Impulsive Acts

The Spiderweb of Love

 

DARA’s POV
 
“But-“ I protested.
 
“Close your eyes, Dara,” he said again with a hint of authority this time. I know that kind of tone well enough to not follow. So I followed him and closed my eyes.
 
Then, I felt his hands cupped my face. My breath came in a sharp swoosh as I felt his breath blew against my cheek. Then, my nose caught the smell of his breath. Odd. I can clearly remember how a drunk person’s breath smell, based from Yosuk sunbae but Ji’s breath smelled different. It was. . . it was sweet and strong yet so. . .
 
But wait, what is this stupid mutt planning to do? I wanted to move and pushed his hands away but my body was not being cooperative. I was so tempted to open my eyes, but I shut it tighter instead. Now, why is that? What’s happening here? Why is my body not following what my brain orders?
 
 
AUTHOR’s POV
 
Jiyong leaned his forehead against Dara’s forehead and let it be like that as he closed his eyes too.
 
“You know what hurts me, Dara?" he asked in a whisper. Dara just stood there, not moving, not talking. When she didn’t answer, Jiyong continued talking. “It’s you being taken away from me. Watching you being pulled away is. . . . But do you want to know what really pains me the MOST, little rabbit?” he asked in a whisper for the second time.
 
Still, Dara chose to remain silent as her tongue was tied inside her own mouth or probably because it won’t follow her “brain’s orders”.
 
“What really pains me the most is seeing that YOU’RE LETTING HIM take you away from me,” Jiyong continued as he let silent tears roll down his face. He shut his eyes tighter then let out an audible sigh.
 
“Why, Dara? Why did you let him do that?” he quietly asked. Then, he suddenly laughed out loud and leaned away, opening his eyes.
 
“Ah, I really am drunk already,” he chuckled. He started walking away from Dara to return to his bed. He dropped himself there and opened a new bottle of alcohol. “Sorry about that. I’m just. . . .out of my mind. Probably because of the alcohol and chemicals in my brain,” he said, laughing again.
 
Hearing this, Dara turned red with irritation. She had enough. She marched angrily towards Jiyong and grabbed the bottle out of his hand. Then with her free hand, she punched him straight in the face.
 
“Ouch! Ya! Why did you do that?” he burst out.
 
“Because you’re acting like a jerk!”
 
He scoffed. “Whatever!”
 
Jiyong reached for another bottle and opened it. Upon seeing it, Dara grabbed the bottle away from him again.
 
“If you don’t stop drinking, you’re gonna get more than that! Fix yourself!”
 
Jiyong sat up and grabbed her by the waist, encircling his arms around it and pulled her with him on the bed.
 
“You’re so noisy! It’s irritating! Stop shouting, will you?” he muttered as he rolled over, making the girl under his body. He leaned his arms on either side of her head to support his weight, not wanting to crush the fragile girl’s body. His head lowered as he planted a soft kiss on her forehead. He gave a boyish smile as he saw Dara’s eyes widen in shock but since she was not saying anything, he proceeded to kissing the tip of her cute little nose.
 
“Ji, don’t you dare!” Dara squealed which made the boy chuckle lightly.
 
“Stop me then,” he challenged.
 
An amused expression appeared on his face as he watched how Dara seemed to struggle with herself as closed and opened with no sound repeatedly.
 
“Where’s your courage now, Dara? You love challenges and games, don’t you? Remember, it’s how you started going out with hyung?” Jiyong smirked. Then, a naughty smile formed his lips as he didn’t hear anything from her. He looked at her eyes as he slowly lowered his head down. Another chuckle escaped his throat as he heard Dara whimper. He then kissed the both side of her cheeks and gave out a healthy laugh.
 
“Don’t be too assuming, Dara. To tell you the truth, I don’t really like how you look lately. I don’t like what I’m seeing in you right now. I prefer the old Dara. You were. . . cuter before,” Jiyong said as he rolled himself off her. Then, without warning, he started chuckling again.
 
Dara clenched her fists tightly as she heard another round of laughter from Jiyong. She pushed herself up and glared at her bestfriend. He’s really testing my patience! she thought grimly. She tried calming herself by thinking that Ji doesn’t know what he’s doing or saying because he’s under the influence of alcohol.
 
