YG Family Concert

The student and the rapper

“The show starts in 15 minutes. Big Bang are you ready?” the stage director asked on the day of the first concert.

“We’re checking their make-up and warderobe. They will be ready in two minutes” the stylist noona answered.

“Jane! I need Jane? Where is she?” Seunghyun asked frantically.

“What is it hyung? Why do you need her?” Jiyong asked worriedly.

“I just need to see her. Noona, can you tell her to come here?” the eldest asked one of the make-up artists.

“Aish… wait just a minute Seunghyun” the woman answered.

Not a minute later, Jane came entered the Big Bang dressing room.

“What is it? Why did you ask for me oppa?” she then asked.

“I just needed to see you. Are you alright? How do you feel?” he asked grinning.

“How do I feel? I’m about to perform for the first time on a stage, in front of 60000 people. How do you think I feel? I think I’m about to throw up. And I’m nervous and shaking and…” she trailed off.

“Stop, stop, stop! Jagiya, you need to calm down. Your emotions will show on stage. If you’re nervous, fans will be nervous as well. You need to be cool for the stage to be cool. Do you understand me?” the rapper tried to calm down.

“I understand… but… this is it. The real deal. I’m debuting” the British exhaled.

“Jane-ah! I know what you feel. It is nerve wracking. But this is what you’ve been waiting for. What you wanted, what you trained for, this past year” Jiyong encouraged.

“I know, I know. But there are so many people out there. There are my friends. Even my parents came all the way to Korea to see me. What if I screw up? What if I disappoint everybody? What if sajangnim thinks I’m not good enough and he kicks me out of YG?”

Jane’s parents along with her friend Emma flew to Korea the week of the concert. They wanted to be there for Jane’s first performance. Unfortunately they barely spent any time together. Jane had been practicing hard for the concert the whole time. NeRa would be singing four songs; she had a collaboration stage with Seunghyun, while Aera had a collaboration with CL.

“I know you’re worried. But try to relax. I’m sure your stage won’t be perfect. But you will improve. No one is perfect. We all just try to be as close to perfection as possible” GD answered truthfully.

“Now, go back to your dressing room. Cheer on Aera and try to be calm. Your stage isn’t until after Gummy noona’s stage. And there are four stages before hers. So you have time to relax” Seunghyun said. He lightly kissed her and pushed her towards the door.

Jane left for her dressing room. Aera was just as scared and nervous as she was. Trying to be brave, she inhaled and smiled at her friend.

“We can only hope that it will be alright. And we need to have fun and give our best” Jane said cheering.

“Okay” Aera nodded.

“So, we start with “Beginning”, then we introduce ourselves and ask fans to take care and love us” Jane revised the order of the stage.

“Afterwards it’s “Beautiful love” and then the first part is over.  You have your stage with Seunghyun oppa after Epik High. After Psy sunbae-nim’s stage I have the collab with Chaerin eonnie. There’s the Akdong Musician and Lee Hi stage and then it’s our second part: “Picture of us” and “Party”. Right?” Aera asked.

“Yes, that’s right” their manager said. “Go to the conference room now. Hwangssabu wants you to do your physical exercises.”

“Argh… I forgot about that. Come on Jane, let’s go” Aera said half-heartedly.

Time flew by rather quickly. Before they knew it, it was time for the girls to be on stage. They were happily received by the fans. Their debut was teased with photos and videos so that everyone knew who they were and that they were going to debut. Of course, they made mistakes. They were nervous and mispronounced a couple of words. But it was done already. They could only look forward to the next day.

Seunghyun and Jane performed “Act like nothing’s wrong”. Fans went wild and the SNS were filled with pictures of the two. Of course everyone started wondering if they were really just friends and co-workers. Aera rapped to “The Baddest Female” together with CL. They were YG’s female rappers and the image seemed to suit both of them.

On the last day of the concert, Jane had another stage, with G-Dragon, singing “Finally”. Until that day, her name hadn’t been revealed. All in all, the YG Family Concert was a major success. NeRa debuted successfully as well, their title track, “Beginning” was an all-kill, and their other tracks were on high positions on the music charts.

The future seemed bright for everyone!

AN: This is it guys! I'll post the epilogue tomorrow and then I'll have to part with this story, my baby! 
But I'll be back in a few weeks. I hope you haven forgotten about the story I told you I'll be writing with my friend Cass!