Mother

The student and the rapper

“Jagiya… are you okay?” Seunghyun asked as soon as they were in the elevator.

“I don’t know oppa. I- I knew what Hyesu could do… but I didn’t think she was that cold hearted. I thought that she would feel some remorse.” Jane said shocked.

“Come on. I’m taking you home and we’ll talk more” the man said kindly.

“But don’t you have practice and recording and…?” the girl stuttered.

“Jane, you’re blabbering. It’s nothing that can’t wait. And even if it was; you’re more important now” T.O.P said as he was guiding her to his car.

The car ride was silent. Jane was absent-mindedly looking out the window. Seunghyun decided to let her be for the moment. When the car pulled to a stop, Jane looked to him in shock. They were in front of a villa. It was amazing. The house itself wasn’t too big, yet it gave you the air of modernism and freshness. It looked welcoming and strangely, it gave you a nice feeling.

“Oppa, this isn’t my apartment building.”

“I know. This is my house” he said chuckling.

“Why did you bring me here?” 

“Well, we need to talk. And my mother is here. She told me she was cooking for us” the man said grinning.

“What? Your mother is here? And you want me to meet her? I am a mess. How can I meet her like this? You should have at least told me before hand. I would have prepared. I would have put a little effort in my appearance. Does she even know I’m your girlfriend?” Jane was blabbering.

“Jagiya… You always look wonderful. Don’t worry. And yes, she knows you’re my girlfriend. She’s been dying to meet you. Now come on, let’s go” Seunghyun said getting out of the car and opening her door.

“You are so dead boy!” Jane said giving up.

“Mother, we’re here” Seunghyun yelled as soon as they entered the house.

“Oh, you arrived?” a middle aged woman came to greet them.

“Annyeong haseyo omonim! My name is Jane Welding. It’s very nice to meet you” Jane said bowing 90 degrees. “I’m sorry that I am meeting you like this. I didn’t even bring anything. It’s just that I thought Seunghyun oppa would take me home.”

“I didn’t say I was going to take you to your home” the young man said playfully.

“Aish, what is this rubbish? It’s very nice to meet you Jane. I finally met the young woman that made my son smile again” his mother said happily. “Come in the kitchen. The food is almost done.”

Jane glared at her boyfriend. He had really done it this time. “Well, I might as well enjoy it now that I can’t avoid it.”

They went to the kitchen and Seunghyun gestured for her to take a place at a table. His mother was busy finishing the food.

“Omonim, it smells very good. Do you need me to help you with anything?” Jane said not paying attention to Seunghyun

“No, Jane dear… Well, unless you want to help Seunghyun set the table” his mother responded smiling.

“Okay. Come on oppa, show me where the cutlery is” the girl said nudging him.

“Aren’t you going to tell me what really happened between you and Hyesu and her gang?” Seunghyun asked her as they were setting the table.

“Well… you didn’t ask about it anymore. And I don’t really want to talk badly about her.” Jane said sighing.

“Omo, did something happen?” Seunghyun’s mother asked as she was bringing the food to the table.

“That picture of us that was released to the media… we found out who took and sent it” Seunghyun answered.

“Really? Who was it?” Mrs. Choi asked.

“It was a fellow trainee from YG. Actually, there were three of them” Jane said sadly.

“So, how did it all start?” T.O.P pressured.

“Well, it all started after the New Years’ Eve Party. No… wait. If I remember well it was when you first introduced the Big Bang oppas to me” Jane said. And then, while eating, she started telling them everything. From Hyesu and her gang’s dirty looks to the pictures and notes.

“And that was it” she concluded. “The reason why I didn’t tell anyone, was because I thought I could talk them out of it, especially Hyesu. The thing is, I don’t think Hana and Hyemi wanted to do it. It’s just that Hyesu was a bad influence to them. I really didn’t want to cause trouble for them. It’s a pity sajangnim nullified their contracts. They would have made good artists” Jane said.

“Darling, I tend to disagree. If they were capable of something like that, how could they be good artists? How can they be idols if they behave like criminals? Idols are supposed to be models to children and youngsters” the elder woman said wisely.

“Mother is right, you know?” Seunghyun said.

Jane didn’t answer. She looked at her food. The whole thing seemed unreal to her. What were those girls thinking when they planned the whole thing? Was she really that hateful that they did all of that?

“Jagiya, come on. I’ll show you my room here” Seunghyun said after a few minutes. He hated seeing her like that. He instantly felt sad as well. He had grown to care immensely about her in the past few months. He didn’t know for sure, but he thought he already loved her. She was always on his mind. Her touch, her smell, her voice… he cherished everything about her.

“Wait a minute. Omonim, thank you so much for the food. It was very good. Do you want me to help you clean?” Jane asked politely.

“No, dear, I’ll do it. You two rest. I know you work hard, and you deserve to rest” Mrs. Choi then ushered them.

“You don’t need to be like that you know” Seunghyun said chuckling.

“What do you mean «like that»?” Jane asked.

“Always asking to help her and all that. She’ll like you anyway, just because I chose you, because you make me happy” Seunghyun said looking at her lovingly.

“I’m not doing it just so she’ll like me. I would do the same with anyone, just because it’s the nice thing to do” Jane the hit his arm. “I make you happy?” she then remembered the last thing he said, her eyes glistening.

“Of course you do. Well, this is it. My room at home” he then opened the door ushering her in.

It looked like a child’s room. There were shelves of toys on almost every wall, just like in sajangnim’s office. On one wall though, there were two big pictures. One was of BIG BANG, while in the other there was just T.O.P.

“Wooaaahh… you have so many toys. You really are like a kid” she then pinched his cheeks. “I like those photos by the way”.

“My mother insisted on putting them. There are more in the living room downstairs” he said shaking his head.

“And your bed… it’s so big” Jane said as she threw herself on the bed.

“Straight for the bed. So that’s the kind of girl you are” Seunghyun said teasing her as he lay on the bed next to her.

“Oppa! You’re the one who’s thinking of erted things” she scolded.

“I’m just joking. You know I like teasing you” and then he pecked her lips.

“Shouldn’t we go back downstairs to your mother?” Jane asked blushing.

“Let’s just stay like this for a while” he said quietly pulling her closer to him.

“Okay oppa”

Half an hour later, Seunghyun’s mother knocked on the door. As she received no answer she entered. She saw the couple sleeping, facing each other. They looked, peaceful, there was no one disturbing them in their dreams.

“Aigoo… these kids. They deserve to be happy. I hope everything turns out well for them. I see that they really love each other” she thought as she placed a blanket over them and then exited the room.