First Time

The Spiderweb of Love

 

Monday - 7:00 am
 
I knew it was already morning. I stifled a yawn. My head ached from lack of sleep. Ugh! It totally ! I mean, I didn't even have the chance to at least take a nap even just a second. And the way she was wrapped around me and the image of her back in the kitchen with her shirt soaking wet was no help at all, it was freakingly disturbing for me, it kept me awake the whole night. And oh, of course the 'cold' wind because of the rain added to the reasons why I didn't have any SLEEP at all.
 
Deciding that I'm already overstaying in the bed, I pulled my arm off her. I took her arm that was wrapped weirdly around me like I'm a teddy bear and was about to pull it off when she suddenly squirmed and hold on to me tighter.
 
“Hmm,” she protested.
 
“I have to cook,” I said eventhough I'm not sure if she's already fully awake. I tried to stand up again when her legs suddenly flew. It ended on top of my stomach.
 
8:03 am
 
After an hour of struggling, I finally freed myself. I shook my head as I looked at her: mouth hanging open with her arms and legs all over my bed and a loud snore. I pulled the blanket and covered her up and went to the kitchen to crack something up.
 
10:00 am
 
I was in the middle of preparing the table when I heard her scream. I quickly took the stairs and ran to my room, pushing the door open. “What happened?” I saw her in the middle of the bed, sitting. She looked lost and alarmed. I saw panic in her eyes as she looked at me. Upon seeing me, her eyes grew wide, pulling the blanket higher, covering herself up.
 
“What am I doing in your room? What did you do to me?”
 
For a moment, I just looked at her with disbelief. Then it turned to amusement. Relief washed over me as I saw that NOTHING serious happened, at least physically but mentally, I'm not really sure. But I guess her brain was born-made to be like that. I started laughing, making her go all red. Seeing her face red, a naughty thought crossed my mind. I shrugged. “You came to my room first. I'm just a guy after all,” I winked then started walking away, but not before I saw the horror in her face.
 
10:30 am
 
We started eating our late breakfast/early lunch in silence. I keep on smiling everytime I look at her from across the table.
 
Then, when we finished eating, she started clearing the table up. I saw her went to the direction of the sink, probably to wash the plates. After that, she went to stand in front of me. “It's impossible,” she said.
 
“What's impossible?” I asked, hiding my grin.
 
“That I'll come to your room willingly. There must be some FORCE involved,” she knowingly said. I can’t believe her. I can’t believe she’s more concerned and worried about her going to my room first than the false information I gave her. Is she really thinking that I’ll do that to her, at least without her knowledge? I sniggered, making her burst out.
 
“YA! WHAT’S SO FUNNY? THIS ISN’T FUNNY! I WILL NEVER, EVER SLEEP WITH YOU! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS! BUT IF THAT DOES HAPPEN, IT WON’T BE ME WHO’LL GO RUNNING TO YOU!”
 
“You just did,” I said with amusement.
 
“BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!” she shouted.
 
I just shrugged. “I’m just human, what can you expect? I have weaknesses.” The horror in her face was too much for me to take. “Can’t you remember anything?” I asked.
 
 
DARA’s POV
 
When I woke up and found myself in HIS room, I suddenly panicked. Then, when he said about me going into his room, my mind exploded, making me forget everything. All I could ever think was what he said. But now that I’m trying to recall the night’s event, it suddenly dawned on me that he was just playing. And he’s obviously having fun doing it judging by the look on his face.
 
“Why you little liar! I am so gonna kill you!”
 
“I’d like to see you try,” he laughed and started running away from me. I balled my fists and started running after him.
 
I don’t know what or how it happened but I started laughing, too, while running after him. We were now circling the garden. Maybe because I was relieved that NOTHING really happened or maybe because the sun was shining brightly as if it didn’t rain last night. He looked like he was enjoying himself, judging from the look on his face - the laughter, the playfulness in his eyes and actions - as he was trying to get away from me.
 
I tripped.
 
Not that it’s surprising, really.
 
“Aish! Why are you so clumsy? Tell me how old are you again? Are you sure you’re not some six-year old kid trapped in that body?”
 
“No need to be snappy!” I answered.
 
“Who wouldn’t be when you’re so prone to accidents?”
 
“You’re talking like you’re the one who’s been hurt!” I snapped, inspecting my knee. Oh crap! I saw some tinge of blood. Without warning, he took me in his arms and carried me back to the house. “Ya! What are you doing?” I asked in disbelief, squirming from his hold.
 
“Don’t move or you’ll fall,” he scolded.
 
“Why are you so sulky?”
 
“Shut up!” he said. I was about to snap something back at him when he suddenly gave me a dangerous glare. I clamped my mouth shut. He went to the direction of my room. “Open the door,” he ordered. I followed. He stepped inside and put me on the bed gently. This is really one of the weirdest things about him, aside from the name and looks he got with Ji. It’s just that he looked so mean and angry and irritated right now but the way he carried me and put me down on the bed was too gentle, a contradictory to what his face looked and how his tone and voice sounded so harsh. “Don’t move,” he ordered again as he went out of my room.
 
