Dolce Vita

The student and the rapper

On Sunday morning Jane woke up at 8. The boys wouldn’t come to pick her till 10 but she wanted to be ready on time and not to keep anyone waiting. She checked her bags making sure that she had packed everything she needed. She also checked that she had packed the Christmas presents for everyone. She had bought presents for the Big Bang boys, the 2NE1 girls, as well as for Jiyong’s parents and sister. She got GD a pair of sunglasses, a fullcap for Taeyang, a bear brick backpack for Seunghyun, a pair of gloves and a scarf for Daesung and a hoodie saying “I ♥ girls” for Seungri; she bought CL a necklace that featured a pair of eye-lashes, a long hoodie that looked like a dress for Bom, a beanie saying “I’m cute” for Dara, a Kawaii bag for Minzy, and a silver bracelet for GD’s sister, Dami. For Jiyong’s father she packed a bottle of wine that her own father particularly enjoyed and a floral arrangement for his mother. She hoped they would like the gifts. She had a hard time picking everything so she hoped they wouldn’t be disappointed.

She carefully put everything in bags after she checked that there were name tags on each of them. She took a shower and blow-dried her hair. She put on some BB cream and a little mascara, not wanting to look like she was fake. She wanted to look natural and get along well with everyone.

A few minutes after 9 she felt a little hungry so she decided to cook herself something. She was in the mood for some omelets and that she prepared. She saw that she had some croissants left and a few bananas at home. Jane thought that they would get bad by the time she would come back so she packed them as well in case someone got hungry on the way. She knew there was quite a ride to Pocheon-si. By the time she finished everything it was 5 minutes past 10. She checked her phone, but there were no missed calls or texts. Just as she wanted to call Seunghyun her phone rang. It was a number she didn’t recognize.

“Hello”

“Hello, Jane? This is Jiyong.”

“Oh, Jiyong-oppa. What’s going on? Is everything okay?”

“I just wanted to tell you that we’ll be a little late. Hyung is still not ready. He keeps changing outfits and he packed 2 suitcases. He’s worse than me now. And he’s yelling because he can’t find his sunglasses. Oh God. Just wait a little more.”

“Okay. See you soon” Jane hanged up laughing hardly.

Since she had a little time she checked her Facebook profile. She barely logged in since she came to Korea. She wanted to check photos and updates of her friends back home. She was engrossed in what she was seeing and didn’t check the time. Of a sudden, her phone was ringing again. This time it was Seunghyun.

“Jane! I’m going to ring the intercom. Open the door for me so I can come help you with your bags”

“But you don’t have to. I can carry them myself.”

“Just open the door. I’m hanging up.”

Jane sighed and opened the entrance door. She picked her suitcase and the other bags and went to the hallway. She put on her jacket, a scarf and a beanie. Before she could finish she heard the doorbell. She opened the door and saw a smiling Seunghyun standing at her door. It was like an angel had come down from the heaven.  He was dressed casually: a pair of dark-blue jeans, a brown sweater, a pair of brown boots and an un-zipped winter jacket. Yet he managed to look amazing. Shaking herself up, Jane greeted him smiling as well.

“Annyeong oppa. Come in. My bags are over here”

“Okay. We’ll take them and go. The guys are waiting in the van.”

He picked up her bags only leaving her small backpack that she was going to take in the van. They went down and sure thing, in front of the building there was a black van. Taeyang got out from passenger seat in the right and opened the back door so Seunghyun could put Jane’s luggage.

“Hello Taeyang-oppa” Jane greeted him.

“Hello my dear Jane” Taeyang greeted as well trying to tease his hyung.

“What? “Oppa”? And “my dear Jane”? Since when are you so close?” Seunghyun reacted immediately.

Jane and Youngbae laughed.

“She’s my friend.” Youngbae shrugged and left to climb up the van.

