Sleepwalker

The Spiderweb of Love

 

Saturday - 5:15 am
 
“Tabi! Tabi Tabi Tabi Tabi Tabi!”
 
I jerked awake. I rubbed my eyes then opened them. “Dara? What the hell?! Are you planning to wake the whole town up?” I croaked.
 
“Hehe. Get up already! Do you know how to cook? I want to prepare something for Umma.”
 
“That's a girl's job,” I said.
 
“Come on, get up.”
 
6:15 am
 
She went to wake her mother up.
 
“Did you prepare all of this?” Mrs. Park asked.
 
“Neh, both of us did!” Dara answered. “Taste them, taste them!”
 
Mrs. Park chuckled. “Okay, okay. I will,” she said as she sits down. Dara put some foods in her mother's plate. As Mrs. Park spooned, I held my breath. Now this is really weird. When did I start caring on what other people might think? “Hmm, not bad for people who don't really cook. Why don’t you two join me?”
 
 
Later. . .
 
“I'll be back soon,” I heard Dara said as she and Mrs. Park hugged goodbye. Then they let go. Dara turned to me. “Tabi, let's go.”
 
I nodded then bowed to Mrs. Park.
 
“Take care!” she waved. We waved back.
 
As we reached my bike, Dara stopped me. “Aren't you going to visit your family, too?”
 
“Nah. They know I'm on vacation, so. . .” I shrugged.
 
“Oh, okay,” she answered.
 
I started the engine, gave her a helmet and pulled one for myself, too. “Ready?” I asked.
 
“Neh.”
 
2:30 pm
 
DARA's POV
 
We finally arrived at the resthouse. My legs and thighs were feeling numb as my muscles were all sore up. I guess this is the price of riding a motorbike for too long. I stepped down the bike awkwardly, removed my helmet and gave it to Tabi. “Tabi, my legs and mucles feel numb and sore at the same time.”
 
“Can you walk?” he asked.
 
“I guess so.”
 
“Here, let me carry you.”
 
“Oh, no, no no no,” I shook my head frantically. “I'll be fine. I just want some massage, I guess.”
 
“Let's go ask if someone knows how to.”
 
I started walking awkwardly, with my legs spread apart while Tabi was assisting me. Tabi opened the door. And the face that I first saw was Mr. Kwon's. His head was bent over something then he looked up. It wasn't really a pleasant sight. His face was so dark I feared that he can murder anyone. The moment he was sure it was us, he started walking towards our direction but then, Bom unnie blocked his way. “Ssantokki! Where have you been? And what took you so long?” she asked. I opened my mouth to answer but then she just waved her hand as if my answer doesn't really matter. “Ya! What happened to you? Why are you walking like that?” she continued. I heard a low growl. I frowned. I was sure it was Mr. Kwon but it's just that. . . it sounded familiar, like I've heard it before. I just can't remember when.
 
“Long rides in a motorbike are not really advisable,” I said.
 
“Oh, well, I bet you want some massage.”
 
I looked at unnie. “Well, yes, but wait, where are the others?”
 
“They're at the entertainment room, playing the dare game, or should I say CL and Seungri are playing the game. Ah, those two are so unfair. They always make sure that the bottle would point to the other. Aish! They've been competing at who does the challenge much better.”
 
“Oh, I want to join-”
 
“Dara you have to rest,” Tabi interjected.
 
“Oh, right,” I mumbled.
 
“Do you know how to massage? Dara's really-” Tabi started but got cut off by unnie.
 
“I'm afraid I don't but Jiyong here knows,” unnie answered. I looked at Mr. Kwon, who was being a silent lurker behind unnie, well except probably for the growl. He looked shock and surprise, giving unnie a peculiar look. I wonder why?
 
“I'm sure there are others who knows how to-”
 
“Scared of me, hyung?” Mr. Kwon smirked at Tabi. I sensed Tabi stiffen and it's never a good sign. I don't really want to start another scene right now. And I guessed Bom unnie sensed it, too because she suddenly grabbed Tabi's arm.
 
“Why don't you join the dare game, eh? I never reaaly saw you do a challenge since the bottle never pointed you before, it's really unfair,” unnie said. If there's no tension, I would have laughed at Tabi's expression. He looked. . . afraid of unnie. “Jiyong, carry Dara to her room. Come on, TOP,” unnie continued and dragged Tabi with her. Now this is weird. Why the hell is Tabi so stiffened up and not to mention, he didn't even protest. I was in that thought when I suddenly felt my feet off the ground.
 
“Ya! What are you doing?” I asked in surprise. Mr. Kwon had his arms under me, carrying me.
 
“Noona said I should carry you.”
 
“And since when did you follow whatever unnie told you? You and Tabi are acting really weird today, following unnie just like that!” I pouted.
 
“Are you sure this soreness is just because of the bike and nothing else?” he asked.
 
