Haunted Sweetdreams

The Spiderweb of Love

 

JIYONG’s POV
 
After talking to Sohee for half an hour or so, I went back to the Park’s apartment to check up on Dara and see if Umma is already home. I saw the lights off, so I guess Umma hasn’t arrived yet. I went in and opened the lights before going to the kitchen to pop up something for Dara once she wakes up. Since the kitchen was running out of supplies, I just came up with a crab soup and sliced carrots. After finishing the soup, I went to her room and lay beside her, putting one arm under her head.
 
 
DARA’s POV
 
I was wearing a cute little pink dress, laughing as Appa chased me around the playground. I looked behind to check on Appa.
 
“Sandaya!” my bestfriend called, “watch out for the-“
 
BANG!
 
I stumbled down as I hit the lamppost. I wailed loudly the moment my bottom hit the ground. Appa immediately knelt beside me to scoop me up. He walked towards the bench and put me on his lap, inspecting my head.
 
“Does it hurt, cutie?” he asked.
 
“Neh!” I sobbed.
 
“Sandaya-ah, you’re cho clumsy!” my bestfriend scolded me.
 
“It’s Sandara, not Sandaya!” I corrected.
 
“And stop wailing out loud, your rabbit teeth are coming out. Lemme see your head. You should be careful next time, arasso?” Ji wisely stated.
 
I heard Appa laughed. “You sound so much like an adult, Jiyong-ah.”
 
“I don’t have rabbit teeth!”
 
“Yes, you have, Sandaya!”
 
“Ani!”
 
“Rabbit!” he teased.
 
“Ya!” I wailed. I jumped off Appa’s lap and started chasing Ji around. And before I knew it, I’ve already forgotten about the pain in my head.
 
“Rabbit, rabbit!” he chanted.
 
I stopped as the scene suddenly changed. I found myself sitting on the ground, playing. I looked up as I saw a shadow of someone coming over my direction. His eyes were wide in surprise as he started falling forwards. He fell over me and it was my turn to widen my eyes as I felt his lips against mine.
 
The place blurred again, and I saw my father kneeling in front of me and Ji.
 
“Listen to me, both of you. Gender is not the basis of strength, but the heart,” Appa said, pointing a finger to our hearts. “So, there’s no. . . .” his voice faded.
 
The place suddenly darkens. The scene has once again, changed. I looked around and started hearing cries, pained moans, anguish screaming, panicked pleas for help. I felt lost but I suddenly felt strong arms took me up. The scene changed again, but it was still the same place. My eyes grew wide as I saw the second floor beginning to collapse.
 
“Appa!” I screamed. I suddenly felt strong, warm arms around me. I buried myself deeply into it. Could it be him? But he’s. . .
 
“Appa?” I mumbled.
 
“You’re dreaming, Dara.”
 
My eyes snapped open as I heard my bestfriend’s comforting voice.
 
“Ji?”
 
“Yes, it’s me. I’m just here.”
 
We both fell silent for a while. I was trembling a little. It’s been what? How many years already since I dreamt about him, since I visited that painful memory. But at least I heard and saw him laugh, even if it was just in a dream, a memory. My Appa.
 
“I’m hungry,” I said. I really felt drained.
 
Ji chuckled. “Wait, I’ll just heat the crab soup up. I’ve made you one a while ago. I also prepared some carrot slices.”
 
I grinned. “My favorites!”
 
I followed Ji as he proceeded outside my bedroom. I started munching on the carrot slices as I waited for the crab soup to be heated. The moment he served it to me, I started attacking it without thinking.
 
“Ahh!” I squeaked. “Hot! Hot!”
 
I saw Ji panicked as he seemed confused on what to do. Then, as he came to his senses, he suddenly went to get a glass of water and frantically poured it down my mouth.
 
“Aish! Why are you so clumsy and careless? That scattered-brain of yours is starting to get on my nerves. You should have think first before gulping a bowl of hot soup down your throat!”
 
“I was hungry, I felt drained out.”
 
He sighed. “I guess I would feel the same if I was having bad dreams myself.”
 
I bowed down and started playing with the spoon.
 
“It wasn’t that bad. At least I’ve got to hear and see Appa laugh again,” I quietly said.
 
My bestfriend was quiet for a while. I started spooning up for some soup when my bestfriend stopped me.
 
“I’ll feed you. I don’t want you to burn your tongue again.”
 
I frowned. “I’m not a child anymore. I can manage. I was just excited a while ago.”
 
“Don’t be stubborn,” he said, taking the bowl and spoon out of my hands. He started scooping the soup and blew it.
 
“Here, open your mouth.”
 
“Ya!” I retorted. “Don’t do that! It’s disgusting! Have you any idea how disgustingly ugly you look right, now?”
 
“C’mon, baby girl, open your mouth,” he playfully said.
 
I looked at him in disgust as I feigned a vomit.
 
“Ya! G-dragon! I’m really hungry so give that back to me!”
 
“What’s happening here?” a voice behind me asked. Ji suddenly stood up as he greeted the newcomer.
 
“Umma!”
 
