So close yet so far

Passport To Her Heart

A-Cha - Super Junior


–      One year later –

 

“What if we’re really just not meant for each other?” _______ sighed as she leaned back against Donghae’s chest. The two sat on the hood of his car as airplanes fly over them every 15 minutes. Sooner or later, that would be _______ on that plane flying over Donghae.

“Hey don’t say that. We have fate working in our side. I mean, think about it, what were the chances that we’d find each other in such a coincidental manner and connect with each other when there are millions of people out there? All I ask is that you don’t give up nor doubt what we have.” Donghae spoke sincerely as he gave ________ a tight back hug before intertwining their fingers. He closed his eyes and just enjoyed the warmth and comfort he had with _______.

“I love you.” He heard her whisper.

Donghae wanted to look _______ in the eye when he would say back the words he meant with his whole heart.

All Donghae could see after he opened his eyes was the cream colored ceiling.

“I love you too.” He still uttered even when he realized that he just woke up from another ________-centered dream.

There was never a week that passed by that he didn’t have a dream regarding ________. It made forgetting her impossible. Part of him loved those dreams since he was able to see _________ again, being with her even if it’s just in his dreams. The other part hated the fact that it was just only a dream. Would it really just remain a dream?

 

 

‘Oh my gosh. Seriously? I’ve only been in Taiwan for one hour yet I’ve already passed by numerous SJ-M billboards and posters.’ ________ didn’t know if she was complaining or not.

What were the chances that Super Junior M would be actively doing their promotions in Taiwan when ________ would be doing a language immersion in the same country? Her university was hosting an exchange – student program and other similar projects. She joined and volunteered to be an ESL teacher to young Taiwanese kids to give them a fun and interesting time in learning the universal language. She could have actually chosen to go to South Korea again and do the work there but she felt that life could get complicated again…not only for her but for the guys who would be involved. Who knew that this supposedly wise decision would backfire? Life really is full of surprises and it just makes you realize that it is a small world.

‘It’s just pictures ________. They’re not judging you or following you. Do not overthink.’ _______ told herself as she felt that their eyes, especially his gaze, bored to her soul.

She didn’t know if she would be happy or not to always have a reminder of them. She hasn’t completely gotten over Donghae and she terribly misses the others too. Now the job of moving on will be harder since she’s going to be reminded of them all the more.

Henry emailed her news about Super Junior M’s progress and activities before and she still gets updates from them yet she rarely replied.

_______ gradually lost connection with Siwon and the rest of the guys. She felt that she needed to stop this since she was only torturing herself.

She was itching to call or text Henry and Zhoumi as soon as she landed in Taiwan. They’re the ones she hasn’t seen the longest but she knew better. She knew it wouldn’t be smart to contact any of them.

 

Both ________ and Donghae tried to distract themselves after they separated. She stopped herself from calling her oppas just to hear them talk to her again and tell her that they’re not mad nor disappointed at her. She wanted to know if Donghae was doing alright because she knew that what she sees on tv isn’t always what it seem.

Donghae’s group mates knew better but to talk about or even bring up ‘her’ name…the one who made him smile and cry at the same time.

Key and ________’s other friends in and out of SM didn’t know what the real score was between their sunbae and ________.

At times Donghae would space out and his thoughts go straight to ________. Questions and what-if’s lingered in his mind. Saying that he missed her a lot would be an understatement. A part of him just longed for her while another part of him feels a bit betrayed. Didn’t he deserve a goodbye and a promise about their future?

 

 

“Woah woah woah. What’s going on?” ________ asked her friends who were in the same program as her. They were currently in the lobby of the hotel they were provided for and they could hear fans shouting from outside the glass doors.

“Oppa!! Saranghae!”

“Oppa! Wo Ai Ni!”

“Oh that. I heard that some famous people are filming in our hotel for a drama or something.” Fei informed her.

“Oh really?” _______ was obviously unaware of this.

“Yeah, aren’t we lucky? Maybe we’ll be able to see them or maybe we can get very lucky and be extras in the show if they need more people.” Bora hopefully wished since that would definitely make their stay more eventful.

_________ just laughed at her friend’s imagination...well she can’t blame them since her story would be also for those who daydream too.

She let Fei talked to the receptionist since she was still getting the hang of learning Mandarin. She only learned a few words from Zhoumi and Henry before and they weren’t really for practical use.

The girls soon finished checking in and got their key cards. The three made their way towards the elevators so they could go up to their rooms and finally relax for a bit after coming straight from the airport.