“Of course it is! What could be the other reason? I definitely don't know how to split and do ballet, so that's impossible!”
 
He didn't speak but continued taking the stairs in a VERY SLOW PACE. Again, I find this weird. I know I'm not that heavy, so what's taking him so long? I looked at him. Then my nose pricked as I inhaled his scent. He really smells good all the time, and a bit familiar. His scent is a mixture of fresh morning air, soft ocean breeze a hint of masculinity and iness, he also smells like home, weird, and then there's this scent that I'm sure I've only smelled on him. It's probably his OWN scent or something. ACCIDENTALLY, my eyes darted to his lips. It was slightly open and I can definitely feel the breath coming out from it. I discreetly sniffed it and the smell of it made me dizzy, it made me wanna lean in closer and breathe his breath in. Unconsciously, my head moved a little closer to him.
 
“Open the door,” he suddenly said, bringing me back to my senses. I didn't notice we already reached my room. I shook my head off, trying to erase the thought and obeyed him. He put me gently on the bed. “Remove your jeans,” he said as he stood up and went to the cabinet. I stared at his back with wide eyes. He was rummaging through my clothes. Then, he turned to me. “Don't you have any walking shorts?” he asked.
 
“No, I only have boxers,” I answered.
 
“Where are they?” he asked.
 
“They're over there with my undies,” I answered before I could stop myself. My eyes went even wider. “Wait! I'll get them myse-”
 
“No, stay there,” he dismissively said as he went to where my undies were. I don't know what should I feel the moment he looked for the boxers through my undies. Then, he went back to me. “I told you to remove your jeans. And don't give me that look. I don't have any hidden desire for you,” he said and threw the boxer to me, turning away. Inspite everything, I still obeyed. I quickly changed into my boxers.
 
“Why do I have to change?”
 
“It's more therapeutic if there's skin contact,” he answered, still turned away.
 
“Says who?” I asked.
 
“You ask too many questions.”
 
I pouted. I know that I've been quite used to Ji seeing me with only undies, but I don't know, I can feel the heat in my face. Well, probably because he isn't Ji. “I'm done,” I informed him.
 
“Get on the bed, facedown,” he ordered. I complied. Then, I started feeling his soft hands on my legs. I jerked a little but he seemed to not notice.
 
“While you're at it, why don't you massage my whole body already?”
 
“You're not really demanding are you?” he muttered darkly. Aish! Here I go again. I'm acting like he's Ji.
 
“I'll reward you,” I said. I heard him snort.
 
“What would that be?” he asked.
 
“Up to you,” I answered. He was quiet for a while.
 
“Where have you been?” he then asked.
 
“We visited my mother.”
 
I felt his hands paused. “Y-your mother?” he asked in a whisper.
 
I chuckled, starting to feel sleepy. “Why do you sound so shock? Do I look like someone who was born out of thin air?”
 
Then, I started drifting off.
 
 
JIYONG's POV
 
7:15 pm
 
“She won't wake,” TOP hyung announced. All of us were settled for dinner already, except Dara.
 
“Jiyong, why don't you try? Splash some water in her face or something,” Bom noona said in that authoritative tone of her. I looked at her, surprise. How did she know that would wake her up?
 
“Why me?” I asked instead.
 
“Well, because you're the only one who's not on good terms with Ssantokki. And we all know how she can get wild if she gets mad. If one of us splash water into her face, she will get mad at us. Since you're already pretty used to her wrath, you do it,” noona ranted. “TOP, sit down,” she then ordered.
 
I really don't have a choice, do I? I sighed then stood up, rumbling. Yeah, right, like you don't want to do this, the other side of my mind mocked. As I reached her room, I did what I usually do to wake her up. “Bom noona told me to splash water to your face,” I said the moment she's awake.
 
 
Later. . .
 
“Since this is our last night, why don't we play the dare game again? ALL of us?” Seungri suggested.
 
“I'm in!” Chaerin piped in, raising her hand and giving Seungri a predatory look.
 
“I'll pass. I still want to sleep,” Dara said.
 
“But-”
 
“Seungri, let her take her rest,” TOP hyung butted in.
 
“I'm in, too,” I suddenly blurted, making all of them look at me in surprise.
 
10:25 pm
 
I'm not really paying attention to the game as my mind was preoccupied with one girl. The bottle only pointed at me once, where I pulled a dare asking me to sing a trot song at the top of my lungs. It was funny, alright, everyone laughed. I did laugh, too. But after that, I turned sober. I yawned out loudly. “I'm pulling out,” I said, then stood up.
 
“Me, too!” Minzy seconded. We both headed upstairs. “Goodbam, oppa,” Minzy said as she went to the room she's sharing with Bom noona.
 
“Goodbam!” I answered.
 
11:00 pm
 
I heard a knock on my door. I pushed myself up and went to open it. What greeted me could have caused me a heart attack. “Dara! What are you-?”
 
