Behind the mask

Passport To Her Heart

You can listen to: Junsu & J.Lim -  Don't Go


-On the night of the masquerade party-

 

________ came two hours after the party started. Tonight she thought that maybe she can just observe the people there.

She made up her mind that she would not ‘reveal’ herself to friends unless they knew it was her, of course she told Siwon and obviously Seohyun and the other 8 girls from SNSD would know it’s her since she has one of their dresses on.

Key even passed past her yet he didn’t recognize her through that mask and smokey eye makeup. She looks ‘fiercer’ and more sophisticated than usual.

She had a drink in one hand while she held her purse in the other. She wasn’t feeling bored or alone, in fact she was amused with  seeing how these big named, ‘God’/’Goddess’ like artists interact with each other just like ‘normal’ people.

She was amused when she saw some of the choreographers having a dance-off with the lead dancers from the idol groups under the agency.

 

The others took photos of themselves with friends while the others kept stuffing themselves with the yummy food.

________ would see Siwon giving her looks obviously asking if she was okay in which she would assure him with a nod. She asked him not to pull her towards the guys since she just wanted to take a back seat and not start any unnecessary drama not attract too much attention with being close with the guys.

She thought she was doing a great job of blending in with the crowd but little did she know that she has caught someone’s attention as soon as she stepped inside the hall. He studied her eyes and the way she would break into a smile or small giggle.

 

________ checked her phone again and saw different messages from her friends, asking where she was. Key was nagging her to show up while Minho was asking her to save him from Key’s nagging ways. Kara’s Nicole and 2AM’s Jinwoon were also looking for her so that rumors won’t start that the two went together.

‘Fine. I guess I can’t hide forever.’ _________ thought and gave in to wanting to have fun with her friends.

She decided to step out to the dim-lit balcony first to get some fresh air before partying with her friends.  The loud music from inside could hardly be heard now because of the glass doors.

She saw down on of the cement benches there and took her mask off. She stared at the view in front of her. Seoul’s nightscape never ceases to amaze her, it always manages to make her think and clear her mind.

_______’s phone started ringing a minute after and Donghae’s name registered on the screen.

_______ contemplated on whether she should answer the call or not. She figured she might as well answer it because Donghae might show up at her apartment if she didn’t.

________ cleared before answering the call.

“Hello?”

“________ where are you? Are you at the party?” Donghae immediately asked her whereabouts.

“Uhm...me? Oh I didn't feel like going so I'm just walking around the park near my apartment.” ________ lied. He couldn’t obviously catch her, right? Wrong!

“Liar” _______ heard someone say loud and clear behind her back making her look around.

________ gasped as she saw Donghae’s eyes piercing right through her.

“Oppa?” She said almost like a whisper.

“Why are you still avoiding me?” Donghae asked as he slowly walked closer towards ________ while he placed his phone back inside his front pocket.

“I wasn't...I was just--” ________ was still finding the words but then Donghae cut her off.

“Then why did you lie just now? It’s because you knew I would be here at the party? Do you really want to avoid me that bad?”

“No. Look oppa, let’s just do the right and smart thing. Let’s go back inside.” _______ tried to step away from Donghae but he blocked her from going anywhere.

“_______, you know I like you. Even everyone knows how I feel about you. But you…you’re confusing me. I don’t know what’s going through your mind. How do you feel _______?” Donghae asked the question that he’s been desperately seeking the answer for.

“This is wrong.” She whispered and looked around them, thankfully there weren’t any people near them.

“What's wrong with having these feelings?!” A frustrated Donghae asked. He couldn’t understand her words or actions.

“I can't like you...You can't be with me.” ________ stated, obviously fighting the urge to show her vulnerable side.

“Why??!”

“Why?! There are a lot of reasons why we can't be together. You're a celebrity...an idol for a matter of fact. You deserve someone better than me. Another reason is that I'm leaving in a few weeks, what good would that do?” _______ answered back with the reality that she knows.

“With all those different excuses I can give you more reasons why you should be with me. I've fallen for you _______. Tell me you don't feel the same way.”

“We'll just hurt ourselves” ________ walked away after saying that but Donghae followed her not too far and grabbed her wrist making her stop.

“Please stop trying. Just…please don’t make this any harder.” _______ pleaded, she could feel herself growing weaker and weaker in front of Donghae.

“Then stop fighting it. Stop pushing me away.” Donghae’s hand that was holding on to her wrist went down to hold ________’s hand.

“This is crazy. This…us??! We won’t work. You’re Lee Donghae. You’re a lot to define and describe while me…I’m just—” _______ was about to compare how average she was compared to Donghae but Donghae didn’t let her finish. Instead he told her what she really was to him.

“The girl I love.”

________ turned her head away from Donghae, she faced the ground and the tears that she has been dearly trying to hold has now fallen.

Donghae placed one of his hands on _______’s face to make her look at him. It didn’t surprise him when he saw that she was already crying, what still confused him is the exact reason why she was. He wiped her tears with his thumb and leaned closer to kiss ________.

________ had her eyes closed. She allowed the feeling of Donghae’s lips on hers to linger for a few seconds before placing her hand on his chest to push him away. She freed her hand from Donghae’s grasp and walked fast out of the balcony, she fought the urge to run because of the stares that she might receive.

 

Donghae felt his eyes b with tears as _______ pushed and ran away from him for  the nth time. He wasn't even able to tell her how gorgeous she looked.

He felt confused, down and powerless. What was so wrong about him loving her? Should he really just accept the phrase 'give up'?

