The text

The student and the rapper

For the next couple of weeks Jane was extremely busy. She had school in the mornings. In the afternoon and evenings she was at YG training as hard as she could. She had Korean lessons, dance practice, vocal training, acting lessons and training with Hwangssabu. She was dead tired. On top of that she had exams coming up in two weeks. She felt like she wasn’t prepared enough so she stayed up late every night to study. It was already the end of November and the weather was cold. Jane wasn’t upset though. She liked cold weather. She could handle it much better than she could handle hot weather.

She hadn’t met any of the YG Family. She hadn’t seen Seunghyun either since the night she met him. That doesn’t mean she hadn’t fantasized about him though. She had had another dream with him. This time they were in a park talking. He was telling her about his life, about his first YG audition when he was rejected because he was too chubby. He told her about the sacrifices he had to make to become as famous as he was. Jane was starting to see him more like a person and less like an idol. She now knew what he had to go through. She was going through the same things: the long hours of training, trying to keep up with school wok at the same time. And most of all, she was missing home. She missed her parents, her best friend. She missed London. She wanted to go home, but unfortunately she couldn’t. School was going to break up for school a week before Christmas but YG had told her that she would have more training sessions when she was on vacation. This was the first Christmas she would spend alone.

She was in the dance practice room one late evening. She should have gone home. She had something to study for the History of Korea class but she couldn’t make herself to go home. She and the other trainees had started learning a new choreography that day but she couldn’t for the world get the hang of it. She kept making the same mistakes over and over. That was why at midnight she was still there practicing hard. The practice room door was suddenly opened and someone came in. Jane turned around and saw the almighty T.O.P strolling in the room and smiling at her.

“You know, the more you practice when you’re this tired, the more mistakes you’ll make” he told her.

“I… I’m just annoyed. Dance seemed to work for me. But this choreography… Urgh. It’s like it’s my personal hell.” Jane said annoyed.

“I know how you’re feeling. I spend a lot of time in the practice room when I was a trainee. I still do sometimes” he said smiling bitterly.

“I know. I saw you” Jane smiled as well.

“You’re still a student, aren’t you?” he suddenly changed the subject.

“Yes, I am. Why are you asking?” Jane looked at him curiously.

“Don’t you have exams coming up?”

“I do. They’re starting in two weeks.” Jane nodded.

“Then you shouldn’t be here. Even though you’re going to be an idol, you still have to do well in school.”

“I know. I’ve been staying up really late trying to keep up with everything”

“Then stop practicing and go home. This choreography can wait. Your exams are much more important.” He said pushing her towards the door.

“Maybe you’re right. I should go home.”

“Of course I’m right. Now come on, I’ll take you home” he said smiling.

“Wh-what?” Jane stuttered.

“You can’t ride the bus. It’s too late and too dangerous for a girl to go alone at this time of the night” the rapper explained.

“I’ll call a taxi” she offered. She didn’t want to bother him. She was sure he was more tired than she was.

“The same thing. Now come on. Don’t waste anymore time. Pack your things and let’s go” Seunghyun insisted.

“Okay” Jane said giving up.

She quickly packed her things and followed him outside to his car. His car was gorgeous. But what could one expect from an idol like him. He had a Maseratti Quattroporte that looked too good to be true. Jane thought it was a car that matched Seunghyun’s personality well. It was sleek and elegant but could be deceiving. He opened the passenger door for her and she slipped in. It smelled really nice. It smelled like Seunghyun. A few moments later he entered the car and started the engine.  

“Type your address in the GPS” he told Jane.

She nodded and did as he told her. It was silent in the car, except for the soft music that could be heard from the audio system. It was BIG BANG’s “Haru Haru”.

“Do you always listen to your songs?” Jane said slightly amused.

“No” he said smiling. “But this is one of my favourite songs. It’s something that I feel that connects us with the VIPs”

“You really are proud of your fans, aren’t you?” she asked him.

He nodded dreamily “They are the best. They always support us.”

Silence fell afterwards. T.O.P was slightly contemplating the situation. He liked her. Not just her physical appearance. Sure, she was hot. She was beautiful. He was sure that a lot of guys were drooling after her, but that wasn’t the only thing that made him like her. She had a calming aura around herself. Whenever he was near her it was like all his fears disappeared. He had watched her train for the past few weeks. She was diligent and hard-working. She knew what she wanted and he admired her for her ambition.

Jane on the other hand, was trying to calm down her heart. It was beating very fast and she was afraid she would embarrass herself. More than that she could scare him with her spazzing. “He’s just a colleague from work that’s taking you home one night. Don’t get too excited” she told herself.

A few minutes later the car stopped and Seunghyun broke the silence

“This is it, right?” he asked.

Jane looked outside and saw that they were in front of her apartment building.

“Thank you; for taking me home.” Jane smiled fondly.

“You’re more than welcome” the rapper said.

Jane opened the door and got out. Just then the window was rolled down and Seunghyun called her name.

“Yes?” Jane turned her head.

“Good night!” he whispered softly.

“Good night” she replied.

She went inside. She was too tired to study so she decided to take a shower and then go straight to bed. After she got out of the shower she checked her phone and saw that she had a text. She opened it:

“Don’t worry. You’re going to rock the choreography tomorrow. Have a nice night.”

There was no name at the end, but she knew who the author was. She fell asleep with a smile on her face.

 

AN: this chapter was rather dull but it was needed to define their relationship.

Happy anniversary Big Bang!