KRIS

We Are One! EXO Oneshots

Emma walked towards the kindergarten where her 4 year old son was currently a student of. She smiled thinking of the huge smile he usually had for her and the excitement when he tells her of what he does in kindergarten.What she didnt expect was to see her only baby with red eyes as though he had been crying for the whole day. 

"Baby,whats wrong?" She bent down to his level and his face. He turned away and looked at all the other parents picking up their children.He then dragged his moms hand towards the car.During the journey home, she tried to coax him into telling her what had happened.Once,she had parked the car in the home compound, Jia Heng ran towards the house with her calling his name.

"APPA!" The little boy screamed once spotting the tall man who was smiling in the living room.He latched himself on to his fathers leg. The man bent down and picked the boy up.

"Wu Jia Heng,have you been crying?" Kris asked his son while pushing Jia Heng's bangs away from his eyes. Jia Heng started sniffling and then the waterworks started.Kris started rocking him while asking what was wrong, but Jia Heng just kept on crying.Kris looked towards his wife in question but she just shook her head.

Emma walked towards the kitchen and started dialing the number for Jia Heng's teacher.While she listened to the teacher about the reason Jia Heng was sad,she sighed to herself. How could this happen to her happy go lucky baby.Why are people so mean?

Kris walked in with a sleeping Jia Heng in his arms.

"He cried himself to sleep the poor kid." 

"Can you put him to bed.We..need to talk." Kris looked at her but complied her request.He then sat on the couch next to his wife and looked at her waiting for her to start.

"The reason Jia Heng cried was because some kids during break taunted him...saying that his dad doesn't love him." Emma shied away when Kris got up in anger.

"What? Whose kid dared say that to our son? Ill take those fools down." He roared angrily.

"Kris." She grabbed his arm. "You can't use your influence in stuff like this."

"Why not?Someone hurt my son.They should get hurt back." 

"The important thing is not that.The reason those kids said that is because..." She paused not knowing whether she should say it or not.

"What?"

"Because you're never there Kris.You never came for his sport's day,parents day and you didnt go for his dad's day.Thats why."

"You know i couldn't go because I was overseas.Its not like I refused to go.Its just time restraint.You should understand." Kris said starting to get frustrated.

"I know.But Jia Heng is just 4 Kris.We both need to be there..."

"You act like Im never there." Kris said stopping her.

"I never said that.I just meant that we both need to be there for Jia Heng,Kris.I dont want to see him sad over something like this." Kris laughed harshly hearing his wife say this to him.

"So basically Im the reason Jia Heng cried.That's what your saying."

"Kris,I didnt...." He stopped her.

"You should know,I have a lot to handle at my dad's company.Do you think its easy.Do you know how many people are under Wu Corp?I HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE COUNTING ON ME." He roared at her.

"Kris! I didnt say any of that.I just said that we have to be there for Jia Heng!" She screamed at him. 

"Are you being serious now Emma? YEAH IM A BAD DAD.DONE OKAY.IM THE WORST DAD IN THE WORLD.DONE." He stormed out.

"KRIS." She screamed at his retreating figure.She flinched when she heard the front door slam and the sound of tires squeling.

"Mommy?" She quickly turned and saw Jia Heng with wide eyes. "Is daddy mad at Jia Heng?" He asked with a pout.

"No baby.Daddy's mad at mommy.Mommy said some things that made daddy sad." Jia Heng climbed on to the couch and hugged his mommy.

"Im sorry Jia Heng was a bad boy mommy."

"You're not bad baby.Those kids dont know what they are saying. Daddy loves you so much.He just has so many people to take care of and sometimes he just gets tired too.You understand?" Jia Heng nodded.

It was already 10 pm and Kris hadn't returned yet.She debated whether to text him or call him but she couldn't. She eventually fell asleep. She woke up and looked at the clock.It was 1am.She felt thirsty so she decided to get water from the kitchen.She then noticed that Kris was sleeping on the couch with his coat covering his body.

Emma felt guilty.He slept here since when..she wondered.Kris hated sleeping on the couch.He said his back would hurt and the couch couldn't fit his tall frame.

"Kris,honey wake up and go sleep on the bed." She ran her fingers through his hair softly.Kris groaned.He pushed her hand away.

"Its okay.Go sleep." He sighed.Emma puffed her cheeks so she wouldn't feel like crying.

"Youre...that mad...that you dont even want to sleep in the same bed as me?" She asked feeling herself waiver.

"I didnt say that." Kris said sharply.

"Then you sleep on the bed,Ill sleep on the couch." She grabbed his coat away which caused him to sit up.Emma covered her face because she knew that she was on the verge of crying. Kris grabbed the coat from her and threw it away.His heart crushed seeing the tears fall from your eyes.

He had hurt both the people who loved so much in one day.He hugged Emma to his chest and apologized to her.

They were both in bed.Emma kissed his chin and snuggled closer.

"Im sorry." She said. Kris looked at her and shook his head.

"Its my fault sweetheart.Im sorry I hurt you and Jia Heng today.Im really a bad..." Emma shushed him.

"You're not.You never were.You are the most amazing father and husband.We both love you." Emma said kissing him.In his mind,Kris knew he still had to do something.

Wu Jia Heng happily hung his painting on the board.Today was Open Day so people could come see what the kids had created.He sat down and waited like all the other kids.

"Okay kids, all your parents will be here in a while so behave." The teacher went out to guide the parents.

"Hah,Im sure only Jia Heng's mommy will come.We've never seen his daddy." One of the boys whispered loudly causing the others to snicker.Jia Heng became sad but he knew his mommy would be there and his daddy was a busy man being a superhero to people who work for him.

"Kids, your parents are here!" Then all parents entered and their children started going towards them. Jia Heng tried to find his mommy and ran towards her when he found her.

"Mommy you came!" He jumped excitedly.He noticed his mommy was alone but he didn't want to make mommy sad by asking where his daddy is.

"Obviously its for my baby.Dont you want to ask me where daddy is?" Emma smiled at him.

"Daddy's busy being a superhero." Jia Heng stated causing Emma to laugh.

"Wow,I didnt know my little man thought so highly of his appa." Jia Heng jumped when he heard his daddy's voice.His daddy had come.Kris smiled as Jia Heng hugged him.All the other parents looked at Kris and were awed.

Kris Wu,the President of Wu Corp who was known as ruthless and cold, was here smiling while hugging his son.Kris then let go of JiaHeng,grabbed his hand and put his arm around Skylar and asked Jia Heng to lead the way.

JiaHeng excited showed his parents his painting.He explained everything.

"He draws way better than you." Emma whispered to her husband who smirked. He playfully poked her side causing her to jump.

"Daddy daddy,come here." Jia Heng dragged them around,introducing them to his friends and showing Kris off to the kids who didnt believe his father loved him.

On the ride home,Jia Heng fell asleep as he was tired. Emma smiled and held Kris's hand in her. She kissed his hand making him smile.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"For making our baby smile and being the best dad in the world."