Chapter 9

Married With Him

 

She finally got to go home. She was so happy to get out of the hospital. She was tired of always getting fussed over, both by their parents and by her so called husband. She felt uneasy whenever he was near her. He didn't really talk to her and she didn't know why. When they finally got home and their parents went home too, he took her to their room and left. A little later he popped in.

"Are you hungry? I'll go cook something for us to eat."

"No, not yet." she answered slowly.

He left right after she said that. She heard some noised downstairs and decided to go see what he was doing. He had been so quiet for the whole day and all of a sudden there were noises. While she was walking down the stairs, she saw him fumbling some vegetables from the fridge to the counter. She ran to him and helped him.

"Why are you running?" he asked madly.

She looked at him and apologized.

"Mianhae. I shouldn't have yelled at you. It's just that you just got out of the hospital. I don't want you to hurt yourself." he said softly as he touched her cheeks with both his hands. He stared into her eyes, but she turned away. He let go and went back to tend to the vegetables. She looked at him while he was cutting up the vegetables. He was very skilled and she was surprised that he knew how to cook. He knew that she was looking at him. He's cooked for her a couple of times when they were friends.

"Never seen a guy cook before?" he asked.

"I didn't think that you would know how to cook."

"Why? Do I look like the type that eats out every night?"

"No, it's just that this house looks like it's a girl who lives here only."

He noticed that it was her house. He's never stepped into this house until the day before she came home. He only came to put their pictures up and put his clothes in their room.

"Well, it's just that I'm really busy with work." He tried to change the subject. "When did you want to go back to work?"

"Work? I work?" she asked confused.

"Yeah. You love your job. You've always wanted to design, don't you remember?" he regretted soon after he said that. "Sorry. It's just that sometimes I forget."

"It's okay. Here, let me help you." she grabbed the knife out of his hand and was cutting up the rest of the vegetables. "So what do I design?"

"Clothes. Your office is only over there. After dinner, you can go see some of your designs you've been working on."

"Okay." She didn't look so she cut her finger. "Oww." He grabbed her finger and on it instantly. The blood stopped flowing.

"Come here. Let me put a band aid on your finger."

While he was putting ointment and the band aid on her finger, she was looking at him.

"Is he really like this? Is he really this nice? What if he's different when I remember? Do we love each other? There are no photos of us besides our wedding pictures. It doesn't even look like he lives here." she was thinking all of these in her head.

"What are you thinking?" he asked her after he had seen that she was out for a while.

"Do we love each other?"