After a few minutes, he came back with a box on hand. “You’re lucky Mr. Jang made sure this place is equipped,” he said as he knelt down in front of me and put the box down. He touched my knee. The moment his fingers made contact on my skin, I jerked away.
 
“Hold still,” he said. “This is just a small wound, it won’t be that painful,” he added. I was tempted to say that I didn’t jerk away because I was scared or because I was hurt BUT because there’s just something with his touch that’s making me- Aish! I shouldn’t be thinking about this.
 
“I know it’s small, so no need to be fussy about it.”
 
He didn’t answer but just sighed heavily. I watched him as he started tending to my wound.
 
“You remind me of someone,” I quietly said. Eventhough I don’t want to, I can’t help but remember Ji and the way he looked so pissed off and mad because I got myself hurt but always so gentle when it comes to tending to my wounds or helping me in any other way.
 
I watched Mr. Kwon closely and can’t help but stare in wonder at the way his eyes looked so irritated; how his jaw tightens; the way his lips go into a straight, firm line just like Ji. Ji do these things when he’s mad at me, exactly like this. It’s like Mr. Kwon is mimicking him. But his hands contradict all of it because he’s handling me like I’m so fragile, the way his fingers moved were softer than cotton, smoother than silk. “You really remind me of Ji,” I quietly said again.
 
“You already said that,” he said.
 
“I know. But I can’t help-“
 
“I’m done,” he suddenly said, standing up, taking the box with him. “Take a rest,” he added then turned around. He was at the the door when I called him. He stopped and turned his head.
 
“Thanks,” I said.
 
He smirked. “I didn’t do it for you. I did it for Chaerin. Let’s just say we’re now even.”
 
9:00 pm
 
I’m really thirsty that’s why I headed downstairs. After another silent meal with Mr. Kwon a while ago, I never saw any sign of him again. He’s probably in his room or out but who cares, right? I opened the fridge and looked for something to drink. I was about to grab a carton of juice when my eyes darted to the drinks aligned at the right side. I knew the bottles contained alcohol. I never really got the chance to drink; I mean really drink because Ji was always there, forbidding me. The memory of Ji made me wanna chug all the alcohol down because they said alcohol can make you forget for a while.
 
I wanna forget, even just for a while.
 
Just a while. . .
 
 
JIYONG’s POV
 
I heard laughter from the kitchen. I frowned as I was sure it was Dara since it’s only the two of us here. What is she up to now? Has she gone out of her mind already?
 
“Ya! Why are you laughing like a maniac?” I scolded the moment I entered the kitchen. But I stopped the moment I saw her. She was sitting on the kitchen floor, looking like a three-year old kid with four or five empty bottles beside her. I inwardly cursed.
 
“Oh, hey, you’re here!” she giggled, and pushed herself up but she was struggling as she kept on slipping, then she bumped her head against the kitchen counter. “Oops!” she giggled.
 
“You’re drunk!” I said in an accusing tone.
 
“Oh, no, I’m not drunk. I’m just, uh. . . .Hic. . .Hihi.”
 
“How stupid could you get? You should have known better than to drink more than you can take!”
 
“Aish! You’re such a spoilsport, Ji!” she irritably said.
 
“Don’t call me Ji.”
 
“Psh. Why? It’s your name, isn’t it?” she said, and started walking towards me but her knees trembled and she was about to fall down when I caught her in time. My arms automatically went to her waist to prevent her from stumbling while she rested her hands on my chest. “Where have you been, Ji?”
 
“I’m not Ji.”
 
“I don’t believe you. You’re just pretending, aren’t you? Stop lying already.”
 
“Dara-“
 
“Ssshhh,” she hushed me. “Can you still remember the time when you kissed me in your office?” she asked.
 
I groaned out loud at the memory.
 
“There was something in your lips that remind me of my first kiss,” she giggled giddily. “It’s really hard to forget first time experiences, don’t you think? Oh, do you remember your first kiss? Do you remember who your first kiss was?”
 
I didn’t answer.
 
“Can you remember it, huh?” she asked again.
 
“My first kiss was with my first love,” I quietly answered.
 
“Oh,” she mumbled, sounding disappointed. “Is she the girl you’re talking to your mom about? About a girl in the past? You see, CL-roo overheard you. Oh, oops! Haha. I wasn’t supposed to say that she shared it with me. Hahaha. I’m wrong. You see Ji, my bestfriend’s first kiss was me!! Haha! Weird, huh? I thought you’d say your first kiss was your bestfriend becausethat would be me!”
 
“I’ll take you to your room now.”
 
“No!” she protested strongly as her arms went around my neck. I shook my head.
 
“Come on, let’s go,” I said. She tightened her hold on my neck and gave me a dreamy look. Then, I saw her eyes looked down, AT MY LIPS, making me swallow hard.
 
“Your lips looked so inviting!” she breathed.
 
This is not good. This is not so good.
 
“I want to kiss you,” she suddenly blurted. My eyes grew wide with shock.