Surprises

Passport To Her Heart

You & I - IU


“Do you really have to leave?” The young girl held on her teacher’s arm tightly, not wanting to let go.

“Yes sweetie, I’m sad and I don’t want to but I’ll try to visit you all again very soon.” ________ tried to stop her tears as she was saying her goodbyes to her class. The kids really made her smile and made her trip so worth it, she was glad that she joined the volunteer program.

Even if her sudden leave surprised everybody, her professor, the school officials and the program head understood her. After all, they should still be thankful for her because she gave up her leisure time to volunteer to teach in a different country.

The school had a small goodbye party for the young lady in which she was able to enjoy with her co-workers.

Her last walk around the school’s premises made her remember the good and the bad moments she had in the school.

 

Later that day, ________ went back to her place with her girl friends to make the most out of her remaining days in Taiwan. Little did she know that there was a surprise send-off party waiting for her in the other end of the door. 

“Did you see the looks your students had earlier? So heartbreaking.” Bora dramatically recalled as ________ opened the door to her unit.

________ stepped back in shock when the lights suddenly lit up and people jumped up and shouted “Surprise _______!”

Her Super Junior oppas plus Ivy happily greeted _______. Her close group of friends coordinated with each other to plan that simple but sweet event for her.

“Thank you for taking your time in preparing this mini gathering for me. You all are friends that I would cherish forever.” _______ hugged each one who was present in the room.

________ took photos with all of her friends and ate yummy food with them. After a while, people started to separate from the big circle so that they could talk to one another in a deeper, more personal level.

________ smiled as she saw her girl friends mingle with her guy friends…Bora was talking to Eunhyuk, while Fei talked to Zhoumi and Jia with Sungmin. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were in charge of the food, Ryeowook made sure that the food tasted well while Kyuhyun just kept eating, not letting anything go to waste.

________ grinned and got even happier as she observed Henry and Ivy looking so close to each other. Ivy and Henry were in a whole different world as they talked only to each other on the couch. It was as if they didn’t care about anyone else in the room.

________ snapped out of her thoughts when Siwon placed his arm around her shoulder and shot her a smile.

“He’s not coming is he?” ________ asked softly.

Of course there is only one ‘he’ that is missing, the one that _______ would care to ask about. Siwon nodded his head, feeling slightly guilty.

“Don’t worry. I understand.” She tried to make Siwon feel better as she also tried to cheer herself up.

“Can you follow me oppa?” _______ told Siwon and led him to her bedroom. She opened the drawer of her bedside table and brought out something before turning back to Siwon.

“Here…uhm, here’s my journal for the past year. I wrote here on days that I missed Donghae oppa the most, those moments that I reminisced about him specially. Every entry is different, there are letters for him, me writing to myself and the likes. Please give it to him and see if he’ll read it. Oh and I think you’ll have to translate some of the pages for him.”  _______ then handed over the black notebook to Siwon in which he held with great care.

“I promise I will give it to him as soon as I see him. In fact, I’ll even promise to force him to read it or I’ll read it to him like a bedtime story or while he’s sleeping or showering, whenever opportunity arises I’ll be on it.” Siwon vowed to his dongsaeng.

“That’s creepy.” She commented with a small laugh.

Siwon reacted with a gasp “How can you call Shisus creepy?”

________ just laughed at Siwon before seriously thanking him for everything that he has done for her.

“You know I’m always here. I just wish I could have done more for you.” Siwon apologetically told ________.

“I know you’ve done everything for me and I can’t be anymore grateful. You’re really a big brother to me, you always look out for me and I can only hope that I was able to do something that helped you in anyway.”

The two hugged, not knowing when they will be able to see each other again. _______ then asked for Siwon to send Henry in the room so she could talk to him.

“Hey, is it okay that I borrow you for a minute from Ivy?” _______ jokingly asked Henry as soon as he entered the room. Henry rolled his eyes at her before sitting next to her on the bed.

“What’s up?”