“You know what, Dara? I really find you not beautiful especially these past months.”
 
Dara’s jaw tightened as her eyes grew wide in irritation and disbelief.
 
“You’re horrible!” Jiyong continued. “Honestly, you were better looking before. Let me see,” he added as he propped himself with his elbow, eyes inspecting Dara. “Your hair looks like dried-grass, probably because you kept on blow-drying it. Your nails reminds me of witches, probably because you grew it long and painted it with nail polish. You eyes. . .” he stopped, contemplating, then continued, “your lips made you look like you’ve been eating greasy foods, it’s too shiny, probably because of the lipgloss. Your cheeks make me think you joined the carnival as the clown, probably because of the make-up. And oh, your outfits don’t really fit you because you’re too skinny for y clothes. And—ouch!”
 
Another punch landed on his face. She suddenly grabbed his arm and dragged him forcefully to the bathroom. She gave him a hard kick in the shins as he started laughing again.
 
“I swear, Kown Jiyong, if you’re not gonna stop laughing, I’ll kill you!” she hissed
 
“What’s so wrong with laughing, eh? Is it wrong to be happy, huh, Sandaya?” Jiyong asked, still laughing.
 
“I’M RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE ON YOU, G-DRAGON! DON’T YOU DARE CROSS THE LINE OR YOU’LL WISH YOU’D NEVER BEEN BORN! Now, take your clothes off!” she screamed.
 
Jiyong stopped laughing as he looked blankly at Dara, unable to comprehend what she’s saying.
 
“Eh?” he mumbled.
 
“I said take your clothes off!” Dara gritted.
 
“Why?” he asked, getting scared.
 
Dara can’t help but to feel smug and satisfied upon seeing how scared he looked. She was stopping the urge to laugh at how stupidly afraid Jiyong looked with him covering himself up with his arms. She can’t laugh and she shouldn’t. She should appear stern.
 
“I SAID TAKE YOUR FRIGGIN CLOTHES OFF!” the girl shrieked, making the boy frantically follows her as if his life depended on it. She watched him take his shirt off. She looked at him questioningly as he sat on the tiled floor.
 
“What are you doing?” she asked.
 
“Sitting, obviously. I feel dizzy.”
 
“Your fault. What are you waiting for?” she questioned. His head snapped up to her.
 
“I’m not waiting for anything,” he answered. Dara sighed impatiently.
 
“I told you to take your clothes off,” she reminded.
 
“I already did,” he answered.
 
“The word “clothes” does not only refer to your shirt. You have to take off everything!”
 
“No way!” he protested. Her eyes narrowed.
 
“WHEN I SAY TAKE EVERYTHING OFF, YOU SHOULD TAKE EVERYTHING OFF!” she shrieked for the second time.
 
The poor, scared boy followed the shrieking girl’s order eventhough he doesn’t want to.
 
 
DARA’s POV
 
"You’re really scary sometimes,” Ji mumbled a while later. I was now drying him with a towel, just like a mother does to her baby. I felt my cheeks warmed up as I remembered what happened. I totally lost it, totally gone mad!
 
Ugh! Why did I do that in the first place?
 
Honestly? I don’t know the answer either. It’s probably one of the world’s unsolved mysteries; probably one of nature’s unexplainable phenomenon. I mean, who sane person would do that?
 
A while ago, it never crossed my mind that it would be embarrassing. I was really pissed off and I wanted to get revenge, though I’m not sure if I could call that revenge. I mean, he made fun of me! He made fun of my hair, the way I dress, and everything. But ugh! It would be the MOST embarrassing experience for me! And it will always be for the rest of my life! Imagine, I gave Ji a bath! And now that I’m drying him up, it just dawned on me that it was EFFINGLY, FREAKINGLY EMBARRASSING!!!!!!
 
Waaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!
 
Why did I do that?!?!?!?!?!
 
I gave Ji a bath. I freakingly bathe him! Ghad! I was inside the shower room with him, bathing him! Me, with my school uniform on and he, no, stop right there! I don’t want to think about it! I don’t want to remember. But I didn’t really “look”. I mean. . . I was just there, working. Nothing less, nothing more.
 
It’s the end of me!
 
I’m done!
 
DEAD!