Seeing my bestfriend distracted, I suddenly grabbed the opportunity to steal the bowl of my crab soup.
 
“Let me help you, Umma,” my bestfriend offered. I turned my head to look. I saw Umma carrying some bags of supplies. Ji took the bags from Umma and went to put them in the kitchen counter. I turned back to my food and started gulping it in one go.
 
“Ya! Be careful,” Ji warned.
 
I swallowed the remains of the soup first before answering.
 
“It’s not that hot anymore,” I answered as I let out a moan of satisfaction. “Is there more?” I asked.
 
“Neh,” Ji answered. “But save some for Umma, okay?”
 
 
JIYONG’s POV
 
Dara’s birthday was coming close and she’s been bugging me for a motorbike.
 
“I’ve seen it in your magazine. It IS available in the market already, you know, the black sleek one, in case you don’t know. It would be totally cool if I don’t have to walk home with you to Gorilla’s house. And-“
 
“Have mercy on other people, Park,” TOP hyung suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
 
“Hey!” I greeted. Hyung greeted me back and turned to Dara again.
 
“Knowing your carelessness and clumsiness, I bet there’ll be a lot of casualties by the end of the day.”
 
“Pfft. You’re such a girl, Gorilla. I’m not really surprise that you don’t know the significance of having a motorbike because it’s a GUY thing.”
 
“Uh, Dara, hyung actually owns one,” I said.
 
“Oh, really? How come I haven’t seen any sign of it yet?” she asked.
 
“Well, it’s because I’m enjoying walking with you, Park. In that way, I can ruin your day.”
 
My bestfriend looked awkward for a moment.
 
“Oh! Look at the time! I’ll get going, I’m gonna be late,” she said then ran off.
 
“Where’s Sohee?” I asked.
 
“She went up early. I think she said she’s going to the library.”
 
“Oh!”
 
Silence.
 
“You. . .You’re not gonna buy her a motorbike, are you? It’s really dangerous. I mean, for other people. We both know how clumsy your bestfriend is.”
 
“Well, if my father hears about it, he’ll probably buy Dara one.”
 
“Think of what will happen if Park owns one.”
 
Well, hyung was right in a way. Dara can be really careless and clumsy. She can really cause harm to other people especially herself. I looked at hyung knowingly.
 
“Is there a story behind Park being called a rabbit?” he asked later on.
 
“Why?” I asked back.
 
Hyung shrugged. “She just reacted differently when I called her once before.”
 
“She used to have large front teeth before, just like rabbits. And well, you have seen how she loves munching carrot slices.”
 
“Oh, I see,” he smirked.
 
“Please don’t with that.”
 
Hyung just chuckled. “Don’t worry, I won’t”
 
Is it just me or the two are acting a bit. . .weirder than the usual? First, there’s this “silent” war between them. Then, they started fighting again but not as INSULTING as before. Dara seemed to mellow down a bit for not fighting back at hyung as much as she fights with him before. Hyung, on the other hand sounded REALLY CONCERN about some “people’s safety”. I thought hard, remembering when all the weirdness began. Then it came to me. It all happened after Hyun Seung’s birthday. Right after they. . . Could it be. . . .?
 
But no, that’s impossible. It’s too impossible to imagine Dara in a relationship. And besides, I’ve seen what kind of girls TOP hyung dates. My bestfriend is definitely NOT his type.
 
 
DARA’s Birthday. . .
 
Sine the apartment doesn’t have a large space just like Hyun Seung’s basement, Dara’s celebration is not an open house party. My father wants to throw a bigger party for Dara, but Umma strongly disagreed. So, only a few selected friends were invited. And since my father adores the baby girl, he took charge of the celebration, insisting that we celebrate it in OUR apartment instead of Dara’s place.
 
“So, is this Seunghyun coming or not?” Dad asked as we both prepared the foods for the party.
 
“I’m not sure. Hyung is not really in good terms with Dara," I answered.
 
“But Sohee’s coming, right?”
 
“Neh,”
 
“Call her, I want to talk to her.”
 
I followed what my father said and took out my phone.
 
“Hey, Dad wants to talk to you.”
 
 
SOHEE’s POV
 
I was surprised when oppa told me that his father wants to talk to me. He personally invited me for Dara unnie’s birthday, although Jiyongie oppa already asked me. It was really flattering.
 
“And oh, bring your stepbrother along”.
 
“Neh, neh,” I answered.
 
After the call ended, I went immediately to Seunghyun oppa’s room. I knocked for a few times before he opened it.
 
“Oppa, it’s Dara unnie’s birth-“
 
“So?”
 
“You’re coming, aren’t you?”
 
“Nope, I’m not going.”
 
“But oppa, your whole gang will be there. And isn’t it the gang’s tradition to be present on every member’s party?”
 
“I didn’t attend Park’s birthday last year either. And my presence is not really welcome there. You know how much Park-“
 
“Oppa, please, please! I’m begging you! Just think of it this way, if you’re gonna be there, unnie will be pissed off. And you like seeing her getting pissed, right? C’mon oppa. Please, please?”