“Well this is the part that I say good bye to each of you, you know with a little speech and all.” ________ answered back, talking to him in English which they’re both most comfortable in.

“I just wanted to tell you again that I am thankful to you. Thank you for accepting me to still be your friend despite everything. You’re such a wonderful guy Henry and I will be so so happy if my wonderful best friend will be in a relationship with a wonderful girl…who is just there outside, her name starting with the letter I.”

“Stop it. You’re talking as if I’m getting married or something.” Henry nudged ________ and both of them laughed at each other.

“Why not? Life’s short.”

“Yah. Speak for yourself. As for me, I just want you to go live your life happily and without regrets, okay?” Henry replied, sincerely hoping that ________ would find her peace, love and happiness very soon.

After her short talk with Henry ________ talked to Ivy and then to the rest of the Super Junior-M members, minus of course Donghae.

 

 

The next day, ________ just took her time in packing up and cleaned the apartment she would soon be leaving.

Her flight was scheduled to leave later that night and she was only half-way done with everything that she had to finish before then.

 

________ paid the cab driver what she owed him for the trip to the airport and even gave him a little extra tip for helping her with her luggage.

________ then went inside the airport and went straight to her airline’s designated counter. She gave her passport and other needed documents before they processed her boarding ticket. The person behind the counter looked up at ________, looking at her as if she looked very familiar to the stranger.

“Is there something wrong?” _______ asked with a slight worry.

“No ma’am.” The person answered back with a smile. “You’re lucky, we’re upgrading you to business class.” The person in charge informed her.

“Really?? Why?”

“As I said earlier, you’re fortunate. Good luck and I hope you have a memorable trip with us.” She was then handed her boarding ticket and deposited her luggage.

“Uhm…thank you...?” _______ tilted her head as she felt confused. ‘I hope that good luck meant no harm and that this plane won’t crash.’ She thought because she found the words spoken to her a bit weird.

After going through immigration and security check, _______ just stayed put in the lounge area.

________ couldn’t help but look around the airport, having that slight hope and wish that someone very close to her heart would somehow appear and stop her…or at least hold her for a minute and tell her that everything will be okay. But alas, there was no sign of a running man…her Donghae. Well what did she expect?

‘This is your life. You did this to yourself, just move on and live your life.’ She tried telling herself.

After waiting for almost two hours, _______ finally boarded the plane. She went to her free, upgraded business-class seat and sat comfortably.

The last minute before the plane closed its door, a guy coolly walked in and casually sat beside _______. She wasn’t able to see who the guy is since she was busy trying to find her mints inside her bag.

“Thank God they were able to identify and upgrade the right girl I wanted to sit beside me.” _______ finally looked to her side and found herself once again surprised when she saw who talked to her. Her jaw dropped, her eyes widened and she was speechless.

‘Did the plane already crash? Am I in heaven already?’


Can you guys feel the ending coming up?

Hmmm…the finale is approaching.

I’m really being truthful and sincere when I say that you all are part of the reason why I became happy during 2011. Thank you so much for not getting sick of me. Thank you for all the love and support + the lovely, encouraging comments. They do make me smile.

I hope that 2012 will be wonderful for all of us. I wish you all everlasting happiness!

I wish that I continue to not disappoint you with my stories ^_^ Stay with me, yes?

 

~Comment Replies~

rdc2844: awww...thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment/compliment. I'm so happy that you're loving and enjoying this story. I'm glad you felt the emotions of ^_^

I hope you like this update ;)

aniyha: Well I'm not sure if this chapter answered your curiosity but I do hope you enjoy it ;)

kyuhaeyee: True, seems like one party is falling IN love while another is falling OUT? *_*

cupidzangel: Well did this chapter make you lose more hope or did the cliffhanger give you a bit of faith? ;)

I'm happy you liked that part :) Cute moment, right?

Happy New Year!! ^_^

jaeeun: awww...YAY I'm glad I was able to make you happy ^_^ Thanks for saying that, I really appreciate the kind and sweet words :) Hoping this writer won't let you down.

