Shadowed Kiss

The Spiderweb of Love

 

DARA's POV
 
I slowly walked towards Jiyong. I heard the others gasped and I saw Sohee's eyes widen. I removed my digital watch off my wrist and gave it to him.
 
“Make sure it's just a minute,” I said then turned around and headed towards Gorilla's direction. I looked at his face, trying to discern something from it. But I can't. I can't see anything in his face. As I reached him, I clenched my fists tightly and took a very deep breath in preparation of what I'm about to do. I took a seat beside him and stole a glance at my bestfriend. Then I turned back to Gorilla. Ghad! How am I going to do this? Ugh, and it totally that I can sense the anticipation of the others building.
 
 
TOP's POV
 
My head unconsciously turned to the left side to face her. I saw fierce determination in her eyes. I know this is hard for her but knowing her, her pride won't let her backout. My heart doubled up as I saw her face drawing nearer. My eyes darted to her lips. I wonder how it would feel against mine.
 
All coherent thoughts were thrown off the wall the moment her lips touched mine. A low groan escaped from my throat as I felt the softness of her lips; tasted the sweet innocence in them. I wasn't able to control myself. I cupped her face and started kissing her “my way”. She obviously doesn't know how to kiss but it more.
 
Ghad! What's happening to me?
 
“Three.”
 
A distant faded voice echoed in my ears.
 
“Two.”
 
What does that mean?
 
“One.”
 
Huh? What does one stands for?
 
“One minute's over. Break up.”
 
Eh? What's over?
 
“Hey, stop.”
 
I felt a hand on my shoulder. It brought me back down to earth. I stopped and pulled back. I heard the others shouting with glee. I looked at Dara and smirked. She suddenly rubbed her hand on her lips and looked up. I turned my head to see who she was looking at. As I did, I saw Jiyong standing behind me, with one hand gripping my shoulder. Park suddenly stood up and went to the counter. She took everything her hands laid on and started putting them into angrily. I saw Jiyong followed her and tried stopping her.
 
 
JIYONG's POV
 
“What are you doing? You're gonna get yourself drunk!”
 
“I can still taste. . .Ugh... I need to drink. Where's the-? I need more drinks. Brush. . .” she ushered incoherently. She looked so pale I was starting to panic myself.
 
“Hey, listen. Relax. Look at me,” I ordered. She obeyed. “Okay, take a deep breath and release it slowly. That's right.”
 
“Is there something wrong?”
 
Dara's eyes widen as we both heard TOP hyung, who obviously followed us.
 
“I need to go to the comfort room,” Dara muttered and went away.
 
I looked at hyung with accusing eyes. “You took her by surprise.”
 
He shrugged. “Sorry about that. I wasn't able to help myself.”
 
My fists balled tightly as my eyes turned into tiny slits.
 
“Oh, don't give me that kind of look, Kwon Jiyong. You're a guy, you should understand.”
 
“She's my bestfriend!”
 
“I know. I didn't do anything wrong, did I? It was just a challenge.”
 
“Hyung, let's continue the game,” Seungri called.
 
 
Hours later. . .
 
We waved goodbye to Hyun Seung and the others as we headed to our respective destinations. Sohee was cheerfully recounting the party while I just remained silent as I listened to her. I know this is a little pathetic, but I've been waiting for hyung and Dara to start their usual bickerings. But NONE. The two of them were UNUSUALLY QUIET behind me and Sohee. I turned my head to check up on them. Weird, I thought as I saw the two walking silently, inches apart, both heads bowed down. I sighed.
 
We reached Sohee and hyung's house with no single sound from Dara and TOP hyung.
 
“Goodbam!” Sohee smiled and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.
 
“See you, bro,” hyung waved and went in.
 
I turned to Dara. “Let's go,” I quietly said. She just nodded.
 
 
DARA's POV
 
I don't know what happened. Or what's happening. All I know is that something has changed the moment I stepped out of the bathroom and joined the gang again. My eyes seemed to keep on darting towards Gorilla's direction and I hated it. And everytime my eyes darts to him, I always see him looking back at me, too. It was also weird how both of us remained silent the whole time we were walking towards their home. But what's weirder was Ji's silence.
 
“Ji,where's my watch?” I asked. He stopped and turned back to me without looking straight into my face. He took my wrist up and put my watch back silently.
 
“The year is almost at end, have you decided what to wish for already?” I asked again.
 
When we were kids, we started this little game. Everytime the year is coming to an end, we have to make a wish. We would place it in a plastic box, bury it in the hill, the spot where the two of us only knows. We dug it up again everytime we're going to add up a new wish. The person with the most wishes granted wins. We agreed to open it after graduation and see who the winner is. But of course, we can't tell each other what are those wishes
 
“Yes, I already have,” he answered a while later.
 
