Vacation

The student and the rapper

“Jane! Jane, wake up!” Seunghyun said nudging his girlfriend lightly.

“I don’t want to! I want to sleep some more” Jane mumbled.

“Come one jagi! Did we come all the way to London to sleep? We could have done this at home, you know?” Seunghyun said louder and pouting.

“What time is it?” Jane asked.

“8:30”

“What? You woke me at 8 in the morning?” Jane said sitting up suddenly.

“Yes. I want to visit. There are so many places to go, things to see” he said smiling widely.

“Oh god. You’re unbelievable. Fine, just give me five more minutes” the girl said falling back in bed.

“Okay, I’m going to take a shower first” the Korean said pecking her lips and running to the bathroom.

Jane shook her head. The man had an incredible amount of energy, something like a child. Actually, he behaved like a child in many aspects.  Knowing that he wouldn’t leave her alone, she decided to get out of the bed. She quickly chose her clothes for the day and waited for her boyfriend to get out of the bathroom. He didn’t disappoint. Ten minutes later he entered the room smiling when he saw that Jane was indeed awake.

“Go take a shower. I’m hungry” he then said.

 “I’ll be back in a few minutes. Wait and I’ll cook us some breakfast. Don’t try to do anything yourself or you might just set the kitchen on fire” Jane warned and ran to the bathroom herself.

Seunghyun just laughed. He knew she was right. He wasn’t skilled in the cooking department so he usually stayed out of the kitchen. He picked Jane’s phone from the nightstand and checked the SNS. He wanted to know what the other YG Family members were up to. He wasn’t really into the SNS craziness. But he didn’t want to be left out entirely. He first opened the Instagram application.  He checked the YG members laughing at Jiyong’s silly pictures. He then wanted to see Jane’s pictures, but when he accessed her profile he gasped. She had more than 150,000 followers.

He didn’t even get the chance to see her pictures because Jane entered the room.

“Jagiya, since when do you have so many followers on Instagram?” he asked her.

“Well, it all started when Jiyong oppa started following and liking my photos. Then Youngbae oppa and Seungri oppa joined. Afterwards were the 2NE1 girls and the rest of the members of the YG family. And bam. It was an explosion of followers, likes and comments” Jane answered.

“How did they know that they followed and liked you?” Seunghyun asked bewildered.

“There’s an option that allows you to see what the people you followed liked and followed. And that’s how the fans knew” the girl explained.

“Wow. I never knew how many things you could find out from this application” he said amazed.

“That’s because you’re anti SNS” Jane laughed.

“True” Seunghyun admitted sheepishly.

“Maybe you should open an Instagram account as well” the girl suggested.

“Nah, I’m not really interested. I just wanted to check on the family, that’s why I checked from your phone” he explained. “Can we please go eat now? I’m hungry” he said pouting.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go” Jane replied laughing.

Jane prepared toast and omelets and pancakes. Ever since the trip to Dolce Vita, that was what Seunghyun asked her to cook every morning they spent together. He was addicted to her cooking. It was only a pity that she couldn’t cook more often for him.

By the time they finished eating and getting ready it was almost 10. Seunghyun kept pressuring Jane to hurry, but in the end it was she who waited for him to get ready. But he had to take extra measures so that he wouldn’t be spotted. He wore a hat, a mask and sunglasses. They exited the house and headed to the subway. Jane pointed things left and right introducing the neighborhood to her boyfriend.  Even though it wasn’t his first time in London, he was still amazed by almost everything.

They spent the morning on Oxford Street, buying things randomly. Seunghyun was actually the culprit for that, as he insisted on buying every little thing that attracted his attention. Jane scolded him for buying so many things but he didn’t listen. He was stubborn enough to only do as he pleased.

They had lunch at a Korean restaurant in the area. It wasn’t as good as the food in Korea, but it was close enough. After lunch they took a taxi back to Jane’s place to leave all the things Seunghyun bought.

“You know that all these won’t fit into your suitcase, right?” Jane warned the man.

“So what? I’ll buy another one, just for what I bought here” he said matter-of-factly.

Jane gave up. She loved his childish side, the side that always found the simplest solution to any problem. The afternoon was spent at Madame Tussauds Museum. They took pictures with a lot of figurines, even though they were wearing disguises.

The next 5 days were spent visiting everything they could in London and the surrounding area. On the fifth day they went to see the Stonehenge. Jane insisted that it was a must see and the man complied.

Before they realized, it was time to pack for the trip back. Both of them were sad that their vacation was only so long. Jane had missed home; her parents, her house, her friends, the places where she used to hang out with them… everything. Seunghyun missed Korea, but the time spent in England was amazing. He got to act as a normal human being. He was Choi Seunghyun, a Korean who came with his girlfriend to her country and not T.O.P the rapper and actor. But there were a lot of thing waiting for them back in Korea: there was NeRa’s debut and the YG Family Concert. Seunghyun’s new movie was coming out the following months. Big Bang would also be having a comeback. Everything was packed and tightly scheduled.

“Well, do you regret coming with me, meeting my parents?” Jane asked after they took their sits in the plane.

“Well…”

 

Flashback:

“Seunghyun, can we talk to you?” Josh asked Seunghyun on the third night of his vacation.

“Certainly” Seunghyun said getting up. He was lying in bed, waiting for Jane to come back from her meeting with her friend Emma.

“Don’t worry. We just want to chat” Ashley said as soon as he entered the living room.

“I want to apologize in advance if I say something wrong. I’m still practicing my English. I’m learning, but I don’t think it’s enough” he said bowing his head in shame.

“Don’t worry” Jane’s mum said smiling.

“We just want to thank you for saving Jane. I can’t imagine what would have happened if you hadn’t pushed her out of the way” Mr. Welding said shaking his head.

“You don’t have to thank me. It was my fault that she was even in that situation” the Korean spoke quietly.

“No, darling, it wasn’t. The fault belongs to those three girls. You have every right to love each other” the woman said smiling slightly.

“But I must ask what are your intentions towards Jane” Josh asked.

“Sir, I can’t promise you anything right now. I love Jane with all my heart, but our relationship is difficult. We can’t date publicly yet because of our situation. Jane’s career is at stake here. Besides, in two years’ time I will be enrolling in the army” Seunghyun explained.

“I know, I know. Jane told me about everything. I just want to be sure that you’re not fooling around” Josh retorted.

“Never sir. I love her. I would give my life for her!”

“I think we quite know that already” Ashley laughed bitterly.

End of flashback

“No. It was amazing. And your parents are wonderful people” Seunghyun smiled, caressing her cheek.