*hug* at least you were brave enough and took the risk :) Don't think of it as a bad thing / memory.

nabbbibi: He's just too heartbroken 3

Hope you enjoy this update :)

suju26kamz: haha okay lang yan! Use any language / say anything para you can express yourself. ;)

Donghae doesn't want to get hurt again lang kaya he's being careful and wants to make sure na love na love na talaga siya.

Yay for Henry!

Not yet, I'll try to search for it :) Thanks for the recommendation...I hope ni-rerecommend mo rin ako.haha jk ;)

cassie10: Nemo was heartbroken 3

Hope you enjoy this update :)

JaeSunHae_cy: The longer it's unresolved, the more it hurts :|

Hope you like this update :)

citedFriedRice: LOL maybe it's better if we just bang their heads against each other maybe that would help both of them.haha.

JaiDen_1586: I hope you love this update better since it's not as heartbreaking...right? ;)

Do you think your feelings are stronger / right based on this chapter? :)

I hope you enjoy this update! Thank you so much for loving my story ^_^

musicallyinclined: LOL your 'I will slice you' line reminded me of a youtube person (luanlegacy).

Do you still feel the same after reading this update? :)

parkjiyeon: Hope you enjoy this update! Did this make you crazy as well? hihi  ;)

Lilmisschique: YAY! Siwon and Henry are in this update so I think you'll like it.lol ;)

Hoping this chappy didn't make you sad :)

Alina1225: Frustrated at Donghae.haha

Maybe Donghae's too heartbroken to forgive easily?

What'll happen now *_*

Happy New Year! ^_^

leeteukbaby: haha he certainly did that ;) You're one of the few who is on his side.lol

rukinamoto_26: What do you think is Donghae up to now? Will he continue to ignore and be mad at her? hmmm...

 

awww...congrats! ^_~ hope whatever you thought of went well ;)

Samona: True :|

They fought longer that they were happy together :(

ugh..drama. complicated 3

anj_yesung: Yay for a new happy couple! ^_~

It's all part of their life and love story :(

LOL Donghae's getting beaten up by a lot of you. but you still managed to compliment his pretty and beautiful head.haha :)

jasmine92: awww...thank you so much! I'm very happy that you've enjoyed my stories. I'm so glad that you were able to feel the emotions of the story, I really aim for that. I really appreciate the compliment and yes, it definitely made me happy and helped me gain confidence ^_^

Hope you continue to enjoy my stories this new year! Happy holidays & Happy new year!

redshuz: Yay for Siwon, Ivy & Henry! haha ^_~

Donghae's the problem now, right?

Thanks! Hope you've been have a great day / week / new year ^_^

ColaSmackles: Yeah :( He's too hurt so he's being stubborn right now.

Less drama here but do you think it's too late?

 

Hope you enjoy this update for the new year ^_^

what?! No, I do reply on twitter *_* Love you ^_~

superhyukkie: I know :( Donghae's just too heartbroken, maybe he got traumatized from his previous experience with her that he's not too sure if she's really willing to stay with him now.

 

Yeah Junsu writes good songs :) Happy new year!

kyuhyun-eonnie: Just when you think things will fall into place *sigh*

stephyjung: Yeah both of them actually have their own reasons but they need to meet halfway to solve their problems.

awww...hope this new year update will make it up for your Christmas heartbreak.

vanillalover26: He just got too heartbroken and eventually lost hope and got tired I guess :(

YAY for Ivy and Henry being happy ^_^

SHERYLN: Based on this chapter, do you think they'll have another chance?

LOL That would be another love triangle! Henry-Amber-Donghae.haha

Happy New Year! ^_^

pinkheadphones: Hope you enjoy this update! ^_^ Happy New Year :)

lilrockstar: Do you think he really gave up now? *_*

celine_neji: Based on this chapter, do you think it's too late for the two? *_*

YAY I'm glad Ivy is being loved by a lot of you because of my story.haha ;)

Happy New Year unnie! Hope you enjoy this one *Hae Hug* ^_^