“How many of your wishes have you fulfilled already?” I asked.
 
“That's cheating.”
 
“Just trying my luck. You're going to let me win, right?”
 
He chuckled as he put his arm on my shoulder. “How can you change my mood that easily, huh?”
 
“Why were you in a bad mood anyway?”
 
He sighed. “I didn't like the challenge. And I hated the fact that there's nothing I can do.”
 
“Oh. But that was just a challenge. You're not in a bad mood now, are you?”
 
“Nope.”
 
“Good. Ah, how can you live without me?” I dramatically said.
 
“I'll leave you first so I won't find out.”
 
“Ya! That's unfair!”
 
“I'm just kidding.”
 
RIIINNGGG. . .
 
Ji took his phone out and answered it.
 
“Oh, neh, neh. . . .Dara? Wait. . “
 
Ji looked at me and gave me the phone. “Dad wants to talk to you,” he said.
 
I took the phone. “Hello?”
 
“Dara, how are you dear? Is Jiyong treating you well?”
 
“Ji's been very mean to me,” I answered.
 
“Ya! That's not true!” Ji protested. I laughed.
 
“I'm just joking, Uncle.”
 
“Oh, I'm gonna whack that Jiyong if he mistreated you.”
 
We talked for over half an hour. Uncle asked me about school, about Umma, about the gang and many other things. He said the conference he attended to has already ended and he'll be arriving next weekend.
 
“What do you want me to bring home for you?”
 
“I want a punching bag and boxing gloves.”
 
I heard Uncle laughed heartily on the other line. “Oh, Uncle, when will be Auntie coming home?”
 
“She's not sure yet. She said their team is still working on their research.”
 
“Oh!”
 
“So, is that all you want?”
 
“Neh,” I answered.
 
“Okay, pass the phone back to Jiyong.”
 
I passed the phone back to Jiyong with a grin on my face.
 
“Dad, if you could, buy Dara a dozen boxers. She's running my closet out of it.”
 
After the call ended, I asked Ji when will Dami unnie come home.
 
“I think she said she'll be here by December.”
 
I brightened up.
 
 
JIYONG's POV
 
I shook my head when I saw Dara's face brightened up. I don't know why, honestly, but my father and sister adores Dara to the bones. I'm pretty sure noona will be bringing a lot of goodies home for her. Another spoiled Dara is on the way. . .
 
~o~
 
I thought Dara and TOP hyung's “silent” war would only last for a night. But I was wrong. Another week is almost coming to an end but I heard nothing but silence between them. Hyung was also a bit distant from me this week. And I'm starting to get worried with Dara's silence. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.
 
“Aren't you happy that everything's seemed so peaceful now?” Sohee asked. Both of us were lounging in one of the school's benches.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked.
 
“Before, we always hear Seunghyun oppa and Dara unnie fighting everywhere. But now it's so quiet, so peaceful.”
 
I kept my mouth shut.
 
“What do you think's happening with the two?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
 
DARA's POV
 
I yawned out loudly as I slumped my way to the student's lounge. I'm planning to take a nap since I have a good two hours of free period. Ji's probably in the library again. Aish! He's already intelligent, why does he have to study that hard?
 
As I reached the lounge, I smirked when I found it empty. Perfect. Peaceful sleep, here I come! Bwahahaha.. I chose a perfect place to sleep on. I stretched out before lying down. I closed my eyes and was about to go to sleep when I heard an irritating voice I haven't heard for quite a while.
 
“Well, what do we got here? A sleeping skinny brat.”
 
I automatically straightened up. “What do you want now, Gorilla?”
 
“Who said I want something from you? I just came here to take a nap,” he shrugged.
 
“I came here first!” I hissed.
 
“So? It's not like you own this place, do you?” he sniggered.
 
“How am I going to sleep peacefully if you're here? I'm going to have nightmares now!”
 
“Too bad. I didn't know that you're easily distracted by my mere presence.”
 
“I am not!”
 
“Oh, really? Why do I find that hard to believe, eh?” he mocked.
 
“Well, because you're a no-brain Gorilla!” I fought back.
 
He smirked. “A no-brain Gorilla, huh? And what are you? The Princess? Well, thank you, your Highness.”
 
“Thank you for what?” I snapped.
 
“Thank you for giving your so-called no-brain Gorilla the honor to be your first kiss.”
 
“You're not my first kiss!”
 
“Oh, really? Who is it then, your mother?”
 
I opened my mouth and closed it again I repeated the action for a few times as I pondered on whether to say something or not. I must be looking stupid right now. Right on cue, the Gorilla laughed.
 
“You look like a goldfish. And a cute one, I must say.”
 
Is it the end of the world? What did Gorilla say again? Did mine ears deceive me?