Bizarre Events

The Spiderweb of Love

 

DARA’s POV
 
Date. . .this weekend. . .7pm. . .”
 
Aish! I covered my ears as those words kept echoing repeatedly. I slapped my head over and over again.
 
Aaahhh!!!!
 
I wanna die now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I rolled over the bed as I tried to erase the memory. Think of other things, think of other things, I chanted in my mind. I stood up and took my boxing gloves out.
 
Punch!
 
Punch!
 
Kick!
 
Punch!
 
I need to think of something. Something that would help me escape the upcoming disastrous even this weekend. Ah, I know! Since Ji gave me an ORDINARY bike for my birthday because he said motorbikes are too dangerous for me, duh! Maybe the ordinary bike can help me! I’m going to ride it and bump myself into a wall, then, I’ll be injured or something! That way, I have an excuse not to go to the this weekend! Ha! But then, I suddenly remembered Ji. I’m pretty sure he’ll freak out again once I get myself into trouble. Aish! I don’t want to be shouted at again. And I don’t want him to worry about me anymore. So, that plan is erased. On to the next plan.
 
Hmm, what to do, what to do?
 
Jump off the cliff?
 
Hang myself?
 
Slash myself with a knife?
 
Hit and run by a car?
 
Pray? But I haven’t been that good; I bet I won’t be heard. Waahh! Someone kill me right now!!!!
 
Pretend to be sick? That seemed to be a good idea! Hehe. That’s right. I’ll just pretend that I’m sick or something. I laughed. Ah, I really am a genius. But my laughter suddenly died down. That would be cowardice. I’m not that type of person. A deal is a deal. And I honor my word. So, I guess I’ll just have to go with it even if it kills me to.
 
I dropped myself to the floor, breathing heavily. As my breathing became normal again, I started to think of what will happen this weekend. Ugh! Why am I feeling nervous all of a sudden?
 
 
WEEKEND. . .
 
JIYONG’s POV
 
I was laughing at Dara when I saw how stiff she was. She looks like someone who’s been sentenced to death and she needs to walk herself towards it. She looked far worse today than the time hyung asked her out. She was too shocked that she wasn’t able to move or speak for an hour. Then, she suddenly screamed at the top of her lungs. Don’t get me wrong, but she really looks funny. And it’s nice to see her get intimidated once in a while.
 
“Are you sure you’re not coming?” she asked me, more like begging actually.
 
“No,” I answered, trying to hide my laughter. I don’t know what hyung was thinking when he asked Dara out but I’m pretty sure he just wants to piss Dara off. It would be really interesting to watch how these two would manage to go home alive later.
 
Then, we heard a rumbling sound outside. We stepped out to see.
 
“Whoa!” Dara exclaimed as she saw hyung riding a sleek motorbike.
 
“Have fun on your date!” I teased.
 
My mind is actually battling at how LONG Dara can endure the date. Right now, I’m thinking that she won’t last five minutes. Ah, it’s good to give Dara her own pills sometimes. It was her fault anyways. If she didn’t dare hyung, she wouldn’t be in this situation. It’s so rare to see Dara looking like “it’s the end of the world” for her. She brought me to many headaches already. I think I deserve a Dara-free day, but just for once, though. She’s still my bestfriend after all.
 
Five minutes passed. . .
 
Thirty minutes. . .
 
One hour. . .
 
Another hour. . .
 
Another hour and a half. . .
 
Now I’m starting to be worried. What if something happened? What if hyung was driving so fast? What if they were fighting and hyung lose his patience with Dara? What if. . . ?
 
There were too many questions in my head right now. I stood up and took my jacket, planning to look for them. I stepped out of the apartment when a light flashed across my face. I looked up ahead and saw hyung’s motorbike. It stopped in front of me. Dara stepped down, hugging something tightly to herself.
 
“Hey,” TOP hyung greeted me.
 
“What took you so long?” I asked.
 
Hyung just shrugged. “Time really flies when you’re having fun,” he answered then turned to my bestfriend. “See you, Park!”
 
“Bye!” my bestfriend chirped. My nostrils flared as my eyes widen in shock as I turned to face my bestfriend. Did she just say “bye” to hyung?
 
“Jiyong, I’ll get going,” hyung said.
 
“Oh, yeah. Have a safe trip home.”
 
I turned to Dara with accusing eyes the moment hyung was out of sight.
 
“What the hell happened?” I asked.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“You’re on speaking terms with him already! Can you explain that?”
 
“No, I’m not on speaking terms with him,” she answered defensively.
 
“Yes, you are. You just said “bye” to him. In a nice way, I might add!”
 
She rolled her eyes. “It’s part of his prize.”
 
“Oh!” I muttered, then continued, “What took you so long anyways?”
 
“We went to a number of places. . .”
 
“Places like what?” I inquired.
 
“Why do you sound like an interrogator? I haven’t done anything wrong, you know!”
 
“I’m just asking,” I said as I followed her inside their apartment.
 
“Fine. We ate dinner first. Then he brought me to the carnival, which was really boring. Then we went to watch a wrestling match, then we also watched a motocross exhibition. Then he brought me to the park.”
 
“Park?”
 
“Neh. He let me drive his motorbike around it.”
 
“And what’s that you’re holding?” I asked as I suddenly noticed the thing she’s hugging again.
 
She blushed lightly. “I-I won this in the carnival.”
 
I frowned a little when I saw she hid it behind her back.
 
“Is that. . .Is that a Gorilla stuffed toy?” I asked.
 
 
DARA’s POV
 
I turned over the bed. Then I rolled over again. I saw the Gorilla toy sitting in my bedside table. I sat up and leaned against the wall. I looked at it. It does look like him. I smiled.
 
