Unbreaking Rule

The Spiderweb of Love

 

SOHEE's POV
 
I saw Ji in a school bench, sitting alone with a book in his hand. I smiled and tiptoed to him. I covered his eyes and spoke in a deep voice.
 
“Guess who?” I asked.
 
He chuckled. “Dara, I know it's you. Why do you have to ask?”
 
My shoulders fell in disappointment. But I tried again. “You're wrong. Try again.”
 
He sighed. “Dara, you're the only person I know who loves covering my eyes, so stop pretending, will you?”
 
“I'm telling the truth, I'm not Dara unnie,” I said in my normal voice. My boy suddenly whipped his head around. He smiled upon seeing me.
 
“Sohee! Mianhe! I thought you were Dara.”
 
“I saw Hyun Seung sunbae a while ago. He told me to remind you about his birthday party tomorrow. He invited me as well.”
 
“Hmmm.. I'm kinda hesitant of bringing you along. You'll just attract too much guys' attention. And besides, the boys can really get rowdy sometimes.”
 
“Is Dara unnie going to be there?”
 
“Neh, she's part of the gang. But Dara is-”
 
“Then I should go, too. I think I can handle it. And besides, you'll be there so as Seunghyun oppa, so no worries.”
 
My boy just shrugged. “If you say so.”
 
“Ya! G-dragon!”
 
Both our heads turned around. I saw Dara unnie making her way to us.
 
“Hyun Seung said the usual game would be up for tomorrow's party. And oh, give me your pen, you don't have classes anymore, right?”
 
“Why?” Jiyongie asked.
 
“I forgot where I put mine and we have an exam later, so I need one.”
 
“Aish! You're so careless,” my boy said and started rummaging through his bag for a pen.
 
“Just do what I say,” unnie said nonchalantly. Jiyongie gave unnie his pen after he found it.
 
“Goodluck with your exams,” I said.
 
Dara unnie smirked. “A person with a brain like mine doesn't need luck.”
 
“Yeah, right,” Jiyongie sniggered.
 
“Whatever,” unnie answered and walked away. The moment she was out of earshot, I turned to Jiyongie oppa.
 
“Are you sure she's your bestfriend?”
 
He laughed. “I've been wondering about that myself for years now.”
 
 
HYUN SEUNG's Birthday. . . .
 
DARA's POV
 
I smiled as I entered the basement of the Jang's residence. The place was starting to get crowded. Since it's an open house party, I bumped into some people that I don't even know. The place was turned into somewhat like a “club”. There's a loud music pumping from the speakers; disco lights were flashing nonstop and a counter with drinks separated from the foods that are set on the table. I saw the gang in a secluded area, sitting in a semi-circle sofa.
 
“Hey, happy birthday!” I greeted Hyun Seung as I passed him my present.
 
“Where's Jiyong?” Taeyang asked.
 
“He went to pick up Sohee and Gorilla.”
 
Seungri laughed. "It's weird not seeing you and Jiyong hyung together. But what's weirder is that hyung letting you go here alone.”
 
I laughed back. “It's healthy to be separated once in a while,” I answered and took a seat between Seungri and Taeyang. “And I talked him into it.”
 
“How'd you manage that?” Taeyang asked.
 
I shrugged. “The truth is, Ji dropped me by first before going to Gorilla's house.”
 
Taeyang laughed and shook his head. I looked around. The crowd was dancing to the beat in the middle. The music is not as loud here compared to the entrance but my head unconsciously nodded to the music.
 
“Wanna dance?” Taeyang asked.
 
I looked at Taeyang then back to the dancefloor then back at him, who was smiling brightly at me.
 
“I don't think it's a good idea,” I answered, chuckling.
 
“I totally agree,” an irritating voice said behind me. I automatically froze. Then, Gorilla together with Ji and Sohee emerged to greet Hyun Seung. I smirked at Gorilla as he sat across me.
 
“Where's your girlfriend?” I asked. He didn't answer and gave me a fierce stare instead.
 
“Oh, did she have her eyes checked already?” I continued.
 
“Dara,” Ji cautioned, who was sitting in the middle part of the sofa.
 
“She's not my girlfriend, all thanks to you.”
 
“You're welcome.”
 
“Let's play!” Seungri suddenly piped in.
 
“The usual?” Taeyang asked.
 
“Yep. And oh, I added a new consequence!” Hyun Seung winked. He reached out under the table and took out a fish bowl with tiny folded papers in it. The others cleared the table, leaving only one empty bottle on it.
 
“Err, shouldn't we eat first?” I asked.
 
“Coward, Park?” the Gorilla smirked.
 
I gave him a deathly glare then turned to Hyun Seung. “Let's get it on.”
 
Hyun Seung proceeded in spinning the bottle. Everyone was excited as to who would be the first one to take up the challenge. The bottle stopped. Everybody's head me then they started jeering as the head of the bottle pointed at me.
 
“You know what to do,” Taeyang said. I reached out for the fish bowl and picked a rolled paper confidently. We've been doing this everytime someone's celebrating a birthday, so I quite know what the challenges will be. I smirked at Gorilla before unrolling the paper. My eyes widen in disbelief and my smirk faded as I read what's written on the paper. This must be the “new consequence” Hyun Seung put in. Ugh! This is totally ridiculous!
 
