Packing up

My First Love

Right after your dad left in his limo, you went back inside your grandparent's house and went up to yor room.

*I have to start packing, so I can leave right away.. so dad won't get frustrated again..* You started opening yuor closets and pulling out piles of clothes and your other important stuff you wanted to bring along with you. 

When you opened up your last drawer, and pulled out some cardigans to bring along, a white envelope dropped out on to the floor. You looked at it.."What's this?" you curiosuly picked it up and opened it. 

Inside was a old photo of you, your dad, and....your mom. *what's this? who put this here?* You opened your mouth alittle since you were in shock. You looked closely at the picture and stared at your mom.

She was smiling..and everyone else in the photo was smiling too.

*This must have been when I was still a baby.. mom and dad both look so happy..what happened? why did mom have to leave?* You shook away that thought and slipped the photo back in the envelope and put it down on the bed.

You continue packing your belongings into your black and white polka dots suitcase. Finally you finished packing, and you looked at the envelope. *Should I take this with me?* You gave in to the thought and put the envelope in your backpack along with your other personal stuff since the suitcase was for clothes and such. 

-Knock Knock- 

"Yes? you can come in." Your grandma came in and saw your suitcase and backpack all full. "Omo.. you're done packing? Aigoo..so fast.. it's still early, dear~" 

You smiled. "Yeah, i'm done packing..and I wanted some free time tonight so I packed early.." Your grandma walked over to your bed and sat down. "~~~~~~-ah. i know grandma and grandpa doesn't work but i want you to have this..use this when you need to when you move to Seoul, araso?" 

You watched as your grandma pulled out a red little pouch and handed it to you. "Grandma, what's this?" you grabbed it and opened it..and peeked inside. You gasped.

"Ani! no..i can't have this!" you refuused. and you pushed it back into your grandma's hand. Inside was the money your grandparents have been saving up for a long time and a photo of them. 

"~~~~~, please have this ok? It's all I can give you.. i wish i could go to seoul with you but i can't.. so accept this as a farewell gift.. but I know you'll come back to visit right?" your grandma smiled. 

You accepted the pouch. *Thanks granny*

"Grandma..gomawo..really... I'm so thankful that you're here along with grandpa taking care of me all these years and now I have to move away and can't even repay you back..but I promise i'll come back as soon as I can.. and as much as I can !" you hugged your grandma. 

That night after dinner, you called your best friend, Jihyun to come out to the near by park to hangout for the last time.

"Jihyun-ah... it's me.. can you come out for a while?" you kicked a rock on the ground as you asked her. "Oh, yeah, I'll be coming.." you hung up after and popped down on one of the swings. 

a cool breeze passed by, *so cold* you rubbed your hands against your arms. 

"BOO!" someone yelled. Your almost fainted. "Jihyun.i know it's you..so come out!" you laughed. 

"Aish.. you're already used to my scarings.. what would I do when you're not here? I don't have anyone else to scare.." she made a pouty face. 

*aww..so cute, my best friend* You got up and went to where she is standing and gave her a big teddy bear hug.

"Aigoo..I'll miss my jihyun..." you giggled as you said that. "No..i'll miss you more.." jihyun sadly replied.

You released her. "Here open your hand, I have something to give you." She opened her hand, her palms facing upward waiting.. You dropped a golden key into the open hand.

"Here..this key is my room key.. since I'm moving away, I entrusted this key to you. sicne you're my best friend and whenever you miss you, you may come to my grandparent's house anytime and come up to my room and hangout there.. I'm sorry i can't do much but Thank you for being my best friend for such a long time.." You sincerely told her. 

Jihyun started crying. "~~~~~-ah..it's me who should be thanking you.. you pabo.." she sniffed.

"YAH! jihyun! stop crying.. or else other people might think I made you cry.."you lightly joked.

Jihyun wiped her tears away. "Araso.." she smiled at you and you guys hangout at the swings somemore and until it was too late, you guys said your farewells.. and you promised her you'll call her as much as possible and visit her as much as possible too. 

*Anyoung my chingu, jihyun~*