Strictly Forbidden

The Spiderweb of Love

 

DARA’s POV
 
I don’t know why but I suddenly stiffened. Eh? What happened? Oh, well, maybe I’m just tired? But why do I feel the hairs on my nape standing up? I looked back and found out why I was feeling weird. Uh-oh. I turned to Minhwan and smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry, I’ve got to go. The fierce dragon is here.” I turned to face the new arrivals. “CL-roo!” I greeted enthusiastically and went to hug her.
 
“Unnie, what’s with the hug?” she chuckled.
 
“I missed you!” I said without letting her go. I secretly glance at the new manager and I was satisfied with what I saw in his face. And to add more salt, I gave him a smug look as he looked at me. Haha! Served him right for thinking stupid things about me and CL-roo.
 
“Ms. Park, in my office,” the manager sternly ordered. CL let go of me and turned to Mr. Kwon.
 
“Why? What’s wrong, oppa?” CL asked. The manager smiled at her sweetly as he answered.
 
“Don’t worry, this is just a protocol for all the employees.”
 
“Oh, okay. Don’t be too hard with unnie, okay?”
 
Mr. Kwon just smiled at her and didn’t answer. Then, he turned to me, his smile quickly replaced by a frown. “Follow me,” he ordered.
 
“See you later, CL-roo!” I said, adding a bit of sweetness in my voice and I must say it gave me another round of goosebumps. I followed him quietly as he led the way to his office. He opened the door and motioned for me to come in. The moment the door closed, I felt like the air has been knocked out of me. Mind you, I’m not claustrophobic but I suddenly want to get out from this small, confined place.
 
“Sit!” he simply stated with all the hint of authority. He took a seat after seeing that I was properly seated. He was silent for a while, looking at his desk. Then, he looked up and I can clearly see the irritation or was it anger or something more in his eyes? “Are you really that dim-witted or you’re just plain stupid?”
 
“Ya! How dare you insult me?! You-”
 
“SILENCE!” he burst out. I saw his chest heaved up and down.
 
“If I remember it correctly, I already told you that work is work. No unnecessary flirting. If you want to flirt with that kid, do it after working hours!”
 
“I’m not flirting with him! And besides, you didn’t mention as to when those stupid rules of yours will be implemented!” I secretly smiled as he didn’t answer. Huh! I wonder how long will he able to keep up with that patience of his.
 
“UGH!” he burst out. “You are the stu. . .ugh! Do I really have to spell everything out to you? Those rules are effective eversince I’ve been appointed to be the café’s manager!”
 
“Your fault, you didn’t make it clear,” I stubbornly answered. Omo! Why does this scene remind me of something? Oh, right! This reminds me of how Ji used to get angry at me.
 
“You should be grateful for the fact that I don’t want Chaerin to get angry with me, because if not for that, I already fired you the first minute I became the official manager of this place!”
 
My eyes squinted into tiny slits. How dare him!
 
“Speaking of Chaerin, I don’t want you calling her CL-roo or hug her or any of that in the matter. You are to call her Ma’am or Miss Lee or Chaerin.”
 
“CL-roo doesn’t want to be called like that,” I informed him. He raised his brows at me. “I’m telling the truth. And besides, she likes it everytime I call her CL-roo. As to the hugging, well as you saw earlier, she didn’t protest or act violently against it. So I see no problem with that. There’s nothing wrong in showing your feelings to a person, right?”
 
 
JIYONG’s POV
 
This girl is on the edge of breaking my barrier lines. My patience is up to its peak already. If only the Lees don’t like her. Ugh! I remember the talk I had with Mr. Lee. He said that once the girl finish college and had the proper training, courtesy of me, he will leave this café to her hands. I questioned him about it of course but Mr. Lee said that Chaerin is not interested with the café. He also said that this girl got PRIDE and doesn’t want to accept his offer of paying her college education. Okay, I admit I admired the girl for that but her attitude is really getting on my nerves! Well, of course the Lees have something to do with it. I’m pretty sure the girl feels secured with her standing.
 
I looked at her. She was smiling smugly at me, but then I got irritated again as those eyes caught my attention.
 
SADNESS.
 
The first thing I noticed with her when Chaerin introduced us was her eyes. It’s just weird that no matter what expression her face wears, her eyes never changed. It always looks sad.
 
“Err, we’re done, right? I better get going already.” she said.
 
“Well, now that-“ I suddenly stopped. “Ya! I should be saying that.”
 
She rolled her eyes. “Err, so are we done?” she asked again.
 
I squinted my eyes at her then sighed. “Fine. Go.”
 
The girl stood up and bowed to me first before exiting. “Thank you for your time, Mr. Kwon.”
 
“No unnecessary flirting,” I said before the door closed.
 
 
Later. . .
 
“Oppa! What did you say to unnie? She’s acting really weird!” Chaerin suddenly entered my office. I frowned then stood up. What did that girl do again? Aish! She’s such a pain in the ! I went out to check it out myself. I saw the girl taking the orders of the occupants in table 12 seriously. That’s new. She usually had this big smile pasted on her face everytime she faces a customer. The girl is not smiling this time. I saw her turned around and headed towards the counter. I see nothing wrong but still I observed. Then, when she served the order, that’s when it finally hit me. She’s taking what I said TOO SERIOUSLY. She’s not smiling nor saying the usual “Here’s your order. Enjoy”. She’s not even moving her lips even a bit. She was also walking so stiffly and well, to conclude it all, she’s acting like a robot. This girl’s really pissing the hell out of me!
 
“Miss Park!” I called, unsuccessful from hiding my irritation. The girl walked up to me blankly, just like a robot. A real robot.
 
“Yes, Mr. Kwon?” she formally asked.
 
“Dara unnie, are you sick?”
 
“Miss Chaerin, I’m not sick, Miss Chaerin.”
 
“Ya! I told you not to call me Miss Chaerin!” Chaerin burst out.
 
“I’m sorry, Ms. Lee. I won’t call you Miss Chaerin from now on,” the girl monologues.
 
“Ya! Unnie, stop that! I don’t want you calling me in any forms of formal language. I prefer CL-roo,” Chaerin said.
 
“But Mr. Kwon STRICTLY FORBIDS me to call you CL-roo, Madam Lee. He STRONGLY ORDERED and STATED that I should call you Miss or Ma’am Chaerin or Miss or Madam Lee.”
 
Chaerin turned to me, her cat eyes becoming fierce.
 
Uh-oh.
 
 
DARA’s POV
 
I ran to the kitchen the moment CL-roo screamed the words: “GET INSIDE YOUR OFFICE AND LET’S HAVE A TALK!” at the new manager. Ah, I simply love her. The moment I was in the kitchen, I burst out laughing like there’s no tomorrow! Huh! The manager’s face was EPIC! Totally! I’ll never forget this!
 
Omo! His face was so funny!
 
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
Dara prevailed!!!!