Orders

The Spiderweb of Love

 

DARA’s POV
 
“Ji, you can’t sleep here anymore,” I said as me and Tabi had another argument last night.
 
“Whatever, Dara,” he answered as he buried his head in my pillow.
 
“I’m serious,” I said. I heard him chuckle.
 
“If you say so,” he answered.
 
“G-dragon!” I exclaimed.
 
“Sandara!” he exclaimed back.
 
“Aish!” I burst irritably then went to hit the back of his head with my other pillow.
 
“Oh, so you want a pillow fight, huh?”
 
 
Three minutes later. . .
 
I was sitting on the floor, panting as Ji was on the opposite end of my bed, obviously putting a distance between us. He was panting heavily too as he lied down lazily.
 
“Ugh, I’m gonna be covered up in bruises again tomorrow,” he groaned. I laughed. “You’re such a cheater, Dara. It was supposed to be a pillow fight, not boxing!” he added.
 
“No, I’m not. It’s not my fault if the pillow kept on slipping from my hands.”
 
“So you used your hands instead?” he remarked.
 
“You should have hit me with your hands, too,” I said.
 
He sniggered. “You know I can’t do that. And you’re using it against me.”
 
I laughed as I climbed to the bed.
 
“I’m serious, though. You can’t sleep here anymore.”
 
“And why’s that?” he asked, chuckling.
 
“Well, like you said before, we’re already grown-ups. We can’t do the things we used to do before. And you were right, I’m still a girl and you’re still a boy. It’s inappropriate for us to sleep in one bed.”
 
“Pfftt. Whatever. Ugh, my body hurts!”
 
 
JIYONG’s POV
 
I woke up. I looked at the other side to check on the little rabbit. But I didn’t see her there. I straightened up and looked around. And there she was, standing at the foot of the bed with her arms crossed.
 
“Get up!” she ordered.
 
“I’m already up,” I said, smiling. She rolled her eyes.
 
“Stand up!” she ordered again.
 
“What do you want now?” I asked, following her orders.
 
She then took a large box on the floor and gave it to me. I frowned at her.
 
“What’s this?” I asked.
 
“It’s a box,” she answered, suppressing a smile. It was my turn to roll my eyes.
 
“I know it’s a box. What I meant was what’s inside this and what’s this for?”
 
“All of your boxer shorts as well as your shirts and some stuff are there. I can’t wear your boxers anymore and like I said last night, no more sleepovers here. You’re not allowed anymore.”
 
I stared at her dumbly. “That’s a joke, right?”
 
“I’m not joking. I’m serious,” she said with a straight face.
 
“Why? Where did all of these come from?” I asked, referring to her attitude.
 
“I already told you the reasons last night,” she answered.
 
“I don’t believe you.”
 
She didn’t answer. I looked at her for a full minute then sighed. Why do I feel like she’s pushing me away?
 
~o~
 
DARA’s POV
 
“Can’t we move it to another day?” I asked Tabi.
 
“No, we can’t. Grandma is expecting us today,” he answered.
 
“But it’s Ji’s birthday celebration later. I promised I’ll be there. And I’m supposed to be there, I’m his bestfriend and I bought a really funny gift for him. I want to see how he reacts. And besides, the gang’s gonna be there, they’re probably expecting us, too.”
 
“You already attended all of Jiyong’s celebrations before and there’s still next year. I’m sure he won’t mind. He knows you’ve got other priorities now.”
 
“But, I-" I stopped as Tabi gave the look that says: “drop it off now”.
 
I sighed and took my phone out. Tabi doesn’t really want the others to know that he’ll be introducing me to his grandmother that’s why we never told them about it. But then, I must send a message to Ji, at least.
 
Dara: hey, happy bday! Mianhe.. I can’t come. Off to travel with Tabi 2 mit his grandma. Say hi 2 d boiz and Sohee 4 me
 
~o~
 
Ji has been ignoring me for a week already. I know it’s my fault. I know it’s partly because I wasn’t able to attend to his birthday celebration. I decided to give him time. And because I know he can’t stay angry at me for so long, I’m actually kinda waiting for him to approach me eventhough it was my fault. I just got used to it that way.
 
“Is it true then?” I heard a girl’s voice asked. I was currently in one of the cubicles of the school’s comfort room.
 
“Yes, I saw Sohee with Yosuk oppa with my own eyes a while ago,” another one said.
 
That made me stop from going out.
 
“And I heard it’s been three weeks since Jiyong oppa found out about it.”
 
“Aww. Poor him. And now, I heard that his parents had a huge fight two nights ago.”
 
“Neh. I heard about that, too,” the first voice agreed. “Ah, I still can’t believe Sohee chose Yosuk oppa over Jiyong oppa. I mean, Jiyong oppa is 100% better than Yosuk oppa.”
 
“I agree. Jiyong oppa is really popular, intelligent and really handsome.”
 
“Not to mention delicious to look at.”
 
