Inconspicuously Insane

The Spiderweb of Love

 

 

JIYONG's POV
 
“Did you really call the police?” she quietly asked.
 
“No, I didn't.”
 
“What?!” she burst out.
 
“Those three are stupid enough to believe me.”
 
“What if they didn't believe you? They could've pounded you to pieces!”
 
“Huh! Speak for yourself.” I scoffed.
 
“Promise me you won't go after them. You've got a clean record in school, I don't want it to be tainted just because you involved yourself in childish fights.”
 
I didn't answer and chose to remain silent. How dare she lecture about not engaging in childish fights when she herself had caused two troubles in just one night?
 
“Ya! G-dragon!”
 
“Can you expect me to just let it pass by like that?”
 
She smacked my head. “Aish! They're pissed drunk. They'd probably forgotten all about this by tomorrow.”
 
“Are you defending them?” I asked incredulously.
 
“No! I just don't want the others to know what happened tonight. Gorilla will surely laugh at me when he finds out I wasn't able to bring those three down by myself. So please, for my humiliation, let's just keep this to ourselves, okay?”
 
I grunted. She was more worried about hyung's reaction. Unbelievable! She's insane, totally. I suddenly felt her arms loosen its hold on me. Great. She fell asleep, just like before. Everytime I piggyback her, she always sleeps on me. Great, just great.
 
When I arrived at her place, Umma shook her head as she saw Dara sleeping on my back. I went to her room and gently laid her down. I removed her shoes and covered her up with blanket. I smiled as I looked at her face. She looks like a baby when she's sleeping, how cute. It would have been great if she's my real baby sister. Baby Dara. I chuckled at the thought. She would definitely hate me if I call her that.
 
“Sweetdreams, baby girl,” I whispered then closed the lights as I went out.
 
The following day. . .
 
As much as I wanted to confront Yosuk, I can't. Dara seemed to be always popping out of nowhere everytime I see the guy on campus. I know I promised not to start a fight, but remembering what could have happened to Dara boils my blood. But since Dara kept on popping like a mushroom, I decided to just observe the guy and watched out for Dara more carefully than before. I also didn't tell Umma what happened because I know she'd be worrying to death and for sure, Dara will be in big trouble.
 
 
P.E. Class- SWIMMING
 
There are joint classes in swimming: Class A with Class B; Class C with Class D; Class E and Class F. So basically, me and Dara share the same PE class. And it's not easy to be in the same class with her. I marched to the girls' locker room, feeling embarrassed as I searched for my bestfriend. Then I found her wearing a black trunks and a black-fitted top.
 
“Ya! What the hell are you thinking?” I exclaimed.
 
“What?” she innocently asked.
 
“That's my swimming trunks you're wearing!” I said, pointing at the trunks.
 
“I know. So?”
 
“Why don't you use your own? I gave you four swimming trunks before.”
 
“I made a mistake. I didn't know that I brought the school's free swimsuit. And you know I can't wear that.”
 
“But I didn't bring spare one!”
 
“Too bad. Here, wear this instead,” she offered.
 
“But this is a girl's suit,” I said in disgust.
 
“So, you see my dilemma? That's exactly the reason why I can't wear that,” she said.
 
“But Dara, I can't wear this thing!”
 
She sigh. “Well, I guess you just have to skip class.”
 
“You said so yourself, I've got a clean record. I can't skip class.”
 
“There's always an exception to the rule, you know. Just think of skipping class today as a heroic act.”
 
I was muttering darkly to myself as I went back to the boys' locker room.
 
“Ya! Who are you talking to?”
 
I looked round and saw TOP hyung in his swimming getup already.
 
“Why aren't you into your swimming attire yet?” he asked.
 
I sighed loudly. “Dara,” I answered. I saw him shook his head.
 
“I've got a spare one, here,” he said then threw some spare trunks to me.
 
I breathed in a relief. “Thanks!”
 
“I don't really get why you always let her get her way just like that. You're closeness is really weird.”
 
“She's my bestfriend,” I answered.
 
“She's a brat.”
 
“Don't let her hear you say that,” I warned.
 
“She won't grow up if you're always protecting her. She needs to stand on her own.”
 
“She's quite independent in her own way.”
 
He sniggered. “Let's see.”
 
I just shook my head.
 
 
DARA's POV
 
I was stretching with Taeyang when I heard someone whistled behind me.
 
“Nice abs, Tae, as always,” Gorilla said. “And, oh, look who's here. The skinny little brat.”
 
My eyes narrowed. “And what do we have here? A gorilla on the loose.”
 
“At least I know how to swim.”
 
Taeyang sniggered as I felt myself heating up. I'm not really a swimmer but I'm learning. Ji said I 'm a very fast learner.
 
“It's not that surprising really. I bet there's a lot of river surrounding the jungle where you came from,” I fired back.
 
“That doesn't change the fact that I know how to swim.”
 
“Let's have a race then! You'll see. I'm gonna beat you!”
 
“Ha! Is that a joke? You're never gonna win against me.”
 
“Don't be too confident, Gorilla.”
 
“Fine, then, let's have a race. At the end of next month. So you still have time to practice and prepare yourself.”
 
“Bring it on.” I smirked.
 
