Long Journey

The Spiderweb of Love

 

AUTHOR's POV
 
Sensing the tension, Taeyang suddenly stood up, putting a hand on TOP's shoulder. “Easy, hyung,” he calmly said.
 
“This guy's calling Dara indecent! How can I be easy with that?” TOP burst, pointing at Jiyong while glaring at Taeyang.
 
“I didn't mention any name, did I? You did.”
 
TOP suddenly advanced on Jiyong. He moved so fast that no one noticed he was already in front of the guy. He then grabbed the collar of Jiyong's shirt tightly. Jiyong's eyes sparked with darkness.
 
“Dara's not that type of girl and you know that!” TOP spat.
 
“Oh, really?” Jiyong raised his brows. “If she's so decent to you, what do you call yourself then?”
 
TOP's jaw clenched as his fists balled into tightly. He was about to give the guy a blow in the face when someone pulled Jiyong out of his hold. Jiyong gasped in surprise from the force of the pull. He whirled around and automatically received a slap in the face.
 
“Dara unnie!” CL exclaimed as she went running to Jiyong's side.
 
“I'm not going to say sorry, CL-roo. He deserved it,” Dara said.
 
“Err, I'm really hungry. We should eat dinner,” Seungri awkwardly said.
 
“Ooh, I like the sound of that! Foods!” Bom seconded, as if nothing happened. Bom started heading towards the house, followed by Seungri. Then, Minzy pulled Dae with her as she bowed down over and over again.
 
“TOP hyung, let's go,” Taeyang said.
 
TOP looked at Jiyong darkly. “Watch your mouth; because you insult Dara, you insult me, too. And the next time you insult MY girl, you'll be sorry!” TOP warned as he pulled Dara with him, with Taeyang and Hyun Seung in their wake. CL and Jiyong were left behind.
 
CL sighed. “Why did you say that, Oppa? Unnie was right, you know. You deserved it. You should say sorry to them.”
 
“No, I won't.”
 
There was an obvious tension in the air as they started dinner. Minzy was looking back and forth between TOP, Dara and Jiyong. Daesung, who was sitting beside the maknae was trying to be oblivious. Hyun Seung and Taeyang were on alert, in case the two would pick up another fight. CL and Seungri were the only ones talking and throwing jokes even if they already sounded pretty lame. The two were the only ones trying to break the stillness and tension surrounding the three people involved. Bom, on the other hand, was beaming at everyone, looking as if she's enjoying everything.
 
TOP was being extra attentive to Dara while Jiyong was eating furiously it seemed like he was eating the spoon, too. No one seemed interested to listen to Seungri and CL as the rest of them were lost in their own thoughts. Dara, on the other hand, decided to talk to TOP discreetly. She looked sideways at him. “You shouldn't have let your temper lose with Mr. Kwon. He's really like that. I'm actually quite used to it already,” she whispered.
 
“I won't let anyone call you indecent,” TOP whispered back, jaw clenched. “But if you're so used to it, why did you slap him?”
 
“He was insulting you, too,” Dara explained.
 
TOP smiled, looking amused. “Hmm. So concerned about me, Park?” he smirked, eyes turning seductive as he gazed at her smugly. His face was so close that Dara can see her own reflection in his eyes. Then, she suddenly heard a loud clanging of some sort.
 
“How can you expect me to apologize, Chaerin? They're totally proving I'm right. And they're doing it shamelessly!” Jiyong loudly said, causing a deafening silence in the table.
 
 
DARA's POV
 
I looked up. Mr. Kwon looked so menacingly dangerous. What the hell is his problem? I fumed. He is so getting into my nerves already. I was about to snap something back at him when CL beat me to it. “Kwon Jiyong, that is enough already!” CL sternly said. Mr. Kwon looked surprise for a moment.
 
“Don't tell me you didn't see that?” Mr. Kwon asked CL. “They were totally flirting with each other.”
 
“I saw it. But I don't think there's any problem with it since they're in a relationship,” CL calmly said. I was about to protest but thought otherwise. Then, CL turned to us, an apologetic smile on her face. “I'm sorry about this,” she apologized.
 
“You don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault anyways,” Tabi said.
 
CL turned to Mr. Kwon. “Oppa, please apologize.”
 
I shook my head. He won't do it. He won't apologize. Not him. But he surprised me as he looked at me. “I'm sorry,” he slowly said.
 
Bom unnie suddenly clapped. “These are really delicious!” she squealed.
 
