Something special

Passport To Her Heart

French Toast - J & Urban Humming Stereo

 

Donghae planted a soft kiss on his wife's forehead before moving quietly away from the bed. He got up earlier than usual to prepare a little something for today's special day. 

Of course he's thankful for the date since it was the day that his wife, his soulmate was born. 

His plan on how to start the day may be a bit simple to others but at least he's pouring effort and love, something that the birthday celebrant would surely appreciate.

 

_______ gradually woke up as she heard a gorgeous voice singing near her. Best wake up alarm, right?

_______ rubbed her eyes and yawned as she tried to fully get out of that half-asleep stage.

“Happy Birthday yeobo!” Donghae greeted her with a bit of a hyper manner, showering her face with pop kisses.

“Don’t remind me oppa. I am so old!” _______ hid her face under the blanket.

“Yah, if you’re old then what am I?! Ancient? Vintage?” Donghae childishly replied as he pulled the cover off ______ and helped her sit up.

“Cake for breakfast?” _______ asked with a giggle as she saw Donghae get the cake that had lit up candles from the tray.

“Nope, we can save this for later…unless you want a sweet treat in the morning. By the way, I let you sleep in so technically it’s not morning already. It’s already noon my love.” Donghae told his wife as he got the polaroid camera from the bedside table to take a photo of _______ blowing the candles off.

“Is it even possible?” Donghae spoke softly as he gazed at ________.   

“What?” She asked, confused with his words.

“That you are more beautiful than a decade ago.” ________ rolled her eyes but still blushed.

“Why don’t you believe me when I compliment you? You look as lovely as the first time I met you, okay? Every day when I open my eyes and see you lying next to me makes me feel like every waking moment feels like the first.”

________ didn’t know how to respond to Donghae so she just used body language to talk. She wrapped her arms tight around Donghae, making him feel the fast rhythm of her heart. Yes, after all these years he still makes her heart beat accelerate. ________ looked up and reached for Donghae’s lips. Nothing like a sweet kiss to kick start the day, right?

“Now come on, you should get up and wash up. I’m in the middle of making lunch.” Donghae said as he got up from the bed and got the cake again to place it back inside the fridge.

After fixing herself, _______ helped Donghae in finishing what he was cooking.

In the middle of eating, _______ received a call from Yoonji, who was currently out of the country for an internship. Aiden, on the other hand was staying at the apartment he shares with Yuna since she just gave birth days ago. _______ didn’t want to trouble the two and told them that she’ll just pay a visit. She knows how tiring and sleep-deprived one can be when a baby enters into the picture.

The two enjoyed the cake that Donghae showed ________ earlier, they even had an eating contest on who could finish their slice first by using only chopsticks.

After eating, ________ wanted to help Donghae clean up but he didn’t let her. Instead, he just asked her to give him a back-hug and scratch his back since his hands were wet.

“A little bit to the right…now up, more. There! That’s the spot.” Donghae was obviously relieved making ________ laugh, teasing him that he acted and sounded like a harabeoji.

 

“So…where and what do you want for your birthday? Do you want to travel? Go out on a date tonight? Shopping?” Donghae asked as he and ________ just lay back on the bed after gardening and finishing replying to the birthday greetings that she received.

“Anywhere with you is fine with me.” _______ replied back as she just remained cozy next to Donghae.

“Hmmm…” Donghae was in the middle of thinking when a thunder suddenly startled the two of them. Donghae stood up and raised the blinds to look out and check the weather. True enough, rain was splatting against their window pane.

He went back to where ________ is before voicing out what he had in mind.

“Since our kids aren’t home and it is cold. Then I want what any other man would want at a night like this.” Donghae slyly said making _______ jump into conclusions as to what her hubby wants.

“I want to cuddle with you and we can check out what movies are showing on the TV.”

________ rolled her eyes. Okay, she’s guilty. His answer was so far innocent compared to what she had in mind.

________ was in charge of their snacks so she placed microwavable popcorn pouches inside the microwave and made a glass of iced tea and lemonade while Donghae arranged the throw pillows and looked for a thin soft blanket they could use.

With everything ready, the two cuddled on the couch, the blanket covering half of their bodies, their drinks on the side table while the popcorn was in between them. They settled on watching ‘The Vow’ that had Korean subtitles. They shared a big bucket of popcorn as they immersed themselves in watching the romantic drama ‘chick flick’ movie.

Donghae would sometimes catch and hold _______’s hand when both of their hands would coincidentally get from the popcorn bowl.

“Why is this so sad?” Donghae mumbled as he used the back of his sleeves to wipe his tears. Yes, the movie was not only making his wife cry, but also Donghae.

 

When the movie ended, Donghae went to the bathroom to splash water on his face and brush his teeth. When he was there, ________ followed and leaned on the side of the doorway.

“How did you know that I was the one? That I was worth all the trouble?” She asked out of nowhere. Maybe it was the after effect of watching such a movie.
Donghae patted his face day with a face towel before turning around to face _______.

“My instinct, my heart, my brain, everything in my whole being just pointed it out. It was like a big universal signal telling me that you were the woman I needed to complete me.” He answered sincerely, with no hesitations whatsoever.

“Thank you for everything. I know you hear it a lot but…I really do love you.” ________ answered back to the love of her life.

Donghae smiled and walked closer to _______. She thought he was going to hug or kiss her, but to her surprise he actually carried her and brought her to their balcony.

“Oppa it’s still raining! We’re getting wet.” ________ protested but Donghae just held her in place even when the heavy rain drops were hitting them.

“I just realized that we haven’t kissed in the rain.” Donghae suddenly said and before _______ can even react, he moved his lips smoothly against hers. Leave it up to Donghae to think and do crazy yet very sweet, loving ‘movie-like’ gestures.

________ let herself get lost in the kiss as she wrapped her arms around Donghae. Their ages may be considered ‘old’ but the two are still very much young at heart.

She suddenly thought back of the Super Junior reunion concert that was held years ago where in Donghae spoke to her in front of thousands of people. “You’re the epitome of a song that I’ve wanted to write…the lyrics I needed to complete my life’s melody.”

She found love in Donghae. He was her protector and provider with absolutely anything.

The love and happiness that they brought into each other’s life is beyond measure.


 


 

Just a little something extra for my lovely readers!!