“What time is the orientation again?” Fei asked after she pushed the button with the arrow pointing upwards.

“At 3pm.” Bora answered after checking her organizer.

“Oh good we still have time to freshen up.” Fei answered back.

“Yeah, I’m going to take a power nap too.” _______ said and looked forward to resting.

The elevator finally opened up and the girls dragged their suitcases in with them before pressing the number button to bring them to their floor.

 

Two guys jogged towards the elevators, hoping to catch the one that they saw was still open…but unfortunately they were a second late.

“Should we just take the stairs?” Siwon asked Donghae after he pressed the button for the elevators.

“We’re late anyway so let’s just wait for the next elevator.” Donghae coolly answered as he took his shades off.

The two waved to the fans who were waiting for them outside…fan service that definitely made the girls squeal.

Donghae and Siwon waited for the other elevators to go down and fetch them but it seemed like the elevator that they was trying to catch up to was still the fastest to reach them again. The two got on the empty elevator and immediately pressed for their floor number.

Donghae tilted his head as he smelled a familiar scent inside the elevator, nostalgia suddenly hit him. He knew he has smelled that before but he just couldn’t point out where or who that scent belonged to.


I know I took forever to update this story and for that I really am sorry! Been pretty busy and stressed the past few weeks. 

Hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently now since my sem is about to end. 

~Comment Replies~

 

JaeSunHae_cy: He was just too emotional *_*

Here's your update :)

eunhyukmylover: Is she a nappeun yeonja? tsk tsk.

Kyuhyun still has his clueless moments.haha awww...I kinda miss sweet Kyu too ;)

 

Hope you like this chapter ^_^

jaeeun: 3 I actually had a hard time deciding if I wanted him to catch up on her too or not.

SHERYLN: Because it'll be more sad, painful and definitely more tears if they say goodbye?

Let's see how the ending will be ;)

yesungie: haha a lot of you guys are saying that I should have a sequel IF this will be ending on a sad note ;)

This won't be ending yet since I'm extending it a bit :)

 

awww...thank you! ^_^

Alina1225: Yeah, Donghae is still heartbroken 3

awww...hugging you and Hae too.haha

JessFallzFor15: awww...*cyber hug*

Yeah poor kyu, Donghae vented out on him.

AngelHae: haha is that a good or bad thing? :)

awww...well I hope this chapter won't make you feel sad anymore.

Donghae would have wanted that long-distance relationship but his girl wasn't too sure :|

ColaSmackles: MIANHE!! I hope you saw my late reply though.

hmmm...we'll see but I'm telling you now...there'll be drama ;)

 

Saranghae!! <3

redshuz: I agree, it's harder to let go of the person.

Donghae is still sad :|

Wow...that sounds delicious!! I wanna try! *drooling at the thought*

LOL I think you're the only one who liked that part, others felt bad for the maknae.

Samona: Yeah, that would have been definitely more painful and harder 3

Let's see if they will meet again...so close yet so far ;)

eunhaecupcake: Mianhe!! I do hope you saw my late reply to your comment though.

Haha people are either feeling bad for Kyu or annoyed with his comment and that he deserved it.lol

Actually I have no country in mind haha since I kind of want you guys to imagine she could be in your place.

Hope you like how things are turning out ;)

stephyjung: Yup, it's like a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation

suju26kamz: awww...let me hug you bby.

Yeah poor Hae and Kyuhyun.

You just have to stick around to see how this will end ;)

carla5: Don't worry not ending it here...not yet ;)

But yeah, Donghae is really affected by her.

SungGi: awww....*cyber hug* uljima.

Not ending it here ;)

anj_yesung: awww...I'm glad that I got you people to shed tears / cry a bit.haha Happy you guys are feeling the emotions of the story :)

LOL Poor Kyu.

Hope you like this update and yes...mr. chubby cheeks will show up sooner or later ;)

myfishyx: We'll see how this will end for the couple ;)

cassie10: YAY new reader!! Hi! :)

glinkkiehyukkie: There'll be more drama though :|

lilrockstar: Hope you like this update ;)

860404 : Haha why?

Don't worry it's not ending yet and now there's a big possibility that they'll see each other ;)

goddess_JD: Let's see how you guys will end up ;)

celine_neji: You know I just can't end it like that unnie ;)

Just gave them a one year break  :)

Let's see if there'll be an epic reunion happening soon ^_~