for them and making her son pick up the food to take it to her place. When Jane called and thanked her and told her that she didn’t need to tire herself out, she said that she enjoyed doing it and that Jane is busy enough without having to cook for herself as well as her son.

They got out of the car and T.O.P picked the bags from the back, gesturing for Jane to go in.

“Jagi, I think you have some mail” Seunghyun pointed to her mailbox as they were in the entrance hall. The corner of an envelope was poking out of the box.

Jane went to the mailbox and sure enough there was a letter.

“Oh, it’s blank” Jane said looking at the envelope as they entered her apartment.

“Open it” the man said looking at it.

She opened it, only to see that there was a note and a picture inside. The picture was of Jane and there was a red “X” on her face. Seunghyun grabbed the envelope and took out the note. It was blank, apart from a sentence:

“It’s not over”

 

AN: Another chappie! Yay!

As always I'm waiting for your feedback.