11:15 pm
 
After the not-so-pleasant dinner, CL asked me to come with her outside. She went to the metal swing, I silently followed. She took a seat, I did the same.
 
SILENCE. . .
 
“I'm really sorry about oppa. He's not usually like that,” she started.
 
I snorted. “I'm used to it, so it's no big deal for me. It's just that Tabi's. . .” my voice trailed.
 
“Sensitive when it comes to you,” she finished.
 
“Yeah, I guess so,” I quietly said.
 
“Both of you are lucky to have one another,” she said. “And I guess I'm lucky to have Jingyo oppa, too.”
 
I just smiled. Then, another silent moment passed between us.
 
“Unnie?”
 
“Hmm?” I mumbled.
 
“I'm scared,” she whispered.
 
“Of what?”
 
“My feelings for oppa and his feelings for me. I feel like I'm being a bad person for wanting him so badly that I'll readily give up everything.”
 
“Have you told him about your feelings?”
 
“No, not yet. But I think he already knows about it. I've been thinking, what if. . . what if the girl I told you about comes back?”
 
“But we don't know if she'll really come back. And we're not sure if both of them have still feelings for each other. And like I said, you’re the present, she's the past. Didn't he say that the past should be forgotten?”
 
“Yeah, you're right,” she chuckled.
 
“I always am,” I chuckled back. “So, when are you planning to tell him?”
 
“I'm not sure yet. But one thing's for sure, he can NEVER run away from me.”
 
I laughed. “You are scary.”
 
She shrugged. “I guess my feelings for him is stronger than I thought.”
 
Friday - 7:17 am
 
I still want to sleep but I was so thirsty. I stood up with one eye closed. I slowly headed downstairs. After drinking a glass of water, I heard a voice from somewhere. “Chaerin, what are-?”
 
The voice definitely belonged to Mr. Kwon. My curiosity got the better hold out of me. So I slowly traced the source to my left. I peeked at the corner and gasped in surprise as I saw Chaerin and Mr. Kwon locked in an intimate moment. My eyes grew wide in shock. Did the world doubled up revolving? I felt like my whole world was spinning around me so fast that I started getting dizzy. I told myself to move back but my feet were paralyzed. Then, my surroundings spun around me faster and faster. The sensation was too much for me that I forced my self to move. From my haste of getting out of here, my feet tripped on each other, making me stumble down, making an audible sound as my body hit the tiled floor.
 
“Unnie?”
 
I closed my eyes tightly. Ghad! What should I do now? Ugh! This is not good. Out of embarrassment, I forced myself to stand up and looked at them.
 
“I'm sorry,” I bowed. “I didn't mean to ruin err, your moment but I was just going to. . . to a-ask if. . . .” I stopped as my brain stopped functioning, too. I blushed. What the hell's wrong with my brain? I need to make an alibi. And I desperately need it now!
 
“You're going to ask for?” CL urged.
 
“I told her to ask you if it's okay if we don't sleep here tonight. We're going somewhere,” a voice said from behind me. I looked back and saw Tabi. If only this isn't an embarrassing situation, I could have hugged him out of gratefulness. “We'll be back tomorrow,” he continued.
 
“Tomorrow?” Mr. Kwon asked.
 
“Neh,” Tabi answered. “So CL, is it okay?”
 
“Of course it-”
 
“No.”
 
All our heads turned to Mr. Kwon as he firmly said the word “no”. I don't know what made me do it but I squinted my eyes at him. “And who are you to stop me?” I snapped, and then turned to CL. “Thanks,” I mumbled. I turned to Tabi and smiled.
 
“Let's go?” he asked.
 
“Okay,” I answered. We turned to leave.
 
“Sandara Park! You're not going anywhere!” I heard Mr. Kwon said.
 
“Oppa!” CL protested.
 
I turned to Mr. Kwon. “What did you say? Huh! And who are you again to stop me?”
 
“Chaerin's father told me to look after you. You're my responsibility. If something happens, I will be held respon-”
 
“And do you think I would let anything happen to her?” Tabi butted. Mr. Kwon didn't speak.
 
I snorted. “Come on, Tabi.” I pulled Tabi along with me. As we reached the garden, I turned to him. “Thanks for saving my from embarrassment there,” I mumbled.
 
“No prob,” he answered.
 
“So, where are we going now?” I asked. We HAVE to go somewhere, right? I mean, Mr. Kwon and CL heard that we're going out or something.
 
“Are you on for a long ride?” he asked.
 