“What's your consequence?” Ji asked. I didn't answer and just gave the paper to Seungri.
 
“One-minute kiss.”
 
 
JIYONG's POV
 
I stared at Seungri blankly as the younger guy read Dara's consequence. I looked at my bestfriend and I saw her looking back at me. Obviously, she doesn't want to do the challenge.
 
“Guys, wait. . That's. . Let's give Dara consideration. . Let me take that challenge instead. You all know Dara hasn't been.. I mean, she never had relationships up until now.. so.." I stuttered.
 
“Rules are rules Jiyong,” TOP hyung said. “There's no backing out.” Hyung then turned to Dara and smirked. “Want me to teach you first, Park?”
 
Dara didn't fight back, which was really shocking.
 
“You can’t expect Jiyong to always give you solutions, can you, Park?”
 
“I don't think it's a good idea, either,” Taeyang suddenly said.
 
“We all know how the game works,” TOP hyung said dismissively.
 
“Hyung's right,” Hyun Seung agreed. I looked at the others and saw them nodding in agreement. Now what should I do? I can't just let Dara do that challenge! I was about to protest again when Hyun Seung spoke again.
 
“But I also agree that we should give Dara considerations, too. We'll be choosing the guy and she'll have the chance to pick whom she likes from our choices.”
 
“But-” I started but Sohee whispered in my ear.
 
“Seunghyun oppa is right. You can't always save her. It was her choice to join this game. She should face it.”
 
They obviously don't understand that I can't let Dara do that. I can't let him just kiss any random guy.
 
“We have to choose the guy carefully,” Sohee voiced out. My head turned sharply to her as my eyes squinted a little.
 
“How about that guy over the counter? He looked pretty decent,” Seungri started.
 
“No, he's a bit drunk. He might take advantage of Dara,” I disagreed. Seungri thought for a while.
 
“Yeah, he's kinda tipsy.”
 
“How about that big guy over there?” TOP hyung smirked.
 
“He'll ground Dara to pieces,” I dismissed as I saw how “chubby” the guy was.
 
“How about Minho?” Seungri suggested again.
 
“Minho's a playboy. He might take it wrongly,” I turned down.
 
“How about we just choose among ourselves? So Jiyong won't be worried that the guy would take advantage of Dara?” Taeyang suggested.
 
“That's a brilliant idea! I volunteer!” Seungri said.
 
“Fair enough,” TOP hyung agreed.
 
“Yes, we can do that. But the problem is how do we choose?” Hyun Seung said.
 
“Why don't we just let the bottle choose?” Sohee suggested.
 
Everyone else agreed. Seungri took the bottle and started spinning it.
 
“Let's see who the lucky contestants are!” Seungri said expectantly.
 
“NO WAY!!” both Dara and Sohee burst out as the bottle stopped and pointed me.
 
“You've got to be kidding me! I will NEVER, EVER. . . Not to Ji! No way! No, no, no. . ." Dara said, shaking her head over and over again.
 
“Yeah, I totally agree!” Sohee seconded.
 
“This was your idea in the first place, letting the bottle choose,” I muttered.
 
“You all know Jiyongie oppa and Dara unnie sees each other as brother and sister. And I'm oppa's girlfriend, there's no way I'll let-”
 
“You're overreacting,” TOP hyung interfered. “Jiyong is just one of the candidates Park is going to choose from. There's still one spot left.”
 
“Let's spin the bottle again,” Seungri happily said and started spinning the bottle again. I heard Sohee sighed in relief beside me. For the third time, the bottle stopped spinning. I groaned out loud as I saw where it was pointing. Uh-oh.
 
 
DARA's POV
 
What have I gotten myself into? Is this some sort of punishment? Why oh why is this happening to me? WHY?!? Can someone please tell me this isn't happening? But as I saw the awkward and fearful look on the face of the others, I know this is really happening.
 
“Spin the bottle again,” I ordered Seungri. The boy started reaching out for the bottle but was stopped by Gorilla.
 
“You were already given two chances, Park. You have to choose. It's either me or Jiyong,” Gorilla said.
 
Choose? How can I choose when there's nothing to choose from?
 
JIYONG- I can never kiss him! And I will NEVER EVER do that, not in this lifetime again and not in other lifetimes. He's like my brother already. The thought of me and him is just so unimaginable, unthinkable... Ugh.. I shivered as a memory flashed into my mind like a lightning. Not again! Totally disgusting!
 
GORILLA- my disgust is beyond words to describe. . .
 
But my pride and reputation is on the line here. What should I do? Ugh! I wanted to scream at Hyun Seung for putting that consequence in the bowl. But I can't back out now. I don't want to give Gorilla the satisfaction of seeing me acting like a coward warrior in the middle of the battlefield. My head turned back and forth to Ji and Gorilla.
 
“Time's running, Park. Choose,” the Gorilla said impatiently.
 
I sighed then stood up. There's no turning back anymore.