“Ya!” the second voice squeaked.
 
“I’m just telling the truth,” the first voice answered.
 
“But he’s really looking down nowadays. And he’s alone. Ah, I would give everything I have for him to notice me.”
 
“Dream on. But you’re right, I’ve been seeing him alone and sad these past weeks. I’m really curious as to why Dara unnie is not with him anymore.”
 
“Who?” the second voice asked.
 
“Park Dara. She’s Jiyong’s bestfriend,” the first voice explained.
 
“Oh. Yeah, I know her. But I didn’t know they’re still bestfriends. I mean, eversince she went out with Seunghyun oppa, she doesn’t hang out with Jiyong oppa anymore.”
 
The voices slowly faded and I heard faint footsteps. I stepped out of the cubicle minutes later, when I was sure that I’m the only occupant of the comfort room.
 
 
Later. . .
 
I pressed the buzzer. The door opened a while later.
 
“What are you doing here?” he greeted.
 
“What kind of a question is that?” I asked.
 
“And what kind of an answer is that?” he asked back, grinning stupidly.
 
“Are you drunk?”
 
“No,” he denied. We looked at each other for a long time.
 
“Aren’t you going to let me in?” I asked as I surrendered in our stare battle.
 
“Why should I do that?”
 
I rolled my eyes at him. “Because I’m your bestfriend, you mutt!”
 
“Oh!” he smirked then laughed out loud.
 
“What’s so funny?” I snapped.
 
“Mianhe. I didn’t know I still have a bestfriend. I didn’t know you still consider me as your bestfriend. Actually, I even thought you’ve forgotten that a certain Kwon Jiyong is still alive, roaming this earth!”
 
I was stunned from what I’m hearing. “Ji,” I mumbled.
 
He walked away, leaving the door open. Well, at least he didn’t shut the door in my face. So, I followed him and was surprised to see a LOT of empty bottles of alcohol scattered all over the floor and there are even two or three dozen of unopened bottles in one corner. I saw Ji dropped himself in the couch as he took another swig from the bottle.
 
“You never drink this much before,” I started.
 
He sniggered. “Why? Don’t I have the right to change like you did?”
 
“What’s happening to you? Why are you being stupid?”
 
He didn’t answer. I don’t like this. I don’t like this at all.
 
“Just go home, Dara. I don’t need you here.”
 
Err, why did that sting?
 
“What are you talking about?” my voice rose. Ugh, no, I don’t want to cry! This is really stupid.
 
“Just go, Dara,” he said again and stood up, going straight to his room. I followed him there and was surprised again as I saw another batch of bottles on the floor. I also saw another batch of unopened bottles near his bed.
 
“I heard about you and Sohee and about auntie and uncle,” I said as I stood rooted to the spot in the doorway of his bedroom.
 
“Oh, you heard? Huh! Took you long enough to figure what’s happening, huh? You’re really my bestfriend!”
 
“Ya! G-dragon! Stop that! How would I know what’s happening to you when you didn’t even tell me? And I’m supposed to be your bestfriend!” I burst out angrily.
 
“Oh! So now it’s my fault? You, not knowing what’s happening is my fault? Don’t you go blaming me when I tried to tell you but you didn’t have time to listen! You were always busy because you’re always going out with that Tabi of yours! Tabi this, Tabi that. Tabi here, Tabi there. Tabi said this, Tabi don’t want me to, Tabi wants me to blah blah.”
 
“Why are you being so stupid? And why are you talking about Tabi like that? He’s your friend! And if that stupid brain of yours can remember, it was you who told me to go out with him! It was you who told me to listen to everything he says. It was you who told me to stop fighting with him! It was you who told me to swallow my pride!”
 
“Huh! Don’t use that against me because you never listened to me before. And there you go again, Tabi this, Tabi that. I’m tired of it. If you don’t have anything to say, you better leave. You’re free to go. The door is open. And besides, TABI might be looking for you now.”
 
“Why, you stupid little mutt! Why are you being such a jerk? And stop pushing me away!”
 
“You pushed me away first, Dara,” he quietly answered. The pain in his voice was clear.
 
“I did not!” I denied.
 
“Yes you did.”
 
“No, I didn’t, Ji. And I’m trying to understand that you’re going through pain right now that’s why you’re being like this, but-“
 
“Yes, I’m in pain!” he cut-off and stood up, going towards my direction.
 
“Actually, right now, the pain caused by Sohee and the possibility of my parents separating is nothing compared to what you inflic-“
 
“They. . .Auntie and Uncle are separating? B-but. . . they were fine a few months ago.”
 
“Close your eyes,” he suddenly said out of nowhere as he was now standing in front of me
 
“Huh?” I asked blankly. He’s really drunk, pissed drunk.
 
“I said close your eyes,” he ordered again.
 
“Why? What are you planning to do?” I asked suspiciously, my eyes turning into tiny slits.
 
He chuckled. “I missed that look. Now close your eyes.”