“Ji,” she mumbled with eyes closed. She stepped slowly towards me then wrapped her arms around my waist, face buried in my chest. I froze. What the hell is this girl thinking? Walking in the middle of the night with only her bra and boxers on?
 
“What the hell are you wearing?” I asked a little breathlessly.
 
“Shleep,” she said against my chest.
 
“The others might see you!” I said, she didn't answer. I tried pulling her arm off my waist but she won't budge. I tried again, but to no avail. If the others will see this, we're gonna be in deep trouble. I started hearing soft snores. I snorted. I know for a fact that she talks in her sleep but now, it seemed like she also developed sleepwalking. After attempting to pull her arms off me again, I gave up and just hugged her back. A few minutes won't hurt, right? Just a few minutes. I felt the smooth skin on her back. Ah, this isn't going to be easy as it wasn't easy for me before. But then, she pulled back. I looked at her. Her eyes were still closed as was slightly open, then she started heading towards my bed and dropped herself there.
 
I shook my head. I put my arms under her knees and at her back, planning to bring her back to her room. “Ji!” she louldy said as I put her down on her bed.
 
“Sshh,” I hushed her and tucked her in. I want back to my room and closed the door behind me.
 
11:30 pm
 
I was still awake. I was staring at the ceiling for thirty minutes now. Then, I heard the door creaked open. Ah, I forgot to lock it a while ago. I pushed myself in a sitting position, wondering who it could be. I slapped my forehead and groaned out loud as I saw Dara AGAIN. Still with her eyes closed. She started walking towards me. “Dara, what are you doing here?” I asked, eventhough I'm not sure if she can her me.
 
But then, she responded. “Sleep,” she mumbled. She climbed to my bed and curled in a ball. She's starting to freak the hell out of me.
 
“Dara,” I shook her. “Come, piggyback ride,” I said. I know I could just splash water into her face to wake her up, but I didn't. And don't ask me why, I don't know either.
 
“Hmm,” she mumbled, sitting up, still with eyes closed. I positioned myself in front of her then put her arms on me. I then reached for her knees. She wrapped her arms around my neck a bit tightly, making me choke a little. I stood up and went back to her room. I sat on her bed with her still on my back and tried to pull her arms off my neck. But she only held on tighter.
 
“Dara, I can't breathe,” I gasped. She loosened a bit. Then, I suddenly felt her pulling me down with her with me on top of her and facing the ceiling.
 
“Ji's room!” she whined.
 
“Okay, okay!” I impatiently said and stood up with her still on my back. I went back to my room. She finally let go when I put her down on my bed. Aish! A sleepwalking Dara is A LOT SCARIER than a drunk Dara. I looked at her and wondered if she's really sleeping but then her breathing was even and she was snoring a little, so I guess she's really sleeping. Aish! She's really weird and one of a kind. I sighed. How can someone so little and fragile-looking can have this kind of effect on me? I lay down beside her, propping my head with one arm. Before I can stop myself and before my logical mind can protest, I leaned down to kiss her forehead, then to her closed eyelids followed by the tip of her nose. I paused for a moment as I stared at her lips. Well, it won't really hurt to kiss her LIGHTLY. It would be as light as cotton, I told myself. I reached for her lips and brushed my lips LIGHTLY, just once but I was surprised to feel her lips part. Okay, this wasn't part of the plan, but she reached out for my nape and kissed me back. Now, IS SHE REALLY SLEEPING? But I find this irrelevant right now. My body was now half-covering hers. My right hand caressed her bare arm as I deepened the kiss. Out of nowhere, my left foot kicked involuntarily. But I ignored it. Then, I suddenly heard a soft knock on my door.
 
Oh, damn it! I suddenly pulled back and covered Dara's whole body with a blanket. In my haste, I stumbled on my way to the door. When I finally reached it, I opened it a little, just in case. . .
 
I saw Chaerin grinned at me. “Did I wake you up?” she asked.
 
“No, not really,” I answered.
 
“Oh. The game's over. So, I just wanted to say goodnight.”
 
I smiled. “Goodnight.”
 
She tiptoed and planted a soft kiss on my cheek. Then, she chuckled and walked away. I watched her go. The moment she was out of sight, I breathe a sigh of relief then closed the door. I turned around. “Waah!” I exclaimed as I saw Dara in front of me, still with eyes closed and hands outstretched in front of her like a zombie. I did say she's scarier right now, right? I shook my head then pulled her back to my bed. “Come here little rabbit,” I said as I pulled her closer towards me. I put an arm under her head while my other arm went to hug her.
 
I can just carry her back to her room first thing in the morning. I think it's better if she stays with me right now, at least I can guard her with this sleepwalking thing. I don't really want her to wander around the hallway with a bra and a boxer on. Someone might see her.