Seunghyun opened the door and gestured for Jane to climb up. She saw Jiyong in the driver’s seat, Seungri and Daesung in the middle and the back seats were empty. She saw a bag placed on one of the seats and assumed it belonged to Seunghyun. She greeted the rest of the guys and gulped. She didn’t know if it was good for her to sit in the back with the eldest member of the band. She liked him and her heart showed that. She mustered up the courage and went to take a place. Seunghyun climbed after her and GD started the engine.

“Jane! I missed you! How are you? Are you excited?” Seungri, the always bold maknae asked her.

“Yes. I heard that the pension is wonderful and situated in a brilliant area. And I’m even more anxious to meet 2NE1.” Jane said starting to feel more comfortable. She even took of her jacket and placed on the back of Seungri’s seat.

“What about spending time with us?” Daesung cutely pouted.

“Of course. I thought that was understandable. If I didn’t want to spend time with you guys I wouldn’t have agreed on coming” Jane said smiling widely.

They started talking and sharing jokes and memories to pass the time. Seunghyun was watching Jane dearly whenever she was laughing. Unknowingly, Seungri took a picture of the two and posted it on twitter. The caption said “Hyung and our dear Jane having fun”. He was sure he would get scolded, but it was worth it. The picture was very nice.

“What about 2NE1? When are they coming?” Jane asked.

“They are already on the way. They left a few minutes after us. Dara noona is driving her car.” Jiyong answered.

“Seungri, what’s with the photo?” Youngbae asked a while later from the front sit.

“Isn’t it nice hyung?” Seungri said knowingly.

“It is.” Taeyang said and laughed. “Though you started some craziness out there. “

“It doesn’t matter. We’ll deal with it when we get back if sajangnim doesn’t before that.”

“He’ll scold you” Taeyang added.

“It is worth it” the maknae said.

“What did you do again?” Seunghyun said sighing.

“Nothing”. VI defended himself.

“Jane, could you please check his twitter update?” the eldest continued.

Jane nodded and Seunghyun was peeking over her shoulder. When they saw the photo they were shocked. They didn’t expect this.

“It’s useless to scold you, isn’t it?” Seunghyun sighed as Seungri nodded. Jane blushed and just looked out the window.

The atmosphere was heavier. Jane didn’t stop looking out the window. It was just half an hour later when she saw a building that looked like the one from the photos she had seen on the internet that she felt better. It was amazing. And the thing that made it look even more spectacular was the snow around. As soon as they arrived, Jane exited the van and started looking around in amazement. It was a fairytale set. Before the guys got the chance to un-load the baggage a middle aged woman and a man came outside to greet them. Jane stayed behind as the boys greeted Jiyong’s parents.

“Omo. Who is this?” GD’s mother looked at Jane smiling.

“Hello. My name is Jane Welding. I am a trainee at YG. It is very nice to meet you” Jane said bowing at 90 degrees.

“She’s so polite” GD’s father muttered.

“It very nice to meet you as well. Please come inside.” The woman invited them.

The boys picked up the luggage and took it inside the villa. In the hallway a young woman waited for them.

“Look! It’s my favourite boys. It is so nice to see you all again. And this must be Jane” the woman said excitedly. “I’m Kwon Dami. It is very nice to meet you”

“You too. You are very beautiful” Jane said.

“Nonsense. Jiyong here is prettier than me” Dami said laughing.

“He’s prettier than most girls” Jane added laughing as well.

“I like you. You’re funny” Dami said sincerely.

Just then they heard a car outside.

“Oh, it must be the girls. Seungri, Daesung come with me to take their bags” Youngbae said as he was headed outside.

Not five minutes later four gorgeous and super excited girls entered the villa.

“Hello” the greeted and bowed. As soon as they saw Jane they surrounded her.

“You’re Jane. It’s very nice to meet you” Bom said.

“It’s very nice to meet you too. Please take care of me” Jane said bowing. The girls were all very nice and seemed to genuinely like the trainee. It probably had something to do with the fact that the boys always spoke highly of her.

Each of them was led to their room. As Jane reached the room she would stay in she placed her bags on the floor and threw herself on the bed. It was going to be a very good vacation.