Aish! I suddenly grimaced. I shouldn’t be thinking of this! But as much as I forced myself not to think of it, the night’s events kept on replaying in my head. Okay, so I was planning on some ways to escape him. But I was really taken aback when I saw his motorbike. I mean, I really LOVE to have one. But I didn’t abandon the plan of escaping of course. BUT then, when I felt the monster’s machine rumbling and vibrating under me, I can’t help but feel elated. The feel of the wind and the speed was something new to me. There was so much adrenaline. I’ve always wanted to do something new and dangerous. Maybe because I’ve been so protected all my life.
 
Then, we arrived at a restaurant. As much as I don’t want to take even a bite, I can’t stop myself. Everything seemed so tasty, so appealing, and so delicious. And the carrot slices were really BIG factors in my appetite.
 
Next was the carnival. Honestly, I don’t enjoy stuffs like that. But I’m a very competitive person. The Gorilla dared me with all the games there, so naturally, I stepped up to the challenge. And did I mention how much I love competing against him? I’m pretty proud to say that we were neck to neck. Huh! I even won the Gorilla toy!
 
Then there’s the wrestling match and the motocross exhibition. Ghad! I’ve been dreaming of watching one of those live! I admit that I was stunned in amazement just by watching those events up close. I was even shouting at the top of my lungs, cheering for my bet. I was smiling all ears after watching those two shows.
 
Last was the park. Ugh! Parks are really one of the boring places in my list. But surprisingly, I didn’t find myself bored in any way, probably because he let me drive his bike around.
 
As much as I don’t want to admit it; as much as I HATE to admit it and I’m gonna mention this just once. But I did enjoy the night out with that no-brain Gorilla. Who would have thought about that?
 
Waah! I shook my head and slapped my forehead over and over again. Stop thinking! I looked at the clock. It was already two in the morning! I stood up, pulled a shirt out of the closet and put it on myself. I stepped out of the apartment and went to knock on our neighbor, bringing the Gorilla toy along with me.
 
“Dara, what do you want? It’s two in the morning!” a disheveled G-dragon said.
 
“I can’t sleep in my room. Can I sleep with you?” I said.
 
He sighed. “Come in.”
 
My bestfriend went straight into the kitchen and prepared a glass of milk for me.
 
“Drink this,” he said.
 
I reached out for the glass and started sipping little by little as I was hugging the stuffed toy to myself.
 
“What do you think’s happening to me?” I asked. “I’ve never stayed awake this long before, you know.”
 
 
JIYONG’s POV
 
I rose up early eventhough Dara kept me awake for almost three hours. I have a mission in my mind right now and I aim to accomplish this before the day ends.
 
Okay, I was overstating. The truth is, I’m planning to have a serious talk with hyung. I just need to know what his SAY on this “thing” going on. I looked at my bestfriend who was sleeping soundly on my bed with the Gorilla toy. Then, I walked out and started heading towards hyung’s house.
 
 
Later. . .
 
I stood quietly in front of the house. I raised a hand to press the buzzer.
 
“Jiyongie oppa! What are you doing here this early? You didn’t tell me you’re coming. I’m really surprised!” Sohee smiled.
 
“I actually want to talk with TOP hyung.”
 
“Oh, he’s not here. He was gone when I woke up.”
 
“Oh. Where did he go?” I asked.
 
“I don’t know,” Sohee shrugged.
 
~o~
 
I find it odd when I can’t seem to find a perfect time to speak with hyung about Dara. But I’ve been observing the two, though. Just when I thought a lot of things are already weird, they even reached their weirdest points.
 
1. I noticed hyung staring at Dara most of the times.
 
2. They’re not fighting anymore.
 
3. They’re not even talking NORMALLY to each other.
 
4. Dara seemed to be always preoccupied.
 
5. TOP hyung always seemed so hype up everytime Dara is around.
 
6. My bestfriend seemed to be. . . behave when hyung is around.
 
Those were just the few things, of course.
 
“I think we should help them out already,” Hyun Seung said.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked as we were having our usual gang gathering.
 
“Well, isn’t it obvious?” Taeyang asked.
 
“What’s obvious?” I asked back.
 
“That TOP hyung and your bestfriend have a thing going on?” Hyun Seung, Taeyang and Seungri chorused.
 
“Oh, that.”
 
“What’s with the “oh that” reaction, hyung? I mean, it’s about time, right? Aren’t you happy for Dara noona? I mean, she looks really happy nowadays.”
 
“She’s not yet ready for that,” I answered.
 
I saw Taeyang looked at me knowingly, the kind of look that says: she’s-not-ready-or YOU’RE –not-ready?
 
“Dara’s still a baby!” I suddenly burst out. The three looked at me like I’m a crazy person and laughed.
 
“That’s really ridiculous!” Hyun Seung exclaimed.
 
“I admit it hurts me to see her ending up with TOP hyung, but I’ll accept defeat, as long as she’s happy,” Seungri cried.
 
“We should help them. It’s about time for Dara to be a girl,” Taeyang said.
 
“But-” I started.
 
“Hey, guys!” TOP hyung called. “Where’s Park?”
 
“She’s in the comfort room,” Seungri answered.
 
“Hey, where’s Sohee?” I asked.
 
“She said she can’t come, tons of assignments.”
 
“Oh,” I mumbled.
 
“Err, guys, I need your help, by the way,” hyung hesitantly said.
 
“Sure thing. What kind of help do you need anyway?” I asked.
 
Hyung looked at all of us first, a slow smile forming his lips. “I need help with Park.”