“Of course I am.”
 
He nodded and went to his bike with me trailing behind him. “Put this helmet on,” he said. I obeyed and settled myself behind Tabi as soon as he mounted the bike. The engine roared to life. I looked back and saw Mr. Kwon heading towards us. For a moment, I questioned myself if what I'm doing is right. But then, CL-roo appeared beside him. And that erased all my doubts.
 
I'm doing the right thing.
 
1:30 pm
 
After dropping by a few stops and resting, I knew we finally arrived to the place where Tabi wanted to bring me when I saw our apartment standing in front of me. “Tabi,” I whispered.
 
“I'm pretty sure you missed her already. And she misses you, too. Don't worry, I'll be here.”
 
“But I can't-”
 
“Yes, you can.”
 
“Are you coming with me inside?” I fearfully asked.
 
He smiled reassuringly. “No, me being not in there doesn't mean you're alone.”
 
I took a deep breath. “I'm not yet ready for this.”
 
“No. You've been ready for this for a long time.”
 
“But-”
 
“Dara, I know you missed your mother already. You should go.”
 
He's right. I need some quality time with my mother. “You're going to stay here, right?” I asked.
 
“Of course,” he answered. I nodded then started walking. “Dara!” Tabi called. I stopped and looked back. “I missed you too, you know,” he said.
 
“I did, too,” I smiled and walked again.
 
“Dara!” he called again. For the second time, I looked back. “I love you,” he said.
 
I was quiet for a while, and then I smiled. “I know,” I answered.
 
As I reached the door, I looked back at Tabi. He smiled and nodded, encouraging me to go on. I gave him a weak smile. I turned back to face the door, raised my hand and pressed the buzzer. After a moment, the door opened.
 
“Dara!”
 
“Umma!”
 
I threw myself to her. Then, I started hearing her crying. I really don't know how long we stayed standing at the doorstep, hugging each other. But it didn't matter. I was stupid to think that I can't face Umma. Hugging her now made me realize that I've been longing to see and hug her. For some reasons, I felt PARTIALLY whole again.
 
 
TOP's POV
 
I can't help but smile at the dramatic scene. I really at this kind of stuff, but since it involves Dara, I find the scene somehow . . . touching. I guess what happened a while ago was a blessing in disguise. As much as I don't want to brag about it, I just earned myself a few good points from Dara in doing this.
 
A while later, I saw the both of them went inside. So I guessed they kinda forgot about me. But I'm not complaining. They deserve some time alone. Besides, I don't really want to be an “extra” on their reunion. So, I guess this is much better.
 
3:45 pm
 
I saw the door opened with Dara waving brightly at me. “Tabi! Come inside!” she said. I smiled and walked towards her. “Umma said she's going to cook something special and she needs to go out to buy ingredients,” she chuckled.
 
“Oh, are you coming with her, too?”
 
“No, she insisted I stay. And you'll stay here with me, too,” she said.
 
7:00 pm
 
All the foods were ready. It looked like we're having some kind of celebration. The atmosphere was light. Dara and Auntie were exchanging stories, laughing every now and then. I'd throw in a joke once in a while, too. After the dinner, the three of us chatted again. For a moment, I felt anxious when Dara started telling her mother about CL, Minzy, Bom and Daesung. But then, she never mentioned Jiyong, so I started to relax again.
 
10: 15 pm
 
Dara was already sleeping in her mother's room. She said she wants to sleep with her, that's why. But I knew better. I don't really believe she's telling the WHOLE truth. I think a part of her doesn't want to go into her room because well, for obvious reasons that her room is actually like a living shrine of Jiyong. I looked at the ceiling as I was currently lying on the sofa.
 
“You didn't tell her the truth,” a voice said. I looked up and saw Mrs. Park looking at me. I sat up.
 
“I'm not really in the position to tell her everything.”
 
She sighed. “Thank you. I owe you a lot already. For finding Dara, informing me about what's happening to her lately, for not telling the truth and for bringing her back to me,” she said. “I guess I also owe you an apology. I didn't believe you can bring her back. I thought. . .”
 
“You thought only Jiyong can bring her back.”
 
“Yes, I did believe only Jiyong can make her come home.”
 
I sniggered. “I didn't expect it, either.”
 
“If I could change my daughter's heart, I would do that for you. But I'm afraid I can't.”
 
“I already know that,” I said.
 
“But who knows, we might be wrong again,” she smiled. “You're a good person, Seunghyun. I'm grateful that my daughter met you.”