A loud whistle echoed, a sign that swimming class is about to start.
 
 
 
Later. . .
 
“Can you believe at how fast I'm learning all these ?” I asked Ji as we took a rest at the side and let the other students have their turn on the pool.
 
“Yes, I know you're a very fast learner,” my besfriend agreed impatiently.
 
“I'm a genius.”
 
“Who said so?” a deep voice asked. I rolled my eyes.
 
“Manners, Gorilla. You can't just barge into any conversations you're not included. Oh, I forgot! Gorillas don't know anything about manners, do they?”
 
“Getting offensive are we now, huh? Why don't you look at your own manners first before noticing other people's manners? I hate to break this down to you firsthand, but compared to you, monkeys are more decent.”
 
“Ya! What does that mean?!?” I burst out.
 
“I thought you said you're a genius? Go figure it out yourself.”
 
Ji chuckled beside me as I was left dumbfounded.
 
“Did that Gorilla just compared me to monkeys? To his kind??? And who's trunks are you wearing?”
 
“TOP hyung's,” he answered.
 
“Ya!” I shouted, suddenly pushing him away. “Don't go near me!”
 
 
JIYONG's POV
 
After swimming class, I quickly changed clothes. I'm going to watch a movie with Sohee. I stepped out of the boys' locker room excitedly and went to wait outside the girls' locker room. When I said I AM going to watch a movie with Sohee, that includes Dara. That's just the way it is.
 
Dara went out of the locker room grumpily, a very deep frown creasing her forehead.
 
“What's with that look?” I asked.
 
“Do I really have to go with you and Sohee? I mean, why do you always have to drag me along with your movie dates with her? You know I don't like the movies she usually picks.”
 
“And you very well know that I can't let you-” I started but she cut me off.
 
“-walk home alone. I know. Aish! You're just wasting your money, you know. I'm just going to sleep again.”
 
“Romantic movies are not that bad.”
 
She wrinkled her nose in disgust.
 
“Oppa!”
 
I turned around and saw Sohee heading my direction. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips as she reached me.
 
“Disgusting,” I heard Dara muttered. I chuckled.
 
“Hey, Sohee, what are you doing here?”
 
All our heads turned to the source.
 
“I'm going to watch a movie with Jiyongie oppa and Dara unnie.”
 
“You're bringing the brat along?”
 
“We always do,” Sohee answered.
 
TOP hyung turned his eyes on Dara. “Ya, Park! Why don't you give this two some time alone?”
 
I waited for Dara's snide reply, but her face brightened up instead.
 
“I've got an idea! Why don't you just give me the money and I'll go watch the movie I want? Then you and Sohee can have some time alone?”
 
“I don't think so,” I said. I know what will happen if Ill just let her choose the movie she want. She will surely choose an action movie and since she loves doing reenactments of the fight scenes, I doubt that the person sitting next to her would come out alive.
 
“Do you like to go with us Seunghyun oppa?” Sohee asked.
 
“I can't. Got some appointments with some important people,” he answered mysteriously. I chuckled.
 
“I'm pretty sure you'll be very busy later,” I said. Hyung just winked and walked away.
 
“See you Park!” hyung shouted
 
“Go to hell!” Dara shouted back.
 
“So, are we good to go?” I asked. Sohee smiled and nodded excitedly while my bestfriend grimaced at me.
 
 
 
MOVIEHOUSE. . .
 
Dara was snoring loudly at my right side while Sohee was giggling nonstop with her hands around my arms. I put a handful of popcorn to Dara's open mouth and laughed lightly as her snores mellowed a bit.
 
“The lead guy is really sweet and funny, isn't he?”
 
“Yes, it is funny,” I answered.
 
Sohee enjoyed the whole movie a lot. I did enjoy it, too. I'll enjoy whatever movie it is as long as I'm with Sohee. I woke Dara up when the movie was finished. She jerked awake and spit out the popcorn, coughing.
 
“It's not funny, G-dragon!” she snapped.
 
 
DARA's POV
 
I was grumpily walking behind Ji and Sohee as we were walking Ms-All-So-Cutesy home. I simply nodded at her as she waved goodbye and went in.
 
“Still in a bad mood?” Ji asked. I didn't answer. He threw his arm over me heavily, as always and started heading home.
 
Or so I thought.
 
“Wait. Where are we going? This isn't the way back home,” I stopped.
 
“I know. We're going back to the movie house, there's still time. We'll watch the movie you want.”
 
That immediately took my bad mood away. I grinned widely at him “What are we waiting for?” I chirped. I took his hand and started running, rather, dragging him along with me.
 
After the movie. . .
 
Ji and I enjoyed the movie a lot. Ha! I totally know a good movie when I see one.
 
“Have you seen the effects? Totally amazing!” Ji exclaimed.
 
“Yes! Totally! And I learned a lot of new maneuvers right there. I would like to try some of the moves on Gorilla! And the lead girl was totally amazing! She acts like a pro fighter! The way she took those guys down was. . . WOW!” I said in amazement.
 
“Why do you have to try it on hyung? You already reenacted a lot of those moves inside.”
 
“But you kept on dodging! How would I know if I'm doing it correctly? If I'm causing pain? Aish! Where did your common sense go?”