Chapter 16

Married With Him

 

She was in the kitchen when she heard her mom walking down the stairs.

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yeah." Her mother looked at her and saw the bags under her eyes. "Did you not sleep well last night?"

"No, I couldn't go to sleep. Omma, did you want to go out and grabbed some breakfast?"

"Sure. Where did you want to go eat?"

"I heard that there was a new coffee shop around the corner. Let's go there."

"Okay, let me get ready."

They were having breakfast at the cafe.

"Why do you insist on doing this to him?"

"Omma, I don't want to talk about it right now."

"If not now, when? Tell me the reasons as to why you want to divorce him? What are your reasons?"

"Omma..." She looked at her mom and saw the sad eyes her mom was giving her. "It's because...he doesn't love me...”

"Jiyoung!"

She looked up and to her surprise, saw her husband.

"Heechul….”

He looked at his mother-in-law and looked back at her. He went up to her and grabbed her hand. He pulled her up and dragged her off.

"Heechul, let go of me. What are you doing? You're hurting me."

He finally let go of her hand when they had reached home. He unlocked the door and pulled her in.

She looked at him while he was staring down on the floor. "What are you doing back so early?"

He looked up at her and then walked away. She followed him and he went into her office. He sat down on the desk and she was standing in front of him. She noticed that there was the morning paper on the desk. She knew that it must have been because of that reason, that's why he came back. He covered his face with his hands and then looked back up at her.

"Is it true?" he asked her all of a sudden.

"Is what true?" she asked not knowing what he was talking about.

"The divorce lawyer." His voice was really calm and it scared her. "Did you go see a divorce lawyer?"

"What do you think?" she asked him questioningly. "Do you think that I would just stand around and let you do whatever you want? I don't know if before the accident, I already knew about this or not, but I'm telling you now that I will not be a doll to you."

He got up and went over to her. He was inches away from her and looked straight in her eyes. "If it's about that picture, it's nothing. Why won't you believe me?"

She was angry that he would actually lie to her. "There are too many proofs. Everything points towards that direction. What am I to think? You weren't with me when I got into the accident! You took off right after I just came home! You never told me who the woman was! And last of all, nothing in this house belongs to you!"

She stormed out of the room and was walking up the stairs when he grabbed her hands. She spun around and fell into his arms. They were inches away from each other. They were both looking into each other's eyes. She closed her eyes and he went forward. When their lips met, it was like nothing he's ever felt before. They were still kissing when they heard the door clicked open.

Her mom saw them kissing on the stairs and smiled. "Don't mind me. I'll just be in the kitchen." Her mom left them standing in there in a daze.

She got off of him when she realized that she was still in his embrace. She went up the stairs and into their bedroom. She locked the door behind her and was leaning against the door. She got off the door and went into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and noticed that her cheeks had gotten really red. She held her cheeks and smiled.

After she went upstairs, he went back down into her office. He didn't know what just happened. He didn't know what made him kiss her. It just felt so right at the time to do it. He was pacing the office when he heard a light tap on the door. "Come in." It was her mom. "Omma, when did you arrive? I am so rude for earlier."

Her mom went up to him and kissed his cheeks. "It's ok. I know what was going through your mind. She just feels a little distant from you. You will have to start fresh with her."

"Arraseo."

"How long until you go back?"

"I'm not going back. I'll stay here and just communicate from here."

"Good. She needs you right now. She's confused. She thinks you don't love her, but she doesn't know that it's your business. Since you won't be going back, then I'll be leaving tomorrow."

"You must stay for a while, omma."

"No, your father needs me at home too. I must go help him at home...Don't let it stress you too much. She just doesn't know what she's doing right now. Give her some time and she'll be fine." She looked up at her son-in-law and saw many worries. "I'll go up and see how she's doing." She left and went upstairs.

There was a light knock at the door. Jiyoung was scared that it was Heechul. "It's just me, honey." It was just her mother. She went and opened the door. Her mom came into the room and sat down at the bed. "I'm leaving tomorrow. Your father needs me back home."

"Omma, how can you leave me like this? I still don't feel too good."

"It's ok. Heechul is not going back to Incheon so you'll be fine."

"What? He's not going back?"

Her mom looked at her face and touched her cheeks. "He loves you a lot. Don't think that just because he kissed another woman, he doesn't love you."

She looked up at her mom. "Omma! How did you know about it?"

"Of course I know." She looked at her daughter's eyes. "Maybe, he just has his own reasons. He just hasn't explained them yet. Just be patient and time will tell." She hugged her daughter and got up to leave. "I'm going to go pack."

All of a sudden the door opened. It was Heechul. "Omma, I would like to take you and your lovely daughter out for some shopping and then to lunch." (A/n: Heechul’s OOC!!!)

"Oooh, lovely. My favorite past time. Also, a gentlemen to carry our bags." With that, Heechul gave out a laugh. Her mom left the room to get ready and he went up to her. She turned around so that he wouldn't see her, but to her surprise, he hugged her from behind.

"I know that you're angry at me, but I will explain it to you tonight."

"You don't have to. I'm fine with it."

"Fine with it? Is that why you went to see a divorce lawyer?"

She turned around and looked at him. "I was angry. I felt betrayed. I just couldn't see any other way out of it."

"I won't ever make you disappointed in me. I promise." He bent down and kissed her.