 

_________ wasn’t looking on where she was going and bumped into someone on her way out and she looked up to say sorry. She recognized the pair of sad eyes that was looking down at her, she knew she didn’t need to explain herself so she just hugged him and muffled her cries against his chest.

 

‘It was only a kiss, how did it end up like this.’ ________ thought over and over again. She was mad at herself for letting get lost in the emotion.

“If you're crying this much because you're trying so hard to push him away...then maybe you should stop.” Siwon spoke up as he handed ________ a cup of tea. He drove her back to her place and kept her company since she looked like she needed to be comforted.

“It hurts…” _______ mumbled, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

“You can't be crying this bad if you just let him in your heart, right?” Siwon felt so bad and guilty seeing her in this state. He’s also seen how she has affected Donghae over the past months.
“But weren't you the one who said---”
“I know what I told you before but I don't want to see you cry anymore. Giving in to what you really want can't be worse than this right?” Siwon hopefully thought and wished.

_______ looked down and weighed her options. She sighed before speaking up again.
“One more time. If he still isn't tired and persuades me after today then maybe I'll follow your advice…and follow my heart.” 



 

UPDATED FAST this week cause...well you should know why, right? Super superior Junior is back! 

THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR MR.SIMPLE KILLED ME! The guys were perfect but I still have my complaints about the set

I cannot wait for their comeback stages tomorrow til Sunday ^_^

 

Made a new twitter account for my spazzing / fangirling moments. IAM READY TO SPAZZ ABOUT SUPER JUNIOR'S COME BACK! *does deep breathing to prepare herself*

Stan with me?hihi: twitter.com/nlikeskpop

You can still / also reach me at my personal Twitter or Tumblr account.

 

I MISS THIS

 

~Comment Replies~

 

ColaSmackles: OMG!! GOOD LUCK! Do good bby! ^_^

MV Teaser was hot!!

Currently waiting for the presscon to start but I don't think they're streaming it live.

hihi Henry's a great guy & dongsaeng ;)

Tweeted you the link but I think they'll upload on YT rin later.

Love ya <3

kyuhaeyee: Hopefully this isn't bitin na ;)

AngelHae: hihi Here's the real update!!

MV today then 3 days of comeback stages!! ^_^ My heart will jump out of my chest.

Donghae will still be challenged with or without Henry ;)

glinkkiehyukkie: Haha it's okay to be vocal about being in TEAM DONGHAE.

We'll see if Donghae does something in the next chapter.

eunhaecupcake: Ooh I wish I can write the scene to feel like Romeo & Juliet.

LOL I can totally see KEY being hyper while the two are on the 'reserved' side.

jaeeun: Yay for Henry being such a great guy ^_~

She's like the offical friend of all of SMTown. haha

cupidzangel: YAY!! ^_^ Me too, Siwon's like really reliable I think. You can always ask him for advice and stuff.

Let's see if Donghae will still take the time and effort to convince _______ to be his girl.

I know, it should be perfect and easy right?

JessFallzFor15:  The Eunhyuk gif in this chapter is dedicated to you ;)

suju26kamz : Mochi is backing away for now but he'll get his chance if Donghae messes up. The question is, will she allow him? ;)

Yup somewhat dramatic talk :(

Loved the goguma couple :)

Samona: awww bby...you felt bad for Henry. I feel sad for the guys like him who end up in a love triangle T_T

Henry is so cute and active on twitter! haha Love him ^_^

anj_yesung: aww...love you too chingu! ^_^

I hope this chapter lives up to your expectation ;)

This chapter definitely had a Hae moment, unfortunately it isn't a happy one.

I think the gif's make it more entertaining too ^_~

SHERYLN: I'm a fan of the goguma couple! ^_^

Minho has tantalizing eyes.hihi

Maybe Zhoumi will piggyback Heechul and he'll surprise him with a kiss.haha

Updated fast, right? :)

StephyLeeDonghae: Me too! ^_~

Good thing that writing for you guys is my disstresser ;)

eunhyukmylover: I'm not that stressed anymore thanks to you guys + SJ's comeback! hihi ^_~

Let's go parrrty!! I actually looked how the colors would look like in google image :p

Siwon's loud green undies! haha Don't they wear their concept photos on their comeback stages too? haha ;)

THE MV IS OUT! woot woot! Loved the guys but feeling meh~ about the set.

Love ya sweetie ;)

celine_neji: How do you feel about what happened in the party? ;) Let's see if Donghae will still go after his girl in the end.

Awww...so happy you liked the last chapter ^_^ Wasn't really feeling that much.

I think taking a short stress-free break will be good before jumping back in the academic life. Hwaiting to you too unnie!!

Alina1225: Love Henry! Feel bad for guys like him who are in the losing end of a love triangle. Let's see if Henry did the right decision for the two of them.

Something did happen at the party, did you like it? ;)

 

Yup, they will be definitely willing because we'll be tempting them with food & clothes ^_~ hihi

gabie_16: They did realize their true feelings here but unfortunately no sweet moments yet :(

yunhosyeobo:  Well he sacrificed his happiness for his hyungs and hopefully that's going to be worth it.

I wish I was her! haha minus the drama. ^_^

LOL No Minwoo's causing enough trouble in my other story ;)

 

Oh, sayang. Anyway, marami pa namang yummy Korean food na hindi maanghang :)

SJ's Comeback daebak!

angel_min: I'll just keep Henry so that Donghae can pursue his girl.haha

Let's see if fishy will be able to get his chance to really be with her.

Hope you like this update ^_^